Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,294)

Showing posts 65,861 - 65,880 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77618
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I was saying! I'd for sure cover a dang webcam! LOL Let me tell you about this!...I use to do a lot of ministry work overseas online. I was doing a lot of stuff in terrorist countries. This guy from a country I was doing work in started calling my HOME PHONE. He would tell me that they had detected that I had a virus on my computer... blah blah blah. I forgot what he was asking for but some personal information. Of course I didn't tell him anything. He kept calling back. I finally started telling him that I didn't even have a damn computer and I did not know what he was talking about!!! LOL Finally he gave up and went away. I bet he hacked through my online work and got my number. I remember he kept wanting me to go on my computer when he called so he could "help me fix the problem" with my computer. Yeah riiiiight! lol That experience was a little too dang creepy! I had gone to all kinds of trouble to keep them from finding me and one of them rang my dang home phone! LOL
OMG~ He started calling you? Glad you were savvy enough to see through that. You go girl!!!

Unfortunately, some people aren't that intelligent. A good example would be that many of the elderly are getting computers or these 'smart' phones for the first time. My own mother had someone call her and ask for the last four digits and the security code from the back of one of her credit cards not long ago. Said they were from a very well known department store and had found a discrepancy on one of her recent transactions. Thankfully, we had drummed it into my Moms head that times have changed, or she could have been taken for a huge chunk of change, and then her ID possibly stolen.

You've got to be careful these days. Actually, you have to be overly careful.
Mr Potato head

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77625
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I thought my computer had been hacked one time. It was a scary sight, my wife thought I had lost my mind. It scared me into thinking the worst. You know how your mind just isn't really rite when you are scared? I literally would not turn my computer on at all for about 6 or 7 months. I guess I just don't know enough about technology and electronics to do much more than type, post, ect. I too keep my cam covered on my laptop and phone. I don't have a smart phone, but it does have a camera. My wife said "well, your not doing anything wrong so why the paranoia all of a sudden"?? I told her it's not that, I don't know what's happened or who might have our information, pictures, hacked us or what have you. I got rid of that computer completely. We no longer pay bills or have any kind of information at all online. No way would I go thru that again! So I don't think you are silly at all for that. Too much can happen now and I'm not going to be a victim of identity theft or any other kind of victim for that matter if I can help it. You just never know who could be sitting on the other side of that keyboard.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77628
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG~ He started calling you? Glad you were savvy enough to see through that. You go girl!!!
Unfortunately, some people aren't that intelligent. A good example would be that many of the elderly are getting computers or these 'smart' phones for the first time. My own mother had someone call her and ask for the last four digits and the security code from the back of one of her credit cards not long ago. Said they were from a very well known department store and had found a discrepancy on one of her recent transactions. Thankfully, we had drummed it into my Moms head that times have changed, or she could have been taken for a huge chunk of change, and then her ID possibly stolen.
You've got to be careful these days. Actually, you have to be overly careful.
He sure did! Talking about a sinking feeling in your gut! LOL And the same guy kept calling back, plumb dang freaky! One time I had some foreign chick calling trying to get credit card numbers out of me. It was probably the same scam they tried on your mom. I had fun with her! LOL I would keep her on the phone forever giving her the run around and fake numbers. LOL She finally got disgusted with me, hung up on me and didn't call back. haaaa There is one scam that has been going on around here for at least a couple years. They call and say they can lower your interest rate. They make out like they are your credit card company but then they end up asking for your credit card numbers. I bet they have called here 20-30 times! I finally quit arguing with them and just started hanging up.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77632
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure did! Talking about a sinking feeling in your gut! LOL And the same guy kept calling back, plumb dang freaky! One time I had some foreign chick calling trying to get credit card numbers out of me. It was probably the same scam they tried on your mom. I had fun with her! LOL I would keep her on the phone forever giving her the run around and fake numbers. LOL She finally got disgusted with me, hung up on me and didn't call back. haaaa There is one scam that has been going on around here for at least a couple years. They call and say they can lower your interest rate. They make out like they are your credit card company but then they end up asking for your credit card numbers. I bet they have called here 20-30 times! I finally quit arguing with them and just started hanging up.
You know how I stop those telemarketing calls now? I'll answer, push 1 and then 2 to get the live person on the other end because that's usually what they ask you to do anyway, then I'll set the phone down and walk off. Sometimes you can hear them keep saying "Hello? Hello?". I love it. Those calls eventually stopped around here.

Another good trick is when a web site wants information from you before you can "sign up", give a fake address and an odd version to a common name. Like say, "Vernon". Type in "Vermin" instead. Then when you get a call asking for "Vermin", you know exactly where, who and what happened that they got your number, ROFLMBO!! You can always tell them that "Vermin" passed away about a month ago if you really want to have fun with them...
:)

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77635
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have started making purchases the good old fashioned way again. USING CASH. This also means using NONE of those stupid rewards cards, either. Not the Kroger reward card, not the Speedy rewards card, NONE of them. Those "discount" cards along with either your debit or credit card, keeps track of everything you purchase. EVERYTHING.
I don't purchase my ammo unless it's with cash either. And now just today, I read a story about 'them' wanting everyone to show an ID when purchasing ammunition? Just wow..
They're taking our privacy and we're stupidly allowing it go on without
realizing what the long term implications really are.
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77637
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!
You just made me remember something similar that happened to me years ago when I went to purchase my first house. Had to show proof of where the down payment had coming from too! I'd completely forgotten all about that! Wow. You're right! That was years ago! YEARS, I tell ya. So it started that long ago and I'd forgotten...

Whew. Yep, we're all sinking and sinking fast. They've got us pinned as soon as a social security number gets issued in our name.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77638
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how I stop those telemarketing calls now? I'll answer, push 1 and then 2 to get the live person on the other end because that's usually what they ask you to do anyway, then I'll set the phone down and walk off. Sometimes you can hear them keep saying "Hello? Hello?". I love it. Those calls eventually stopped around here.
Another good trick is when a web site wants information from you before you can "sign up", give a fake address and an odd version to a common name. Like say, "Vernon". Type in "Vermin" instead. Then when you get a call asking for "Vermin", you know exactly where, who and what happened that they got your number, ROFLMBO!! You can always tell them that "Vermin" passed away about a month ago if you really want to have fun with them...
:)
LOL Funny! Some days I just like to have fun with them too. hehe I've got cell phones under different names and addresses. When I have to call them and they ask my name I think, "Oh crap who am I?!?" LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77642
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Funny! Some days I just like to have fun with them too. hehe I've got cell phones under different names and addresses. When I have to call them and they ask my name I think, "Oh crap who am I?!?" LOL
ROFLMBO!! I love it! HAHA! I have a really odd last name and it's hard for people to pronounce. So when they get it wrong, I automatically know it's someone that shouldn't be contacting me anyway, hehe! That's how I came up with also using a misspelling of a first name too. It's a perfect "catch" for those sales calls and spam emails. I even have a web address that's strictly FOR spam catching, hehe. It took me a long time to finally get with the program by trial and error but now my personal email is spam free and the spam catching one, well it's probably overflowing and too full to take anything by now anyway, HAHA!

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77644
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Potato head wrote:
I thought my computer had been hacked one time. It was a scary sight, my wife thought I had lost my mind. It scared me into thinking the worst. You know how your mind just isn't really rite when you are scared? I literally would not turn my computer on at all for about 6 or 7 months. I guess I just don't know enough about technology and electronics to do much more than type, post, ect. I too keep my cam covered on my laptop and phone. I don't have a smart phone, but it does have a camera. My wife said "well, your not doing anything wrong so why the paranoia all of a sudden"?? I told her it's not that, I don't know what's happened or who might have our information, pictures, hacked us or what have you. I got rid of that computer completely. We no longer pay bills or have any kind of information at all online. No way would I go thru that again! So I don't think you are silly at all for that. Too much can happen now and I'm not going to be a victim of identity theft or any other kind of victim for that matter if I can help it. You just never know who could be sitting on the other side of that keyboard.
I won't even put my name on my computer! lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77647
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, I'm headed to bed. Getting tired now. You take care WKG, and you too Mr. PH. God bless and sleep well everyone else out there who might be just reading and not talking tonight!

Peace, out......... For now.....
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77648
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made me remember something similar that happened to me years ago when I went to purchase my first house. Had to show proof of where the down payment had coming from too! I'd completely forgotten all about that! Wow. You're right! That was years ago! YEARS, I tell ya. So it started that long ago and I'd forgotten...
Whew. Yep, we're all sinking and sinking fast. They've got us pinned as soon as a social security number gets issued in our name.
The Amish are pretty smart when it comes to that, no social security number. An Amish guy told me one day that to the government they don't exist.
Mr Potato head

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77652
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't even put my name on my computer! lol
Nope me neither. People are too dern smart nowadays. Although nothing actually happened to me, I still think well what if it had? They say somebody can ruin you for life that way. I remember when you was only suppose to be scared of the "big", "tough" guys but now it's the smart ones that will get ya. LOL No names, pics, numbers or info at all. The further technology comes, the better they get. That link posted proves that lol.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77653
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMBO!! I love it! HAHA! I have a really odd last name and it's hard for people to pronounce. So when they get it wrong, I automatically know it's someone that shouldn't be contacting me anyway, hehe! That's how I came up with also using a misspelling of a first name too. It's a perfect "catch" for those sales calls and spam emails. I even have a web address that's strictly FOR spam catching, hehe. It took me a long time to finally get with the program by trial and error but now my personal email is spam free and the spam catching one, well it's probably overflowing and too full to take anything by now anyway, HAHA!
Last time I had to call about my one phone the girl said she really liked my name. lol I said, well thank you! loool

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77655
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Good night Nope and everybody else. Take care!
Daily Reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77657
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Where is the bird story on the post. I was hoping to read about bird. Where? How? They are dieing who can answer that question.

Since: Dec 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77660
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Potato head wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope me neither. People are too dern smart nowadays. Although nothing actually happened to me, I still think well what if it had? They say somebody can ruin you for life that way. I remember when you was only suppose to be scared of the "big", "tough" guys but now it's the smart ones that will get ya. LOL No names, pics, numbers or info at all. The further technology comes, the better they get. That link posted proves that lol.
You are right!
Good night, take care.:)
hey now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77663
Dec 9, 2012
 
What
EastKyGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77664
Dec 10, 2012
 
anyone hearing the underground booming noises that are being reported? As far west as Colorado and south to Mississippi..I probably wouldnt have paid any attention but my family has been hearing it for several weeks now..

and the sinkholes happening in several states...getting a little nervous...the Sixth Seal in the Book of Revelations is....a great earthquake...
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77665
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have started making purchases the good old fashioned way again. USING CASH. This also means using NONE of those stupid rewards cards, either. Not the Kroger reward card, not the Speedy rewards card, NONE of them. Those "discount" cards along with either your debit or credit card, keeps track of everything you purchase. EVERYTHING.
I don't purchase my ammo unless it's with cash either. And now just today, I read a story about 'them' wanting everyone to show an ID when purchasing ammunition? Just wow..
They're taking our privacy and we're stupidly allowing it go on without realizing what the long term implications really are.
I don't have a web cam, I threw the answering machine in the trash, I have not used credit cards in 15 years or more and I have no cell phone. I buy nothing on-line or watch on-line or pay-to-view movies. I do have caller Id on my corded land line phone and if I get a call from a number I don't recognize such as other than family or friends, I simply do not answer any more and I never call back.

My reasoning for my trashing the answering machine and watching the caller ID was because I was getting calls wanting to speak with my wife. If I answered, I would tell them that I would like to speak to her too since she has been dead now for almost 7 years. Sometimes the caller id states "Unknown" and I figure if they don't want me to know who they are, they don't need to know who I am.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77667
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!
Banks are required by law to report any "cash" transactions exceeding $10,000. I guess that came out of the war on drugs. The last time I tried to buy a vehicle, I told the sales people I would give them $9000 cash now, they hold the truck for 60 days and then I would give them the rest in cash and pick up the vehicle then. They would not agree. They wanted to "finance" the thing and get a kick back on the financing. So I told them to keep it and I am still driving an old clunker and have decided that I will just keep buying and driving clunkers from individuals rather than automobile dealers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,861 - 65,880 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 3 min Fed Up Again 439
Aspen Dental 1 hr uratroll 3
Suspects in knifepoint robbery arrested 2 hr White Man 6
Arrest made in strong-arm robbery 2 hr White Man 5
Argument over woman leads to assault charge 2 hr White Man 5
I hate fat women (Dec '09) 4 hr Truth 215
First witness takes stand in trial of former pr... 4 hr Truth 3
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... Apr 13 keep your head up 28
•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••