Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#78560 Dec 19, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It's good that he got the mutt out of the pound and out of a cage, really good. But the mutt probably thought hellfire man, born in a cage, lived my life in a cage so far, humpaburn gets me out of the cage...and now its back into a cage? Cant blame the little fellow for whining.
LOL I bet the mutts name is little humper, he seen something warm and ...LMAO He was trying to hit that hot coffee when he accidentally spilled it everywhere.
I hope humpaburn gives the little guy a break.
Poor little guy, probably saw his master knock out the first cop of coffee. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#78563 Dec 19, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I went and greased all the out-stretched palms until next month. I am debating on whether to spend this $4.86 that is left on Christmas gifts or to just drop it in the plate next Sunday and skip the gift giving. Maybe I will only contribute $4.61 and hold back for a new quarter. My string broke last Sunday and I lost my quarter.
I was a bit greedy and spent way too much today on turnip greens, hominy, and prunes for Christmas dinner. But I thought "What the heck, Christmas only comes once a year".
I just got back from getting fleeced AW. Direct deposit last night gone today. Oh no, don't tell me you lost your antique quarter in the collection plate. Oh well, that thing has been around the block a few times. No doubt it was wearing thin. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#78564 Dec 19, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope you enjoy the sun shining day. Looks like this weekend will be another story.
Sounds like Hempburn will need an afternoon nap with puppy. lol
Ancient Wolf, Una, Imposter and the rest of the bird threaders.....Have a great day!
Hello AB; What a beautiful day it is indeed. That nap time sounds wonderful. LOL. Enjoy your day.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#78565 Dec 19, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got back from getting fleeced AW. Direct deposit last night gone today. Oh no, don't tell me you lost your antique quarter in the collection plate. Oh well, that thing has been around the block a few times. No doubt it was wearing thin. LOL.
Yeah, I know that money is easy come, easy go. I use the direct deposit also. When my string broke that I had super glued to my quarter, and instead of yanking my quarter back, it bounced on the offering plate and rolled all the way down to the altar. What was left of the string wrapped around some old gal's panty hose and some of that glue must have stuck too.

I did not think it appropriate to go try to retrieve my quarter and let that old gal think that I was the answer to her prayers. So I silently bowed my head and hummed "Bringing in the Cheese". LOL

I had a nice nap, now I am out of here to go visit a sick friend at the hospital. Have a good evening.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78566 Dec 19, 2012
Una....Who's Eddie??? lol
Anonymous

Hazard, KY

#78567 Dec 19, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know that money is easy come, easy go. I use the direct deposit also. When my string broke that I had super glued to my quarter, and instead of yanking my quarter back, it bounced on the offering plate and rolled all the way down to the altar. What was left of the string wrapped around some old gal's panty hose and some of that glue must have stuck too.
I did not think it appropriate to go try to retrieve my quarter and let that old gal think that I was the answer to her prayers. So I silently bowed my head and hummed "Bringing in the Cheese". LOL
I had a nice nap, now I am out of here to go visit a sick friend at the hospital. Have a good evening.
I hope your friend starts feeling better and has a very merry christmas
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#78569 Dec 19, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, you have a great day too. I think I will enjoy the afternoon with a nap even though DOG was not so rowdy last night. I went to town this morning and ran into an unknown young couple with 2 little girls. I asked the little one that was maybe 2 or 3 years old what Santa was bringing her for Christmas and she said "he's bringing me a dolly". I stooped down and told her that I know Santa and I think you will get it. That baby ran over and gave me a hug and made my day. Kids are such a blessing.
Tom T. Hall said it best in his song "Old Dogs and Children and Watermelon Wine".... "GOD bless the little children while they're still too young to hate".
Hi Ancient Wolf, I did have a great day. Out with one of my sisters still spending money for Christmas. Always see something else. I am done now. I will only run in the grocery store for needed items I run out of until after Christmas. Then the sales. lol

I loved your stories about the little kids that touched your life today. They really make Christmas even more special to me. They are so sweet and innocent.

Hope you got a nap in. I just got in a full day. I did stop to look up and say thanks while admiring the beautiful star filled night with the moon shining bright. Did you see the news about the blizzards and snow headed our way. Hope it takes a detour through Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio and skips over us. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#78571 Dec 19, 2012
Imposter wrote:
Hello Abeliever, sweet chops I tried to put on a bow-tie the other day, danged thing like to choked me to death. I ended up having to cut it off my neck with my pocket knife.
I'm just sure that your bo is one of them fancy bow-tie wearing dudes. I guess I'm out of the running.
AW that's a very good song and every word in it is true. I have made persimmon wine, mull-berry wine, pear wine...but have never made watermelon wine. I think I'll make some watermelon wine this summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eSMPzYNXyk8XX
haha, you are too funny Imposter. I bet you were a sight. Did you look like Pee Wee Herman? I would laugh uncontrolably if a man showed up with a bow tie on. Not my style. He can dress up quite handsomely with a suit and tie though. I seen him at a wedding this summer and admit he did look fine. You know "every girl is crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man"

Clean shirt, new shoes
and I don't know where I am going to.
Silk suit, black tie,
I don't need a reason why.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
cause every girl is crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

Gold watch, diamond ring,
I ain't missin' not a single thing.
cuff-links, stick pin
when I step out I'm gonna do you in.
They come a runnin' just as fast as they can

Top coat, Top hat,
And I don't worry cause my wallets fat.
Black shades, white gloves,
lookin' sharp, lookin' for love.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can

ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hope you are having a good evening.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#78572 Dec 19, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello AB; What a beautiful day it is indeed. That nap time sounds wonderful. LOL. Enjoy your day.
Hi Una, I did, thank you. I hope you did too. I cannot take naps myself. Unless of course, I am sick and highly medicated. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#78573 Dec 19, 2012
AN ANGEL PRAYER

May the angels keep you til morning.
May they guide you through the night.
May they comfort all your sorrows.
May they help you win the fight.
May they keep watch on your soul.
May they show you better ways.
May they guard you while you're sleeping.
May they see you through your days.

May they show you new hopes.
May they still your every doubt.
May they calm your every fear.
May they hear you when you shout.

More than this I cannot pray.
And if the angels ever fail you.
Then may God be there that day.

~ Author Unknown ~

I seen some beautiful Angels shopping the speciality shops and florist. Then I read this. Thought I would share. Maybe I should save it for 12/21/12. lol People seem to be flocking to all the Mayan sites. Interesting nonetheless. What will be will be. I think the 22nd will arrive though.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78574 Dec 19, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
AN ANGEL PRAYER
May they guide you through the night.
May they comfort all your sorrows.
May they help you win the fight.
May they keep watch on your soul.
May they show you better ways.
May they guard you while you're sleeping.
May they see you through your days.
May they show you new hopes.
May they still your every doubt.
May they calm your every fear.
May they hear you when you shout.
More than this I cannot pray.
And if the angels ever fail you.
Then may God be there that day.
~ Author Unknown ~
I seen some beautiful Angels shopping the speciality shops and florist. Then I read this. Thought I would share. Maybe I should save it for 12/21/12. lol People seem to be flocking to all the Mayan sites. Interesting nonetheless. What will be will be. I think the 22nd will arrive though.
Hi, Abeliever, Can't get through the day without a nap with Stein. I don't think I'll worry about 12/21. It's just the end of the Mayan long count. The 22nd will arrive right on schedule.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#78575 Dec 19, 2012
Hola Folks,

2 days til 12-21-12, lol, I'm a faithful person who thinks the Mayans will be wrong and believes we will all be here on Friday. However, I do agree with what Nostrodamus said that we are masters of our own fate.

Nasty weather on the way here tomorrow, unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of cold weather and especially not a big fan of sleet and snow.

I'm gonna try to be on here a little more frequently.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78576 Dec 19, 2012
Hello, everyone. Christmas is almost here, and I'm broke as usual. Every year, I tell myself that I will cut down on gift buying. But, every year it seems that there are a few more added to my Christmas list. Oh, well. As long as I can cover all my bills, I might as well spend the rest on gifts..After all, you can't take it with you. I'll still be relieved when the holidays are done. Life seems to settle down after the New Year. Hope the upcoming year will find you all healthy and happy.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#78577 Dec 19, 2012
white diamond saloon gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope your friend starts feeling better and has a very merry christmas
Thanks, but my friend is probably terminal but remaining positive and has a strong faith in the CREATOR and is at PEACE with what ever happens.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#78578 Dec 19, 2012
My new dog is deffective. He is afraid of the dark, hence the whimpering when put in his cage for the night to keep him from doggy dumping the whole house. Carried the little bugger out for his last walk and he just seized up, lol. I never seen a dog that was afraid of the dark before.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#78579 Dec 19, 2012
DontCare wrote:
Hola Folks,
2 days til 12-21-12, lol, I'm a faithful person who thinks the Mayans will be wrong and believes we will all be here on Friday. However, I do agree with what Nostrodamus said that we are masters of our own fate.
Nasty weather on the way here tomorrow, unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of cold weather and especially not a big fan of sleet and snow.
I'm gonna try to be on here a little more frequently.
Hello to you. I see you are trying to end the year on a more happy and positive note and that is Good.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78580 Dec 19, 2012
I'm actually pretty siked that 12/21 is almost here. That's actually my sister's birthday. :)
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#78581 Dec 19, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
My new dog is deffective. He is afraid of the dark, hence the whimpering when put in his cage for the night to keep him from doggy dumping the whole house. Carried the little bugger out for his last walk and he just seized up, lol. I never seen a dog that was afraid of the dark before.
He may turn out to be the best dog in the world. He may even save your backside out on that dangerous bunny trail someday. Please give little humper the benefit of the doubt, they probably left the lights on all night long in that shelter. The little guy is lucky you came along and sprang him from the pokey, very lucky.

Here are some name suggestions; little humper of course, then there's the obvious..lucky, tokes may also be a fitting name for him.
Marley is a good name, so are scoob, fang.... doob, LMAO...Una or Farter!
I can hear it now...here farter...here farter...Hehehehe, a most excellent name right there...
I hope the little fellow stays lucky and keeps a home, he has certainly beaten the odds so far, thanks to you.

Merry Christmas Super-humper.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#78582 Dec 19, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hello to you. I see you are trying to end the year on a more happy and positive note and that is Good.
Hello AW, thank you, one of the things I'm gonna do this weekend that is good is go see "Lincoln" especially with Steven Spielberg being the director.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#78583 Dec 19, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Una, I did, thank you. I hope you did too. I cannot take naps myself. Unless of course, I am sick and highly medicated. haha
Yes Dear one, I can see where you might no be able to nap. I can tell the difference. This new romance has you bouncing and bubbling like Nancy Pelosi's spring loaded butt at Democrat speech. Hehehe. Well, no offense to anyone. Regardless of who I vote for, I am a registered Democrat. Lol. Ms. Pelosi is always first on her feet at a speech(like many times, very energetic). Lol. Have a lovely evening.

Una.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; ... 1 hr Tired of the sickos 18
text while driving 12 hr Cowboy from Hell 7
Adam Edelen and his career as a corrupt, Self-S... Sun Edelen 1
tail gating drivers Sun bserious 8
Brown -Forman Sun Oakedtodeath 1
News Mother arrested on drug charges after falling a... (Aug '13) Sun Say no to drugs 5
Need Dope Sun all that sparkles 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages