Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
W KY Girl

Elwood, IL

#75721 Nov 25, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Granny used to say "The fox that's the finder, the scent lays behind her".
Never heard that one.:) I have always heard "the guilty dog barks first".
W KY Girl

Elwood, IL

#75722 Nov 25, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is hilarious. I love farting in store aisles, then going to the end, peeking around and watching people walk into them. LOL.
A few years ago I was at the dairy section in Food Lion, I had just cut one that was horrible. There was two Guy's and Girls wearing Harley stuff walked up. Their eyes rolled and their noses snarled up. I looked at them and said, dang, that milk is rotten I'm not buying that stuff and didn't crack a smile. They turned around and left. LOL. I never saw them again.
LOL That's funny. But us ladies always try to deny it! lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#75727 Nov 25, 2012
Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving holiday. I sure did. Grateful for my family/friends and living in the greatest country in the world. I love my freedom.

Hope you have a Marvelous Monday! Suppose to get some rain/snow, no accumulation. Hate that "s" word too. Brrrrrrrrrr

Goodnight.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75729 Nov 26, 2012
Ah, java good, wake me.

troll, bad.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75730 Nov 26, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard that one.:) I have always heard "the guilty dog barks first".
Or the smeller's the feller. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75731 Nov 26, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving holiday. I sure did. Grateful for my family/friends and living in the greatest country in the world. I love my freedom.
Hope you have a Marvelous Monday! Suppose to get some rain/snow, no accumulation. Hate that "s" word too. Brrrrrrrrrr
Goodnight.
Even though I don't want to, I can always stay indoors if the "S" word comes. But today I will be splitting a load of logs that I brought in about a month ago. That should be more than enough to last until spring,

But later this week, I will go get another load of logs from an old farmer that wants me to come get some out of his way that he can't lift or split. I will be getting firewood all winter for exercise and to give to the poor souls that the GOOD LORD has not blessed to be able to do this kind of work. MY firewood is not for sale, but for sharing or trading for hot apple pies or peach cobblers, etc. So yes, I had a good Thanksgiving. I warmed my heart more so than my belly.
Sharon

Horse Cave, KY

#75732 Nov 26, 2012
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU BUNCH OF DUMMYS WOULD GET TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT THEM DAMN BIRDS!aIN'T YOUALL WORE THAT SUBJECT OUT?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75733 Nov 26, 2012
Sharon wrote:
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU BUNCH OF DUMMYS WOULD GET TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT THEM DAMN BIRDS!aIN'T YOUALL WORE THAT SUBJECT OUT?
We have, now we concentrate on spelling and punkuatechun education.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75734 Nov 26, 2012
I stepped out this morning for a breath of fresh ethylene dibromide, nano-particulates, aluminum and barium, cationic polymer fibers and bioactive materials. We used to call it air. So I question, do the birds still fly in it, or swim?

Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75735 Nov 26, 2012
Another day, another bird. lol
coalminer

Barbourville, KY

#75736 Nov 26, 2012
i dont have time or wont to read all of this , so can someone tell me what is going on.
sat

Crossville, TN

#75737 Nov 26, 2012
what
coalminer

Barbourville, KY

#75738 Nov 26, 2012
i am talking about the birds in western ky.
coalminer

Barbourville, KY

#75739 Nov 26, 2012
can anyone tell me anything, i guess not thanks anyway.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75740 Nov 26, 2012
coalminer wrote:
i am talking about the birds in western ky.
Well those birds died a couple years ago and nobody really knows why but there has been much speculation and lots of chit-chat about many other subjects. And I have contributed to the chat as much as anyone else. Maybe someday we will have the answers.

Coffee break is over, back to working with the wood.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75742 Nov 26, 2012
I see Wal Mart staff managed to capture and ultimately kill the shop lifting suspect in their parking lot down in Lithonia, Ga,, can we say, lawsuit. He alegedly stole two dvd players. I'm all for stopping crime too, but maybe should hold off on the death penalty for say, tv's or fishing gear. It's all about keeping the prices low for us, thank you Wally World.

I think shock collars should be put on each Wal Mart customer as they enter the store.. If they steal they can be zapped like a rabid chihuahua then they can reshelf that bag of gummie bears while the suspect twitches and flops around on the floor until the police come. Oh, what if the theif could be put in one of them big blue snuggies,, then the floor could get polished while the shock collar booted them across the tile like a ruptured leprechaun... I'm going to work on this idea, I could get rich on this.

“thats what your mom does”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#75743 Nov 26, 2012
Dear god,end the world already stop being slow!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75744 Nov 26, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That's funny. But us ladies always try to deny it! lol
I know, you ladies are pooters. Lol. One day at work the secertary walked by and accidentally let an almost silent squeeker. Red faced she whispered, oops. That thing had some real body. I think it curled my eyelashes. Whoo Wee!!! LOL. A guy I worked with and I would have farting contests, but never with the secertary, no way. You girls cheat anyway. You shoot with a double barrel. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75745 Nov 26, 2012
coalminer wrote:
can anyone tell me anything, i guess not thanks anyway.
FAART killed them.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#75746 Nov 26, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Hundreds more birds found dead in western Kentucky
The grackles, red wing blackbirds, robins and starlings were found last week.

New Year's Eve fireworks have been blamed for the deaths of thousands of blackbirds in central Arkansas. Another 450 birds died this week in Louisiana, likely after hitting power lines or cars.

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources spokesman Mark Marraccini says someone called police about the discovery in Kentucky, and they alerted state officials.

Marraccini says tests performed on the birds ruled out diseases or poisons. He said the deaths could have been caused by weather or another natural event.

Mass bird deaths are not uncommon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murderer Josh Young 10 hr Disgusted 2
Is the LMPD, Good or Bad ? (Jan '13) 16 hr chucky 68
Review: Speedi Hot Lunch Service LLC 17 hr Perry Winkle 1
dawn gee (Jan '13) 18 hr abelld 12
Mcconnell or grimes 18 hr Tony 33
is Ali a muslim? (Jan '14) 19 hr Roofus 14
Right-to-work: The right message for Kentucky's... 19 hr Ace McMollan 6
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs