Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,294)

Showing posts 65,861 - 65,880 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!
You just made me remember something similar that happened to me years ago when I went to purchase my first house. Had to show proof of where the down payment had coming from too! I'd completely forgotten all about that! Wow. You're right! That was years ago! YEARS, I tell ya. So it started that long ago and I'd forgotten...

Whew. Yep, we're all sinking and sinking fast. They've got us pinned as soon as a social security number gets issued in our name.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how I stop those telemarketing calls now? I'll answer, push 1 and then 2 to get the live person on the other end because that's usually what they ask you to do anyway, then I'll set the phone down and walk off. Sometimes you can hear them keep saying "Hello? Hello?". I love it. Those calls eventually stopped around here.
Another good trick is when a web site wants information from you before you can "sign up", give a fake address and an odd version to a common name. Like say, "Vernon". Type in "Vermin" instead. Then when you get a call asking for "Vermin", you know exactly where, who and what happened that they got your number, ROFLMBO!! You can always tell them that "Vermin" passed away about a month ago if you really want to have fun with them...
:)
LOL Funny! Some days I just like to have fun with them too. hehe I've got cell phones under different names and addresses. When I have to call them and they ask my name I think, "Oh crap who am I?!?" LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Funny! Some days I just like to have fun with them too. hehe I've got cell phones under different names and addresses. When I have to call them and they ask my name I think, "Oh crap who am I?!?" LOL
ROFLMBO!! I love it! HAHA! I have a really odd last name and it's hard for people to pronounce. So when they get it wrong, I automatically know it's someone that shouldn't be contacting me anyway, hehe! That's how I came up with also using a misspelling of a first name too. It's a perfect "catch" for those sales calls and spam emails. I even have a web address that's strictly FOR spam catching, hehe. It took me a long time to finally get with the program by trial and error but now my personal email is spam free and the spam catching one, well it's probably overflowing and too full to take anything by now anyway, HAHA!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mr Potato head wrote:
I thought my computer had been hacked one time. It was a scary sight, my wife thought I had lost my mind. It scared me into thinking the worst. You know how your mind just isn't really rite when you are scared? I literally would not turn my computer on at all for about 6 or 7 months. I guess I just don't know enough about technology and electronics to do much more than type, post, ect. I too keep my cam covered on my laptop and phone. I don't have a smart phone, but it does have a camera. My wife said "well, your not doing anything wrong so why the paranoia all of a sudden"?? I told her it's not that, I don't know what's happened or who might have our information, pictures, hacked us or what have you. I got rid of that computer completely. We no longer pay bills or have any kind of information at all online. No way would I go thru that again! So I don't think you are silly at all for that. Too much can happen now and I'm not going to be a victim of identity theft or any other kind of victim for that matter if I can help it. You just never know who could be sitting on the other side of that keyboard.
I won't even put my name on my computer! lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Well, I'm headed to bed. Getting tired now. You take care WKG, and you too Mr. PH. God bless and sleep well everyone else out there who might be just reading and not talking tonight!

Peace, out......... For now.....
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made me remember something similar that happened to me years ago when I went to purchase my first house. Had to show proof of where the down payment had coming from too! I'd completely forgotten all about that! Wow. You're right! That was years ago! YEARS, I tell ya. So it started that long ago and I'd forgotten...
Whew. Yep, we're all sinking and sinking fast. They've got us pinned as soon as a social security number gets issued in our name.
The Amish are pretty smart when it comes to that, no social security number. An Amish guy told me one day that to the government they don't exist.
Mr Potato head

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't even put my name on my computer! lol
Nope me neither. People are too dern smart nowadays. Although nothing actually happened to me, I still think well what if it had? They say somebody can ruin you for life that way. I remember when you was only suppose to be scared of the "big", "tough" guys but now it's the smart ones that will get ya. LOL No names, pics, numbers or info at all. The further technology comes, the better they get. That link posted proves that lol.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMBO!! I love it! HAHA! I have a really odd last name and it's hard for people to pronounce. So when they get it wrong, I automatically know it's someone that shouldn't be contacting me anyway, hehe! That's how I came up with also using a misspelling of a first name too. It's a perfect "catch" for those sales calls and spam emails. I even have a web address that's strictly FOR spam catching, hehe. It took me a long time to finally get with the program by trial and error but now my personal email is spam free and the spam catching one, well it's probably overflowing and too full to take anything by now anyway, HAHA!
Last time I had to call about my one phone the girl said she really liked my name. lol I said, well thank you! loool

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Good night Nope and everybody else. Take care!
Daily Reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Where is the bird story on the post. I was hoping to read about bird. Where? How? They are dieing who can answer that question.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mr Potato head wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope me neither. People are too dern smart nowadays. Although nothing actually happened to me, I still think well what if it had? They say somebody can ruin you for life that way. I remember when you was only suppose to be scared of the "big", "tough" guys but now it's the smart ones that will get ya. LOL No names, pics, numbers or info at all. The further technology comes, the better they get. That link posted proves that lol.
You are right!
Good night, take care.:)
hey now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

What
EastKyGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

anyone hearing the underground booming noises that are being reported? As far west as Colorado and south to Mississippi..I probably wouldnt have paid any attention but my family has been hearing it for several weeks now..

and the sinkholes happening in several states...getting a little nervous...the Sixth Seal in the Book of Revelations is....a great earthquake...
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have started making purchases the good old fashioned way again. USING CASH. This also means using NONE of those stupid rewards cards, either. Not the Kroger reward card, not the Speedy rewards card, NONE of them. Those "discount" cards along with either your debit or credit card, keeps track of everything you purchase. EVERYTHING.
I don't purchase my ammo unless it's with cash either. And now just today, I read a story about 'them' wanting everyone to show an ID when purchasing ammunition? Just wow..
They're taking our privacy and we're stupidly allowing it go on without realizing what the long term implications really are.
I don't have a web cam, I threw the answering machine in the trash, I have not used credit cards in 15 years or more and I have no cell phone. I buy nothing on-line or watch on-line or pay-to-view movies. I do have caller Id on my corded land line phone and if I get a call from a number I don't recognize such as other than family or friends, I simply do not answer any more and I never call back.

My reasoning for my trashing the answering machine and watching the caller ID was because I was getting calls wanting to speak with my wife. If I answered, I would tell them that I would like to speak to her too since she has been dead now for almost 7 years. Sometimes the caller id states "Unknown" and I figure if they don't want me to know who they are, they don't need to know who I am.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!
Banks are required by law to report any "cash" transactions exceeding $10,000. I guess that came out of the war on drugs. The last time I tried to buy a vehicle, I told the sales people I would give them $9000 cash now, they hold the truck for 60 days and then I would give them the rest in cash and pick up the vehicle then. They would not agree. They wanted to "finance" the thing and get a kick back on the financing. So I told them to keep it and I am still driving an old clunker and have decided that I will just keep buying and driving clunkers from individuals rather than automobile dealers.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

High Concentration

When there is a major or on going leak,a high concentration of natural gas can begin to build up.
This is particularly dangerous in enclosed areas and inside the home,as breathing this high concentration can have some adverse,but temporary , medical effects.An individal can begin to feel dizzy.
Getting out of the area and into the fresh air is the most important way to treat any effects that have developed from breathing natural gas. Typically the headaches and dizziness will begin slowly,giving enough time to get out into the open air.

A restraining order or order of protection is a form of legal injunction that requires a party to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good morning. Still raining cats and dogs here, got some thunder rolling around up there too. Looks like the rest of the week will be cool but clear. 12/21/12 is approaching and I do not have a plan of action yet for that evening, maybe drink some wine and watch a movie. Don't sneak across my lawn dressed as an alien though just in case.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Oh I think the birds will hide again today...except the ducks. Another wet morning here.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Daily Reader wrote:
Where is the bird story on the post. I was hoping to read about bird. Where? How? They are dieing who can answer that question.
Hi. Start from the beginning of this thread to read about the birds, page one.:)
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Leaving the Light On wrote:
High Concentration
When there is a major or on going leak,a high concentration of natural gas can begin to build up.
This is particularly dangerous in enclosed areas and inside the home,as breathing this high concentration can have some adverse,but temporary , medical effects.An individal can begin to feel dizzy.
Getting out of the area and into the fresh air is the most important way to treat any effects that have developed from breathing natural gas. Typically the headaches and dizziness will begin slowly,giving enough time to get out into the open air.
A restraining order or order of protection is a form of legal injunction that requires a party to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts.
I have traveled through parts of the state before that had a lot of natural gas. The smell made me feel sick almost to the point of vomiting. Something about chemical smells makes me sick to my stomach, not only natural gas either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,861 - 65,880 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••