United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

So how does serial numbers work? For example say thug A shot Thug B, how would they know thug A's gun did it? Does the shell casings get imprinted upon ejection or does the barrell mark the bullett? Or do the police forensics just get lucky and find both the gun and casing and match it up?
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

do they do a registry check for recent type of gun bought in the area after the crime is committed?
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

When they are talking gun registration, it usually means, you bring your assault rifle in to the police station and they take down the serial number and make and model. Then they finger print you and do a background check to see if you are qualified to own it.

When a round is fired, there will be marks on the casing that are unique to the weapon that fired it. The bullet will also have unique rifling marks.

So shoot your next victim with a double barrel shotgun and take the spent casings with you. leave nothing at the scene.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

so the bullet cant be analyzed but the casing can?
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

I know that you were in the Army. Surly you looked down the barrel of your rifle as you cleaned it. The lands and groves leave unique marks on the bullets. Same with handguns.

Not so with a shotgun. Or you could get a crossbow. Or get one of these and get in close.

http://www.gerberknives.co/product/Gerber/Kni...
better yet

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Scarecrow wrote:
I know that you were in the Army. Surly you looked down the barrel of your rifle as you cleaned it. The lands and groves leave unique marks on the bullets. Same with handguns.
Not so with a shotgun. Or you could get a crossbow. Or get one of these and get in close.
use a baseball bat. a dog , poison , rig and accident , burn them alive in their home or just raise taxes so high that they starve to death or die of exposure as Obama would want it to be for all people but the Black Muslims.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Scarecrow wrote:
I knew about the barrell, im talking how would someone know...like do they have a pic of the barrell indention on file or do,they sorta hafta get lucky and find the gun on thug A to link thug A to the crime?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitch McConnell 15 min Average Guy 6
Cardinal shower Enclosures 38 min Jane 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Hii 81,570
Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 2 hr cynthia boling 72
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr cathyjudy 26,185
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 9 hr shew 1,014
Which innocent LMPD slain is most despicable? (Nov '13) 12 hr Fritz 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search