Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,278)

Showing posts 65,541 - 65,560 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

CrazyasUR wrote:
<quoted text>Chemtrails are similar to the radio waves the government uses for mind control. Only a few people are aware of such things. Most are confined in mental hospitals.
Our aluminum hat made from tin foil protects us from the radio waves. Can't decide what to do about the chemtrails. The government just keeps getting smarter all the time in their attempts to get us! lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
Here's an off the wall thought, do y'all remember the "Wonderful World of Disney" show that came on every Sunday (?) night? Oh that was great, one of the highlights of the week! lol
Right before or after Ed Sullivan and Topo Gigo.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved Hoss! He always seemed so sweet on the show. But I do recall one time I was going to run away and go marry Little Joe. lol But turns out Michael Landon (Little Joe) wasn't so nice. There was a man who worked on the set of his show, Highway to Heaven, who had a bad stuttering problem. In a documentary about Landon they said that he would tease that man really badly, just tormment the poor guy. Because of that I don't even care to watch any of his shows anymore. Don't you just hate it when somebody you like such as that turns out to be a jerk or just let's you down in some way? Another example is the dad on the Brady Bunch. Who would have thought he was gay! And Rock Hudson, another young girl's let down! lol I do still love the Brady Bunch though. ;)
I know my gal, but Hoss always had my heart.... Just like Nick on Big Valley.. Dont make men like that anymore. You know the ones that have a heart and can really fight for ya and defend you at the same time... I guess were lucky these days to find either one . Maybe the horse thing always got me too, you know cowboys on horses and all..lol
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved Hoss! He always seemed so sweet on the show. But I do recall one time I was going to run away and go marry Little Joe. lol But turns out Michael Landon (Little Joe) wasn't so nice. There was a man who worked on the set of his show, Highway to Heaven, who had a bad stuttering problem. In a documentary about Landon they said that he would tease that man really badly, just tormment the poor guy. Because of that I don't even care to watch any of his shows anymore. Don't you just hate it when somebody you like such as that turns out to be a jerk or just let's you down in some way? Another example is the dad on the Brady Bunch. Who would have thought he was gay! And Rock Hudson, another young girl's let down! lol I do still love the Brady Bunch though. ;)
It's not the being gay or homosexual that I have a problem. Most folks want to push their "rights" on everybody when I could care less. Unfortunately, the lack of empathy, respect, and common courtesy has always been an issue with humans. I know, several people from the West Coast who think everything they say and do is the right way. And we Folks, here, in this region shouldn't be so rude. For instance, my family needs to call before they stop by because in California and Nevada it's protocol to call before visiting. My grandparents always treated their step grandchildren like the biological ones. Some people go as far as making an obvious difference between them.I'm a rational adult with a heart and brain that function together so I can overlook the inconsiderate, hateful and unjust human being. The children's well being is my priority. Why can't people just be happy. I'm around this type of miserable person and undoubtedly her barbs and attitude border on rude sometimes. The son excuses this behavior as " a lot of people misunderstand her; she has good intentions." Well, I discovered long ago you have to live with your actions. Now, she has to practically beg the other child to visit her because he has little to do with her as possible. I think, we reap what we sow.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Day fine ones, the day calls..
The most important part of vehicle maintenance is clean windows - so if you are broken down, you can still enjoy the beauty of the view.
Dan Eldon
Thank the Lord up above for hand sanitazer, it has cleaned mine many times, cause I had nothing else, in my car. Because heaven knows my window is the only thing that never broke on my car. Although , I never really looked at the rear view mirror like I should though, if we could see what we are fixing to hit, then maybe we all would avoid alot of crap...
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Raven wrote:
<quoted text> It's not the being gay or homosexual that I have a problem. Most folks want to push their "rights" on everybody when I could care less. Unfortunately, the lack of empathy, respect, and common courtesy has always been an issue with humans. I know, several people from the West Coast who think everything they say and do is the right way. And we Folks, here, in this region shouldn't be so rude. For instance, my family needs to call before they stop by because in California and Nevada it's protocol to call before visiting. My grandparents always treated their step grandchildren like the biological ones. Some people go as far as making an obvious difference between them.I'm a rational adult with a heart and brain that function together so I can overlook the inconsiderate, hateful and unjust human being. The children's well being is my priority. Why can't people just be happy. I'm around this type of miserable person and undoubtedly her barbs and attitude border on rude sometimes. The son excuses this behavior as " a lot of people misunderstand her; she has good intentions." Well, I discovered long ago you have to live with your actions. Now, she has to practically beg the other child to visit her because he has little to do with her as possible. I think, we reap what we sow.
Sounds like you have got your hands full! Stand your ground and try not to let it get to you too bad. I find that a lot of times the best way to deal with some people is to keep a lot of distance between me and them. You might have to point out to her where she is wrong. Some people have never had anybody do that! No doubt she will think she is right. I feel for you.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

so true wrote:
<quoted text>I know my gal, but Hoss always had my heart.... Just like Nick on Big Valley.. Dont make men like that anymore. You know the ones that have a heart and can really fight for ya and defend you at the same time... I guess were lucky these days to find either one . Maybe the horse thing always got me too, you know cowboys on horses and all..lol
No more hardworking cowboys to interest us. I watch Longmire and get somewhat more sentimental about those old days, the earthiness of the characters on the show. I loved Loren Greene and Victor French. Nothing like Wagon Train and Rawhide. Boring, the intellectual might say. Getting back to my roots, I acknowledge. Most of the shows on the Telly . I have a place in the Ol ticker for Mark Harmon so I do catch NCIS. The cast has a great repertoire and act well. It's like Sanka Folks, goood to the last drop.
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

so true wrote:
<quoted text>I know my gal, but Hoss always had my heart.... Just like Nick on Big Valley.. Dont make men like that anymore. You know the ones that have a heart and can really fight for ya and defend you at the same time... I guess were lucky these days to find either one . Maybe the horse thing always got me too, you know cowboys on horses and all..lol
Oh yeah, the cowboy thing always got me too.:) Yeah I have one of those guys, a big ol guy with a huge, huge heart but would fight in a minute over the right thing. Plumb dang sexy! lol

Later all, the day calls!
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I meant modern Telly shows have become unrealistic and not in the least interesting. Well, I guess, we got our piece of raw, western cowboy right here on the forum, AW. That hat and those moccasins now that's the real deal. And Gentlemanly to boot no acting involved. Hehe.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
<quoted text> No more hardworking cowboys to interest us. I watch Longmire and get somewhat more sentimental about those old days, the earthiness of the characters on the show. I loved Loren Greene and Victor French. Nothing like Wagon Train and Rawhide. Boring, the intellectual might say. Getting back to my roots, I acknowledge. Most of the shows on the Telly . I have a place in the Ol ticker for Mark Harmon so I do catch NCIS. The cast has a great repertoire and act well. It's like Sanka Folks, goood to the last drop.
I thought it was Maxwell House. MY favorite all time line in a movie was spoken by black actor Roscoe Lee Brown (Mr. Nightlinger) in John Wayne's movie "The Cowboys" when he told that old hooker Madame "I have the inclination and the where with all, but I just don't have the time" LOL... Now that is hard working.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Good morning topix friends. Cool, foggy morning, but the birds are still singing and bouncing off the feeder.

Last night had some good discussions about the chemtrails and the stooges trying the patience of the mods. Note 10-20 posts missing between posts. I applaud the mods. Especially junior spinning his name and location and being removed immediately. Quite amusing and here they are still first thing this morning slandering me like it was my fault. I am not a mod, but I appreciate them removing the nasty comments. They missed the last couple out of Manchester. If anyone needed to be committed it would be those three.

Ancient Wolf, I am grateful that they have TVLand that shows all the classic old shows I remember watching as a child growing up with Mom and Dad. Of course Dad loved Bonanza, Rawhide, and all the westerns. No violence, sex or filthy language. Great concept huh? Those days are gone.

Hopefully we can get somemore interesting comments on the chemtrails now that others have noticed and have looked them up for themselves. I still lean towards the aluminum and barium acts like little mirrors when spread in the atmosphere that will reflect solar flares or a possible EMP attack out towards space. That makes the most sense to me from all my research last year. Aluminum and barium is not good, as it causes lots of problems, respiratory, dementia, etc..

I wonder what happen to MR X and Tollesboro Guy, they had some intriguing things to say. Especially MR X, who claimed he took his black suit off and walked away when he found out what they were doing and going to do. Wish they would come back and tell us somemore....if they can.:)

@Nope: about a year ago it was reported in southern Hardin County from a woman that her young daughter was playing in her back yard and came running to her mother with a hand full of what she discribed as "spider web thingies" and when ask what it was and where did she get it the little girl said it was coming from the planes and pointed to the sky. The mother noticed that it was spread along the fence line and in some of the trees and bushes. No explanation from authorities when reported. Go figure. May have been similiar to what you discribed. I haven't seen anything like that. Hope I don't. She said it looked like the stuff people string on trees and bushes at Halloween. Scary.

I have some bills to go pay on my way to work, so you stooges have fun at my expense. While you are trashing me, you leave someone else alone and I think it is funny, a little creepy too, that you obsess so much.

Have a great day, stooges not so much.

"CLICK"
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have got your hands full! Stand your ground and try not to let it get to you too bad. I find that a lot of times the best way to deal with some people is to keep a lot of distance between me and them. You might have to point out to her where she is wrong. Some people have never had anybody do that! No doubt she will think she is right. I feel for you.
The Ol bird can be nice if she wants. It's the rude behavior. I take her shopping several times a month. Yes, I've had to distance myself from her for sanity's sake. I like to stay positive and focused and her muttering sidetrack me. So, I'm taking care of myself and mine. Sounds like you have a bit of that phooey in your life also. Good luck to you as well. I'll survive. LOL.And no, it doesn't matter to tell her she's wrong. I can admit; she can't. I'm just afraid of losing her son over a future battle if one incurs. But I'll not push the ox before the cart.'fraid I'd lose the battle...Distance is best, I agree;)
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was Maxwell House. MY favorite all time line in a movie was spoken by black actor Roscoe Lee Brown (Mr. Nightlinger) in John Wayne's movie "The Cowboys" when he told that old hooker Madame "I have the inclination and the where with all, but I just don't have the time" LOL... Now that is hard working.
Well, I think money wise in those days actors weren't paid well. I agree though with that line about the Madame. Seems another Ol cowboy used it before. Just can't remember who. All I know, it sure was unexpected and comical to hear the actor say those words. I thought was that rehearsed or were those his word. LOL.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Bye bye

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Just watching for birds. Wonder where they went.
Harry

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I was 15 and moved to Philly from Texas. I had a pretty strong accent and had never been out of the state before so I didn't know what to expect socially. On my first day of school I had the bad judgement to wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey thinking people will just laugh. Throughout the day, I got a few dirty looks and a few "you've got balls" comments. Last period goes by and I'm waiting for my bus out front when this huge guido comes up and starts talking shit. I tell him to piss up a rope and he knocks me out in one punch. He gets suspended and I'm told not to antagonize things.

Time goes by and he's a constant pain in my life bullying me around on a weekly basis. He outweighed me by about 75 pounds thanks to his steroid use and had a temper to match. I got my ass kicked many times thanks to him and his manipulations. We graduate and I don't see him for a few years.

I had always been into cooking and decided that's what I wanted to do with my life so I went to culinary school and started working in the industry. I worked my way up the ladder quickly thanks to focus, a willingness to sacrifice a social life and hard work. A few years later I was the executive chef of a small bistro and we had a policy of taking a prisoner on work release from the county jail as part of a rehabilitation program. The owner was a great guy who grew up without guidance and made some bad decisions early in life that got him thrown in jail for a few years. He got out, got a job as a dishwasher where the owner of that place saw some promise and took him under his wing giving him the life lessons he never got from his family and so on. This was his way of paying forward what he got. We had gone through a few guys that seemed to do well and so far the program was working out well. One day we were slated to get a new guy and guess who walks in the door... He doesn't notice me at first but then is introduced to me as his direct boss. The owner starts to introduce me but I interrupt saying that we already know each other quite well and need no introductions. I told the owner about our history not leaving any details out and he asks me what I want to do. I tell him give me a few minutes in the walk in (large walk in refrigerator that is soundproof) with him and it's all good. I take him in there and ask him why he was in jail and where he was in his head. I also told him how I would treat him was up to him and that this could go well or he could turn right around and go right back to jail. He ended up breaking down and spilling his heart out. Between drugs, an abusive household and having no real friends in school due to a total lack of social skills, he had no idea how to have a real relationship. He told me that the days he would kick my ass were the days after his old man would beat him when he got drunk. His life just went downhill after school and he ended up getting busted for dealing. I told him to clean himself up and I'd do my best to show him how to get his shit together. He ended up being one of the hardest workers I have ever seen. Five years later he ended up being my sous chef. He has his own restaurant now and we guest chef at each other's place all the time. I wouldn't trade his friendship for the world.
W KY Girl

Le Claire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
<quoted text> The Ol bird can be nice if she wants. It's the rude behavior. I take her shopping several times a month. Yes, I've had to distance myself from her for sanity's sake. I like to stay positive and focused and her muttering sidetrack me. So, I'm taking care of myself and mine. Sounds like you have a bit of that phooey in your life also. Good luck to you as well. I'll survive. LOL.And no, it doesn't matter to tell her she's wrong. I can admit; she can't. I'm just afraid of losing her son over a future battle if one incurs. But I'll not push the ox before the cart.'fraid I'd lose the battle...Distance is best, I agree;)
Oh yeah, I have family drama too! More than my share in my opinion! lol I have been done crappy for a long time but this past year broke the camel's back if you know what I mean. Our thing is that I take care of everybody when they need it and have for years and years BUT when it comes time for me to need a little help (with something that is actually ALL our responsibility), too bad it's all still on me to take care of. I just got totally fed up and when I let it be known you would have thought I was the most evil person in the world! I sure do wish I had set some boundaries years ago. It might have saved some hard feelings that I really hate having.
Think hard about what's going on in your life (even the little things) and choose your moves wisely. I wish somebody had told me that about 30 years ago. lol
W KY Girl

Le Claire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
I meant modern Telly shows have become unrealistic and not in the least interesting. Well, I guess, we got our piece of raw, western cowboy right here on the forum, AW. That hat and those moccasins now that's the real deal. And Gentlemanly to boot no acting involved. Hehe.
Oh yeah, I think AW would be a real catch for somebody... but shhh don't tell him I said that. lol I know it, I don't like shows/movies that couldn't possibly ever happen in real life. I like realistic stuff, it makes me think. I guess overall, some of my favorite shows are the Madea movies. She acts like I want to. hehehe The way Uncle Joe acts kind of reminds me of my boyfriend. lol But he's not that perverted thank God.:)
W KY Girl

Le Claire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Harry wrote:
.......Between drugs, an abusive household and having no real friends in school due to a total lack of social skills, he had no idea how to have a real relationship. He told me that the days he would kick my ass were the days after his old man would beat him when he got drunk. His life just went downhill after school and he ended up getting busted for dealing. I told him to clean himself up and I'd do my best to show him how to get his shit together. He ended up being one of the hardest workers I have ever seen. Five years later he ended up being my sous chef. He has his own restaurant now and we guest chef at each other's place all the time. I wouldn't trade his friendship for the world.
Now that is a great story! You never know why some people act the way they do. Probably most of the time there is something behind it. Somebody ought to make your story into a movie.
W KY Girl

Le Claire, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Later all...got to get up and get busy! Take care and have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,541 - 65,560 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance