Revelations

Marcus Hook, PA

#1 Mar 1, 2013
So how does serial numbers work? For example say thug A shot Thug B, how would they know thug A's gun did it? Does the shell casings get imprinted upon ejection or does the barrell mark the bullett? Or do the police forensics just get lucky and find both the gun and casing and match it up?
Revelations

Marcus Hook, PA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
do they do a registry check for recent type of gun bought in the area after the crime is committed?
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 1, 2013
When they are talking gun registration, it usually means, you bring your assault rifle in to the police station and they take down the serial number and make and model. Then they finger print you and do a background check to see if you are qualified to own it.

When a round is fired, there will be marks on the casing that are unique to the weapon that fired it. The bullet will also have unique rifling marks.

So shoot your next victim with a double barrel shotgun and take the spent casings with you. leave nothing at the scene.
Revelations

Marcus Hook, PA

#4 Mar 1, 2013
so the bullet cant be analyzed but the casing can?
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#5 Mar 1, 2013
I know that you were in the Army. Surly you looked down the barrel of your rifle as you cleaned it. The lands and groves leave unique marks on the bullets. Same with handguns.

Not so with a shotgun. Or you could get a crossbow. Or get one of these and get in close.

http://www.gerberknives.co/product/Gerber/Kni...
better yet

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Mar 1, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
I know that you were in the Army. Surly you looked down the barrel of your rifle as you cleaned it. The lands and groves leave unique marks on the bullets. Same with handguns.
Not so with a shotgun. Or you could get a crossbow. Or get one of these and get in close.
use a baseball bat. a dog , poison , rig and accident , burn them alive in their home or just raise taxes so high that they starve to death or die of exposure as Obama would want it to be for all people but the Black Muslims.
Revelations

Marcus Hook, PA

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Scarecrow wrote:
I knew about the barrell, im talking how would someone know...like do they have a pic of the barrell indention on file or do,they sorta hafta get lucky and find the gun on thug A to link thug A to the crime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murderer Josh Young 6 hr Disgusted 2
Is the LMPD, Good or Bad ? (Jan '13) 12 hr chucky 68
Review: Speedi Hot Lunch Service LLC 13 hr Perry Winkle 1
dawn gee (Jan '13) 13 hr abelld 12
Mcconnell or grimes 14 hr Tony 33
is Ali a muslim? (Jan '14) 15 hr Roofus 14
Right-to-work: The right message for Kentucky's... 15 hr Ace McMollan 6
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs