Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,705

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80448 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the plastic too! It wouldn't hurt my feelings if my microwave kicked the bucket. About all I use it for is warming a few things. All this stuff we cook in, what food is stored in and the food itself is what's wrong with a lot of us!
Speaking of plastics, have you ever given any thought to all of our foods that the grocery stores put out on these green or yellow Styrofoam trays? We already know how bad the fumes from burning Styrofoam can be. Yet we allow our food to be packaged in, and sometimes sit on it, for days at a time. Meat can sit for sometimes four to five days on that Styrofoam tray and then it's wrapped in cellophane on top of that. These very same products that are so toxic if the fumes are inhaled if you burn them.... So is it the actual BURNING fumes that are deadly, or the invisible fumes given off from these products that we can't see or smell on top of it all that are causing us to die from these cancers??

I think sometimes that we've nudged our own bodies into nourishing and feeding many of these cancerous cells that are killing us off simply through the products that we naively bring into our homes..

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80449 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord, welcome to the club. I've been a Mod, a Nazi, a rat, a con, some lady in town who's an administrator at a local health care facility, and a professionally compensated liar, hehe. Wonder where all of these employers have been sending these payroll checks I seem to be missing.. I surely could use the spare change. Christmas put a bite in the old bank account, LOL!
Odd that no one accused me of being Santa Claus.
Maybe just an elf... Hmmmmm.
...and I thought I was busy! LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80450 Jan 1, 2013
Oh yeah, and don't forget what AB posted about margarine the other day. How it's only one element away from being plastic.... And she's right, nothing will grow on it. No molds=, no insects, nadda.

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80451 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
My brother in law had it really bad too. Although I can't say if he got his flu shot or not, but I'd say he did because the rest of the family did. A day later, my sister came down with it as well. She spent 18 hours in bed, unable to function. Very strange for her too.
But my brother inlaw NEVER gets sick like this one that hit him. My sister says that in the 23 years they've been together, she's known of him to vomit only three times. This one being the third. He was extremely ill and is still trying to get his strength back. It hit him the day after Christmas, and then it got her about a day later.
Odd too is the fact that so many people are talking about having these same symptoms, both on Topix AND FaceBook, yet I've seen nothing on the news about an outbreak of the size that this appears to be... I'm also getting emails from friends from out of state who've been really ill with it.
So where did this bug come from? Every one I know who's gone to the doctor has been told that NO, it's not the regular seasonal flu that these vaccines were manufactured for, but "another bug" that's going around... Made me wonder how these doctors could tell one from the other via a simple in-office exam with no blood work or other tests being run..
Was something really in those flu shots? And IF there was something in them, will we ever know??
I doubt we will..
I have had one flu shot in my life and I don't know what I was thinking. I don't plan on getting another one. It didn't make me sick or anything. I just do not trust vaccines! Shoot, look what they are doing to kids with all the vaccines - ADD-ADHD, Autism, etc. No thanks!
I was with him for about three days but I thank God I didn't get it!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80452 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
...and I thought I was busy! LOL
Right? We obviously need to send out a posse to search for our lost/missing incomes. But then again with the vast numbers of personal contacts we should already have available due to our top secret positions, it should be a no brainer..
:)

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80453 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of plastics, have you ever given any thought to all of our foods that the grocery stores put out on these green or yellow Styrofoam trays? We already know how bad the fumes from burning Styrofoam can be. Yet we allow our food to be packaged in, and sometimes sit on it, for days at a time. Meat can sit for sometimes four to five days on that Styrofoam tray and then it's wrapped in cellophane on top of that. These very same products that are so toxic if the fumes are inhaled if you burn them.... So is it the actual BURNING fumes that are deadly, or the invisible fumes given off from these products that we can't see or smell on top of it all that are causing us to die from these cancers??
I think sometimes that we've nudged our own bodies into nourishing and feeding many of these cancerous cells that are killing us off simply through the products that we naively bring into our homes..
I think you are right. Also look at all the fast food restaurants that use styrofoam, putting the food in it then setting it under heat lamps! And now the bags of veggies in the freezer section, the ones where the veggies are microwaved in the plastic. No way! And water in plastic bottles. If they sit in the sun and then you drink the water you get all kinds of good toxins! You are right, we are killing ourselves.

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80454 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Oh yeah, and don't forget what AB posted about margarine the other day. How it's only one element away from being plastic.... And she's right, nothing will grow on it. No molds=, no insects, nadda.
Oh yeah! I have been preaching to my family about margarine and those spreads for years and they won't listen to me!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80455 Jan 1, 2013
Well, I'm yawning so badly now that my eyes are watering, LOL! I'm really hitting the hay this time. You have a great evening, WKG. I'll talk to you tomorrow!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80456 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? We obviously need to send out a posse to search for our lost/missing incomes. But then again with the vast numbers of personal contacts we should already have available due to our top secret positions, it should be a no brainer..
:)
hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80457 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AW.:) Your kraut sounds good too, as well as the fried cornbread. Is it "hot water cornbread?" I love that stuff. My boyfriend was in the grocery today and he said at least half the buggies in the store had a head of cabbage in them. lol
I don't know if it was hot or cold LOL I just made what my ancestors called "hoe cakes".... mainly corn meal, with a little flour, egg, butter milk, and lard. My understanding is that "hoe cakes" name came from when the pioneers could not take much stuff along or when the slaves did not have much to start with and made the corn bread and cooked it on the end of a hoe held over an open flame either outdoors or in the fireplace. I did not use a hoe though LOL but an iron skillet.

I even thought about "boiling" some coffee but used the Mr. Coffee instead. Coffee was just boiled over the open flames and then add a little cold water to make the grounds sink to the bottom of the pot.

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80458 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, I'm yawning so badly now that my eyes are watering, LOL! I'm really hitting the hay this time. You have a great evening, WKG. I'll talk to you tomorrow!
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
Me too. Later!:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80459 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I have a big collection of cast iron skillets. So my cornbread especially is always made in one of them with the oil heated enough to sizzle when the batter hits it. I've even got my Grandma's huge cast iron chicken frying skillet with the cast iron lid too!! I'd not take ten thousand dollars for it.... Seriously, it's that special to me.
I have an entire collection of iron skillets of all sizes. After washing, I wipe them out with a mixture of salt and grease to keep them from rusting and from sticking when they are used next. Old folks used sand instead of salt. The huge one with a lid, I call it a "Dutch Oven". Why? Because that is what Granny called it. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80460 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had one flu shot in my life and I don't know what I was thinking. I don't plan on getting another one. It didn't make me sick or anything. I just do not trust vaccines! Shoot, look what they are doing to kids with all the vaccines - ADD-ADHD, Autism, etc. No thanks!
I was with him for about three days but I thank God I didn't get it!
I have gotten a flu shot every year for the past 20 years and a pneumonia shot every 5 years. I have never had either of those illnesses in my life. I don't know if those shots are doing me harm or any good, but they don't seem to be hurting.(knock on wood). I think much illness is attributed more so to life-style. All those conveniences like central heat and air blowing particles around does not seem good to me. I sleep with a window cracked for fresh air regardless of the temperatures.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80461 Jan 1, 2013
As far as the poster saying that the discussion of meaningless banter such as cornbread is one way to "side track" a thread with mis/disinformation.

It seems to be that corn bread or the caos in the Middle East are neither one about dead birds. This thread seems to have no track and it seems to just be a matter of personal preference as to what a group wishes to discuss or not discuss. Bring on the "meaningless" banter. LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80462 Jan 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
WOW, now that's some exotic cornbread!! I have everything here to try out a batch, too. I'm sure I'll like it because I like all the ingredients in it, hehe! Thanks!! I'll let ya know now it turns out after I make some for us.
I've read where you mentioned that cookbook before. Where did you get it?
I ask because also have a big cast iron stew pot, guess modern folk would call it a Dutch oven, with the lid. Those skillets and pots are priceless as far as I'm concerned. As long as you keep them seasoned and NEVER, EVER, let a drop of soap touch them, they'll last till the end of time...
I still use a heavy cast 11" pan for cornbread that my great grandmother used from about 1880, and gave to my grandmother when she married in 1916. It skipped my mother as it was given to me,, so I know it's over 133 years old. I tried last year to identify it and know it's not Wagner or Griswold , but no luck in locating the mfg. I even made a cheesecake in it and it fell out like it was baked in ceramic. I feel I'd disrespect my grands by not using it.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#80463 Jan 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord, welcome to the club. I've been a Mod, a Nazi, a rat, a con, some lady in town who's an administrator at a local health care facility, and a professionally compensated liar, hehe. Wonder where all of these employers have been sending these payroll checks I seem to be missing.. I surely could use the spare change. Christmas put a bite in the old bank account, LOL!
Odd that no one accused me of being Santa Claus.
Maybe just an elf... Hmmmmm.
I've always suspected you to be an alien, sent to earth to find intelligent life by using topix as a beta tester, that or Santa Claus.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#80464 Jan 2, 2013
when making baked corn bread, I add in a can of cream stype corn and less buttermilk.

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80465 Jan 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gotten a flu shot every year for the past 20 years and a pneumonia shot every 5 years. I have never had either of those illnesses in my life. I don't know if those shots are doing me harm or any good, but they don't seem to be hurting.(knock on wood). I think much illness is attributed more so to life-style. All those conveniences like central heat and air blowing particles around does not seem good to me. I sleep with a window cracked for fresh air regardless of the temperatures.
Good morning AW. A lot of people do get the flu shots, no doubt. I'm just chicken. lol To me the pneumonia shot would be more important so I might would consider it. I had rather TRY to stay healthy on vitamins, minerals, herbs and things like apple cider vinegar, garlic, elderberry, etc. When I do get sick I use all of the above for treatment.
Oh yes I agree about our life-style causing a lot of our illnesses. Between that and all we are doing to our food from the ground/hoof to our plate is killing us.

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80466 Jan 2, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I still use a heavy cast 11" pan for cornbread that my great grandmother used from about 1880, and gave to my grandmother when she married in 1916. It skipped my mother as it was given to me,, so I know it's over 133 years old. I tried last year to identify it and know it's not Wagner or Griswold , but no luck in locating the mfg. I even made a cheesecake in it and it fell out like it was baked in ceramic. I feel I'd disrespect my grands by not using it.
Ok call me a nerd but I think that is so cool.:) I can just imagine your great grandmother using that skillet. I have a couple of those old Morgan Silver Dollars from about 1880. I look at those things and my imagination starts running wild wondering where all those things have been, who had them, how hard they had to work to get them, what they spent them on, and on and on. I love that kind of thing. That kind of makes history come to life!

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80467 Jan 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
when making baked corn bread, I add in a can of cream stype corn and less buttermilk.
I was just saying yesterday that I bet that would be good. I have heard of people using apple sauce in recipes too. I have never heard of wiping your cast iron with salt. I'll have to try that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cardinals Basketball 11 min da L1C4 1
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 18 min defeated 130
best night spot to meet thirty something ladie... 14 hr ForumCommando 2
Why did Wave 3 Kevin & Carrie harned get divorce? (Aug '13) 19 hr luvthemkats1 38
mari stuart Wed cali 1
wiliam brewer aka disco Tue sarah 2
Mitch McConnell Alison Grimes Tue rick 18
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Nov 17 Vinohutch20 259
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:56 pm PST

NBC Sports11:56PM
Colts put in extra time to prepare for McCoy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:59 AM
Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts: Breaking Down Washington's Game Plan
NFL 4:44 AM
Redskins players 'surprised' by RGIII's benching
Bleacher Report 7:19 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan
NBC Sports 8:12 AM
Colts make a change at cornerback