Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,662

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#77591 Dec 9, 2012
I was inside all day, and the birds were too. Well...except the ducks. They love this weather!!

Since: Apr 11

Murray, KY

#77594 Dec 9, 2012
Howdy folks, it's been a while thought I'd catch up skittle and see how y'all are doing?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#77598 Dec 9, 2012
Gammy65 wrote:
Howdy folks, it's been a while thought I'd catch up skittle and see how y'all are doing?
Hi Gammy,((HUGS)) to you. I am so happy to see you post. It sure has been awhile. I hope all is well with you and the family. I just finished dinner dishes and decorating half the Christmas cookies. I thought I would take a break with a big glass of fresh brewed ice tea and check topix. I was so pleased to see your name up there. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday. Have you heard from JPF/OJG? We sure have missed the old gang of regulars.

It just started pouring rain again here. Glad I am not in Green Bay or Minnesota. Seen from the football games they are getting that white stuff. lol I will take the rain for now. Snow in a couple weeks. haha

Take care

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77600 Dec 9, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I was inside all day, and the birds were too. Well...except the ducks. They love this weather!!
I hear that! Had to almost shove my dogs outside to go poop this afternoon and I know they had to be just about to bust a gut holding it in. Can't say as I blame them. They don't like thunder and it was rockin' and rollin' out there for quite a while.

Now it's going to turn cold and sink down into the mid 20's at night? What strange weather, geesh. We won't be opening our bedroom windows at night again for quite a while I guess...

#77601 Dec 9, 2012
Gammy65 wrote:
Hi Gammy.

#77602 Dec 9, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
Here's something to think on: http://offgridsurvival.com/verizonspyinyourow...
There was a segment about this on the nightly news the other night. I think it was the CBS news, but can't swear to the network. I do know for sure that it was one of the big three broadcast networks though.

The reporter stated that this patent they have applied for would grant them the ability to "sense" your movements via the cable box or whatever means they choose to use in your home via your consent when you sign a contract for services.

These boxes are 'smart' boxes. Meaning for example that they could tell if you were cuddling.. Hmmm. So if they can tell if you're "cuddling", well. Use your imagination to what else it could figure out..

The news story also said that the technology could detect the tone of your voice, knowing your 'mood'. Hence, the networks could then manipulate their advertising techniques just savvy enough to target your current mood.. If you were laughing, crying, loving, yelling, fighting, whatever. You're mood would determine the advertisement that came through your media equipment. Again, use your darkest imaginations to get the full effect of what EXACTLY this thing could possibly reveal to the 'eye spy'. It could ultimately mean that what ad YOU were seeing might not be the same ad that your neighbor next door is seeing at that same moment between programming..

NO WAY IN HELL will I allow something like that into my home. I'll go without cable first, I'll toss the gaming systems and everything else that I suspect of spying on us here. I'll go back to using a corded phone if need be so we can keep what little privacy we can. I already have a "dumb" cell phone because I don't need all of that silly app crap that comes with a "smart" phone. And it's turned off half the time anyway and needing a charge, lol.

You all might laugh at me and I really don't care at this point due to this story, but I have a small piece of paper taped over the web-cam lens of my laptop, and I've had it there for a LONG time already. It's too easy to hack into your system these days and finding access to remotely hack your web-cam doesn't seem that far fetched now, does it? It's probably a lot easier to hack your web-cam than it is to retrieve your personal passwords for hacking into your other on-line accounts if you think about it....
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77603 Dec 9, 2012
It's raining and sleepy, watching dexter and homeland. All the good shows are going away for the season, maybe some new stuff will come out but so far it aint looking good.

Since: Dec 12

Mchenry, IL

#77608 Dec 9, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a message taken from the 53rd Chapter of Isaiah about Jesus.
Cool, hope you enjoyed it.:)
OPEN

Stanton, KY

#77611 Dec 9, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a segment about this on the nightly news the other night. I think it was the CBS news, but can't swear to the network. I do know for sure that it was one of the big three broadcast networks though.
The reporter stated that this patent they have applied for would grant them the ability to "sense" your movements via the cable box or whatever means they choose to use in your home via your consent when you sign a contract for services.
These boxes are 'smart' boxes. Meaning for example that they could tell if you were cuddling.. Hmmm. So if they can tell if you're "cuddling", well. Use your imagination to what else it could figure out..
The news story also said that the technology could detect the tone of your voice, knowing your 'mood'. Hence, the networks could then manipulate their advertising techniques just savvy enough to target your current mood.. If you were laughing, crying, loving, yelling, fighting, whatever. You're mood would determine the advertisement that came through your media equipment. Again, use your darkest imaginations to get the full effect of what EXACTLY this thing could possibly reveal to the 'eye spy'. It could ultimately mean that what ad YOU were seeing might not be the same ad that your neighbor next door is seeing at that same moment between programming..
NO WAY IN HELL will I allow something like that into my home. I'll go without cable first, I'll toss the gaming systems and everything else that I suspect of spying on us here. I'll go back to using a corded phone if need be so we can keep what little privacy we can. I already have a "dumb" cell phone because I don't need all of that silly app crap that comes with a "smart" phone. And it's turned off half the time anyway and needing a charge, lol.
You all might laugh at me and I really don't care at this point due to this story, but I have a small piece of paper taped over the web-cam lens of my laptop, and I've had it there for a LONG time already. It's too easy to hack into your system these days and finding access to remotely hack your web-cam doesn't seem that far fetched now, does it? It's probably a lot easier to hack your web-cam than it is to retrieve your personal passwords for hacking into your other on-line accounts if you think about it....
We are now in an unprecedented age of surveillance that even George Orwell could not have envisioned.
1. Your cell phone is a GPS tracking device and all your texts and conversations are monitored and stored in a government data base.
2. Your computer is monitored and all your emails and all sites you visit are stored in a government data base.
3. All your credit card transactions are recorded and stored in a data base.
4. What you watch on television is also stored by the cable and satellite companies.

Basically EVERYTHING we do is tracked and recorded and it will only get worse as surveillance cameras will be placed throughout the country in addition to the drones flying over our heads.

Mchenry, IL

#77612 Dec 9, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text> NO WAY IN HELL will I allow something like that into my home. I'll go without cable first, I'll toss the gaming systems and everything else that I suspect of spying on us here. I'll go back to using a corded phone if need be so we can keep what little privacy we can. I already have a "dumb" cell phone because I don't need all of that silly app crap that comes with a "smart" phone. And it's turned off half the time anyway and needing a charge, lol.
That is exactly what I was saying! I'd for sure cover a dang webcam! LOL Let me tell you about this!...I use to do a lot of ministry work overseas online. I was doing a lot of stuff in terrorist countries. This guy from a country I was doing work in started calling my HOME PHONE. He would tell me that they had detected that I had a virus on my computer... blah blah blah. I forgot what he was asking for but some personal information. Of course I didn't tell him anything. He kept calling back. I finally started telling him that I didn't even have a damn computer and I did not know what he was talking about!!! LOL Finally he gave up and went away. I bet he hacked through my online work and got my number. I remember he kept wanting me to go on my computer when he called so he could "help me fix the problem" with my computer. Yeah riiiiight! lol That experience was a little too dang creepy! I had gone to all kinds of trouble to keep them from finding me and one of them rang my dang home phone! LOL

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#77614 Dec 9, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
Here's a new one. Most people consider jet fuel to be highly flammable and very high octane gas. Yesterday through the course of conversation with a friend I learned jet fuel is basically kerosene.
Awww yes jet fuel is nothing but high grade kerosene.

#77616 Dec 9, 2012
OPEN wrote:
<quoted text>
We are now in an unprecedented age of surveillance that even George Orwell could not have envisioned.
1. Your cell phone is a GPS tracking device and all your texts and conversations are monitored and stored in a government data base.
2. Your computer is monitored and all your emails and all sites you visit are stored in a government data base.
3. All your credit card transactions are recorded and stored in a data base.
4. What you watch on television is also stored by the cable and satellite companies.
Basically EVERYTHING we do is tracked and recorded and it will only get worse as surveillance cameras will be placed throughout the country in addition to the drones flying over our heads.
You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have started making purchases the good old fashioned way again. USING CASH. This also means using NONE of those stupid rewards cards, either. Not the Kroger reward card, not the Speedy rewards card, NONE of them. Those "discount" cards along with either your debit or credit card, keeps track of everything you purchase. EVERYTHING.

I don't purchase my ammo unless it's with cash either. And now just today, I read a story about 'them' wanting everyone to show an ID when purchasing ammunition? Just wow..

They're taking our privacy and we're stupidly allowing it go on without realizing what the long term implications really are.

#77618 Dec 9, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I was saying! I'd for sure cover a dang webcam! LOL Let me tell you about this!...I use to do a lot of ministry work overseas online. I was doing a lot of stuff in terrorist countries. This guy from a country I was doing work in started calling my HOME PHONE. He would tell me that they had detected that I had a virus on my computer... blah blah blah. I forgot what he was asking for but some personal information. Of course I didn't tell him anything. He kept calling back. I finally started telling him that I didn't even have a damn computer and I did not know what he was talking about!!! LOL Finally he gave up and went away. I bet he hacked through my online work and got my number. I remember he kept wanting me to go on my computer when he called so he could "help me fix the problem" with my computer. Yeah riiiiight! lol That experience was a little too dang creepy! I had gone to all kinds of trouble to keep them from finding me and one of them rang my dang home phone! LOL
OMG~ He started calling you? Glad you were savvy enough to see through that. You go girl!!!

Unfortunately, some people aren't that intelligent. A good example would be that many of the elderly are getting computers or these 'smart' phones for the first time. My own mother had someone call her and ask for the last four digits and the security code from the back of one of her credit cards not long ago. Said they were from a very well known department store and had found a discrepancy on one of her recent transactions. Thankfully, we had drummed it into my Moms head that times have changed, or she could have been taken for a huge chunk of change, and then her ID possibly stolen.

You've got to be careful these days. Actually, you have to be overly careful.
Mr Potato head

Paducah, KY

#77625 Dec 9, 2012
I thought my computer had been hacked one time. It was a scary sight, my wife thought I had lost my mind. It scared me into thinking the worst. You know how your mind just isn't really rite when you are scared? I literally would not turn my computer on at all for about 6 or 7 months. I guess I just don't know enough about technology and electronics to do much more than type, post, ect. I too keep my cam covered on my laptop and phone. I don't have a smart phone, but it does have a camera. My wife said "well, your not doing anything wrong so why the paranoia all of a sudden"?? I told her it's not that, I don't know what's happened or who might have our information, pictures, hacked us or what have you. I got rid of that computer completely. We no longer pay bills or have any kind of information at all online. No way would I go thru that again! So I don't think you are silly at all for that. Too much can happen now and I'm not going to be a victim of identity theft or any other kind of victim for that matter if I can help it. You just never know who could be sitting on the other side of that keyboard.

Mchenry, IL

#77628 Dec 9, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG~ He started calling you? Glad you were savvy enough to see through that. You go girl!!!
Unfortunately, some people aren't that intelligent. A good example would be that many of the elderly are getting computers or these 'smart' phones for the first time. My own mother had someone call her and ask for the last four digits and the security code from the back of one of her credit cards not long ago. Said they were from a very well known department store and had found a discrepancy on one of her recent transactions. Thankfully, we had drummed it into my Moms head that times have changed, or she could have been taken for a huge chunk of change, and then her ID possibly stolen.
You've got to be careful these days. Actually, you have to be overly careful.
He sure did! Talking about a sinking feeling in your gut! LOL And the same guy kept calling back, plumb dang freaky! One time I had some foreign chick calling trying to get credit card numbers out of me. It was probably the same scam they tried on your mom. I had fun with her! LOL I would keep her on the phone forever giving her the run around and fake numbers. LOL She finally got disgusted with me, hung up on me and didn't call back. haaaa There is one scam that has been going on around here for at least a couple years. They call and say they can lower your interest rate. They make out like they are your credit card company but then they end up asking for your credit card numbers. I bet they have called here 20-30 times! I finally quit arguing with them and just started hanging up.

#77632 Dec 9, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure did! Talking about a sinking feeling in your gut! LOL And the same guy kept calling back, plumb dang freaky! One time I had some foreign chick calling trying to get credit card numbers out of me. It was probably the same scam they tried on your mom. I had fun with her! LOL I would keep her on the phone forever giving her the run around and fake numbers. LOL She finally got disgusted with me, hung up on me and didn't call back. haaaa There is one scam that has been going on around here for at least a couple years. They call and say they can lower your interest rate. They make out like they are your credit card company but then they end up asking for your credit card numbers. I bet they have called here 20-30 times! I finally quit arguing with them and just started hanging up.
You know how I stop those telemarketing calls now? I'll answer, push 1 and then 2 to get the live person on the other end because that's usually what they ask you to do anyway, then I'll set the phone down and walk off. Sometimes you can hear them keep saying "Hello? Hello?". I love it. Those calls eventually stopped around here.

Another good trick is when a web site wants information from you before you can "sign up", give a fake address and an odd version to a common name. Like say, "Vernon". Type in "Vermin" instead. Then when you get a call asking for "Vermin", you know exactly where, who and what happened that they got your number, ROFLMBO!! You can always tell them that "Vermin" passed away about a month ago if you really want to have fun with them...
:)

Mchenry, IL

#77635 Dec 9, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct on all counts. I have started making purchases the good old fashioned way again. USING CASH. This also means using NONE of those stupid rewards cards, either. Not the Kroger reward card, not the Speedy rewards card, NONE of them. Those "discount" cards along with either your debit or credit card, keeps track of everything you purchase. EVERYTHING.
I don't purchase my ammo unless it's with cash either. And now just today, I read a story about 'them' wanting everyone to show an ID when purchasing ammunition? Just wow..
They're taking our privacy and we're stupidly allowing it go on without
realizing what the long term implications really are.
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!

#77637 Dec 9, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I sat down one day and cut up all the credit cards and later the debit card. I still deposit my checks in the bank but I take out quite a bit in cash. A while ago I bought a house. I had the cash for the down payment and all of that but I had to show exactly where the cash came from. It was a good thing that I had taken out the cash and had it on record. I had to prove where the money came from or I couldn't buy the dang house! I don't know about y'all but I have been fed up with the government for a long time!
You just made me remember something similar that happened to me years ago when I went to purchase my first house. Had to show proof of where the down payment had coming from too! I'd completely forgotten all about that! Wow. You're right! That was years ago! YEARS, I tell ya. So it started that long ago and I'd forgotten...

Whew. Yep, we're all sinking and sinking fast. They've got us pinned as soon as a social security number gets issued in our name.

Mchenry, IL

#77638 Dec 9, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how I stop those telemarketing calls now? I'll answer, push 1 and then 2 to get the live person on the other end because that's usually what they ask you to do anyway, then I'll set the phone down and walk off. Sometimes you can hear them keep saying "Hello? Hello?". I love it. Those calls eventually stopped around here.
Another good trick is when a web site wants information from you before you can "sign up", give a fake address and an odd version to a common name. Like say, "Vernon". Type in "Vermin" instead. Then when you get a call asking for "Vermin", you know exactly where, who and what happened that they got your number, ROFLMBO!! You can always tell them that "Vermin" passed away about a month ago if you really want to have fun with them...
:)
LOL Funny! Some days I just like to have fun with them too. hehe I've got cell phones under different names and addresses. When I have to call them and they ask my name I think, "Oh crap who am I?!?" LOL

#77642 Dec 9, 2012
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Funny! Some days I just like to have fun with them too. hehe I've got cell phones under different names and addresses. When I have to call them and they ask my name I think, "Oh crap who am I?!?" LOL
ROFLMBO!! I love it! HAHA! I have a really odd last name and it's hard for people to pronounce. So when they get it wrong, I automatically know it's someone that shouldn't be contacting me anyway, hehe! That's how I came up with also using a misspelling of a first name too. It's a perfect "catch" for those sales calls and spam emails. I even have a web address that's strictly FOR spam catching, hehe. It took me a long time to finally get with the program by trial and error but now my personal email is spam free and the spam catching one, well it's probably overflowing and too full to take anything by now anyway, HAHA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min independent repub... 7,393
Shane Schrembs 2 hr Casket 2
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr butthead 1,073
Dead Beat DAD (Sep '11) 11 hr Know the truth 4
Kaley Cuoco's DECENT haircut 12 hr decent woman 1
Decapitated With a Walk Among the Tombstones in... 16 hr Culture Auditor 1
Fern Creek Shooter Captured At Park at Hurstbou... 18 hr Curious 3
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Sep 27 OOPS 251
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE