Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

W KY Girl

United States

#78388 Dec 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you got to mention the Lord's Day for post 66,666. But from where I sit, all days belong to the Lord and the anti-Semitic troll can't ruin my faith.
His jargon and rhetoric is similar to the hate that I lived through and experienced in the Deep South against another culture of peoples of the 50's and 60's. I see a different light, I think he might well be staring into the light of an on-coming train.
And when you use that peanut butter, whether it be JIF or Mister Peanut or cheap Dollar Store stuff; give praise to Booker T. Washington who left a high paying career (for the time) to come to Tuskeegee and do agriculture research in hopes of leading the South away from King Cotton that helped enslave his peoples.
Good morning AW.:) I didn't realize it was post #66,666 but that is good! lol You are right, every single day does belong to the Lord. Yeah I had to start scrolling on past the anti-Semitic trolls vomit a few pages back. lol I don't like to waste my brain cells on total balony, to put it nicely. LOL His superior attitude got me just as bad as the bull he was spewing. People like that cause me to act bad so I need to avoid them! lol
I was born in the 60's but my mother kept us pretty much sheltered from all the racial problems that were going on at that time. I have to say, on one hand I am glad I missed it but on the other I wish I knew more of what the black people experienced. It was wrong and I wish we could feel what they went through as though we wore their very skin. If that was possible it would change a lot of people even today. I hate to admit it but I grew up with a streak of racist in me but I thank God that He changed that! Oh yeah, had it not been for the back breaking work of all black people and the brainpower of them and the Jews, I really doubt that the US would have ever achieved the status of a "super power"! God bless them all!!!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#78389 Dec 17, 2012
Weather update; souteastern Ky, raining, complete cloud coverage but moderate temps. Not a good day to be tufted titmouse.
W KY Girl

United States

#78390 Dec 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete Falsehood. John D. Rockefeller the founder of the Rockefeller fortune is no more Jewish than the Great Apache Warrior, Geronimo.
He came from humble beginnings with his father (Big Bill) being a peddler, philanderer and snake oil salesman. John D. himself sold unstamped whiskey to Civil War troops and rather than risking that money to drill for oil, refined the process to standarize oil to be used in lighting the lamps of America, thus "Standard Oil". The slag from the kerosene refining process was originally thrown away, but that was later found to be gasoline to be used in the upcoming horseless carriages. He did buy out Andrew Carnegie's steel works and that became U.S. Steel.
Yet again a wet behind the ears, know-it-all, hate-filled, puppet of satan gets schooled by a wise old man of God! You go AW! lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78391 Dec 17, 2012
I grew up in the 40s and lived during that period of hate. I was in the South when Liola Liuzzo was murdered on Hwy 80 near Selma, I visited Philadelphia Mississippi just days after the bodies of the Civil Rights workers were found in that earthen dam. I was also there when the 16th street Baptist Church in Birmingham was bombed killing 4 little girls (the oldest being age 14) that were on their way to Sunday School classroom to read about loving one's neighbors. Any racism that I harbored flew out the window along with that bombing.

Many peoples have contributed to what we are today. While I do not wish to stoke the fires of the haters, I believe it is my duty to speak out against it from time to time.
W KY Girl

Algonquin, IL

#78392 Dec 17, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Good night, all. Stein wants out to visit the tree. He sends special regards to Dog. Can't keep my eyes open either. I'll turn on that nasty t.v. on low to give me background noise to fall asleep.@Una: I think you finally got that anti-semitic troll to give up. I was correct in my assessment of you. You have quite a good intellect, and can debate very well when you want to. Good night and sleep tight, whatever that means. Will be back tomorrow, God willing.
Good morning Oglala.:) You forgot the rest, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" lol Strange, I just remembered I had a dream about bed bugs last night. Ewww! Another night of wild dreams. When I woke up I found my cell phone underneath my pillow, in my pillow case! lol No doubt somebody was trying to steal it.
W KY Girl

Algonquin, IL

#78393 Dec 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I grew up in the 40s and lived during that period of hate. I was in the South when Liola Liuzzo was murdered on Hwy 80 near Selma, I visited Philadelphia Mississippi just days after the bodies of the Civil Rights workers were found in that earthen dam. I was also there when the 16th street Baptist Church in Birmingham was bombed killing 4 little girls (the oldest being age 14) that were on their way to Sunday School classroom to read about loving one's neighbors. Any racism that I harbored flew out the window along with that bombing.
Many peoples have contributed to what we are today. While I do not wish to stoke the fires of the haters, I believe it is my duty to speak out against it from time to time.
Wow.:( All of that would be hard to ignore for sure. I grew up here in KY, far enough away from the worst racism that we could be sheltered from it. There were no black people in our community and only a few 2-3 in the school I went to. The amazing thing is that a lot of other people saw what you saw and instead of turning away from the racism they let it continue to grow in their heart. That's messed up!
You are right, somebody does need to speak out against ignorance such as that. I get mad and act a fool when I do it so I have to rein myself back in. lol
W KY Girl

Algonquin, IL

#78394 Dec 17, 2012
Weather report from Western Ky (9:15AM): 58 degrees, wind out of the West, cloudy but the sun trying to break through. Come on sun, haven't seen you lately!

Hempburn those chickens sound good!:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78395 Dec 17, 2012
I need to get off here and do some work even if it is raining. But before I go, I would like to state that I do not hate any class of peoples because of the acts of a few.

I do not hate the Jews, the Muslims, the blacks, or other misguided ones. Eli Whitney thought that his invention of the cotton gin would eliminate the need for so much slave labor, yet it just made the plantations more profitable and propigated slavery.

Alfred Nobel the Swedish Chemist and inventor of dynamite spent the rest of his days in remorse and thus the "Nobel Peace Prize".
W KY Girl

Algonquin, IL

#78397 Dec 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I need to get off here and do some work even if it is raining. But before I go, I would like to state that I do not hate any class of peoples because of the acts of a few.
I do not hate the Jews, the Muslims, the blacks, or other misguided ones. Eli Whitney thought that his invention of the cotton gin would eliminate the need for so much slave labor, yet it just made the plantations more profitable and propigated slavery.
Alfred Nobel the Swedish Chemist and inventor of dynamite spent the rest of his days in remorse and thus the "Nobel Peace Prize".
I agree. There is good in every race. Some fools just give their race a bad name and that goes for the white race as much as any . I don't hate anybody but I really don't like some people. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78398 Dec 17, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Weather report from Western Ky (9:15AM): 58 degrees, wind out of the West, cloudy but the sun trying to break through. Come on sun, haven't seen you lately!
Hempburn those chickens sound good!:)
A chicken each for lunch. Wonder what's for supper, a couple of Angus bulls? LOL.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#78399 Dec 17, 2012
Mornin' folks! Hope everyone is well today. It's SO cloudy outside. I really hope the sun decides to pop out.

I'm dragging butt, but I've already spent half of my morning fighting my insurance company, plus having a fit trying to get paperwork in order for a medical procedure that I'm needing to get done later this week. Grrrrr. Why is it so hard just to try to stay alive, hehe! Legalities have become SUCH a farce, LOL!! Everyone wants to make sure it's not "their" fault if something goes awry. Funny thing is that they don't give a rats rear end about YOU, they just don't want to be the fall guy in case things don't go picture perfect. Geez.. Let's just git-r-done and be finished with it already.

Paperwork, brick walls, more paperwork, BIGGER brick walls. Company representatives that don't know their job limitations and apparently never were trained in proper protocol... ROFLMBO! It's amazing..

Whew. Felt good to get that off of my chest, hehe!
:)
trusted

New Haven, KY

#78400 Dec 17, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Mornin' folks! Hope everyone is well today. It's SO cloudy outside. I really hope the sun decides to pop out.
I'm dragging butt, but I've already spent half of my morning fighting my insurance company, plus having a fit trying to get paperwork in order for a medical procedure that I'm needing to get done later this week. Grrrrr. Why is it so hard just to try to stay alive, hehe! Legalities have become SUCH a farce, LOL!! Everyone wants to make sure it's not "their" fault if something goes awry. Funny thing is that they don't give a rats rear end about YOU, they just don't want to be the fall guy in case things don't go picture perfect. Geez.. Let's just git-r-done and be finished with it already.
Paperwork, brick walls, more paperwork, BIGGER brick walls. Company representatives that don't know their job limitations and apparently never were trained in proper protocol... ROFLMBO! It's amazing..
Whew. Felt good to get that off of my chest, hehe!
:)
Best wishes for you , this week. Hope all goes great...

Location hidden

#78401 Dec 17, 2012
Thanks! I'm confident that it will go well... God isn't quite ready for me yet or I think He'd have taken me quite a while back, hehe! I've sure been in some "pickles" during my lie. Self induced "pickles", I might add.

Even if it IS my time to go, I'm ready to meet Him and my loved ones who are waiting there for me. I'm okay with it.

The only thing that worries me is my animal/pet baby's and their future(s). I have one dog that isn't at all "people" friendly. It loves ME, but no one else and it's patience level for people-crap is very low, just like mine! HaHa.(Bless it's big ol'heart and large mouth full of sharp teeth, lol. A very smart dog in my opinion. LOL. It's protected us very well, if I do say so myself)!

I've got a backup plan for that one should something happen to me. I just hope that it's not necessary to put that plan into use. If so, I'll be waiting on it to meet me "there" too. I know God has a place for His critters or He'd not have created them for us to love and enjoy like we do.

Location hidden

#78402 Dec 17, 2012
Should say LIFE. Sorry
"I've sure been in some "pickles" during my lie. Self induced "pickles", I might add."
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78403 Dec 17, 2012
Good afternoon bird threaders (was that Imposter that coined that phrase? Good one)

Sun has been out in full force for over an hour, sky clear, warm temps, birds singing and feeding on bread, bagels, crumbled pancakes left over plus the seeds in the feeder. Beautiful day. I hope you all get it your way. I am off to a Specialty Store to find a special gift I hadn't anticipated. I read this short blurb on a site ....

When it rains, most birds head for shelter: the Eagle is the only bird that, in order to avoid the rain, starts flying above the cloud.

and thought about the Bette Midler song:

Bette Midler Wind Beneath My Wings

I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

and then I thought of this one...

Fly Like An Eagle Steve Miller Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Although the sun is out and the birds are chirping like crazy, we are under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch.

Going back to read what missed last night. Have a great day!
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78404 Dec 17, 2012
Little Lord Fartleroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AB and everyone. I was just logging in with my other account. This is Una. I am all dressed up in my Sunday School duds. Don't I look spiffy? Lol.
Yes you do look spiffy. lol Thanks for sharing. That is too cute.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78405 Dec 17, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go AB. Dang, I was wondering where you went, no kidding. I promise, I had nothing to do with your posts getting deleted. I don't have and don't want Facebook, so I can't see anyone's Facebook. I sure don't have your email address and wouldn't mess with anyone's email if I did. I like carrying on crazy stuff, but I draw the line on that kind of stuff.
I probably won't. That ticked me off they zapped it when there was nothing but nice stuff in the post..sincerely meant every word and when I reposted it in case they got it wrong they zapped it again. I don't blame you for not wanting Facebook. It's got it's good points, but mostly bad in my book. Bunch of crap with fb using everyone that has an account. Rewriting your posts, changing you email without notification (if I wanted a FB email account I would have made one), junk advertisement, and just too busy with a public diary for people to post uninteresting, daily, minute by minute useless actions, who cares?, I don't, I like the pictures, great inspirational pictures/stories, but the rest of the crap I can do without. If you do "like" something then you get bombarded with sites, offers, ads and email spam etc. That is why I keep a minimum of "friends", mostly family and then FB ask my friends and family to help me get more friends by suggesting some haha...yeah, more friends so they can steal all their info, as well as mine, and sell to advertisers and fill full of spam postings. I have as many FB "friends" as I want. FB is too busy. They get you hooked on it then manipulate your account etc. About had enough like I have here. Only it is more pleasant now, thank you, and I like this thread. There aren't many on topix worth the time. Okay, sorry about venting about FB. Not many have my email account and software sends most of the crap to spam to be deleted. I can tell most of it is a result of Facebook.

I wouldn't think you would do any of that. Not now anyway. lol
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78406 Dec 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
78351 just now showed up on my screen.
That is weird. I posted it again #53 and it was zapped too. I knew it. Noone had clicked icons or replied to it. Had my sister look it up and it was not her site either. I sure hope you, Dog, and a pizza partner celebrated your Birthday and it was good. Everyday's a gift.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78407 Dec 17, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Abeliever. Don't do that. We'd miss you too much. Hope you have had a nice time out on the town. You deserve it. Keep in touch, O.K.? I have your e-mail address anyway, should you choose to opt-out of Topix, but I think that you have a lot of nice things to share.
Probably won't. I was just venting. I did have a great time out on the town. Felt good for a change. I will keep in touch, you know that, topix or no topix. In fact, you and AW have mail.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78408 Dec 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you got to mention the Lord's Day for post 66,666. But from where I sit, all days belong to the Lord and the anti-Semitic troll can't ruin my faith.
His jargon and rhetoric is similar to the hate that I lived through and experienced in the Deep South against another culture of peoples of the 50's and 60's. I see a different light, I think he might well be staring into the light of an on-coming train.
And when you use that peanut butter, whether it be JIF or Mister Peanut or cheap Dollar Store stuff; give praise to Booker T. Washington who left a high paying career (for the time) to come to Tuskeegee and do agriculture research in hopes of leading the South away from King Cotton that helped enslave his peoples.
We passed that post number long ago. Her post had #78378
12 hrs ago on it. Wow, big difference huh? All those removed post and the randpaul debate thread is trying to catch up and they were on here since Oct 2010. haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 44 min Truth 455
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 9,836
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 7 hr Cuck Slayer 4,376
looking for betty gill 8 hr charles reed 1
Have 400 roses and party supplies, looking for ... 9 hr The Truth is a Lie 2
I need to get laid 9 hr Discussed 14
Add a Word. Drop a Word........... (Sep '10) Sat So_da_lish_us 1,692

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance