Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Monee, IL

#80512 Jan 2, 2013
cody wrote:
It happend in mt sterling ky last year
Hi Cody.:)

Monee, IL

#80513 Jan 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I would coat it in grease and put into a open flame like a stove or fireplace, then clean it afterwards with steel wool and then coat the exterior with some black stove polish that you can get at many hardware stores.
More chores before the day gets totally away from me.
Thanks AW, I'll have to give that a try. I need to get up and get busy too! As usual, dishes waiting on me.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80514 Jan 2, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I was going to tell you, be sure not to ever clean your coins! They lose A LOT of value when you do that!
Yep, I read about that! They said it would greatly depreciate the value of the coin(s) if you clean them. A normal person would think differently because it would stand to reason that a shiny coin would be a more valuable coin. Glad I saw that beforehand....

I just wish I could find a reputable dealer to trust. I would gladly sell some of these. I still have dreams of that (as of now, still elusive) log cabin in my minds eye.

An "Adirondack" style two story log cabin, with a full wall fireplace and some big skylights for growing exotic plants in the great room. Like growing some bamboo, palms and banana trees? Wouldn't that be sweet?? We've already got enough rock and boulders here for the fireplace wall I'm sure. How awesome it would be to put them to use for something like that.. And a few of our cedar trees would make awesome beams.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80515 Jan 2, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
I seen this story of some naked dude running around in california with nothing but a samurai sword,lol,, naturally I thought Uni moved to califoria,, but no it was Coco Bennett who went a little crazy for a bit... probably eating too much food cooked in alumimum.
Or he got into the "bath salts." That's the newest way to get high.
These young folks are taking their lives in their hands when they use this stuff. It makes people go stark raving mad. Now, what kind of person would want to be like that??It's crazy.

Level 1

Location hidden

#80516 Jan 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I read about that! They said it would greatly depreciate the value of the coin(s) if you clean them. A normal person would think differently because it would stand to reason that a shiny coin would be a more valuable coin. Glad I saw that beforehand....
I just wish I could find a reputable dealer to trust. I would gladly sell some of these. I still have dreams of that (as of now, still elusive) log cabin in my minds eye.
An "Adirondack" style two story log cabin, with a full wall fireplace and some big skylights for growing exotic plants in the great room. Like growing some bamboo, palms and banana trees? Wouldn't that be sweet?? We've already got enough rock and boulders here for the fireplace wall I'm sure. How awesome it would be to put them to use for something like that.. And a few of our cedar trees would make awesome beams.
I lived in a log cabin when I was in Massachusetts. I lived in it for 24 years. They are very expensive to construct, and you almost have to have someone put up the shell professionally. They have special equipment to make the houses tight. I knew of someone who didn't do that and napkins would blow off the table when the wind was gusty. It's true that early settlers constructed their own, but look how much "caulking" they had to put on each course of logs. If you do build a log cabin, get full logs for the outer walls, instead of log facing over plywood. We had 9 inch full logs, which retained heat in the winter, and kept temperatures cool in the summer. The only drawback is that you can get sick and tired of looking at logs, and interior wall petitions of wood. There's not a lot you can do to change the appearance, unless you use conventional walls for the interior.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80518 Jan 2, 2013
make the on the left,,lol,, when you turn right off 25 wally world is on the left, and the antiques place in on the left.. my bad.

#80519 Jan 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in a log cabin when I was in Massachusetts. I lived in it for 24 years. They are very expensive to construct, and you almost have to have someone put up the shell professionally. They have special equipment to make the houses tight. I knew of someone who didn't do that and napkins would blow off the table when the wind was gusty. It's true that early settlers constructed their own, but look how much "caulking" they had to put on each course of logs. If you do build a log cabin, get full logs for the outer walls, instead of log facing over plywood. We had 9 inch full logs, which retained heat in the winter, and kept temperatures cool in the summer. The only drawback is that you can get sick and tired of looking at logs, and interior wall petitions of wood. There's not a lot you can do to change the appearance, unless you use conventional walls for the interior.
Thanks, OG. I've been doing some research for a few years now about log cabin construction. You're correct about the "shell" and insulations used. There is no way we'd hire a wanna-be "Daniel Boone" builder to do any construction when you're looking at the dollar amount necessary for put your dream home together.

As far as the wall issues, I've always been more of a 'window and nature' admirer than a hanger of artwork, hehe. Give me a wall of glass or windows so I can fill the room with plants, and/or look outside at nature, and I'll find that more attractive than a million dollar Rembrandt hanging on the wall, HAHA!!

Good information, thanks!

#80520 Jan 2, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
make the on the left,,lol,, when you turn right off 25 wally world is on the left, and the antiques place in on the left.. my bad.
LOL! Come again???

Okay, so I'm pretty sure I know where WallyWorld is, so get me from there to the antique store, haha!!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80521 Jan 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
These young folks are taking their lives in their hands when they use this stuff. It makes people go stark raving mad. Now, what kind of person would want to be like that??It's crazy.
Have you seen the before and after shots of people on meth? That must be one awesome high to do that to you but you keep going back for more.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80522 Jan 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Come again???
Okay, so I'm pretty sure I know where WallyWorld is, so get me from there to the antique store, haha!!

The right brain kicked in, left side went byby. Ok From Interstate 75 exit 29 head east on 25 to the 2nd light and go right passing Wal Mart and the antiques store in on the LEFT just past it. Easy peazy.

Monee, IL

#80523 Jan 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard the stories about users attacking and canibalizing other people when high on that mess!?! I have heard at least two stories about people getting high on it then eating other people's face off, no kidding!

#80524 Jan 2, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>,
The right brain kicked in, left side went byby. Ok From Interstate 75 exit 29 head east on 25 to the 2nd light and go right passing Wal Mart and the antiques store in on the LEFT just past it. Easy peazy.
Thanks, Hemp! I should be able to make it out that way. Earliest would be Friday. I'm anxious to see it. That, and I can try out the place called Basil's that someone has talked about on here. I'd really enjoy some good homemade Italian food for a change instead of having to cook it myself. Somerset only has a Fazoli's. And that's NOT Italian at all, in my opinion.....
Ghost Burger

Mooresville, NC

#80525 Jan 2, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard the stories about users attacking and canibalizing other people when high on that mess!?! I have heard at least two stories about people getting high on it then eating other people's face off, no kidding!
Turns them into Zombies. It is only going to get worse.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#80526 Jan 2, 2013
Yuk!!

#80527 Jan 2, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think the worse one recently in the news was what happened down in Miami Florida. Well maybe it was Miami.. I do know that it was in Florida someplace.

Anyway, the crazy guy who did the bath salts ate some innocent bystanders face off so badly that there was not anything left to reattach. Guess he must have swallowed it... Can you EVEN imagine???

Oh dear God, the mental image. And here I am, trying to cook dinner right now... There goes the appetite. Everyone else can enjoy it. I'll stick to my coffee for the time being)..
Ewwwwwww.
Ghost Burger

Mooresville, NC

#80528 Jan 2, 2013
Run for the boarder
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80530 Jan 2, 2013
Chores are done, now time for some meaningless banter like the six deer just outside my kitchen window that were watching me wash dishes.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80532 Jan 2, 2013
Now they have come to the other side of the house. I guess they want to see what is on Topix.

Level 1

Location hidden

#80533 Jan 2, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the before and after shots of people on meth? That must be one awesome high to do that to you but you keep going back for more.
I'v seen those awful meth pictures. It is one of the most addictive substances. It is cooked, and contains drain cleaner, ephedrine, acid, formaldehyde, an some other poisonous stuff. You literally poison your body. But the bath salts (look it up) are not the kind that you put in your tub to soak in. It's just called that. It works like speed that you can't come down from. Dopamine is released in your brain in HUGE amounts so that the person keeps dancing wildly, screaming, maybe eating flesh from another, etc. It is a bad, bad, high. Trouble is, it is sold freely in head shops, and kids can get a hold of this. It is not exactly a drug,so the DEA can't regulate it, at least for now. It may be the thing that was involved when that guy tried to eat another person's face. I'm sure you heard of that scary thing. Bath salts also give a person superhuman strength, at least for a little while. There are videos on YOUTUBE showing what this poison can do. I research all this stuff because I have a family member who is an addict, and he/she just takes anything available. It breaks my heart because these young people don't realize what the end result is with these addictive substances. I wouldn't be surprised if these mass shootings recently are not the result of taking these things.

Level 1

Location hidden

#80534 Jan 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Now they have come to the other side of the house. I guess they want to see what is on Topix.
When I lived up North,there was a wild animal farm not too far from us. Well, one day, my outside dogs were barking wildly at this white deer that had a huge rack of antlers. Good thing my dogs were in a fenced in yard. The dogs and the deer were charging each other, but the fence was in between them. I knew where the deer came from, so I called the animal farm. They asked me to try to catch the deer and hold him until they got there. What a fool I was to listen to them.
I almost had a rope around his neck, but he flicked me off like I was just an annoying fly. A little wiser, I went into the house and got apples, carrots, and lettuce. I came back out and kept that deer busy eating. Apparently, the deer was a rare specimen of a Eurasian deer. The folks came up and hit it with a tranquilizer gun, while I stood next to the deer. Thank goodness they had a good aim. They loaded that guy into a truck and off he went. By this time, I was really late for work. When I explained the reason for my tardiness, no one believed me and said that my story was the most creative excuse they heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 2 hr David 1
places that hire felons.help! 3 hr constanceswan 1
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 7 hr Mike 17
brad jones fairdale 9 hr beef 8
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) 17 hr Maverick 808 12,445
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 19 hr kctopps 61
Sarah annanice reece Fri Maverick 808 3
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web