Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,287)

Showing posts 65,721 - 65,740 of81,196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
umm

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.
Tornados can happen at any time of the year.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
If I had a camera I could take a picture of these five smart deer that are munching grass on my lawn, while the muzzle loader deer hunters are out squatting in some rain soaked tree in the woods LOL
Today is my last day of posting. I would like you to know that your story about your life has inspired me beyond belief. My Beloved Aunt passed away last year after turning 57 years, actually a month after her birthday. Her husband passed away this year. She left me with cherished memories and provided a love that is green as the grass and rich as fertile soil. She decided to give up smoking, a a month from her year of not smoking, she had a stroke. I detected life in her body; however, my uncle refused to have a feeding tube inserted and she died. What killed her? I've heard going off cigarettes cold turkey might possible lead to a stroke especially after smoking for years. When my dear Aunt was in her early 40s and going through hormonal changes she said this: I've been out of sorts lately so if I'm kind of grouchy I'm sorry. Try not pay attention to me. Of course, I held on to her every word, she was loving and kind. This is what my point is: Negativity around one' does a person no good whatsoever. If we don't extract ourselves from it, the aura of negative energy will bounce right into our daily life. So, simply put : Thank you for your pleasant and warm stories. May the rest of your days be filled with peace and happiness. And Love always warm your hearth...It has been interesting meeting you if only on a thread.
umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I've seen 3 Tornados in hit Arizona in 2 weeks. This was in the dead of winter. The temp was only 28 to 36 when they hit.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I do not believe we can ever "extract" ourselves from the negativity that surrounds us everywhere (including this thread), but we can rise above it and not participate or propigate. A fire left without adding fuel or oxygen will smoulder and go out on it's own.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I do not believe we can ever "extract" ourselves from the negativity that surrounds us everywhere (including this thread), but we can rise above it and not participate or propigate. A fire left without adding fuel or oxygen will smoulder and go out on it's own.
Hi Ancient Wolf, the chilly rainy day turned into a sunny day with a slight chill in the air. Lots of BIRDS out chirping like it is Spring. I met friends and one sister at local sports bar all dressed in BLUE to watch the Wildcats try and redeem themselve. Good food, laughs, and cheers for the Big Blue. It was a better game, but they have lots to work on. I bet it will be by March. It was after all the number 1 recruiting team in the country. They didn't do too bad in their losses considering they are mostly freshman. I have always bled BLUE, win or lose, ranked or not, lousy coach or Coach Cal. lol Had to leave early so I could come home, get a few things done, and get ready for my special night out I have looked forward to all week. Having a glass of tea, relaxing, then off to get ready and enjoy a wonderful evening.

I hate to see raven leave the thread like so many others, but can't say I blame any of them. It was a good thread and now it is dying a slow death, no doubt. It was good while it lasted. I won't be participating in the mud slinging anymore. Sorry I stooped down to their level.

Hope you have a wonderful evening.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I don't agree that the thread is dying or that it was always good LOL If you recall I argued with the Anagrammer early on until we both decided it was not worth the effort since neither of us was going to change our opinions. LOL

The thread is dynamic and changing and we can either adapt, ignore, or move on. I have gleaned enough good and choose to ignore the mud slinging as much as possible or skip by those things that don't interest me.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Just so happens that lately I have been thinking about cutting some of the negative out of my own life. I hate it and I don't understand how it can make some people so happy just being mean and negative to other people for no reason whatsoever. I don't get it and I never will. I look around and I see this country/world going down so fast! Sometimes I wonder just how bad it can get. I don't get how people can be so nasty to other people and obviously hurt them with total disregard. I have seen this even under tragic circumstances such as when a family loses a loved one. Even then people will say and do the cruelest things to people whose hearts are already completely broken. It does not matter if you know the person or not or even if you do know them and literally hated them, how people are so cruel is beyond me. They have no conscience and no heart. Personally I don't even want to know those kind of people. Of course we all have a bad day. Of course there are people that we just CAN NOT get along with. Of course some days we are just grouchy, hormonal or whatever. Still, it's no excuse to be cruel to people. People who consider them selves to be a Christian and behave like that, if their conscience does not bother them they might ought to question their salvation. Because if a Christian treats somebody badly, the Holy Spirit will no doubt cause your conscience to get to you in a bad way!

I'm just tired of the negative not only on this thread but everywhere.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to see raven leave the thread like so many others, but can't say I blame any of them. It was a good thread and now it is dying a slow death, no doubt. It was good while it lasted. I won't be participating in the mud slinging anymore. Sorry I stooped down to their level.
AB I don't want to choose sides or join the fight but it really looks pretty obvious to me that if you would just TOTALLY ignore those people they would have to get bored and give up.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
AB I don't want to choose sides or join the fight but it really looks pretty obvious to me that if you would just TOTALLY ignore those people they would have to get bored and give up.
That's almost word for word what I said on here many months ago. I advised people NOT to reply, NOT to acknowledged the vulgar comments that are offensive, and to just let the hogwash rotate in the orbit of the internet until a mod wandered over to take a look around from time to time...

I know of at least three times where it was obvious that the mods came in this thread to stealthily clean things up on a daily basis. They kept it clear for a few weeks or more on every occasion... Then they abruptly stopped. Now the way I see it with using common logic, they probably realized that it was a waste of their time because of the taunting that was dished out toward the very people who were being labeled as the abusive ones. Why keep trying to keep it cordial in here once the people doing the complaining were the ones who then started to taunt the ones who'd had their content taken down?

You can't feasibly expect the mods to continue babysitting a thread when the same people who are requesting their help continue the taunting toward the users who they want to see reprimanded and/or banned.

It's not hard to police your fingers and keep yourself from replying to anything vulgar on here. If you can't help yourself, then use your fingers for placing feedback so they know that there is a comment that needs their attention.
Debate is one thing. Taunting is quite another, and quite childish as well.

I don't intend to be rude to a single one of you on here, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I just calls 'em like I see 'em. If we want to see this thread come back to life and get back on track, then we have to be the ones to keep it alive and on track. Maybe once that's accomplished, the regulars will come back and we can carry on with a thread that was so enjoyable at one time.

_-_Nope_-_
(Still residing in the land of the logical).

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

By the way, yeah, I'm back and it was a wonderful trip. Saw SO many shooting stars and wildlife! The trip was much needed.. Can't wait to do it again, probably this spring when the dogwoods start to bloom
Ur the best rapper ever!

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Birds dead yet

Level 2

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

umm wrote:
I've seen 3 Tornados in hit Arizona in 2 weeks. This was in the dead of winter. The temp was only 28 to 36 when they hit.
Being the weather buff that I am, when I read a post like yours I immediately start researching. Please direct me to news stories about these tornadoes you reference.

A tornado touching down anywhere with those temps is practically unheard of, let alone three.
Mariner

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
As usual, you are full of wisdom. Negativity begets more negativity. Sometimes I am guilty of adding a few coals to the fire, but I rarely do so. Having a positive attitude has helped me on many occasions. I'll bet dog does not want to visit the tree too often in this cold, damp weather. Stein likes curling up on the bed, with his head on a pillow. We share an afternoon nap as we get older.

Level 2

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Interesting little clip.

http://gizmodo.com/5862229/this-unreal-slow+m...

Level 2

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Well yes your opinion is a lot less valuable than most. But then that is just my opinion.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are guilty, Uglylala. Your trolling and abusive behavior backfired on you.
Yes, that is my post above. Hubby just forgot to sign out and I did not sign in. I do not wish to hurt anyone's feelings.Sorry if I offended you or anyone else. That's not my usual style. Bye for now.
Belie

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ancient Wolf, the chilly rainy day turned into a sunny day with a slight chill in the air. Lots of BIRDS out chirping like it is Spring. I met friends and one sister at local sports bar all dressed in BLUE to watch the Wildcats try and redeem themselve. Good food, laughs, and cheers for the Big Blue. It was a better game, but they have lots to work on. I bet it will be by March. It was after all the number 1 recruiting team in the country. They didn't do too bad in their losses considering they are mostly freshman. I have always bled BLUE, win or lose, ranked or not, lousy coach or Coach Cal. lol Had to leave early so I could come home, get a few things done, and get ready for my special night out I have looked forward to all week. Having a glass of tea, relaxing, then off to get ready and enjoy a wonderful evening.
I hate to see raven leave the thread like so many others, but can't say I blame any of them. It was a good thread and now it is dying a slow death, no doubt. It was good while it lasted. I won't be participating in the mud slinging anymore. Sorry I stooped down to their level.
Sometimes we have to go though a time of darkness before we arrive at the light. Be patient, I think the light is near.
owl

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't agree that the thread is dying or that it was always good LOL If you recall I argued with the Anagrammer early on until we both decided it was not worth the effort since neither of us was going to change our opinions. LOL
The thread is dynamic and changing and we can either adapt, ignore, or move on. I have gleaned enough good and choose to ignore the mud slinging as much as possible or skip by those things that don't interest me.
Sometimes arguing is necessary before you can agree.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes arguing is necessary before you can agree.
We have only agreed to quit arguing and to be more cordial. I still don't agree with some of your opinions nor do you agree with mine. LOL But if we all held the same opinions, life would be most boring.
owl

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
We have only agreed to quit arguing and to be more cordial. I still don't agree with some of your opinions nor do you agree with mine.
such as...?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,721 - 65,740 of81,196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance