Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Mchenry, IL

#77653 Dec 9, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMBO!! I love it! HAHA! I have a really odd last name and it's hard for people to pronounce. So when they get it wrong, I automatically know it's someone that shouldn't be contacting me anyway, hehe! That's how I came up with also using a misspelling of a first name too. It's a perfect "catch" for those sales calls and spam emails. I even have a web address that's strictly FOR spam catching, hehe. It took me a long time to finally get with the program by trial and error but now my personal email is spam free and the spam catching one, well it's probably overflowing and too full to take anything by now anyway, HAHA!
Last time I had to call about my one phone the girl said she really liked my name. lol I said, well thank you! loool

Mchenry, IL

#77655 Dec 9, 2012
Good night Nope and everybody else. Take care!
Daily Reader

United States

#77657 Dec 9, 2012
Where is the bird story on the post. I was hoping to read about bird. Where? How? They are dieing who can answer that question.

Mchenry, IL

#77660 Dec 9, 2012
Mr Potato head wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope me neither. People are too dern smart nowadays. Although nothing actually happened to me, I still think well what if it had? They say somebody can ruin you for life that way. I remember when you was only suppose to be scared of the "big", "tough" guys but now it's the smart ones that will get ya. LOL No names, pics, numbers or info at all. The further technology comes, the better they get. That link posted proves that lol.
You are right!
Good night, take care.:)
hey now

United States

#77663 Dec 9, 2012
What
EastKyGirl

Columbus, OH

#77664 Dec 10, 2012
anyone hearing the underground booming noises that are being reported? As far west as Colorado and south to Mississippi..I probably wouldnt have paid any attention but my family has been hearing it for several weeks now..

and the sinkholes happening in several states...getting a little nervous...the Sixth Seal in the Book of Revelations is....a great earthquake...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77665 Dec 10, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have started making purchases the good old fashioned way again. USING CASH. This also means using NONE of those stupid rewards cards, either. Not the Kroger reward card, not the Speedy rewards card, NONE of them. Those "discount" cards along with either your debit or credit card, keeps track of everything you purchase. EVERYTHING.
I don't purchase my ammo unless it's with cash either. And now just today, I read a story about 'them' wanting everyone to show an ID when purchasing ammunition? Just wow..
They're taking our privacy and we're stupidly allowing it go on without realizing what the long term implications really are.
I don't have a web cam, I threw the answering machine in the trash, I have not used credit cards in 15 years or more and I have no cell phone. I buy nothing on-line or watch on-line or pay-to-view movies. I do have caller Id on my corded land line phone and if I get a call from a number I don't recognize such as other than family or friends, I simply do not answer any more and I never call back.

My reasoning for my trashing the answering machine and watching the caller ID was because I was getting calls wanting to speak with my wife. If I answered, I would tell them that I would like to speak to her too since she has been dead now for almost 7 years. Sometimes the caller id states "Unknown" and I figure if they don't want me to know who they are, they don't need to know who I am.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77667 Dec 10, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!
Banks are required by law to report any "cash" transactions exceeding $10,000. I guess that came out of the war on drugs. The last time I tried to buy a vehicle, I told the sales people I would give them $9000 cash now, they hold the truck for 60 days and then I would give them the rest in cash and pick up the vehicle then. They would not agree. They wanted to "finance" the thing and get a kick back on the financing. So I told them to keep it and I am still driving an old clunker and have decided that I will just keep buying and driving clunkers from individuals rather than automobile dealers.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#77668 Dec 10, 2012
High Concentration

When there is a major or on going leak,a high concentration of natural gas can begin to build up.
This is particularly dangerous in enclosed areas and inside the home,as breathing this high concentration can have some adverse,but temporary , medical effects.An individal can begin to feel dizzy.
Getting out of the area and into the fresh air is the most important way to treat any effects that have developed from breathing natural gas. Typically the headaches and dizziness will begin slowly,giving enough time to get out into the open air.

A restraining order or order of protection is a form of legal injunction that requires a party to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77669 Dec 10, 2012
Good morning. Still raining cats and dogs here, got some thunder rolling around up there too. Looks like the rest of the week will be cool but clear. 12/21/12 is approaching and I do not have a plan of action yet for that evening, maybe drink some wine and watch a movie. Don't sneak across my lawn dressed as an alien though just in case.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#77670 Dec 10, 2012
Oh I think the birds will hide again today...except the ducks. Another wet morning here.
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#77671 Dec 10, 2012
Daily Reader wrote:
Where is the bird story on the post. I was hoping to read about bird. Where? How? They are dieing who can answer that question.
Hi. Start from the beginning of this thread to read about the birds, page one.:)
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#77672 Dec 10, 2012
Leaving the Light On wrote:
High Concentration
When there is a major or on going leak,a high concentration of natural gas can begin to build up.
This is particularly dangerous in enclosed areas and inside the home,as breathing this high concentration can have some adverse,but temporary , medical effects.An individal can begin to feel dizzy.
Getting out of the area and into the fresh air is the most important way to treat any effects that have developed from breathing natural gas. Typically the headaches and dizziness will begin slowly,giving enough time to get out into the open air.
A restraining order or order of protection is a form of legal injunction that requires a party to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts.
I have traveled through parts of the state before that had a lot of natural gas. The smell made me feel sick almost to the point of vomiting. Something about chemical smells makes me sick to my stomach, not only natural gas either.
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#77673 Dec 10, 2012
EastKyGirl wrote:
anyone hearing the underground booming noises that are being reported? As far west as Colorado and south to Mississippi..I probably wouldnt have paid any attention but my family has been hearing it for several weeks now..
and the sinkholes happening in several states...getting a little nervous...the Sixth Seal in the Book of Revelations is....a great earthquake...
I haven't heard about that but it does sound a little freaky. I'm sure if I heard it I would be concerned too. I hope nothing drastic happens during the winter in cold places like KY, but I'm sure it will someday.
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#77674 Dec 10, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks are required by law to report any "cash" transactions exceeding $10,000. I guess that came out of the war on drugs. The last time I tried to buy a vehicle, I told the sales people I would give them $9000 cash now, they hold the truck for 60 days and then I would give them the rest in cash and pick up the vehicle then. They would not agree. They wanted to "finance" the thing and get a kick back on the financing. So I told them to keep it and I am still driving an old clunker and have decided that I will just keep buying and driving clunkers from individuals rather than automobile dealers.
Good morning AW.:) Yeah it has gotten a little ridiulous, no - totally ridiculous! The portion I wanted to pay in cash wasn't even $10,000 and they still wanted proof of where it came from. The loan officer told me, "We have to have a money trail." Every day we get closer and closer to that "cashless society" mentioned in Revelation. Everything from our money to our medical records is going to come down to a card or microchip - "the mark of the beast." Those of us who don't go along with it are going to have problems! And not long ago we couldn't even imagine HOW all of this could even be possible. I do a lot of cash transactions around here and I plan on doing more! As far as those newer cars/trucks, that "On Star" stuff freaks me out beyond belief!!! There have been many vehicles that were stolen then recovered by the gps tracking or by remotely stopping the car - all done by On Star. Shoot, they can just sit and listen to your conversations as you are driving down the road! No thank you! If I did buy a new car I would probably destroy it trying to get all that technology crap out of it! I heard Glen Beck talking about all of this a few days ago on his radio show. He was also talking about those "smart box" or whatever contraptions they are installing on houses through the electric company. NOT HAPPENING HERE! He said that one person refused the smart box and had to pay an extra $15 a month. Fine by me and I'd probably be paying that in cash too! I tell you what, the thought to no electricity and no technology sounds mighty peaceful to me. That sounds better every single day!
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

#77675 Dec 10, 2012
Y'all should check out this book "Shadow Government" by Grant Jeffrey: http://www.christianbook.com/apps/product... |M
Your local library might have it. Get out your library "card" (that they are so easily tracking and recording ALL of your library transactions with) and go check it out! LOL You know, there was a time that no doubt we would probably have to have been nuts to even consider all these things. Now you're nuts if you don't!

It won't take you long to read that book because you won't be able to put it down!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#77677 Dec 10, 2012
Still raining. Waiting for it to stop.
Welp

Duluth, GA

#77678 Dec 10, 2012
Yea
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77679 Dec 10, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Still raining. Waiting for it to stop.
If it stops and the sun comes out, we might need to mow grass for Christmas LOL

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#77681 Dec 10, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a web cam, I threw the answering machine in the trash, I have not used credit cards in 15 years or more and I have no cell phone. I buy nothing on-line or watch on-line or pay-to-view movies. I do have caller Id on my corded land line phone and if I get a call from a number I don't recognize such as other than family or friends, I simply do not answer any more and I never call back.
My reasoning for my trashing the answering machine and watching the caller ID was because I was getting calls wanting to speak with my wife. If I answered, I would tell them that I would like to speak to her too since she has been dead now for almost 7 years. Sometimes the caller id states "Unknown" and I figure if they don't want me to know who they are, they don't need to know who I am.
You've got the right idea, AW. I disconnected my landline phone because of too many calls trying to sell me something. I only use the cell phone, so that all my calls are from family, friends, or business associates to whom I have given my phone number. I would love to get rid of the landline entirely, but I have to keep it in order to use my computer. I hate credit cards, but I have to have one so that I can order merchandice I need online. Unfortunately, I don't get out to shop very often. However, we are credit card "freeloaders" because we pay the bill entirely when it comes in at the end of the month. That way I don't pay any of the exorbitant interest rates that credit card companies charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man charged with getting forged prescriptions 2 hr tony 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 2 hr honeymylove 7,942
watch out for sprint 2 hr Kramer 1
Tymberwood trace apts 3 hr Ready to move 7
Sarah annanice reece 3 hr Say_it_aint_true 2
cts russell half way house (Mar '11) 3 hr Roo 63
Why did Wave 3 Kevin & Carrie harned get divorce? (Aug '13) 4 hr libby 39
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web