Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,381)

Showing posts 67,601 - 67,620 of81,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80331
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

counting down. 8 more minutes to put 2012 calendar in my stove LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80332
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80333
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80334
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80335
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
rain on my metal roof woke me with 30 minutes to go in this year. I was dreaming of going to the beach LOL POOH it is only rain and not the ocean
Bummer, huh AW?:) I hope you have a severely blessed 2013!
BAD NEWS

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80336
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Massive bird die off happening now.
strange

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80337
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

weird stuff
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80338
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

May the new year unfold for you joy and peace and a coffee cup never empty.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80339
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Happy 2013

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80340
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The last of 2012 must have tired everyone out, including me. The rain woke me up as well, but I missed the New Year's ball dropping in Times Square. Has anybody ever been up there? Times Square looks so beautiful on New Year's Eve, with everybody partying in cool clothes, and being friendly toward each other. The city lights make a beautiful backdrop while welcoming in the new year.

Now for the REAL Times Square: People move along quickly, and carefully avoid eye-contact with anyone. Homeless people in tattered clothes sit on sidewalks,
begging for change. Some of them are just "acting" and get quite a loot by the end of the day.
They are back at it the very next day, until policemen ask them to move on. The truly needy refuse offers to go to the shelters. The odor is rank from unwashed bodies and human waste. There is an occasional "lady of the night" advertising her services. Right down the street is Radio City Music Hall and the Waldorf, where well-dressed people go for entertainment. The "slum" and upscale New York exist side by side.
I am grateful for living in Kentucky, the absolute antithesis of city life. I haven't been back to the city since I moved here, and I certainly don't miss it. Happy New Year, folks. Be thankful for the beauty and solitude of country life.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80342
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oglala wrote:
The last of 2012 must have tired everyone out, including me. The rain woke me up as well, but I missed the New Year's ball dropping in Times Square. Has anybody ever been up there? Times Square looks so beautiful on New Year's Eve, with everybody partying in cool clothes, and being friendly toward each other. The city lights make a beautiful backdrop while welcoming in the new year.
Now for the REAL Times Square: People move along quickly, and carefully avoid eye-contact with anyone. Homeless people in tattered clothes sit on sidewalks,
begging for change. Some of them are just "acting" and get quite a loot by the end of the day.
They are back at it the very next day, until policemen ask them to move on. The truly needy refuse offers to go to the shelters. The odor is rank from unwashed bodies and human waste. There is an occasional "lady of the night" advertising her services. Right down the street is Radio City Music Hall and the Waldorf, where well-dressed people go for entertainment. The "slum" and upscale New York exist side by side.
I am grateful for living in Kentucky, the absolute antithesis of city life. I haven't been back to the city since I moved here, and I certainly don't miss it. Happy New Year, folks. Be thankful for the beauty and solitude of country life.
You failed to mention the numerous rats that scurry along at night coming up out of the subways, the storefront hookers, the open display of sexual material, the inability of a male to walk along (even with his wife) without being propositioned, or the hell holes of the world called "Grand Central Station" or 42nd street, and runaway children laying in the doorways. You bet I am Thankful to not have to go there to work anymore, including Philadelphia and Chicago which are not quite as degenerate, but close.
Big apple

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80343
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to mention the numerous rats that scurry along at night coming up out of the subways, the storefront hookers, the open display of sexual material, the inability of a male to walk along (even with his wife) without being propositioned, or the hell holes of the world called "Grand Central Station" or 42nd street, and runaway children laying in the doorways. You bet I am Thankful to not have to go there to work anymore, including Philadelphia and Chicago which are not quite as degenerate, but close.
it's those danged bad apples again...what do you think we should do with them?

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80344
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh yes, I for one am very happy to be a hick from Kentucky! lol Big cities are okay to visit but I sure wouldn't want to live there!

Ohhh I am watching a report on NBC news channel, San Antonio teachers being trained to take down another person (shooter or whoever). Totally cool! LOL I sure wouldn't want one of those little teachers after me! lol I hope y'all get to see that report.:) We have some folks around here teaching self defense and marksmanship classes. I'm thinking about taking some classes. I've got too soft and out of shape in my old age. It would be fun for sure, to pay somebody to let me beat the crap out of them. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80345
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Good afternoon bird threaders. Is everyone sleeping in late today or what? And who is the scrooge with all the mean icons over a simple HAPPY NEW YEAR. Jeeze, what a sad soul.

I was watching the New York festivities when I was kidnapped by my best friends to go see the fireworks. Car was warm and toasty, bundled up, got a glass of bubbly and really enjoyed it. Got home and had missed everyone on here so watched the Cops of Sturgis until I fell asleep.

I am not sure how I feel about teachers being armed. Might end up being a disaster. I think they should install metal detectors at the front door, hire off duty police like some do already. It is sad to even think about. What a day we live in now huh? Kid can't even go to school without worrying about their safety.

I hope you all have a great day. Gloomy day out, mild temps, but at least no rain, sleet, or snow.
hellhole

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80346
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to mention the numerous rats that scurry along at night coming up out of the subways, the storefront hookers, the open display of sexual material, the inability of a male to walk along (even with his wife) without being propositioned, or the hell holes of the world called "Grand Central Station" or 42nd street, and runaway children laying in the doorways. You bet I am Thankful to not have to go there to work anymore, including Philadelphia and Chicago which are not quite as degenerate, but close.
Christ frequently consorted with beggars, prostitutes, orphaned children and when He returns He will likely pay a visit to the 'hell holes' first.

Since: Dec 12

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80347
Jan 1, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Santa brought me a new 20 gauge shotgun for Christmas, among with an assortment of other 'needful' accessories to go along with it. I might make some noise of my own out there if I hear trespassers or the likes getting too close for comfort.. For not having any neighbors close by, we've had some very strange things going on around here. Odd noises and occasional gunfire off in the hills, etc...
Hey Nope, did you fire that cannon off???:) I can't believe I have never heard of this tradition until this year. I think I have been too dang sheltered in my life! lol All that shooting and I have missed out on it.:( I was "in town" last night and heard SEVERAL gunshots going off. First I heard a few fireworks then I heard a BOOM and I told the sweetie that was not fireworks, it was a shotgun! He agreed. I said you have got to be kidding me and as I said that I hear more shots that were not a shotgun. He said nope, that sounded like high powered pistols. I said, "That crap has got to come down somewhere!!!" He suggested that it might he a good time to be IN the house. LOL The popo was turning onto our street as I was pulling out. lol
If the government ever does plan on taking our guns I think they better start somewhere else and put Kentucky way on down on their list of things to do. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80348
Jan 1, 2013
 
Didn't sleep in here. Woke up feeling like a million bucks!

Hope everyone had a great time last night no matter what you got into.

Today is very quiet outside for some reason. No birds singing and even the chickens are acting subdued. Wonder what's up with that? Anyone else seeing or noticing this around where you live?
hellhole

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80349
Jan 1, 2013
 
Abeliever wrote:
I am not sure how I feel about teachers being armed. Might end up being a disaster.
Armed teachers would have avoided disasters like Columbine and Sandy Hook.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80350
Jan 1, 2013
 
Big apple wrote:
<quoted text>
it's those danged bad apples again...what do you think we should do with them?
Distance ourselves as far away from them as possible, lest we rot too. I have a got start on it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80351
Jan 1, 2013
 
hellhole wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ frequently consorted with beggars, prostitutes, orphaned children and when He returns He will likely pay a visit to the 'hell holes' first.
This is very true but we do not have his POWER, so we are advised to "shun the very appearance of Evil".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,601 - 67,620 of81,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gilbert Renfrow 16 min bystander 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 46 min LIbEralS 25,967
Miley Cyrus Cancels Dates With Nashville, Louis... 3 hr lol 7
Josh Young Guilty, or Not (Jul '13) 9 hr Auntie Phascist 42
Chris Fitzner 12 hr Damon 1
Would you live in the black infested west end? (Apr '09) 12 hr White Man 58
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 12 hr black facts 466
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••