Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,634

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anonymous

Louisville, KY

#77239 Dec 8, 2012
Government has been spraying the sky's with harmful chemicals. I have pictures of planes flying by Mercer with purple trails? Ihave proof!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77240 Dec 8, 2012
Good morning to the good folks, let's get this day going, time waits for no man and very few women.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77241 Dec 8, 2012
lilshortguy wrote:
Government has been spraying the sky's with harmful chemicals. I have pictures of planes flying by Mercer with purple trails? Ihave proof!
A Doubting Thomas would ask what proof do those the pictures offer that it is the government ? or harmful ? or photo shopped ? or residue from the one-eyed, one-horned, flying "Purple People Eater" ?

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#77242 Dec 8, 2012
You get a whole different view of people "child". As years go by. The reflection comes in clear Pictures have No secrets.The people in them do.

Nothing happens when you sit at home.I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times...I just shoot at what interest me at that moment.

When this is all said and done I'll be happier than a bird with a french fry.

No need for violence.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77244 Dec 8, 2012
If I had a camera I could take a picture of these five smart deer that are munching grass on my lawn, while the muzzle loader deer hunters are out squatting in some rain soaked tree in the woods LOL
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

#77245 Dec 8, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Good morning to the good folks, let's get this day going, time waits for no man and very few women.
It better wait! You know how a lot of us women are always late! LOL
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

#77246 Dec 8, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
5am here, so now I can use the dog's need to go to the tree to cover my own needs. LOL
My friend came and I had fixed a nice dinner, then we watched the History channel's presentation on FDR and an hour by hour tracking of the 24 hours following Pearl Harbor.
All his speech writers were out of town and he was up at midnight writing his own now famous 6 minute speech to Congress. He wanted it to be brief and to energize the country and his biggest concern was to "lock in" his polio braces and make it to the podium without falling down. He did not want to portray to our allies and enemies that the country had a weak President. Then we watched "Pearl Harbor" the movie on my VCR.
It appears that a few antagonistic "bombs" were dropped on this thread that made little to no impact since they were all DUDS, and as usual just "fizzled out".
Good morning Ancient Wolf (and everyone else). I take it you enjoyed your movie night with your friend, that's good.:) No doubt your programs sound like they were very interesting.
I made the mistake of reading most of those "antagonistic bombs" last night before they were removed. I don't plan on making that mistake again.:(
Well I've got to get it in gear. The boyfriend is bringing us breakfast this morning. Got to hop in the shower and get a little more presentable, don't want to scare him! lol Have a great day!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#77248 Dec 8, 2012
Nice and cloudy. Makes me want to go take a nap. I won't but I do want to. No birds out yet.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#77250 Dec 8, 2012
Isn't that Special??
Carbon yummy

Princeton, KY

#77252 Dec 8, 2012
life wrote:
It's a sign of what's to come! When we lose our natural inhabitants, It's usually not a good looking outcome for the rest of us. Lets keep drilling for oil and creating the next precription medication!....Because we need it.
YES, even though no causal links between any of this and birds dying, we must stop having oil and medicine, but KEEP having Desolate Housewives, Jersey Shore, Nurse Jackie, Glee, and all of the celebrities jetting around the country like kings. Harrison Ford takes jet rides to buy hamburgers!!
Carbon yummy

Princeton, KY

#77253 Dec 8, 2012
local scientist wrote:
I really do think its from the changing cold weather...it's absolutely horrible, but these birds cant keep their body temp up. Florida has had ice and the birds dont have a place to migrate. We've had some extrememe weather lately. While there have not been many tornadoes, we have had an almost record low along with near record high and low temperatures within the last few weeks. I'm sure this has been too much for the poor little bird's bodies...along with other small bodies associated with higher altitudes such as insects. Just my thoughts
WHOOOAAAAA--- Florida has had ICE? A whoo a Whatt? which lakes are frozen and when? our weather has not been substantially different than any other time despite what wolf the kibbitzer blintzer might tell you on CNN or slymey lymey Piers Morgan moans about on Mess NBC.

EVERY FREAKING WINTER the poor little birds' bodies fly south, don't cha know? you know, migration!!??
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#77258 Dec 8, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
If I had a camera I could take a picture of these five smart deer that are munching grass on my lawn, while the muzzle loader deer hunters are out squatting in some rain soaked tree in the woods LOL
Good morning Ancient Wolf. I agree. Same here. It always makes me smile when I see them knowing the orange vest with their big guns are stomping around the woods and the deer have moved out of range where they know they don't hunt. Pretty smart deer huh? Still don't know how they can kill them with those big brown eyes looking at them. lol I could see it if it was a matter of starving or kill a deer. But then I couldn't kill any animal.

I hope you and dog have a super Saturday. Sounds like you had a great Friday evening. I plan to tonight.:) I stayed home last night to rest, watch TV, and spar with the stooges for awhile, thus, the big gaps included me. hahaha

Enjoy your day!
umm

Paducah, KY

#77264 Dec 8, 2012
wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.
Tornados can happen at any time of the year.
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#77266 Dec 8, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Today is my last day of posting. I would like you to know that your story about your life has inspired me beyond belief. My Beloved Aunt passed away last year after turning 57 years, actually a month after her birthday. Her husband passed away this year. She left me with cherished memories and provided a love that is green as the grass and rich as fertile soil. She decided to give up smoking, a a month from her year of not smoking, she had a stroke. I detected life in her body; however, my uncle refused to have a feeding tube inserted and she died. What killed her? I've heard going off cigarettes cold turkey might possible lead to a stroke especially after smoking for years. When my dear Aunt was in her early 40s and going through hormonal changes she said this: I've been out of sorts lately so if I'm kind of grouchy I'm sorry. Try not pay attention to me. Of course, I held on to her every word, she was loving and kind. This is what my point is: Negativity around one' does a person no good whatsoever. If we don't extract ourselves from it, the aura of negative energy will bounce right into our daily life. So, simply put : Thank you for your pleasant and warm stories. May the rest of your days be filled with peace and happiness. And Love always warm your hearth...It has been interesting meeting you if only on a thread.
umm

United States

#77267 Dec 8, 2012
I've seen 3 Tornados in hit Arizona in 2 weeks. This was in the dead of winter. The temp was only 28 to 36 when they hit.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77272 Dec 8, 2012
I do not believe we can ever "extract" ourselves from the negativity that surrounds us everywhere (including this thread), but we can rise above it and not participate or propigate. A fire left without adding fuel or oxygen will smoulder and go out on it's own.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#77273 Dec 8, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I do not believe we can ever "extract" ourselves from the negativity that surrounds us everywhere (including this thread), but we can rise above it and not participate or propigate. A fire left without adding fuel or oxygen will smoulder and go out on it's own.
Hi Ancient Wolf, the chilly rainy day turned into a sunny day with a slight chill in the air. Lots of BIRDS out chirping like it is Spring. I met friends and one sister at local sports bar all dressed in BLUE to watch the Wildcats try and redeem themselve. Good food, laughs, and cheers for the Big Blue. It was a better game, but they have lots to work on. I bet it will be by March. It was after all the number 1 recruiting team in the country. They didn't do too bad in their losses considering they are mostly freshman. I have always bled BLUE, win or lose, ranked or not, lousy coach or Coach Cal. lol Had to leave early so I could come home, get a few things done, and get ready for my special night out I have looked forward to all week. Having a glass of tea, relaxing, then off to get ready and enjoy a wonderful evening.

I hate to see raven leave the thread like so many others, but can't say I blame any of them. It was a good thread and now it is dying a slow death, no doubt. It was good while it lasted. I won't be participating in the mud slinging anymore. Sorry I stooped down to their level.

Hope you have a wonderful evening.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77274 Dec 8, 2012
I don't agree that the thread is dying or that it was always good LOL If you recall I argued with the Anagrammer early on until we both decided it was not worth the effort since neither of us was going to change our opinions. LOL

The thread is dynamic and changing and we can either adapt, ignore, or move on. I have gleaned enough good and choose to ignore the mud slinging as much as possible or skip by those things that don't interest me.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

#77275 Dec 8, 2012
Just so happens that lately I have been thinking about cutting some of the negative out of my own life. I hate it and I don't understand how it can make some people so happy just being mean and negative to other people for no reason whatsoever. I don't get it and I never will. I look around and I see this country/world going down so fast! Sometimes I wonder just how bad it can get. I don't get how people can be so nasty to other people and obviously hurt them with total disregard. I have seen this even under tragic circumstances such as when a family loses a loved one. Even then people will say and do the cruelest things to people whose hearts are already completely broken. It does not matter if you know the person or not or even if you do know them and literally hated them, how people are so cruel is beyond me. They have no conscience and no heart. Personally I don't even want to know those kind of people. Of course we all have a bad day. Of course there are people that we just CAN NOT get along with. Of course some days we are just grouchy, hormonal or whatever. Still, it's no excuse to be cruel to people. People who consider them selves to be a Christian and behave like that, if their conscience does not bother them they might ought to question their salvation. Because if a Christian treats somebody badly, the Holy Spirit will no doubt cause your conscience to get to you in a bad way!

I'm just tired of the negative not only on this thread but everywhere.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

#77276 Dec 8, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to see raven leave the thread like so many others, but can't say I blame any of them. It was a good thread and now it is dying a slow death, no doubt. It was good while it lasted. I won't be participating in the mud slinging anymore. Sorry I stooped down to their level.
Hope you have a wonderful evening.
AB I don't want to choose sides or join the fight but it really looks pretty obvious to me that if you would just TOTALLY ignore those people they would have to get bored and give up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 min DITCH MITCH 5,068
Anyone know someone who has lost a finger or toe? 9 hr Dr J 1
girl nicknamed blue 10 hr bigpoppa 3
Arrest made in connection with Hazel Street sho... 13 hr frankie 1
diamond cabaret strip club 14 hr Lol 6
Louisville Topix Legend, Flat Top Freddie has r... 14 hr Flat Top Freddie 6
Muhlenberg Co. home invasion suspect shot by de... 16 hr No tats 34
•••
•••
•••