Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#79829 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi guys. Just caught up on the thread. How nice to read about the old times, fresh milk, eggs and homne churned butter. My sisters and I used to argue over who was going to get the cream off the top of the fresh gallon of milk.
Such good memories. Wish I could go back in time so often these days...
I agree with you on the FaceBook issue, Una. I get highly upset with people who put their kids faces all over it and then have untold hundreds of so called "Friends" while they make their kids photos "public".. Makes no sense to me why you'd want to have strangers looking at your kids in the first place. Scary world we live in as it is, so why market your children toward a possible perv who knows exactly where you live thanks to the info people tend to leak on there? People are so naive.
Hey Nope. How's it going? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go back now and then?:)
I agree on the Facebook stuff too. Not me! Too many Fruit Loops out there, no doubt! LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79832 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, WKG. How goes it tonight?
Sorry you're feeling bad, AB. You need soup!! Homemade veggie soup and big slice of corn bread!!
There's a couple of really bad bugs going around right now. One is respiratory and the other one is a "gut buster" bug. Get well soon!
Mine is respiratory. I ate some homemade vegetable soup with crackers. My Aunt told me to cut an onion in half before I go to bed and lay it by my head and by morning it would all be gone into the onion. I'm trying it...hahaha Cats will probably stay down stairs instead of on my feet or hip. Anti-biotics (Z pac), nasal spray and cough syrup with codeine just isn't doing it. Must be the CHEMspray exposure. heehee. Probably that late night outdoors in the hot tub Christmas eve eve. hahaha Wish I had some of that Apple Pie moonshine now. Thanks for the well wishes. The way I feel right now, I will probably have to go back to the doctor. I will try the onion though. haha

Did you know that this full moon is the last one of the year and also number 13?
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#79833 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, WKG. How goes it tonight?
Sorry you're feeling bad, AB. You need soup!! Homemade veggie soup and big slice of corn bread!!
There's a couple of really bad bugs going around right now. One is respiratory and the other one is a "gut buster" bug. Get well soon!
Going well, thanks.:)
My boyfriend is just recovering from something! Not sure what but maybe the flu. I felt sorry for him, it was bad!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#79835 Dec 29, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
DECEMBER 21--A federal employee was formally reprimanded this month for excessive workplace flatulence, a sanction that was delivered to him in a five-page letter that actually included a log of representative dates and times when he was recorded “releasing the awful and unpleasant odor” in his Baltimore office.
Accusing him of “conduct unbecoming a federal officer,” the Social Security Administration employee was informed that his “uncontrollable flatulence” had created an “intolerable” and “hostile” environment for coworkers, several of whom have lodged complaints with supervisors.

Uncle Sam and his minions. A "discourtesy" from a federal officer, rudeness toward coworkers. Go figure. This farting festival of his results in a five page letter needing a reprimand.

Go team Feds! Just what we pay them for.

Wonder what he was eating, that we no doubt footed the bill for by the way, that caused all of this gas build up in the first place?? Too much Filet Mignon at lunch? Caviar overload? Smoked imported oysters the culprit?

The wonders of being among the elite. But of course they have on site medical personnel to see to his every need. Even those excessive farts....
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79837 Dec 29, 2012
Well folks, I am going to fix a hot toddy, cut that onion in half, hope it absorbs all this mess in my lungs and sinuses or any evil bugs and hit my pillow. I hope you all have a peaceful night.

Where did our nice Imposter go? I liked him. Bring him back. lol

Goodnight all!!!

#79841 Dec 29, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "Nope". I agree 100%. I think fb sucks. TMI and too busy. I tried to tell my family not to post pictures like they do. You show creeps you adorable children, where you live sometimes, all the nice things you have in your house, outside i.e. motorcycles, boats, 4 wheelers and such, then they put their complete birthday's on there and I tell them at least drop the year. They all make it so easy to be a target of crime. It is all just a advertisement trap and another way for personal information to be tracked. I just do the pretty pictures and inspiration posts like GODvine etc, and UK, patriotic, etc type pictures. Nothing more. At least most of them went and changed the controls on their pages and dropped their birth year off. I have told my family I am about to dump the whole thing. Don't have time for it and it is getting a bit too intrusive.
Yes, all of that plus that "tagging" crap. I don't get it. It's too dangerous. And those people who let their YOUNG kids have accounts? Kids 8, 9 and 10 years old are on there putting pics up, chatting with "friends"?

Do people have NO COMMON SENSE these days, even after everything that's on the news and these real life crime shows?? Or are they still in denial that it could actually happen to 'them'??

Since: Dec 12

Mchenry, IL

#79843 Dec 29, 2012
I have heard about the "onion thing" and done that too. They say it will keep you from getting sick. One time when a loved one was in the hospital I took in a big ole onion! LOL I cut it in half and put it up on a high shelf so nobody would see it. It was strong too, smelled like a hamburger in there! LOL It stayed in there about a month and maybe it worked, they didn't come down with any illness they didn't go in with. But I was so afraid I would forget it and leave it in there! lol

Mchenry, IL

#79847 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all of that plus that "tagging" crap. I don't get it. It's too dangerous. And those people who let their YOUNG kids have accounts? Kids 8, 9 and 10 years old are on there putting pics up, chatting with "friends"?
Do people have NO COMMON SENSE these days, even after everything that's on the news and these real life crime shows?? Or are they still in denial that it could actually happen to 'them'??
Not to mention the poor kids being bullied online by other kids they know! I would not dare let my kids do that!

#79848 Dec 29, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Well folks, I am going to fix a hot toddy, cut that onion in half, hope it absorbs all this mess in my lungs and sinuses or any evil bugs and hit my pillow. I hope you all have a peaceful night.
Where did our nice Imposter go? I liked him. Bring him back. lol
Goodnight all!!!
You need to gargle with some cayenne pepper, girl. It will clear the mucus, sooth your throat and help your lungs too. Trust me. You should gargle with some before you go to bed.

About a half teaspoon in a medium size glass of tepid to warm, not hot, water. You can add honey if you want to, but you're NOT going to swallow it. Just gargle and then spit it out.

The cayenne will sooth your throat, believe it or not. It won't irritate it like you'd imagine it to. Trust me, this works. It's the Capsaicin in the cayenne pepper that does the trick.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#79851 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. No they have NO COMMON SENSE anymore. Some of the most intelligent people I have known have left themselves open for TMI. It amazes me. Facebook sucks you in and then takes liberty with your info and all your friends info. They don't believe me about the apps, yet it clearly states that you agree to give it all up. How stupid is that? I don't play any of those games, I don't do apps, don't post personal info, have a bare minimum page and few friends. The way I want it. Then my family and friends tell me that FB has a message on their page to help "me" find friends. lol Just more suckers that they can spam with advertisements etc...Pretty sneaky and now "suggested sites". I am sick of scrolling through crap to see what few posts I AM interested in. Much like topix. hahaha

I am off to bed. Have a good night.

Mchenry, IL

#79855 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to gargle with some cayenne pepper, girl. It will clear the mucus, sooth your throat and help your lungs too. Trust me. You should gargle with some before you go to bed.
About a half teaspoon in a medium size glass of tepid to warm, not hot, water. You can add honey if you want to, but you're NOT going to swallow it. Just gargle and then spit it out.
The cayenne will sooth your throat, believe it or not. It won't irritate it like you'd imagine it to. Trust me, this works. It's the Capsaicin in the cayenne pepper that does the trick.
Cayenne is good stuff. I had a health food person tell me that cayenne will even stop a heart attack. It is great for your heart and immune system. I eat it every day. It is good for so many things and I just like it!:)

#79865 Dec 29, 2012
I have heard that Cayenne is even good for lowering high blood pressure and helping to regulate blood sugar due to diabetes too.

Of course, I'd not trust holistic medicines without a doctors advise if you're already being treated for an ailment.. Nor would I drop any prescription meds and go the natural route without a doctors guidance....

But a healthy person would be wise to take note that natural remedies NOW surely are a nice way to prevent the need for prescription medications somewhere down the road.

So would natural foods, like the ones you all were talking about earlier in here. Fresh and hormone free foods like we had when most of us were much younger..

I don't know about you all, but I don't recall having any classmates who were diabetic or were on ADD, ADHD, or any other mood altering medications back then either. Just something to think about....

#79874 Dec 29, 2012
Well, I'm going to try to go to bed too. You all have a good night and stay warm and snuggled up.

It's a blessing to have a nice comfortable home in these days and times. Never take it for granted. Somehwere out there are people in this world who are cold and hungry tonight. Don't forget to thank God for everything you have, even if you feel like it might not be "enough"....

Unless I have trouble falling asleep, goodnight to all of you good folks! Hopefully we'll chat tomorrow..

_-_Nope_-_

Mchenry, IL

#79876 Dec 29, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I have heard that Cayenne is even good for lowering high blood pressure and helping to regulate blood sugar due to diabetes too.
Of course, I'd not trust holistic medicines without a doctors advise if you're already being treated for an ailment.. Nor would I drop any prescription meds and go the natural route without a doctors guidance....
But a healthy person would be wise to take note that natural remedies NOW surely are a nice way to prevent the need for prescription medications somewhere down the road.
So would natural foods, like the ones you all were talking about earlier in here. Fresh and hormone free foods like we had when most of us were much younger..
I don't know about you all, but I don't recall having any classmates who were diabetic or were on ADD, ADHD, or any other mood altering medications back then either. Just something to think about....
Yep, in 12 years I only remember one kid who was a litttle slow in school. I believe that was from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. There wasn't any of the other stuff.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79878 Dec 29, 2012
Hempbun wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk while visiting my grandparents and seems it was ok. I never heard of anyone dying from drinking fresh milk, unless the cow fell on them.
Probably will be illegal to eat fresh eggs at the rate things are going. Buggers.
An alternative is the "barter" system. Trade milk and eggs for something you need. That is not "selling". I have always followed the rule of "Don't ask and be denied". I always taught my boys "Don't ask me for the car keys and put me in the position of having to say "no". JUst take my ire when you get back".
Jibberjabber

United States

#79879 Dec 29, 2012
Hi....

Mchenry, IL

#79881 Dec 29, 2012
Well Nope, I am headed to bed too. You take care.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#79887 Dec 29, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember drinking fresh cow's milk when I was a kid. The farmer would bring over a few bottles. The cream on the top was the best part. Oh, those were the days. The farmer would make me a special bottle of chocolate milk.(At that age, I thought it came from a brown cow, LOL)
We never even had electricity, so no refridgeration. We put fresh milk in gallon jars and stored it in the natural spring here at the Homestead. Dad had even made a small shed to put over the spring to shade it and keep out leaves and such. I still have the old white metal dipper that hung out by the spring. On summer days, there was nothing like a cool dipper full of fresh spring water.
OhioJeepGirl

Georgetown, KY

#79893 Dec 29, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of goats do you have?
Nubian and Nubian Boer cross. I had some pure Boers and decided to get out of them. They get very big and hard to maintain. Boers are better for meat. A Nubian Boer cross makes them more disease resistant and so I crossed them. I started with two boers and fell in love with spotted nubians! Nubians are good for milk and high in butter fat.

All goats are really good for getting into your neighbors (and your sweetie's mother's flowers) gardens, bushes, and flowers! Ha ha ha! I had a lot of lovely flowers and herbs planted until I started getting into goats about 4+ years ago. We did not even plant a garden last season.

Baby time is the best! Baby goats will make you laugh on your worst day! Once they start to bounce there is no stopping them! Goats have been my favorite farm animal so far.
Mumma

Crestwood, KY

#79894 Dec 29, 2012
NOTHING about the birds here !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Search Of "Just Because" a Louisville underg... 12 min In Search Of 1
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 13 min cree88 62
Review - Dr Corbett plastic surgeon 1 hr Krissy 1
KFC yum! center 2 hr Sports analyst 23
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 5 hr defeated 144
Cody Rumbaugh 6 hr sad 2
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 8 hr ForumCommando 4
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web