Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,261 - 65,280 of 81,565 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago
please

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76004
Nov 30, 2012
 
this has been going on so long.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76005
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

wondering wrote:
Im getting a little freaked with the huge sinkholes in Ohio and Missouri....before the Madrid earthquake maybe??
Most likely if the sinkholes are already there and The Madrid earthquake hasn't happened yet. Dang, that was a tough question.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76006
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

so true wrote:
<quoted text> thanks, this trusted gal, has just about run out of trusting. But you are one of my favorites.... Dear One.
Bless you, that was so kind. You're a real sweetheart. Thank you for making my day nicer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76008
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever notice that those lips that you get only have one big tooth at the top and bottom? I suppose they spent all their money on bright red lip stick instead of brushing their teeth with peroxide and baking soda.
LOL AW, I had never noticed that. The lipstick is a bit heavy. I'm going to look on the positive side, I will only have one tooth mark if they bite my butt. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76009
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I was most cautious about letting the dog out for tree time. He was debating last night on whether to sit and watch the fire or to go out and chase away a skunk. Luckily the fire and my persistence that he could just hold it, won.
I don't think he was interested in getting a bath in a quart of Hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and a tablespoon of dish liquid and I was not interested in putting a clothes pin on my nose to help him with the bath.
I told him that if I used up our baking soda on a bath, I would not have any to make our biscuits until the Eagle lands again in about 3 weeks and no biscuits meant no sausage gravy.
I'm glad you won out on that one, those biscuits will do it every time. Lol. If a kitty cat looks like a pair of those two tone wing tipped shoes we were talking about, dog don't want any part of that. LOL.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76015
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Just watching the birds this morning.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76017
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Three hours and no posts. I can fully understand that. Click on topix and see who is posting and no conversation worth responding to except maybe Hempburn, lala, Sybil, Blueminer, or Ancient Wolf's. Glad I don't waste much time here anymore.

I can reach most of my favorite posters through email and most don't post much here anymore. Can't say I blame them with the turn the thread has taken. Too bad we couldn't continue what the birds dying started...awareness. There is a lot going on in the world besides someone's pastime to gas the place up. Astronomers find biggest black hole ever, Polar ice melting faster, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, rise in sink holes (one in Ohio stopped traffic and Kentucky has many as well as caves), solar flares etc..at least we covered most of that before being invaded by the thread killers. I found the survival thread that Hicky and Prepper had going. It was more extensive than the list we compiled here. Sure miss those guys too.

I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend. I have much to do and plan on enjoying the day/sun while I have the day off.

Out of here!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76018
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

From the NASA and foxnews websites:

NASA scientists took time on Wednesday, Nov. 28, to soothe 2012 doomsday fears, warning against the dark side of Mayan apocalypse rumors frightened children and suicidal teens who truly fear the world may come to an end Dec. 21.

These fears are based on misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. On the 21st, the date of the winter solstice, a calendar cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun comes to an end. Although Maya scholars agree that the ancient Maya would not have seen this day as apocalyptic, rumors have spread that a cosmic event may end life on Earth on that day.

Thus NASA's involvement. The space agency maintains a 2012 information page debunking popular Mayan apocalypse rumors, such as the idea that a rogue planet will hit Earth on Dec. 21, killing everyone.(In fact, astronomers are quite good at detecting near-Earth objects, and any wandering planet scheduled to collide with Earth in three weeks would be the brightest object in the sky behind the sun and moon by now.)

Interesting. I don't think the world will end, but something significant may happen that day to change the world as we know it. Where did those Mayans disappear to? Sybil? Any ideas? I am sure the crybaby will have this removed since it is not fart related. lol

Be prepared for anything. Only GOD knows when Earth will end and we all die.

See ya!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76019
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever notice that those lips that you get only have one big tooth at the top and bottom? I suppose they spent all their money on bright red lip stick instead of brushing their teeth with peroxide and baking soda.
LOL, I never noticed that, but you're right. Very observent, Ancient Wolf.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76021
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely if the sinkholes are already there and The Madrid earthquake hasn't happened yet. Dang, that was a tough question.
Careful, Una. The sinkholes are a sign of unstable ground, and may or may not be a precursor of the New Madrid getting ready to do its thing. Look around. You do not want to be at the bottom of one of those holes. Depending on where you live in KY, you could be a victim of a sinkhole or the New Madrid (clay soil is likely to undergo liquefaction). Then you would be lost forever...and what would we do without your insightful remarks on Topix!!!
FISH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76022
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Been the same old crap with y'all the entire time!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76024
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Abeliever wrote:
From the NASA and foxnews websites:
NASA scientists took time on Wednesday, Nov. 28, to soothe 2012 doomsday fears, warning against the dark side of Mayan apocalypse rumors frightened children and suicidal teens who truly fear the world may come to an end Dec. 21.
These fears are based on misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. On the 21st, the date of the winter solstice, a calendar cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun comes to an end. Although Maya scholars agree that the ancient Maya would not have seen this day as apocalyptic, rumors have spread that a cosmic event may end life on Earth on that day.
Thus NASA's involvement. The space agency maintains a 2012 information page debunking popular Mayan apocalypse rumors, such as the idea that a rogue planet will hit Earth on Dec. 21, killing everyone.(In fact, astronomers are quite good at detecting near-Earth objects, and any wandering planet scheduled to collide with Earth in three weeks would be the brightest object in the sky behind the sun and moon by now.)
Interesting. I don't think the world will end, but something significant may happen that day to change the world as we know it. Where did those Mayans disappear to? Sybil? Any ideas? I am sure the crybaby will have this removed since it is not fart related. lol
Be prepared for anything. Only GOD knows when Earth will end and we all die.
See ya!
Hi, Abeleiver. I do not believe an apocolyptic event on the 21st. However, the sun is acting up with solar flares and large X flares could fry our satellites and wreak havoc on the grid. One theory of why the Mayans disappeared is that they left as their source of water became increasingly sparse. A series of bad droughts may have undone the Mayan culture.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76028
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Thank you AB for your updates. 12/21/12 is rapidly approaching and there are thousands of theories on what if anything will happen. I'm betting on the Alien colonization of the Earth theory. I hope we are not alien snack food like popcorn or potted meat, that would suck. We may be vaccumed into the black hole Sagittarius A or the pole shifts simply crumble us up like a soggy oreo in milk. I hope whatever goes down, happens after my morning coffee.

Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76030
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, Una. The sinkholes are a sign of unstable ground, and may or may not be a precursor of the New Madrid getting ready to do its thing. Look around. You do not want to be at the bottom of one of those holes. Depending on where you live in KY, you could be a victim of a sinkhole or the New Madrid (clay soil is likely to undergo liquefaction). Then you would be lost forever...and what would we do without your insightful remarks on Topix!!!
The unstable minds on here are more dangerous than the ground. Without my Gems of Wisdom most of you would be up poop creek without a paddle. That's why I keep saying, read my Gems of Wisdom, meditate on them, they might just save your hind end.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76035
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hempburn wrote:
Thank you AB for your updates. 12/21/12 is rapidly approaching and there are thousands of theories on what if anything will happen. I'm betting on the Alien colonization of the Earth theory. I hope we are not alien snack food like popcorn or potted meat, that would suck. We may be vaccumed into the black hole Sagittarius A or the pole shifts simply crumble us up like a soggy oreo in milk. I hope whatever goes down, happens after my morning coffee.
Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.
I am betting that those that have any money or credit cards will only have 4 more shopping days to get ready for the wrong kind of observance. I might buy a 10 cent candy cane, but I won't be spending my quarter. I think the Mayans just got tired of counting and if I wind up being potted meat... so be it. But they will have to do some serious grinding for these old bones and leathered skin.

I have been moving furniture and cleaning today. Moved my PC and just came on quickly to see if it still works. LOL You folks have a good night... All of you!!
W KY Girl

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76036
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hempburn wrote:
Thank you AB for your updates. 12/21/12 is rapidly approaching and there are thousands of theories on what if anything will happen. I'm betting on the Alien colonization of the Earth theory. I hope we are not alien snack food like popcorn or potted meat, that would suck. We may be vaccumed into the black hole Sagittarius A or the pole shifts simply crumble us up like a soggy oreo in milk. I hope whatever goes down, happens after my morning coffee.
Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.
I think I'll eat loads of garlic and polk salad with boiled eggs until December 22nd. That will take care of any alien that might get any ideas! LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76040
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

411 4 U OK wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about anybody else but I wish you would quit your damn b*tch*ng and moaning. If you don't like this thread anymore GO AWAY!
Glory Be and Amen. The Fartman approves this message.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76041
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'll eat loads of garlic and polk salad with boiled eggs until December 22nd. That will take care of any alien that might get any ideas! LOL
Now you're talking, whoo Wee!!! Let em' have it with both barrels. Lol.

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Cave by big rock

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76043
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'll eat loads of garlic and polk salad with boiled eggs until December 22nd. That will take care of any alien that might get any ideas! LOL
That could be the doomsday event.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76045
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

..this from someone who contributed so much to this thread huh? Go back to your Scottsville thread and worship your fart buddy there. I may just come back even more to irritate you and his fan club. Maybe I can dig up some videos and copy paste material to keep them crying and the mods hopping like with his rewrites and hateful post that are constantly removed. If you don't like reading my post why don't you go away? Or here's an idea....scroll past them. I will post whatever I want, much like you and your fan club. Bet this is one of you location spinners...

haha, Now what do you want to talk about...the BIRDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitch McConnell 24 min Words of Wisdom 114
CMT/KMA Certified Medication Technician JOBS 1 hr Craig 1
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) 2 hr Sasha98 55
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 5 hr WeTheSheeple 22
POLICE: Louisville dad arrested after 3-year-ol... 9 hr LouisvilleKYreport 2
southend 9 hr LouisvilleKYreport 3
McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll Thu Captain Yesterday 27
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Wed Sebastian 239
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••