Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76386 Dec 3, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
I was frying the brain thinking of some old tv series that I recall watching like F-Troop,,Have Gun Will Travel,,My Mother the Car,,Petticoat Junction,,Sea Hunt,,, but who could forget the Elvira mistress of darkness ! She was smokin back in the day.
Car 54, where are you?
Yancey Derringer
Johnny Yuma
Dragnet
Beverly Hillbillies
Green Acres
Cheyene
Lawman
The Big Valley
The High Chapparel
continuing ancient wolf

Friendsville, TN

#76389 Dec 3, 2012
Rawhide
Gunsmoke
Have Gun Will Travel
Wagon Train
Johnny Yuma (?)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76390 Dec 3, 2012
continuing ancient wolf wrote:
Rawhide
Gunsmoke
Have Gun Will Travel
Wagon Train
Johnny Yuma (?)
Rawhide was probably one of Clint Eastwood's first. He played the role of Rowdy Yates, the ramrod. Eric Fleming was the trail boss, Gil Favor. "Head em up, Move em out".

Johnny Yuma was "The Rebel".. I think that was Nick Adams. It was only on for a couple seasons.

Lee Majors early role was as the half brother Heath Barkley in the Big Valley.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76391 Dec 3, 2012
Ward Bond was the Wagon Master on Wagon Train. Probably his only lead role even though he appeared in more westerns than anyone, having been in most all of John Wayne's westerns plus many more.
jessie

Warrensburg, MO

#76392 Dec 3, 2012
If the birds all dropped at once that is definetly something else because even if it was starvation or chemicals they would die seperatly not all at once. weird
Marty

United States

#76394 Dec 3, 2012
Not my problem it,s my neighbers trees and their damn birds i don,t have any trees a small bush or two,all mine died years ago,damn neighbers feed the bastards and they fly back and forth acroos my damn truck and crap in between,oh hell what can you do but complain. Well i don,t have anything but digital tv local i am tired of them showing the shows over and over again put on something new, doesn,t matter though damn signal goes out every half hour or so,200.00 bucks for an outside antenna and the s.o.b won,t work worth a crap.!!
raven wrote:
<quoted text> Now, the pad for my car was poured when I moved here so I can't help but park under a tree. All I can say is they're the smart ones because the know where to perch. We humans on the other hand,do the greater injustice of interfering with their spots. It was their residence before we took over with our high and mighty human ways.Little, dirty birds. Pitiful.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#76403 Dec 3, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO
I thought a bif FAART was after me the other night but it turned out to be a gas well operation shooting rock. LOL I thought I'd had the lick.
I'm glad you are alright, at least you were spared the FAART Fema camp for a while.
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76410 Dec 3, 2012
I'll be doing all of my drinking on Yule. Eggnog and Gentleman Jack. Way the days are winding down might just finish that bottle...
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76411 Dec 3, 2012
raven wrote:
Also, birds are put here to help the less fortunate. We need to remember this during the holidays. I've been guilty myself of forgetting this. They are exactly what we need to bring to homes of the less fortunate children and grown ups. People when you're out shopping for Christmas gifts for your family and friends, grab a bag of bird seed and get a bird out of it's nest or somewhere and give it to some child that needs something to have and cherish. Birds are looking for kids to be their owners, they are looking for a child to hold them and wash their feathers and to give them crackers, remember this Christmas, holly wants a cracker, and a bird wants to be loved.
Only bird that I know wants love has bought me lacy lingerie for the holidays...LOL.
high on the hog

Bellevue, WA

#76418 Dec 3, 2012
u people are nuts

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#76419 Dec 3, 2012
Wow, another long day. Stupid deer nearly put my lights out permanantly. Road+ cars+ deer= disaster.
sally

Pikeville, KY

#76420 Dec 3, 2012
If the Bible is correct. Gods chosen people will have a better life after Death. If Science is correct at death it's all over. there really no reason for this debate. it has been going on for thousands of years. If you have experienced Gods Spirit nothing or no one can tell you different. anyone that has never experienced Gods spirit will never believe unless they get something they have now. Why all the debates. neither side cannot prove anything for sure unless they have eyes to see with and ears to hear with. there still people that believe man has never been to the moon. I won't say what i believe. it will only cause more debate. more questions that you can't beyond a shadow of a doubt prove anything to the other.
W KY Girl

Sycamore, IL

#76421 Dec 3, 2012
Marty wrote:
Not my problem it,s my neighbers trees and their damn birds i don,t have any trees a small bush or two,all mine died years ago,damn neighbers feed the bastards and they fly back and forth acroos my damn truck and crap in between,oh hell what can you do but complain. Well i don,t have anything but digital tv local i am tired of them showing the shows over and over again put on something new, doesn,t matter though damn signal goes out every half hour or so,200.00 bucks for an outside antenna and the s.o.b won,t work worth a crap.!!<quoted text>
Hi Marty. Try getting a couple rubber snakes and lay them on your truck. That should cut down on some of the pooping.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#76423 Dec 3, 2012
sally wrote:
If the Bible is correct. Gods chosen people will have a better life after Death. If Science is correct at death it's all over. there really no reason for this debate. it has been going on for thousands of years. If you have experienced Gods Spirit nothing or no one can tell you different. anyone that has never experienced Gods spirit will never believe unless they get something they have now. Why all the debates. neither side cannot prove anything for sure unless they have eyes to see with and ears to hear with. there still people that believe man has never been to the moon. I won't say what i believe. it will only cause more debate. more questions that you can't beyond a shadow of a doubt prove anything to the other.
The US had a plan to nuke the moon before allowing Russia to land there first.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#76427 Dec 3, 2012
You can sure tell the moon is still full, you three stooges should be out howling at it. haha

Seen lots of birds out flying from tree to tree, just chirping up a storm. Great day to be outdoors.

I also seen a lot of CHEMSPRAYING in my area. Beautiful blue sky then white lines criss crossing back and forth as the two planes sprayed and then it spread out into a film like cloud. Maybe they are just protecting the military base, who knows, anyone around Fort Campbell see them? Look up when you go outside and see them. They have been spraying more frequently lately. For those posting discussing the the original topic we debated for a year and a half, birds/fish dying unnaturally in droves, increased earthquakes, global warming, solar flares, storms, unnatural weather, HAARP, Chemspraying all tie in together somehow. Research the birds dying and the theories, HAARP, Chemspraying, there are plenty websites listed early on in the thread, but do research them. It is very interesting. Definitely look up the Space Preservation Act of 2001, H. R. 2977 to see how real all of it is. Ask yourself after you read it why it wouldn't pass. Another thing would be to research the "Sleeping Giant" Madrid Fault. Of course we cannot discuss these topics brought on by the bird dying. It is a fart club now. It's a shame. It WAS a great thread.

I hope you all had a great day and enjoy a terrific Tuesday. You three stooges, not so much.

Good night!:)

5,4,3,2,1....lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76445 Dec 3, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you Imposter, I don't think some people have got over their weekend drunk yet. Even Mr. Scruff has a little chatty today, 2 1/2 stale beers maybe. LOL. Someone has finally topped Humpaburn with that bird story.
Naw, it was the coffee and the fact that I have not even seen another human in several hours to talk to. I did see car head lights about a half mile up the way.
sally

Pikeville, KY

#76447 Dec 3, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>The US had a plan to nuke the moon before allowing Russia to land there first.
I understand most people just want to debate. it really don't matter what the subject is. you could 100 people up on the Mississippi River and it would be about 49% to 51% on agreeing what direction the water was flowing in. for the few that really are looking for answers. i watched a good Movie on Netflix tonight. The Genesis Code. this movie goes into detail about the believe in Creation. it can be helpful if you can watch it with a open mind. if not keep on debating. just like the Presidential race this year only history will tell the truth about who was or wasn't a good President.
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#76452 Dec 4, 2012
sally wrote:
Awwwwww yes, but life still goes on, no matter how you think or believe. You either live or you die. Sometimes I think life is like a light switch, click and it's over. Buttttttt you will never know until you get there.

Awwwww the suspense, is what makes life exciting. The space probe Voyager 1 is on its way out of the Solar System. Do you think it will make it to Heaven?
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#76456 Dec 4, 2012
sally wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand most people just want to debate. it really don't matter what the subject is. you could 100 people up on the Mississippi River and it would be about 49% to 51% on agreeing what direction the water was flowing in. for the few that really are looking for answers. i watched a good Movie on Netflix tonight. The Genesis Code. this movie goes into detail about the believe in Creation. it can be helpful if you can watch it with a open mind. if not keep on debating. just like the Presidential race this year only history will tell the truth about who was or wasn't a good President.
Just guessing I would think it would depend on whether it was a high tide or a low tide, and whether there was a storm at the lower end. Just curious. What do you think?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#76458 Dec 4, 2012
Nice. It's a bit rainy here. ((yawn))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Fitzner (Apr '14) 4 min Say_it_aint_true 8
cts russell half way house (Mar '11) 44 min Roo 61
Tymberwood trace apts 58 min Ready to move 5
KFC yum! center 1 hr GO CARDS 16
Police arrest seven people on drug charges at F... 1 hr tony 1
Mr Governor 3 hr mud slinger 2
Thomas Clay Jr. (Apr '14) 15 hr hereyougo 4
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web