Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 20 comments on the Jan 5, 2011, The Cincinnati Enquirer story titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72202 Oct 14, 2012
Listen folks. I vacated this thread AGAIN about a month ago. The spam and vulgar comments, once again, were too much and I had to weed through 10 crap filled comments to get to just one... I continued to pop in once in a great while to keep up on things because I am a prepper and I also DO believe that we are in dire straits as far as the world affairs are going... Nature is trying to talk to us, but we aren't listening.

But here's the skinny: You all finally got one of the Mods somewhere out there to help you once more, but you just keep posting jabs back at the very ones who you detest. This seems like a case of the "pot calling the kettle".... You can't possibly expect them to continue to help you when you come back with nasty grams every chance you get.

Why not stick to the point of this thread and stop the childish back stabbing and gloating over who and what gets zapped now?

If you want the Mods to keep helping, then you probably need to appreciate the help and stop stabbing and jabbing when something does get taken off. Each and ever one of you are guilty of it.

I know that this isn't "my" thread, but I really did enjoy commenting when things were on track. Many people left because of this childish posting. You also need to stop hitting that reply button unless you want YOUR comment to go down the crapper with the nasty ones you're addressing!

I foresee the Mods completely giving up on helping you all eventually because you won't let it go and move on....... Get pissed at me if you will, it won't be the first time I've stepped on any toes on Topix, nor will it be the last. Irregardless, this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I have reported users and comments from the ones who thrive on keeping the vulgar crap going, but like many others I'll eventually stop until you all realize that what you're doing is counterproductive.. The Mods could care less about who's right and who's wrong here. They take down vulgar content when we ask them to. But to continually carry on like this is ridiculous.

Time to grow up and act like adults. Stop the bickering and gloating about what's gone and who is getting zapped, then things will improve on here. They're going to get tired of trying to help people when all you do is dredge it out....

Have a great day.
_-_Nope_-_
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72208 Oct 14, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Listen folks. I vacated this thread AGAIN about a month ago. The spam and vulgar comments, once again, were too much and I had to weed through 10 crap filled comments to get to just one... I continued to pop in once in a great while to keep up on things because I am a prepper and I also DO believe that we are in dire straits as far as the world affairs are going... Nature is trying to talk to us, but we aren't listening.
But here's the skinny: You all finally got one of the Mods somewhere out there to help you once more, but you just keep posting jabs back at the very ones who you detest. This seems like a case of the "pot calling the kettle".... You can't possibly expect them to continue to help you when you come back with nasty grams every chance you get.
Why not stick to the point of this thread and stop the childish back stabbing and gloating over who and what gets zapped now?
If you want the Mods to keep helping, then you probably need to appreciate the help and stop stabbing and jabbing when something does get taken off. Each and ever one of you are guilty of it.
I know that this isn't "my" thread, but I really did enjoy commenting when things were on track. Many people left because of this childish posting. You also need to stop hitting that reply button unless you want YOUR comment to go down the crapper with the nasty ones you're addressing!
I foresee the Mods completely giving up on helping you all eventually because you won't let it go and move on....... Get pissed at me if you will, it won't be the first time I've stepped on any toes on Topix, nor will it be the last. Irregardless, this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
I have reported users and comments from the ones who thrive on keeping the vulgar crap going, but like many others I'll eventually stop until you all realize that what you're doing is counterproductive.. The Mods could care less about who's right and who's wrong here. They take down vulgar content when we ask them to. But to continually carry on like this is ridiculous.
Time to grow up and act like adults. Stop the bickering and gloating about what's gone and who is getting zapped, then things will improve on here. They're going to get tired of trying to help people when all you do is dredge it out....
Have a great day.
_-_Nope_-_
Hello "Nope". We have missed you and your interesting posts too. I feel like I have been scolded by my Mom, haha. But what you say is true. We all have tried to ignore them and carry on our conversations but have failed. I admit that. We just want to go back to discussing the world events and nature's wrath but as you have seen they constantly rewrite and mock everything we say. We have tried to keep the thread going we have posted on for almost two years. We don't think we OWN it but we have stuck with it to continue the friendships we have made of strangers. Why can't the mods just ban them? Or at least block them from this thread they managed to get removed from their forum? Anyway, I will try to refrain myself from responding to them at all even though I am one of 4-5 they continue to bash and rewrite posts. Hope you have enjoyed the end of the summer and beginning of fall. Winter is right around the corner and this thread ramps up when we are stuck indoors due to the weather. I hope they don't remove it totally because you are right, there is a dire straits feeling with all that is going on and it would be nice to continue what we all started when the birds fell dead...try to figure out why these things are happening, their significance, the world/nature events that affect us all and having different opinions or suggestions about them. As well as the information from different parts of the state or country. I loved the "prepper" portions offered by many to help us survive a natural disaster or at least be aware of what might be happening i.e. earthquakes, space events, world events, EMP, etc....

Thanks for the good scolding.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#72210 Oct 14, 2012
Thank you "NOPE" for the well deserved scolding. You are right. Hope we can eventually get back on track with our discussions of events and issues. We have missed you. Hope you have a great day!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#72216 Oct 14, 2012
Still waiting on that rain. My bones are aching over it. Must be good, somewhere.

Level 2

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#72218 Oct 14, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Listen folks. I vacated this thread AGAIN about a month ago. The spam and vulgar comments, once again, were too much and I had to weed through 10 crap filled comments to get to just one... I continued to pop in once in a great while to keep up on things because I am a prepper and I also DO believe that we are in dire straits as far as the world affairs are going... Nature is trying to talk to us, but we aren't listening.
But here's the skinny: You all finally got one of the Mods somewhere out there to help you once more, but you just keep posting jabs back at the very ones who you detest. This seems like a case of the "pot calling the kettle".... You can't possibly expect them to continue to help you when you come back with nasty grams every chance you get.
Why not stick to the point of this thread and stop the childish back stabbing and gloating over who and what gets zapped now?
If you want the Mods to keep helping, then you probably need to appreciate the help and stop stabbing and jabbing when something does get taken off. Each and ever one of you are guilty of it.
I know that this isn't "my" thread, but I really did enjoy commenting when things were on track. Many people left because of this childish posting. You also need to stop hitting that reply button unless you want YOUR comment to go down the crapper with the nasty ones you're addressing!
I foresee the Mods completely giving up on helping you all eventually because you won't let it go and move on....... Get pissed at me if you will, it won't be the first time I've stepped on any toes on Topix, nor will it be the last. Irregardless, this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
I have reported users and comments from the ones who thrive on keeping the vulgar crap going, but like many others I'll eventually stop until you all realize that what you're doing is counterproductive.. The Mods could care less about who's right and who's wrong here. They take down vulgar content when we ask them to. But to continually carry on like this is ridiculous.
Time to grow up and act like adults. Stop the bickering and gloating about what's gone and who is getting zapped, then things will improve on here. They're going to get tired of trying to help people when all you do is dredge it out....
Have a great day.
_-_Nope_-_
Good points! However the mods know what has been made clear. The malicious disruptive behavior by these guys won't stop. Can't you tell they live for it?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72227 Oct 14, 2012
Like I said, I didn't intend to step on anyone's toes here, I just calls it like I sees it....

If you all want this thread to improve then you have to be proactive in that effort. Commenting to the abusive remarks does nothing but fuel the fires.

I for one am very pleased to finally see some interaction between the Mods and we as users on here. It's long overdue and much needed. Obviously they are not only watching THIS thread, but others as well now. It's apparent because people are moaning about it in other town forums and then they tend to hide out for a while when the heat gets turned up. Either that or they change their user name.
(Stupidly though, they don't realize that your IP address pegs you dead on)....

You can try to hide, but you can't run.

I can see that I've already peed in the Cheerios of the "not so polite" on here and that means very little to me. Believe it. I don't eat, breathe and sleep Topix... If we all work together and try to stop the bickering, then the vulgarity will stop. Eventually, bans will happen.
(I have a feeling that it already IS happening slowly but surely and I know for a fact that warnings are starting to increase because people in other threads are talking about that too).

Oh, to have my all seeing, evil eyeball have Mod privileges, LOL! Alas, that will never happen. They all live in California from what I can tell, and I think California is eventually going to slide off into the ocean one day. I for one don't want to take that ride...
(Nor do I want the antique china that I inherited get bashed to smithereens from earthquakes)!!! Not that this set of china would save my tail when SHTF, but I am kind of partial to my "things"..

:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72230 Oct 14, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points! However the mods know what has been made clear. The malicious disruptive behavior by these guys won't stop. Can't you tell they live for it?
Yes it will stop. But we ALL have to be a part of the process. Stop hitting that darned "reply" button to keep your own comment from getting zapped in the process. Stop the taunting when you see that something has been removed. As far as I can tell, the Mods have tried more than once to help this thread, but when the taunting continues what are they supposed to do? Zap everyone's comments?
(Or kill the thread completely? That's HIGHLY doubtful)..

I enjoyed this thread so much last year. But again, I bowed out when the negativity and vile comments started pouring in. I'm hoping that what I'm trying to say will make sense and not offend those of you who enjoy this thread too. It would be nice to get back on track and stop all the foolishness from BOTH sides.

Many of you, I respect and enjoy reading comments from. I hope that we can continue in peace. The way the world is going, tranquility is a plus at this point.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72250 Oct 14, 2012
'Fearless Felix' Baumgartner's jump was successful! That had to be rush, speeding towards the earth at over 700mph wearing a space suit. I'm interested in seeing what it was like when he broke the sound barrier, like if there were sound waves and if the boom was loud at the point of generation.. and what of the pod he was in,, that thing has to fall to earth somewhere,, heads up.

Have a nice day,,,,, trolls, not so much.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72252 Oct 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
'Fearless Felix' Baumgartner's jump was successful! That had to be rush, speeding towards the earth at over 700mph wearing a space suit. I'm interested in seeing what it was like when he broke the sound barrier, like if there were sound waves and if the boom was loud at the point of generation.. and what of the pod he was in,, that thing has to fall to earth somewhere,, heads up.
Have a nice day,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Whoa. I'd completely forgotten about that jump!! Was it televised or recorded anywhere that we can view it today? I was so interested to see how that ended up and if he actually heard the 'boom' or felt anything when he broke the sound barrier..

Can you IMAGINE?? I don't think a million dollars, cash and tax free mine you, could entice me to do that... Nuht uh, so siree bub... I'm too fond of living and breathing.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#72253 Oct 14, 2012
I have a dead bird on the roof of my house and it's demise is not a mystery since I saw it happening. The high winds drove it into my chimney and it knocked itself out when it splattered against the brick work. Poor bird.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72254 Oct 14, 2012
Ooops, *mind you.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#72256 Oct 14, 2012
Kudos to the moderators, great job!
hum

Sevierville, TN

#72258 Oct 14, 2012
prob H.A.R.P
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72259 Oct 14, 2012
Ok, looks like red bull is killing all the video links to fearless felix's vids,, I've been to several dead ends including you tube who was supposed to do live feed. I will post a link if I find a viable one.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72263 Oct 14, 2012
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/1...

live interview in progress and the vid is on the link too near the bottom of the page.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72264 Oct 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Ok, looks like red bull is killing all the video links to fearless felix's vids,, I've been to several dead ends including you tube who was supposed to do live feed. I will post a link if I find a viable one.
Thanks! I'd really like to see some footage of it. I'll go try to find something to. We can post each others finds, if that's ok with you!!
_-_Nope_-_,
Momentarily:
*Poof*
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72265 Oct 14, 2012
You can bet the red bull marketing team is all up on this event. Heck I may even buy a red bull and drink one for ol fearless felix.

A red bull to ya..... trolls, just the bull part
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#72266 Oct 14, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I'd really like to see some footage of it. I'll go try to find something to. We can post each others finds, if that's ok with you!!
_-_Nope_-_,
Momentarily:
*Poof*
That link worked good for me. I'd threw up all over that sixty thousand dollar helmet when he began to slow down to 640mph,, lol.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#72271 Oct 14, 2012
That was outstanding! Thanks for the link! I watched being afraid he'd pass out before he landed. Of course I'm sure the chute had an auto release, but still. Man, what courage...
(Or stupidity, one of the two, lol).
I think I'll just stick with my Harley, thank you very much! ROFLMBO!!

Thanks for sharing, Hemp!!
:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#72275 Oct 14, 2012
Still no rain. Hmm, what happened??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hot blonde??? 3 hr kyfreak 1
Louisville the next Baltimore 4 hr truth 5
Ricky Ovington (Nov '13) 5 hr haha 5
Time Warner Cable 6 hr now you know 7
Candace Stevens Hall 7 hr EIIa 2
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 9 hr opie282 86
Court records: Man charged in fatal 'road rage'... 11 hr jury please convict 5
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]