Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78127 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Ancient Wolf, do you do much cooking on your wood stove?
Not much, but some. It will be good if we have a power outtage. MY internet has been down for the last 24 hours.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78128 Dec 14, 2012
Another morning, watching the birds.
Dana

Ashland, KY

#78129 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have an Amish or Mennonite store around check with them on the apples. They should have some or be able to get you some.:)
Thanks. We do have one in town. I will call them to day.
I think I have seen dried apples in a box, like the ones raisins come in.
Is it OK to use apple butter if can't find dried apples?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78130 Dec 14, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Another morning, watching the birds.
I'm going to go out after while to see if the birds are out. I was out early to let the dogs pee. I didn't notice any birds. Ol' kitty tom jumps up on the porch rail demanding 100% of my attention. If he doesn't get full attention he reminds me with claws to the chest. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78131 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true too.:) Do any of y'all know what kind of apples the old folks used for cooking, sweet apples or sour Granny Smiths?
It did not matter, we used whatever was on the trees, from Graany Smiths to the yellow June apples.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78132 Dec 14, 2012
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. We do have one in town. I will call them to day.
I think I have seen dried apples in a box, like the ones raisins come in.
Is it OK to use apple butter if can't find dried apples?
Apple butter works just fine.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78133 Dec 14, 2012
I like to make individual serving size of hot fried apple pies using apple butter and the canned yeast rolls and a dip of vanilla ice cream.
hide and seek

Chesterfield, MO

#78134 Dec 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I like to make individual serving size of hot fried apple pies using apple butter and the canned yeast rolls and a dip of vanilla ice cream.
man a live that sounds good yummy
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#78135 Dec 14, 2012
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. We do have one in town. I will call them to day.
I think I have seen dried apples in a box, like the ones raisins come in.
Is it OK to use apple butter if can't find dried apples?
I'm not sure about the apple butter. You might end up creating something new but I bet it would be good.:) I bet the Amish or Mennonites can find you some. Good luck.:)
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#78136 Dec 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I like to make individual serving size of hot fried apple pies using apple butter and the canned yeast rolls and a dip of vanilla ice cream.
That does sound good. My mom use to make fried pies. She would make me one with a bunch of butter and cocoa in it. Oh gosh, you cut into that thing and all that hot butter and chocolate oozes out, so good - a chocolate high I'm telling you! LOL I never thought about ice cream. No doubt that would meet the daily quota in calories. lol I need to make her some fried apple pies.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#78137 Dec 14, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> I saw something as I was driving last night. Only thought it was a falling star. Dummy me wished on it , oh well, guess I could have alot of wishes , had I been watching. lol It was neat though...
I went out from about 11:30 until 12:00 and saw a few. I didn't know you could see so many more stars with just binoculars! It was really pretty out last night. Hope you get your wish!:)
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#78138 Dec 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, but some. It will be good if we have a power outtage. MY internet has been down for the last 24 hours.
I'm glad your internet is back! Oh yes, you would have it made in a power outage, warm and fed. Was the ice storm bad where you live?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78139 Dec 14, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad your internet is back! Oh yes, you would have it made in a power outage, warm and fed. Was the ice storm bad where you live?
Lots of people said it was. LOL But I don't remember it being nearly as bad as the winter of '77-'78. I am going out today to see if I can find my great-grandfather's grave. He served in the Civil War.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78140 Dec 14, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. Hope you are doing well on this fine day. It's ok to throw in magnapoots, if you like. Lol.
Good afternoon to you. I'm just fine and dandy today. Hope that your day is going as well. BTW, I guess that I was right about you. You have a kind heart beating underneath that rough,gruff, and irreverant exterior. There's no need to hide it. I'm glad that you joined the conversation. You're really quite clever and funny when you want to be.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#78141 Dec 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of people said it was. LOL But I don't remember it being nearly as bad as the winter of '77-'78. I am going out today to see if I can find my great-grandfather's grave. He served in the Civil War.
It was bad at this end of the state. Some people were without electricity for 30 days. It was pretty dang cold at the time. Could have been colder but it was cold enough! Three years later, we still have big dead limbs falling out of the trees. I have Civil War soldier ancestors too, also Revolutionary War. Hope you find the gravesite. If it is an unmarked grave there might be some organization that would help you get a marker.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78142 Dec 14, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon to you. I'm just fine and dandy today. Hope that your day is going as well. BTW, I guess that I was right about you. You have a kind heart beating underneath that rough,gruff, and irreverant exterior. There's no need to hide it. I'm glad that you joined the conversation. You're really quite clever and funny when you want to be.
Thanks. I think the Soft Kitty song got to me. I just hope I haven't ruined my bad reputation. Lol.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#78143 Dec 14, 2012
Good afternoon everyone. Hope you are enjoying the sunny day. I hope to. My heart is heavy as I listen to the latest school shooting special report. How sad:

18 children among 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting

My prayers are with the families and people of Connecticut.

Got the 6.3-magnitude quake strikes off California coast and one small one close to us.

Irondale, Alabama
Magnitude: 1.6
and Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska

Then:
US to send missiles, troops to Turkey in bid to deter Syria

Wow, big day in the news. I am glad so many seen the meteors last night. I seen a few before it was just too cold for me. If I had a sunroof, I would have ran the car for heat and reclined my seat, put some music on and watch for an hour or so. The sky certainly was beautiful.

I hope you all have a great day. I am off to get things done, then out with a special someone and won't be home until late tonight. Enjoy your Friday and weekend.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78144 Dec 14, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I think the Soft Kitty song got to me. I just hope I haven't ruined my bad reputation. Lol.
That soft kitty song got to all of us, I think. Or maybe it's the Christmas season. Who knows... We should be kind to each other for the rest of the year. No one could ever ruin your reputation as a scary troll, so don't worry about that. Now that we know that you are a force to contend with, you can come out from behind the wall that you built around yourself. I think that you will find that most folks are decent and are willing to accept you for who you are.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78145 Dec 14, 2012
Have a good time on your date, Abeliever. That's the first that I heard about the Connecticut shooting, I'll have to look up the news report to find out details, if there are any yet. The world is in a terrible state with many crazies roaming about. It seems that no one is safe these days,

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78146 Dec 14, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Good afternoon everyone. Hope you are enjoying the sunny day. I hope to. My heart is heavy as I listen to the latest school shooting special report. How sad:
18 children among 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting
My prayers are with the families and people of Connecticut.
Got the 6.3-magnitude quake strikes off California coast and one small one close to us.
Irondale, Alabama
Magnitude: 1.6
and Utah, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska
Then:
US to send missiles, troops to Turkey in bid to deter Syria
Wow, big day in the news. I am glad so many seen the meteors last night. I seen a few before it was just too cold for me. If I had a sunroof, I would have ran the car for heat and reclined my seat, put some music on and watch for an hour or so. The sky certainly was beautiful.
I hope you all have a great day. I am off to get things done, then out with a special someone and won't be home until late tonight. Enjoy your Friday and weekend.
Hello AB, I was talking on the phone with a friend from church when he told me about the school shooting, flashing across his TV screen. That is so horrible.

A beautiful day. I have been outside. I saw a few birds snd some ol' Crows squaking. I didn't know if they were telling me to get bent, get drunk or play Rook. Lol. Thank you for the magnapoots. Hehehe.

Don't forget to dab some vanilla flavoring behind each ear to really bring out the animal in that man, then let the cougar roll on. MEEEEOOOWWW!!! Hehehehe. From a man's prespective, if he seems like a good catch, I would go with the high class Watkins brand, if iffy I would just go with the store bargain brand. Have a good time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know ronald (ronnie) edward dunn? (Apr '12) 6 hr Ronnie Dunn 2
any women interested in some MMF action? 7 hr Wants to cuck 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,580
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 8 hr Common sense 2,932
new grocery chain in louisville 9 hr sara 1
Facebook Facts 10 hr Re tart Do ris 3
Any Prostitutes in Louisville (Dec '09) 11 hr Student debt 23

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages