Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
66,041 - 66,060 of 81,589 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Howdy, poster and posterettes. I spent the bulk of the afternoon resting, staring at the walls a lot and pondering on things.. I feel much better about this situation now. I've always been a person of faith, so there's no reason to doubt that faith now. It is what it is. I'm blessed.

(Plus the occasional Xanax hasn't hurt me one single bit! Accolades of extreme thanks going out to my wonderful team of doctors for that little happy-happy-joy-joy gem of delight. It's helped calm me down enough to put things into perspective, realistically speaking)....

AW, I laughed out loud about your dog going to get it's toy, LOL! That shows us all right there that they can also reason. It remembered WHERE that toy was. Hence, there was some doggy thinking taking place on it's part as to why it put that toy there for safe keeping in the first place, hehe! I just adore animals. All animals, even in the wild. They bring me peace.

Well, time to conjure up some dinner. Might be eggs and toast, who knows.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In case no one has told you lately, you're ALL very much appreciated. And that's not just because of the "now" thing I'm facing. I always looked forward to logging in to see what everyone was up to. That hasn't changed one iota. And it won't...

Chat later!!

_-_Nope_-_
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Howdy, poster and posterettes. I spent the bulk of the afternoon resting, staring at the walls a lot and pondering on things.. I feel much better about this situation now. I've always been a person of faith, so there's no reason to doubt that faith now. It is what it is. I'm blessed.
(Plus the occasional Xanax hasn't hurt me one single bit! Accolades of extreme thanks going out to my wonderful team of doctors for that little happy-happy-joy-joy gem of delight. It's helped calm me down enough to put things into perspective, realistically speaking)....
AW, I laughed out loud about your dog going to get it's toy, LOL! That shows us all right there that they can also reason. It remembered WHERE that toy was. Hence, there was some doggy thinking taking place on it's part as to why it put that toy there for safe keeping in the first place, hehe! I just adore animals. All animals, even in the wild. They bring me peace.
Well, time to conjure up some dinner. Might be eggs and toast, who knows.
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In case no one has told you lately, you're ALL very much appreciated. And that's not just because of the "now" thing I'm facing. I always looked forward to logging in to see what everyone was up to. That hasn't changed one iota. And it won't...
Chat later!!
_-_Nope_-_
Nope,, I don't know you, but you seem like a good person and in my book that makes you all right in my book, so I sincerely wish you the best in whatever you are facing. Now lay back and I will sing you the happy kitty song so you can sleep:

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty,sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Awwww, how sweet!
BAZINGA!
BAZINGA!!
Thanks, Hemp!!
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a little med tip, when you get a prescription with 6 refills for example,, buy all six at once. If you buy one, and loose it, you will not get another for 30 days or whatever was supposed to be left in the bottle, and will be up crap creek, but they will gladly let you fill all of them at once. Not a lot of sence, but that's how it works.
Hi Hemp. Well it doesn't work like that for me or my mom. My insurance will only pay for the one perscription at a time. Mom's Medicare is the same way. I've gone for refills before and them tell me it's too early.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hemp. Well it doesn't work like that for me or my mom. My insurance will only pay for the one perscription at a time. Mom's Medicare is the same way. I've gone for refills before and them tell me it's too early.
Shame did not know they could do that. I take a blood pressure pill and I get all six refills at one time. Perhaps your medication has a shelf life. I know when my buddy goes abroad he gets like three months at a time. Oh well, back to the blackboard.
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame did not know they could do that. I take a blood pressure pill and I get all six refills at one time. Perhaps your medication has a shelf life. I know when my buddy goes abroad he gets like three months at a time. Oh well, back to the blackboard.
My insurance will do a three month supply but it has to be written as one prescription. I think the one asking though is taking one of those drugs that the doctor has to write the prescription for each month, maybe a narcotic. It sure would be nice to get a six month supply and not have to go back every month.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I can't pick up any of my meds like that either, unfortunately. I can't even go pick them up one day early or my insurance carrier will deny payment on them. I guess the best scenario for those of us who have that problem is to ask our doctors to write every script out for a 90 day supply each time.

These insurance companies, I swear. And it's only going to get worse the closer we get to Obamacare. I'm already seeing drastic changes in my coverage, my deductibles, my co-pays and even the changing costs of the meds I've been taking long term..
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Blackboard!?! How old are you??? hehehe Sorry, I couldn't resist.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Good evening topix posters. Hope you are staying warm. They say the temps will rise as it gets to the weekend. I am so happy about that. We have over 2000 graves (mom&dad too) to decorate Saturday in our annual Wreaths Across America at the Veteran's Cemetery outside Fort Knox. It is some humbling feeling to see all of them when we are done. Like Arlington. It is beautiful when it snows. I sent pictures to a few regular posters last year. If you are a near one of the Veteran's Cemeteries try to make it. Those cemeteries are filling up fast. Very Sad. Those are our heroes.

Nope, I cannot express anything that others have not already here, but I will definitely make you part of my prayers. I know that they work. I have seen over and over in my family and with friends. It has been a hard year on me losing so many people dear to me, my Mom being the hardest of them all. Stay positive, as you have seen here, many have been there, that little girl with the HIV Blood treatment story was something, I am constantly praying for a cure. Lala, she is correct in her long road this year, she did amaze the doctors as well as all of us. She is a miracle. I couldn't say anything while she was off the thread on why, but all I wanted to say really was pray for her but couldn't since it was personal and she had not put it out here.

AW, "Quite often they are only asking for the mental strength and support to accept what lies around the bend at the end of the trail. As my father was passing after a long period of suffering and the day before he passed, he knew it and smiled and said "My prayers will be answered"." That is so true. My Mom said the same thing pretty much and I told you about her three wishes coming true. Prayers are powerful. We started a prayer chain for a friend with breast cancer diagnoised and she was where Nope is trying to come to grips with it, but after friends shared with her and kept the prayers going she was lifted and after surgery she said she felt the power of prayer and knew she would get good news. She did.
I hope you enjoyed your pizza night.

OJG gave a lot of herbal remedies and research she did on it and shared alot of it on this thread. Wish she would post again. Always interesting and helpful posts.

lala, you did amaze us as we have told you when she and I were emailing and calling the hospital. We were so happy you got better and went home where they really missed and needed you.((HUGS))
Hempburn, you are killing me with the soft kitty...hahahaha I ordered a nightshirt with that on it. They have everything with that on it. I love that show. Glad they have marathons on TBS, like right now...don't matter how many times you have seen it, it always makes me laugh out loud. I think Sheldon and Penny make the show. It is hilarious. Always good on nights with nothing really on. Watching the Voice right now. TEAM BLAKE is kicking butt.

WKYGirl, we did a bunch of survival items early in the thread. Unbelievable list with items you would never think of until you needed them. A couple of regular posters back then, Hicky and Prepper, started a thread with lots of ideas for a survival kit. Here is the website that might be helpful since I am not sure where in the 77,000+ posts other than near the front. lol This site might be quicker:

Surviving What Comes Next *Everyone Should Read*
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/leitchfield-k...

Hello una, imposter, Mr Potato Head, hope you and everyone else had a good day!

I know it is a long post, but faster than responding to each posts as I read them. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hempburn, did you see the upcoming wonders in the sky expected?

Here are 10 tips for watching the 2012 Geminid meteor shower, peaking on the nights of December 13 and 14.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/ten-...

I love #10...

10. As a wise man once said, meteor watching is a lot like fishing. You go outside. You enjoy nature all around you. You hope you catch some!

Meteor Party!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The most famous wolf living in Yellowstone National Park has been killed by a hunter in Wyoming.

Wow! How sad.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Hi, AB. Thanks for the words of support. I'm going into things with a positive outlook..

I am extremely pleased to hear what you're doing for our military vets. I am affiliated with the VFW but don't participate as much these days as I have in the past. I miss it. Maybe I'll get back into it with some zeal again one day soon. My home post is out of state though and that saddens me a bit, truth be told.

As far as the prepping lists we had on here, I've tried twice to go backward to find the portions of this thread that included them. I gave up. It's impossible to find them now that this thread is so massive. Maybe we should just break down a re-list our items again? I'd have to update mine anyway, as I had added more items as they came to mind.

I also decided today that I'm NOT going to Ebay my bug out bag. That would be like saying I give up and I'm letting "it" win. That's NOT the way I roll!! What a stupid comment that was, saying I was going to get rid of it. But of course that was before the Xanax calm set in and I could do some clearer thinking and come up with a game plan....
:)

Everyone who wants to place a list of items on here that they have prepped or might be in your grab and go's, let me/us know. I don't want to put something on here that would bore people half to tears any more than I probably already have to date...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Abeliever wrote:
The most famous wolf living in Yellowstone National Park has been killed by a hunter in Wyoming.
Wow! How sad.
Oh dear God. Seriously? What the heck? I swear, humans make me want to puke when they kill that way. What was he shooting at a wolf for? You don't eat WOLF!!
Imposter

Baxter, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
I don't understand how they could allow this to happen. I was raised by wolves. This is a sad day for me and the rest of my Wolf pack! I couldn't believe this happened. I love you wolf gang. Howwwwwwwww!! You will care be missed.
Hehehe That was NOT me Abeliever, trust me.
I think it was funny, not going t lie.
But again, NOT ME! LOL I'm still on good behavior baby cakes.
:) It's killing me inside, all that meanis is building up, but I'm still on good behavior. Just wanted to let you guys know this, If I do something I'll admit it. I think you know that by now, sweet chops.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi, AB. Thanks for the words of support. I'm going into things with a positive outlook..
I am extremely pleased to hear what you're doing for our military vets. I am affiliated with the VFW but don't participate as much these days as I have in the past. I miss it. Maybe I'll get back into it with some zeal again one day soon. My home post is out of state though and that saddens me a bit, truth be told.
As far as the prepping lists we had on here, I've tried twice to go backward to find the portions of this thread that included them. I gave up. It's impossible to find them now that this thread is so massive. Maybe we should just break down a re-list our items again? I'd have to update mine anyway, as I had added more items as they came to mind.
I also decided today that I'm NOT going to Ebay my bug out bag. That would be like saying I give up and I'm letting "it" win. That's NOT the way I roll!! What a stupid comment that was, saying I was going to get rid of it. But of course that was before the Xanax calm set in and I could do some clearer thinking and come up with a game plan....
Everyone who wants to place a list of items on here that they have prepped or might be in your grab and go's, let me/us know. I don't want to put something on here that would bore people half to tears any more than I probably already have to date...
You will be fine and now you have some topix friends to pray for you and wish you the best. Glad you are not giving up your Grab and Go Bag. I posted a couple lists awhile back as we compiled them so I could email them to family and friends because a lot of them were without power during the ice storm and remember the Storm of 94. Even Fort Knox closed down for a week. Loved that pay to stay home. lol

I will post it again. That site I posted for WKYGirl is still there.

Surviving What Comes Next *Everyone Should Read*

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/leitchfield-k...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear God. Seriously? What the heck? I swear, humans make me want to puke when they kill that way. What was he shooting at a wolf for? You don't eat WOLF!!
As the wolf was removed from the endangered species list in each state, the federal government has turned over control to the local authorities.

A collared female alpha wolf known as 832F to researchers and '06 -- for the year she was born -- to fans, was legally killed Thursday in Wyoming outside the park's protected area. She was part of the renowned Lamar Canyon pack.

It was on ABC news but you could put the key words in and see many sites/news media. Plus pictures. I could never shoot anything unless it was coming to kill me.

I hate to read these articles. Bet the hunter feels like crap, if not, he should.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe That was NOT me Abeliever, trust me.
I think it was funny, not going t lie.
But again, NOT ME! LOL I'm still on good behavior baby cakes.
:) It's killing me inside, all that meanis is building up, but I'm still on good behavior. Just wanted to let you guys know this, If I do something I'll admit it. I think you know that by now, sweet chops.
What, and I wasted that heart, bright bulb and funny guy icon for nothing huh? It was funny and I though you were playing me. I am very proud of you for being so good. Maybe now Santa won't leave you coal or sticks. lol

Just turn the mean to clean and you will be amazed. Even if it is only in the spirit of Christmas, I like you better this way. Obviously, the MODS do too. haha

Have a good night.:)
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Blackboard!?! How old are you??? hehehe Sorry, I couldn't resist.:)
That hurt, harsh man, harsh, get me to a dr. quick... and today is my birthday today at that! Also, this morning thirteen vultures were in the yard where I leave left overs for the creatures, and this was the first time a vulture has been on my place and there was not even any leftovers there,,, I'm begining to see a theme here.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

INTERESTING FACT:

12/12/12 is the last repetitive date we will ever see.

12 minutes,12 seconds after 12 o'clock on December 12th the time will be 12:12:12 oon 12/12/12/ This will not happen again until the year 2112.

Coming up soon...

Reminds me of a good Rush song:

Rush - 2112

Guitar and drums kick it. Back when music was music played by the artist, not computerized, synthesized, etc...etc

Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard this one..

Rush - Working Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

My favorite by Rush.

Rush - Closer To The Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

First biker party my sister dragged me to was blaring Rush, Fly By Night and 2112.

Watch, Peace, OJG, I miss our music night we use to have...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Well, doesn't look busy in here. Any birds today??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search