Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,680

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#76332 Dec 3, 2012
living wrote:
<quoted text>thanks , dear one.. I really loved it , along with so many others. My mind does not recall names like it used too.
Mine either, that's why I wear a name tag, it's faster than singing happy birthday to my self...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76333 Dec 3, 2012
I am still pretty good with names. It is numbers that cause me problems. I used to could add up a column of numbers quicker than a calculator or go to the grocery and get a cart full and know by the time I got to the cash register how much it would cost. I can't do that anymore.

Well you folks have a good day, I am off to take care of the chickens and get some other work done around here.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#76336 Dec 3, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
AW, that's just the great circle of entertainment life, but really, how many times can Lassie pull little Timmy out of that well,, here is an idea, cover the well !!! The old and feeble fade away, replaced by sparkly vampires and the hard body of the week. Actors won't be needed in the near future, computer generated movies are cheaper, draw big money and they don't have to find purple m&m's to put in the dressing room for miss special.
Being an old biker I face the circle of biker life,, you come into the world wearing a diaper and riding tri-cylce and go out wearing a diaper and riding a three wheeler again. Woe is me.
Well, well, Humpaburn, glad you could grace us once again by reporting in. I knew where you were Humpaburn, but others feared you had been slain on the bunny trail, by vicious animals. Yes, I'm nosey Humpaburn, the wife pays me to keep tabs on you. You really need to ditch the Roach Clip nonsense and report here and here only. You know with the 21st rapidly approaching, FAART, Fema camps, aliens, earthquakes and Twinkies going out of business how badly your super hero butt is needed right here on the bird topic.

Teddy Fartman

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#76339 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am still pretty good with names. It is numbers that cause me problems. I used to could add up a column of numbers quicker than a calculator or go to the grocery and get a cart full and know by the time I got to the cash register how much it would cost. I can't do that anymore.
Well you folks have a good day, I am off to take care of the chickens and get some other work done around here.
Mr. Scruff, you are still the best when it comes to dealing with quarters. Lol. Hope you and dog had a lovely day at church yesterday. I did.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#76341 Dec 3, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
"This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?"
Clint Eastwood's most famous line. But who was the black dude he was speaking to ?? That's right no one knows.
He was a bank robber in Dirty Harry, he was a pimp in Magnum Force, he was a black militant in The Enforcer and he was a friend of Harry's in Sudden Impact,,Albert Popwell was the actor.
No one knows, but super Humpaburn knows. Dang, all this time and I thought it was Buckwheat all grown up.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#76343 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think you should be. I have been waiting for you to come on and tell us about the birds and all I could post about was old tv programs in the meantime. You see any birds yet?
Not a thing yet, however getting ready to go to work, I won't see much. Sorry.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#76347 Dec 3, 2012
Hi guys! Hope everyone has been well. Got your Christmas shopping done yet? I'm finished completely!! Now if I can just get my tail end out to the post office so everybody can get their gifts before 2013, I'll be doing good..

I see things are going well in here, although there are still a lot of gaps.. Don't know what the holes are about, but I'm sure it's the same old same - old spam from the same old - same old spammers no doubt..:)

Okay, well I'm outta here. Got things to do, places to go. Have a good one! Chat with you all probably later tonight!!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#76348 Dec 3, 2012
YIKES~~

Why is my eyeball gone????? That'll teach ME to stay gone for too long..
I can't see, no no no no. I can't see....
Temporarily..........

Imposter

Somerset, KY

#76349 Dec 3, 2012
Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive....

_-_Nope_-_ Profile

EDITOR STATEMENT
Watching...
TOPIX I EDIT
Stearns, KY , Crab Orchard, KY , Whitley City, KY , Russell Springs, KY , Bronston, KY , Pine Knot, KY , Nancy, KY , Somerset, KY , Burnside, KY , Tateville, KY , Science Hill, KY , Monticello, KY
Q & A WITH _-_NOPE_-_
tv watcher

Glasgow, KY

#76352 Dec 3, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep those were the days! Archie Bunker aired back to back with Sanford and Son...
I always loved them show's.
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76357 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My above post was intended to show that in a few years, what is considered entertainment now will be just about as silly as those programs from the 60s and 70s.
And in 30 or 40 years, who will they get to do the old folks commercials? The Fonz, Trapper John, 6 million Dollar man and Pat Boone won't likely be walking to show us One Reverse mortgages, Walk-in-bath tubs, or Bionic Hearng aids.
Maybe they can get a new batch of lawyers that want you to sue because you have some newly named old disease from a lifetime of working, or had the wrong kind of vaginal mesh or hip replacement. GEEZ.
You know though AW if a child sits down and watches Andy Griffith he or she might learn a life lesson that some parents just don't teach. Unfortunately, programs that I've noticed since the 1990s haven't been that great. My partner abhors shows that Andy Griffith starred a role in. But I have a difference in opinion. Programming is getting worse and worse. I don't like blood and gore and the closest to vampirism I like is the first four seasons of Dark Shadows and that's because of Jonathon Frid's role as Barnabas. Personally, MacGyver has been my all time favorite, of course, minus all the mushy love scenes. As my dad says,"That stuff's not fit for dog." LOL. I agree.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76360 Dec 3, 2012
Raven wrote:
<quoted text> You know though AW if a child sits down and watches Andy Griffith he or she might learn a life lesson that some parents just don't teach. Unfortunately, programs that I've noticed since the 1990s haven't been that great. My partner abhors shows that Andy Griffith starred a role in. But I have a difference in opinion. Programming is getting worse and worse. I don't like blood and gore and the closest to vampirism I like is the first four seasons of Dark Shadows and that's because of Jonathon Frid's role as Barnabas. Personally, MacGyver has been my all time favorite, of course, minus all the mushy love scenes. As my dad says,"That stuff's not fit for dog." LOL. I agree.
If you have not seen it, Google Andy Griffieth's "What it was, was football". That is his standup comedy routine that propelled his career. Most funny. As far as old shows, I just don't know how many times Matt Dillon can get shot or Joe Cartwright can fall in love. I suppose I do not have any all time favorites, just a few I refuse to watch and the few is steadily increasing.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76361 Dec 3, 2012
I once was wondering what ever happened to Lamont Sanford and looked it up and he became a preacher. I think Aunt Ester arguing with Fred made that show. I especially liked the show where she wanted to hold the Wednesday night prayer group at the junk yard. LOL

Since: Dec 12

Sycamore, IL

#76364 Dec 3, 2012
Hi all. We have a channel here in Western KY called "Retro TV". It has a lot of those old shows: Emergency, Adam-12, Partridge Family, All in the Family, Maude, Gidget, and more more more. I got peed off about two years ago and dumped satellite tv and since then have only used rabbit ears. Retro TV is one of the free local channels. We actually pick up several local channels. If I would put up an outdoor antena we would pick up a lot more. I do like those old shows.

Sycamore, IL

#76365 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I once was wondering what ever happened to Lamont Sanford and looked it up and he became a preacher. I think Aunt Ester arguing with Fred made that show. I especially liked the show where she wanted to hold the Wednesday night prayer group at the junk yard. LOL
Sanford and Son comes on Retro TV. Oh yeah, Aunt Ester and Fred made the show. lol
One of my favorite shows on now is Doc Martin on PBS. He is so funny, a total grouch. lol Love that show!

Sycamore, IL

#76366 Dec 3, 2012
Oh we have Antenna Tv to! http://www.antennatv.tv/
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76367 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have not seen it, Google Andy Griffieth's "What it was, was football". That is his standup comedy routine that propelled his career. Most funny. As far as old shows, I just don't know how many times Matt Dillon can get shot or Joe Cartwright can fall in love. I suppose I do not have any all time favorites, just a few I refuse to watch and the few is steadily increasing.
Just watched it...LOL...Convicts, outhouse,and a punkin...Thanks for telling me about that routine. I'd seen a show were Ope tries out for football, but never heard this. And think we Southerners get ridiculed for our big hats and drawls.Well,all I can say they can like it or lump it.

Sycamore, IL

#76368 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76370 Dec 3, 2012
Raven wrote:
<quoted text> Just watched it...LOL...Convicts, outhouse,and a punkin...Thanks for telling me about that routine. I'd seen a show were Ope tries out for football, but never heard this. And think we Southerners get ridiculed for our big hats and drawls.Well,all I can say they can like it or lump it.
I like the line where the guy slapped him on the back and says "here buddy, have a drank". He says, "why thank you, I thank I will have another big orange" LOL
poof

Ashland, KY

#76377 Dec 3, 2012
Getting this topic back on track, birds are guided by Earth's electromagnetic field and recent seismic activity in the New Madrid fault line has upset the balance. It happens about every 200 years in this area. Look up the quakes of 1811-1812 and you will hear the same accounts recorded from that era. A quake that size now would devastate surrounding regions, back then it was sparsely populated and damage was minimal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
plus size group of louisville Facebook 20 min skinny 2
wave 3 former derrick jones? (Aug '13) 1 hr unknown 43
Not familiar 9 hr anon 1
Man charged with traveling to bowling green to ... (Feb '08) 10 hr EricaD310 6
Will You Be Voting Republican? 12 hr Pale Rider 47
Josh Young arrested twice in same day 20 hr Ronzo 1
mitch vs Byrd Thu the Fonz 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs