Fabian Valentine goes on armed robbery spree for less than a week of freedom

Dec 7, 2012 Full story: WKJK-AM Louisville 14

Metro Police say 35-year-old Fabian Valentine, just released from jail a week ago, committed quite a crime spree before landing back behind bars, Thursday night in Hart County.

Full Story
fabes brother

United States

#1 Dec 12, 2012
That's my brother and I'll always love him. I can't understand why he does the things he's done, but for everybody tryin to judge him its people like you that've made him the way he is. They've kept him locked up and full of psych drugs long before he started doing real crimes. After more than 20 years of all of that how can he be expected to function right out here. So for everybody that got somethin to say bout it I hope you have someone taken from you forever because the system wasn't able to provide any other alternative than drugs or jail for a kid who needed help. Love u and miss ya bru!
heart broken

Horse Cave, KY

#2 Dec 13, 2012
dear fabes brother, my son was treated the same way .he never commeted any serious crimes .but they hounded him till he hung his self.in hardin county jail.we love and miss hin so.i feal your pain. may god bless you and get you through this hard time.
from a friend

Elizabeth, IL

#3 Dec 14, 2012
fabes brother wrote:
That's my brother and I'll always love him. I can't understand why he does the things he's done, but for everybody tryin to judge him its people like you that've made him the way he is. They've kept him locked up and full of psych drugs long before he started doing real crimes. After more than 20 years of all of that how can he be expected to function right out here. So for everybody that got somethin to say bout it I hope you have someone taken from you forever because the system wasn't able to provide any other alternative than drugs or jail for a kid who needed help. Love u and miss ya bru!

I understand what you are saying but i am a friend of one of the people that had a gun held to their head in one of the robberies and it has really messed this person up...We all have to accept the consequences of the actions we take in this life so now my friend is messed up because of the action of someone who they didnt even know. I understand you love your brother just as i love my friend.. I pray for you and for your family just as i hope you will pray for my friend whos life has been changed forever. The friend I had is now gone forever...they will never be the same. I wish the world could only be a peaceful place as it was intended to be. God Bless You
quit blaming peoples pas

Cave City, KY

#5 Dec 20, 2012
we all been through something at one point or another, not everybody is using it as an excuse, most people use experience as a reason to do better so what someone has been through is just an easy way out excuse
Observing

Louisville, KY

#6 Dec 21, 2012
quit blaming peoples pas wrote:
we all been through something at one point or another, not everybody is using it as an excuse, most people use experience as a reason to do better so what someone has been through is just an easy way out excuse
I agree completely. When, how, and why have so many of us become consumed with the belief that we're not responsible for our actions? We're bombarded with these "sob stories" almost daily. Our ancestors must surely be turning in thier graves. Overall our society has become weak, whiny, spineless, and disgusting. Not to imply that there aren't honorable, responsible, respectable people left, for there are assuredly millions of us remaining, but the scales are tipping. It is no wonder that this once great nation is counting down its final clock ticks. It's sad. The criminals receive the sympathy, housing, education opportunities, health care, meals, cable, free legal representation, and countless opportunities for early release. Victims, they receive jackshit. I say turn the criminals over to the victims and then go away. The judicial system has become for the most part weak. Politically correct, yea, like that stops crime. But definitely consumed by greed and corruption. It's just sick. There can be little respect for a society as weak and pathetic as ours has become.
fabes brother

United States

#7 Dec 21, 2012
from a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying but i am a friend of one of the people that had a gun held to their head in one of the robberies and it has really messed this person up...We all have to accept the consequences of the actions we take in this life so now my friend is messed up because of the action of someone who they didnt even know. I understand you love your brother just as i love my friend.. I pray for you and for your family just as i hope you will pray for my friend whos life has been changed forever. The friend I had is now gone forever...they will never be the same. I wish the world could only be a peaceful place as it was intended to be. God Bless You
I appreciatte what your people went through and am grateful that they weren't physically harmed. I'm sorry about what happened and may god bless u and urs this holiday season.
fabes brother

United States

#8 Dec 21, 2012
heart broken wrote:
dear fabes brother, my son was treated the same way .he never commeted any serious crimes .but they hounded him till he hung his self.in hardin county jail.we love and miss hin so.i feal your pain. may god bless you and get you through this hard time.
I'm sorry 2 hear about ur son. Sometimes our loved ones do things we can't comprehend and then have to deal with it like we deal with their actions also. I'm glad that you believe that God has a role in this and will show us all the way.
fabes brother

United States

#9 Dec 21, 2012
quit blaming peoples pas wrote:
we all been through something at one point or another, not everybody is using it as an excuse, most people use experience as a reason to do better so what someone has been through is just an easy way out excuse
if I believed that you had experienced 1% of what fabe did growin up I might give ur statement some credence. But if we drug a chld out of his mind with"medicine" to the point where they can't function and then cut them off as an adult we can only expect a person to wind up either like my brother, or some internet tough guy spouting off ignorant statements behind a pseudonym. Either way I don't see the great benefit 2 society.
Take into consideration

Shelbyville, KY

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Observing wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. When, how, and why have so many of us become consumed with the belief that we're not responsible for our actions? We're bombarded with these "sob stories" almost daily. Our ancestors must surely be turning in thier graves. Overall our society has become weak, whiny, spineless, and disgusting. Not to imply that there aren't honorable, responsible, respectable people left, for there are assuredly millions of us remaining, but the scales are tipping. It is no wonder that this once great nation is counting down its final clock ticks. It's sad. The criminals receive the sympathy, housing, education opportunities, health care, meals, cable, free legal representation, and countless opportunities for early release. Victims, they receive jackshit. I say turn the criminals over to the victims and then go away. The judicial system has become for the most part weak. Politically correct, yea, like that stops crime. But definitely consumed by greed and corruption. It's just sick. There can be little respect for a society as weak and pathetic as ours has become.
Sir, please take into consideration what this young man is trying to tell everyone. I myself have been on those psch med's. I had a small glitch in my neurologial system They forced me by law to take these meds or lose driving privileges forever. I took them for 4 months and literally almost died. My mind had thoughts that were straight from hell. I couldn't function in the real world because I absolutely didn't know what the real world was . It's hard telling what I would have done had I been able to physically function. I was sooo sick physically, but it was nothing compared to the mental devastation I faced. However, the blessing was, something inside of me knew that I had to get off those meds or I was going to die. I was not institutionalized, therefore, there was not someone shoving them down my throat. However weekly blood test proved that I was indeed following Dr.'s orders. So I know exactly what this young man is talking about. Fab's bro,...I am so sorry about your brother. I know exactly what his mind went through and I think since the government is everwhere in our lives, they should start paying attention to what medical doctor's (of any kind) are doing to people.I sincerely hope you and your family can find peace this christmas.
Observing

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 21, 2012
I agree that the meds are a significant contributing problem for many people. It was not my intent to imply that NOTHING exaserbates a problem. An excessive overindulgence in alcohol has and could again lead me to unacceptable actions. I was and would again solely be responsible, not the bartender. That is my point. We, as individuals, need be accountable for our actions. Not we, as a society. Many folks experience misfortune and bad breaks. They and their loved ones need counter those before potentially bad things happen to innocent people.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 21, 2012
Criminal Justice System makes the criminals... wat else can this man do? His whole life is being taken away, and nobody doing a thang to stop it. When we gonna treat people like they people?
Observing

Louisville, KY

#13 Dec 21, 2012
John Masters wrote:
Criminal Justice System makes the criminals... wat else can this man do? His whole life is being taken away, and nobody doing a thang to stop it. When we gonna treat people like they people?
There is truth to your statement. However, I still maintain that people can "screw up" and subsequently change their path. The government rarely, if ever, fixes anything. The system is money driven. No more, no less. Most of those in charge need chains. But we can choose our paths for the most part. Or, we choose not to choose, and permit others to do so for us.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#14 Dec 21, 2012
Love and compassion is the only way to bring anybody back... it's not guaranteed, but it's the only way, and so either we can make it worse, or we can make it better, and our system is based on the idea that a man can change, so given the same opportunities, and options, I dont c y Mr. Gentleman wouldnt b civilized and respectful, but instead, we send them to jail, to get a drugs and violence PH.D, hanging out with other criminals, and torture them, and let them get raped, and beat up by the jailers, and harassed and molested by the other prisoners, and then send them out in the world with a "felony" on their record, so they only do what they know how to do, with no other options, what else can they do? Plus Kentucky spends all of her money on prisons... for every $1 we spend on education, we save $2 on jails... and how's it feel paying for their entire livelihoods? Amerika's aint got Socialism, except in her jails... if you can accept a lil beating/raping/murder every once in awhile.
foreverscared

Louisville, KY

#15 Feb 10, 2013
fabes brother wrote:
<quoted text>if I believed that you had experienced 1% of what fabe did growin up I might give ur statement some credence. But if we drug a chld out of his mind with"medicine" to the point where they can't function and then cut them off as an adult we can only expect a person to wind up either like my brother, or some internet tough guy spouting off ignorant statements behind a pseudonym. Either way I don't see the great benefit 2 society.
I am a victim of ur brothers illegal actions!! I never had this happen to me before!! He came up behind me with a gun. For what?$500. What did he need it for? I now carry pepper spray every where i go. Im afraid of every noise or person that walks up behind me. I dont think i will ever be abe to "forgive" ur brother!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KFC yum! center 1 hr CAT FAN 50
I hate fat women (Dec '09) 2 hr Cracker Country Boy 218
The REAL MLK - Traitor, Wife-beater and Fraud (Jan '12) 3 hr Sammy7 87
Loserville Cardinals are about to be DESTROYED 3 hr Cats Fan 18
my cat has eaten a patinos birds 4 hr cardfan 9
who won the U of L and UK game? 5 hr cat 2
Kaley Cuoco's DECENT haircut 6 hr REally ToO 10
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Dec 22 The real cody lane 260
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:08 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:08PM
Colts finish AFC South sweep, beat Titans 27-10 - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 1:19 PM
Colts bounce back, go 6-0 in AFC South
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Cincinnati Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 4:37 PM
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Pittsburgh Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 5:05 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has upset stomach, hasn't warmed up