Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,379)

Showing posts 67,561 - 67,580 of81,251
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Already feeling the positive effects of quitting, and let me tell you, it's a SUCH nice feeling!! I even started sleeping better, which was a complete surprise! I'm sticking with it because these Ecigs have been even easier than taking Chantix was. And I tried Chantix twice. Those nightmares and other side effects were brutal... The Ecigs are a God send as far as I'm concerned..
I hear tell though that Uncle Sam is trying to shut them down. Saying that they are a "drug delivery" system. Two companies filed lawsuits in federal government not long ago and won, but I doubt it will be very long before they try to stop the use of Ecigs completely again.
Why would they want to stop these from being used, yet still allow tobacco products to be sold legally? Well, we all know the answer to that one already. Don't we....
Oh yeah, sounds like another government/tobacco company and PROBABLY drug company deal to me! They don't care about people. All any of them care about is the almighty dolllar! Tobacco companies want to make their money on tobacco, big drug companies make their fortures off of cancer and our dear government gets HUGE kickbacks from both of them. That so ticks me off!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So were YOU the reason that gall-derned thing sitting on my desk didn't go poof that night?????
ROFLMBO!!!
No, I won't take credit for that. I (and numerous other IT people around the world) worked on large mainframe systems. Those gall-danged things on one's desks came along about 1985 and were largely used to just transmit data back and forth to larger machines. It is what the larger, older machines did with the data and that might be what kept your's from going POOF.
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO no no no!!!!! I did NOT just read that!!!!!!!!!
<<<Covering eyes, deleting info from memory>>>
I've never heard that before!! Now I'll be compelled to check them for babies! Lord, help me. Don't they have a breeding season or something? Please say yes. I really don't want to raise any possums and I am SUCH a stray animal magnet already..... Why the good Lord always seems to send poor strays my way is a mystery, but it's the honest truth.
Hey, you be careful!!! We don't want to read about some crazy woman getting hit by a car while playing with a dead possum in the road! Too too funny! LOOOL
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it worked perfectly but we had worked on it for most of 1999, we even began in 1997. That night was just a "cut-over" process to a newer version. The biggest problem stemmed from when older computers were limited on memory and many systems were built to drop the century and carry only the last 2 digits and it would have been a problem to differentiate between Jan 1,1900 and Jan 1, 2000.
So when calculatimg the terms of such things as long term investments, mortgages, or things like how long a life insurance policy had been in effect, the calculations would have gone negative. To subtrct say 1967 from 00, the result would have been a negative 67 instead of plus 33. I devised a plan for my company to convert those same 2 digits on all historical records from just numbers to a combination of numbers and letters, and it worked and still does today. LOL
Hooooly moly, somebody around here is a brainiac!:) If I was that smart I would be dangerous. God know who to trust the smarts with. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I won't take credit for that. I (and numerous other IT people around the world) worked on large mainframe systems. Those gall-danged things on one's desks came along about 1985 and were largely used to just transmit data back and forth to larger machines. It is what the larger, older machines did with the data and that might be what kept your's from going POOF.
All joking aside, I really was secretly hoping to watch it go poof.
:)
Not that I wanted the world's finances or anything else to be effected. But in-home PC's at that time? It wouldn't have bothered me one iota back then if it would have crashed, never to be resurrected..
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Santa brought me a new 20 gauge shotgun for Christmas, among with an assortment of other 'needful' accessories to go along with it. I might make some noise of my own out there if I hear trespassers or the likes getting too close for comfort.. For not having any neighbors close by, we've had some very strange things going on around here. Odd noises and occasional gunfire off in the hills, etc.
Other than that, I'm with Lala. I've got a good book or two still left to finish, a brand new shotgun, and a new coffee pot. What more could a girl ask for, pray tell? Other than taking a hot bubble bath and putting on some new P.Jammies and warm fuzzy house slippers before midnight, that is.....

Fire 'em up Nope! lol I like to do some shooting around here pretty often to keep everybody thinking we're crazy so they will leave us alone. It seems to work! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you be careful!!! We don't want to read about some crazy woman getting hit by a car while playing with a dead possum in the road! Too too funny! LOOOL
Around here the headliner for the evening news would state:
"Kentucky woman hit and killed trying to scavenge road kill for dinner. We'll have details at 11. And in other breaking news...."

ROFLMBO!!
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Got to go do some stuff.
I'll probably be back later, if not - HAPPY NEW YEAR!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Fire 'em up Nope! lol I like to do some shooting around here pretty often to keep everybody thinking we're crazy so they will leave us alone. It seems to work! LOL
Right? If you keep 'em guessing, they're going to stay a bit leery of you. People tend to be nervous of other people if they can't figure out. Specially when you don't have any type of schedule that you keep or you aren't 'predictable' as to when you might be leaving your house, etc...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Well, time to give the critters their afternoon snacks. Both inside and out. Then I might take a nice nap.

Take care everyone. I'll no doubt be back on later tonight.

_-_Nope_-_

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO no no no!!!!! I did NOT just read that!!!!!!!!!
<<<Covering eyes, deleting info from memory>>>
I've never heard that before!! Now I'll be compelled to check them for babies! Lord, help me. Don't they have a breeding season or something? Please say yes. I really don't want to raise any possums and I am SUCH a stray animal magnet already..... Why the good Lord always seems to send poor strays my way is a mystery, but it's the honest truth.
Strays come my way, too. Dogs, cats, a horse that I finally got reunited with its owner 2 months later, and a pot-bellied pig, that I successfully chased to a neighbor, who gave her a home. I think that these animals have a secret, underground communication system, with messages that state,"Go there. She has food and shelter. She will get you medical care when you need it. She will let you adopt her if you wag your tail, nicker, snort, or purr. Tweet if you are a bird that has lost its parents." I call this the Lost or Abandoned Animal Conspiracy.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Now, back to nap time. I'm lazy today.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that corticosteroids can trigger a psychotic episode in sensitive individuals? It's called steroid psychosis. The first time I saw this was when a person who had severe pulmonary problems was given steroid injections in an attempt to save her life. She went from a perfectly normal person to a stark, raving mad lunatic. She began to physically attack medical staff, including the neurologist, who was hit over the head with her television remote device. Maybe chronic use of steroids contributed to Hitler's psych. problems.
Well being a hypochondriac in it's self is not a good thing. His fear of dentist caused a rotted out stinking mouth with painful tooth aches. He could see the rotted holes in his teeth but feared a dentist too much to go. He was one of his worst enemies in a way.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Already feeling the positive effects of quitting, and let me tell you, it's a SUCH nice feeling!! I even started sleeping better, which was a complete surprise! I'm sticking with it because these Ecigs have been even easier than taking Chantix was. And I tried Chantix twice. Those nightmares and other side effects were brutal... The Ecigs are a God send as far as I'm concerned..
I hear tell though that Uncle Sam is trying to shut them down. Saying that they are a "drug delivery" system. Two companies filed lawsuits in federal government not long ago and won, but I doubt it will be very long before they try to stop the use of Ecigs completely again.
Why would they want to stop these from being used, yet still allow tobacco products to be sold legally? Well, we all know the answer to that one already. Don't we....
I smoked a cigarette once, back in 1966, did not see the point so did not smoke another one even my dad smoked until he was in his fifties.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I smoked a cigarette once, back in 1966, did not see the point so did not smoke another one even my dad smoked until he was in his fifties.
I tried some mary jane twice and did not see the point to that and unlike Bill Clinton, I even inhaled LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Here comes the sleet.........ugh

Hope everyone is warm and safe whatever they are doing.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

AB, I just cut a rumbler, warm no bite though....haha, warm and safe....that is good. Have a wonderful night and Happiest of New Year!

If I was there I would keep you warm baby...thank you, that is sweet. I would let you if you were here. It sucks to be sick and by yourself on New Year's Eve. A first for me in my lifetime. I hope you have a Happy New Year.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

For AW, lala, Hempburn and all dog lovers...this is too cute and the dog is adorable. A special New Year's Eve video. Enjoy

Dog moaning its way through 'Auld Lang Syne' doesn't want 2013 to come

Hoping for a rocking New Year's Eve party? Might want to cross Sierra the singing dog off your guest list. Here she is, moaning along to "Auld Lang Syne," with her buddy Cody chiming in from the sidelines. The musical canines belong to sax player Adam Yamada-Hanff and have appeared on Anderson Cooper's show. They're also the stars of Yamada-Hanff's SingingDogs.net website and have their own Singing DogsRock channel on YouTube. But while this Baltimore-based English shepherd may be a musical maestro, this time she just can't be bothered to sit up straight to ring in 2013. Here's hoping this isn't yet another sign of an impending apocalypse.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/sierra-the-singing-dog-moa...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

My dog said so much for that, it won't distract me from trying to steal your chocolate cupcake. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Sitting here looking at a picture of a 1930 Cadillac 452A with a V-16 engine. Now that is a car. It is on my new calendar that I am waiting to put up. Bad luck to hang it early, I am told. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,561 - 67,580 of81,251
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 2 hr Truth 82
Derek Burcham of Kentucky Indiana Area has a cr... 5 hr Fact checker 1
mitch 7 hr Ditch Mitch 2
why is it so hard for some people to tip their ... 7 hr stephanie 17
Best place to park a truck and watch stars? Ple... 7 hr Visitor 3
Would you live in the black infested west end? (Apr '09) 7 hr sounds good 63
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 8 hr TAAM 470
•••
•••