A year later, Creation Museum claiming big crowds

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

This Thursday, July 6, 2006 file photo shows an exhibit depicting two archeologists coming to very different conclusions while unearthing the same skeleton, is part of what will become the Creation Museum, near ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 311 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2012
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Pat Kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

And now, for an actual scientific view:

"15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense"

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm...
Karen

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Even though I think that it's terrible to teach children religious mythology instead of factual information I can't help roaring with laughter every time I see those pictures of humans running around with dinosaurs. It's the right of every parent to teach their kids whatever they want but...LOL. That one is so ridiculous that I can't help laughing. My other favorite is how the Grand Canyon was created by Noah's flood. They're as funny as they are scary.
kelly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I think this museum is a wonderful idea. My famiy and I are planning a visit next month.

Since: Sep 08

Bainbridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

kelly wrote:
I think this museum is a wonderful idea. My famiy and I are planning a visit next month.
I too would love to visit. I'll take God's truth any day over the evolutionist viewpoint. No wonder there is no value of human life anymore.
streen

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I'll take actual truth any day over the mythology of one one group. No wonder there is no value on intelligence anymore.
Volit

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I guess we weren't making kids stupid fast enough.
eric d

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

kelly wrote:
I think this museum is a wonderful idea. My famiy and I are planning a visit next month.
Be careful not to drive off the edge of your flat earth!

Since: Sep 08

Bainbridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

streen wrote:
I'll take actual truth any day over the mythology of one one group. No wonder there is no value on intelligence anymore.
I'm just curious as to why the fossilized human footprint that was found next to dinosaur footprints in Texas was destroyed? If it was fake, why was it destroyed?
Dave

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I had a class in college entitled "Comparative Economic Systems". This was an objectively oriented class that taught all of us ignorant kids how the world worked.
I still remember this class.
What would be wrong with presenting in a classroom setting the same approach to the THEORY of How we got here. After all everything that is passed off as actual is also just a theory. We can do wonders so far as carbon dating stuff and analyzing old bones, but all the rest of it is just a theory.
Kids deserve to be informed of everything that is out there.
If someone is afraid to give them all that is out there, I wonder what they are afraid of ??????
swath

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I can't wait for the astrology museum, the phrenology museum, the flat-earth museum, and the moon-is-made-of-cheese museum. Just goes to show that PT Barnum was right . . .
Turner

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Dave wrote:
I had a class in college entitled "Comparative Economic Systems". This was an objectively oriented class that taught all of us ignorant kids how the world worked.
I still remember this class.
What would be wrong with presenting in a classroom setting the same approach to the THEORY of How we got here. After all everything that is passed off as actual is also just a theory. We can do wonders so far as carbon dating stuff and analyzing old bones, but all the rest of it is just a theory.
Kids deserve to be informed of everything that is out there.
If someone is afraid to give them all that is out there, I wonder what they are afraid of ??????
I'm just waiting for a creationist educated enough to know what a scientific theory is, because they always seem to think it is the same as a theory in the vernacular sense.

No need to need to teach astrology, phreonology, alchemy or creationism in science class because none of them are based on science. If you want your kid to be an idiot, you will just have to homeschool him.
Right on Time

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Why can't you have a decent discussion on here without insulting people of faith? I thought this was supposed to be such a tolerant bunch, but Santa Cruz has become the worst of the worst in terms of that. Shame on you, eric d, and others of your ilk.

Since: Oct 08

Grass Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Where do these nut cases get all their money?
Right on Time

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want your kid to be an idiot, you will just have to homeschool him.
Nice, Turner. Way to ignore the statistics on scholastic achievement by homeschooled kids in order to make a mean-spirited point. What I noticed from the article is how much the scientists are the ones who "feared" this museum and its impact. Funny that critical thinkers should fear something they so easily dismiss as fantasy.
George Bush

Lawrenceburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 28, 2008
 
I see every one that opposes others ideas are all from TX home of our "great" leader. Come on Nov 4th. Hey George North Korea is looking for a new leader.
Dave

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just waiting for a creationist educated enough to know what a scientific theory is, because they always seem to think it is the same as a theory in the vernacular sense.
No need to need to teach astrology, phreonology, alchemy or creationism in science class because none of them are based on science. If you want your kid to be an idiot, you will just have to homeschool him.
Hi Turner,

What are you so afraid of ?

I am not afraid of my kids being taught anything as long as they have a balanced presentation of both sides. sure sounds like you are very insecure about your side.

If you bring into this argument, "homeschooling" You are in deep trouble. There are so many reasons that people home school and the religious aspect is far down that list. Wake up sir !
Right on Time

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 28, 2008
 
The "location" is where the ISP is domeciled. I'm not in Santa Cruz and I'm not in Watsonville. My guess is that they are working from their office computers and the company ISP is in Texas.
Publius

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 28, 2008
 
Dave wrote:
I had a class in college entitled "Comparative Economic Systems". This was an objectively oriented class that taught all of us ignorant kids how the world worked.
I still remember this class.
What would be wrong with presenting in a classroom setting the same approach to the THEORY of How we got here. After all everything that is passed off as actual is also just a theory. We can do wonders so far as carbon dating stuff and analyzing old bones, but all the rest of it is just a theory.
Kids deserve to be informed of everything that is out there.
If someone is afraid to give them all that is out there, I wonder what they are afraid of ??????
It might be interesting in an anthropology course comparing various mythological beliefs. There are many "theories" involving sun gods, moon gods, Olympian gods, etc.

But it would be inappropriate in a science class to teach any theories that are not in some way supported by scientific research.
tiredofthesos

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Right on Time wrote:
Why can't you have a decent discussion on here without insulting people of faith? I thought this was supposed to be such a tolerant bunch, but Santa Cruz has become the worst of the worst in terms of that. Shame on you, eric d, and others of your ilk.
Frankly, you should mind your own business - everyone here already has a mother.

Why should any respect be offered to people like those here, who embrace ignorance and attempt to spread known lies? People who have "faith" that blinds them to everything that doesn't feed "beliefs" and self-martyrdom?
This sort of "faith" is unworthy of respect in any way - it'd be like demanding respect for hate groups on the basis that they too were "sincere".
If people have religious beliefs and wish to discuss those, you would still have a very slender point, but your comment here is utter manure.

With no respect for your concern trolling whatsoever,

-- TotSoS
tiredofthesos

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Turner,
What are you so afraid of ?
I am not afraid of my kids being taught anything as long as they have a balanced presentation of both sides. sure sounds like you are very insecure about your side.
If you bring into this argument, "homeschooling" You are in deep trouble. There are so many reasons that people home school and the religious aspect is far down that list. Wake up sir !
What. An. Idiot.

How od is the Earth? C'mon! Tell us you weren't come from no monkey!

Creationists and their defenders are capable of any lie and any tactic: they have no morals, no conscience, and no reason.
I've followed the debate for over twenty years, believing that many of these people were simply poorly informed (and many were), but anyone now who has touched the "debate" since Dover, Pennsylvania, is simply a know-nothing Xian goon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitch McConnell 16 min TEAM LABORER 413
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 21 min hmmmm 1,071
wave 3 former derrick jones? (Aug '13) 1 hr unknown 41
Steven Allison 4 hr jaded 10
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr yourmommm 1,048
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) 6 hr Ruby Valentin 271
Does Anyone Know WENDY PRICE AKA SLOPPY GREMLIN... 10 hr Sean Layman 3
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Aug 23 martyg73 71
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••