Since: Jul 10

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Interesting you should say that Richard. I have always ben facinated with the Knights Templars. I have read how they got started, their work in the holy land and how they were betrayed by the French King Phillip the Fair on Friday 13, October 1307.

Some think they were evil, but I believe they were a force for good. I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

Level 3

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

SgtMike77 wrote:
Interesting you should say that Richard. I have always ben facinated with the Knights Templars. I have read how they got started, their work in the holy land and how they were betrayed by the French King Phillip the Fair on Friday 13, October 1307.
Some think they were evil, but I believe they were a force for good. I could go on and on but I'll stop here.
Mike the Church owed the Knights Templar vast sums of money. The Church convinced the King that the knights were heritics, and they peed on the Bible, that they engaged in homosexual activities. and so on. On Friday the 13th 1307 they rounded up all the known Templars that did not escape and put them in jails, and tortured them. They were burned at the stake eventually. The history of the Knights is very fascinating. I joined the York Rite and attained the level of Knights Templar, and now when i get the chance i read as much as possible on them........

“Standing Tall”

Level 2

Since: Aug 10

Louisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Richard, we did visit Rosslyn Chapel. I remember it being not far from Edinburgh. It was incredibly beautiful. To be honest I did not have any idea what I was looking at. It's like it was in code, the stone was carved in faces and symbols. I did recognize the two men on a horse symbol. The workmanship was like nothing, I have seen before or after. I remember something about Herod's Temple. I thank that's what the Jews want to rebuild in Jerusalem.

I also toured Edinburgh Castle and saw the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Destiny.

“Standing Tall”

Level 2

Since: Aug 10

Louisville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Irish Banshee If you hear the food is not good in Scotland don't believe it. The food was wonderful. When we were at Fort William I had fresh salmon caught that day from the north sea. It was served with butter and small boiled potatoes. I have never tasted potatoes so good and the fish was the best I have eaten anywhere. My lady friend had the Angus stake which was delicious. That was one of the best dinners I can remember. I washed it down with a wonderful glass of English Ale. I also visited the isle of sky. If you like I'll tell you about it tomarrow?
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Ice Man thats it make me even more envious...of all the places in Scotland I want to see it Loch Ness...yes i believe in nessie to...LOL...but the best way to see things is with a local...i lived in Germany for 2 yrs while in the service...stationed in alittle hell-hole called Grafenwhoer...they had Reforger exercises there a few yrs...training area...the place was actually a Nazi training camp...Hitler had been there a few times...he watched his troops march from what is now the base commanders home...the women's barracks was actually and old Gestapo jail..we kept our luggage, etc in the cells...talk about a very creepy place...the MP barracks still have the death head above the doorway...and there was a small POW/Concentration camp there close to the tank trails..saw where the Nurnberg war trials were..very interesting little town..
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

i really loved Europe...travelled around on some of the tours...being a woman made it easier for me to go places alot of GI's couldnt go...i speak german took it in high school...made it to the Oktoberfest what an awesome party..LOL.
never heard Scottish food was bad i personally am a big fan of haggis...it reminds me of a Pennsylvania Dutch food called Hogs Maw....same principle as haggis but with a hogs belly...yummy..i love to try different ethnic foods as long as bugs are not part of the meal...LOL...the closest i ever got to the British isles was Paris and i was not impressed with it..sure the monuments are awesome and i loved the Lourve...but Paris is really a dirty city at least it was back in the 70's..I love the Proveance(spelling) region and Avignon..been to Augsburg-Charlemagne's home city...and Rothenburg au der Tauber...now that is an awesome place...still entirely within the castle walls...had a cool torture museum with all the medieval torture equipment...very enlightening..
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

IceMan yes definitely tell me more...the Isle of Skye and Iona and all those little islands off the north shore if Scotland are also places i want to go...there are stone circles on some of them...like stonehenge but on smalled scale..i am totally into things like that...i just love history what can i say
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Sgt MIke & Richard...i love how this conversation has taken a turn to the Knights Templar...Rosslyn Chapel per legend is where the their treasure went after they were all arrested...the date they were arrested the 13th...is a large part of why people think Friday the 13th is so unlucky as it was on a Friday...they were the original bankers per se in Europe...during the Crusades while in Jerusalem they were "stationed" in what was Solomon's temple...that is what the Jews want to rebuild...the rebuilding is part of a "doomsday" prophecy...when it is rebuilt the end is near...not sure about whole legend of that but have heard it from several people...
Rosslyn Chapel has images from Christianity, Paganism...there are also stone carvings in it that resemble corn which at the time it was built no one even knew about as corn came from the Americas...just another little bit of evidence that people had been to the "New World" prior to Columbus...Prince Henry Sinclair I believe is the one that was responsible for building it...and he is also reported to have travelled to the New World...Rossyln is a very interesting place I would think...have you ever noticed the image that is on all four corners of the Freemason building downtown as you get off the 65N I think it is the Brook St exit...it is the Babylonian goddess Baphomet..the same one that the Templars were said to have worshipped..this I have always found very very interesting...just more proof that they were at one time the remnants of the Knights...among other things...not to mention a head that may or may not have been John the Baptist's severed head...
I recently saw something on the History channel dealing with the Knights and the Shroud of Turin...the family that had it and ended bringing it to light were the descendant of Geoffrey de Charney who was burned/cooked at the stake along with Jacques de Molay...i thought was rather interesting...i really liked the Nicholas Cage movies that dealt with the Templar treasure and the City of Cibola...maybe alittle Hollywood but intriguing...
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Richard I noticed that your avatar is the Freemason symbol...maybe you could tell me why is Baphomet on all 4 corners of the Freemason bldg here in L-ville...that really does fascinate me...i too think that the Knights were a good force...the Pope and King Phillip owed alot of $$$ to the Templars...and what better way not to pay them - just get rid of them...the Pope at that time was nothing more than a puppet Pope to King Phillip...wasnt that around the time the the church had the schism in which the Popes actually did not live in Rome but in Avignon...
The Knights were also said to have recovered some relics/documents while living in the ruins of Solomon's Temple...stuff that legend alludes to as being able to destroy the Church...stuff similar to what is mentioned in Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code"...Mr Brown does write some interesting things..his "Angels and Demons" is about the Illuminati and I am very interested in reading his newest book "The Lost Symbol"...I think it deals with the Freemasons..but not sure about that...
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

I really must say gentlemen this is turning into a very awesome "blog"...I am so glad that intelligent people are contributing to this rather than some of the people out here...most enjoyable...
I have always enjoyed talking to people that I am interested in...history, science, etc..
LOL...to be honest with you that is how I have always "judged" people when I meet them...are they capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation...sounds silly but believe me I have met some real winners thru the years...some have absolutely no brain in their head at all nor do they desire to learn more...
kudos to you all...let us continue the banter...hope you all have/had a wonderful day and have an enjoyable weekend :)

Level 3

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Irish Banshee wrote:
Richard I noticed that your avatar is the Freemason symbol...maybe you could tell me why is Baphomet on all 4 corners of the Freemason bldg here in L-ville...that really does fascinate me...i too think that the Knights were a good force...the Pope and King Phillip owed alot of $$$ to the Templars...and what better way not to pay them - just get rid of them...the Pope at that time was nothing more than a puppet Pope to King Phillip...wasnt that around the time the the church had the schism in which the Popes actually did not live in Rome but in Avignon...
The Knights were also said to have recovered some relics/documents while living in the ruins of Solomon's Temple...stuff that legend alludes to as being able to destroy the Church...stuff similar to what is mentioned in Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code"...Mr Brown does write some interesting things..his "Angels and Demons" is about the Illuminati and I am very interested in reading his newest book "The Lost Symbol"...I think it deals with the Freemasons..but not sure about that...
Woe to my ignorance about the building and what is ibn stone. I have not went to the Scottish Rite Temple in a long time so i cant tell you what it looks like nor do i know why there are desings of Baphomet on it.
The Knights treasure is said to be in many places. Rosslyn Temple, The Money Pit (i think that is what it is caled )In Canada, where people have died trying to get into. Probally lost at sea or squandered but the legend is enduring.
The Lost Symbol book was not near as good as other Dan Brown books.A Masonic legend is there is a lost word. When the Master who oversaw the building of Solomons temple was killed along with his life went the secret word of a Master Mason. In this book the main carachter tries to find the True word.
I have always wanted to travel to Scotland. Along with the temples i have always been fascinated with Loch Ness since i saw a documentry when i was real young with Leonard Nemoy talking about the monster. Yes i believe it is true also.
Yorick

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

I'm here huckleberry. I didn't have anything meaningful to contribute.

That which we call a rose By any other word would smell as sweet.

Your humble bard is also well traveled I was in Scotland as Macbeth. If you want to see what Loch Ness looks like, Rent a house boat on lake Cumberland and cruse the eastern end of the lake. It looks just like Loch Ness. Mountains on both sides of the lake, there might even be some sheep grazing in a mountain pasture.
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

lol yorick hope to go to lake cumberland next summer to camp...at least that is the plan...no big deal on contributing...nice to see you though
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

richard thanks for info on new Dan Brown book...i will buy his new book then will probably just get it from library...thanks for saving me some $$$ though...i have a rather interesting book on the money pit...it is called oak island-the money pit...very enlightening...gives history of it past and present...i did see recently the documentary about it on history channel apparently the 2 owners of the island have been feuding for years well now that they are getting up in years they have made peace with each other and are in process of trying to sell the island to a new group of treasure hunters...would be interesting to see if there really is anything there...and if they really do find something will it be covered up...
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

not to digress on another subject but several yrs back i saw something on the history channel regarding the egyptian sphinx...suppossedly they had used ground penetrating radar on the land around in and found that there was a chamber under its feet...they were going to open it but Zahi Hawass(spelling) prevented it from being open..Dr Hawass now has a TV show on History channel...now while i think the man is rather full of himself i will give him credit that he is protecting his country's heritage and getting back some of the egyptian artifacts back to the country..anyway per myth/legend this chamber is to contain some type of document/artifacts from the lost city of Atlantis...Egypt being one of the countries were Atlantean survivors fled to...I believe that Mexico is another...i think it would be very interesting if that chamber really did exist and was opened...
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Yorick...funny you should mention seeing sheep...there is a website i go to on Loch Ness that has actual online cameras you can sit and watch in hopes of catching a glimpse of Nessie...LOL there is even one of the sheep paddock..complete with two sheep that wander around...their names are Mavis & Sheba...i especially find the pic of Godzilla and the sheep paddock most amusing...as well as the pic of Nessie coming out of water with sturgeon in its mouth...if only...LOL
if anyone is interested in checking it out here is the link
http://www.lochness.co.uk
they have just put in a real time digital camera and are currently working out the bugs...they are also working on putting an underwater camera online as well...have yet to actually see anything but it is fun to watch for awhile...
Yorick

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

I have walked the banks of Loch Ness below Castle Urquhart where the famous picture of Nessie was taken. And then wiped the sheep poop off my shoes.

Macbeth
"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red" -(Act II, Scene II).

“The easy way is always mined. ”

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Banshee Edgar Cayce predicted back in the 1930s that the Library of Alexandria would be discovered under the Sphinx's right paw. I also heard that the Vatican had a copy of the documents. If they found it they wouldn't make it public.

They have hidden technology and our history from the public for years. Thanks to the Internet we are gradually finding out the truth. The sad thing is most of the people don't want to know. As evidence by the intelligent conversations on most threads.
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

SgtMike77 have read some of Edgar Cayce stuff found it very interesting...question for you though regarding library of alexandria...i thought that library of alexandria actually sunk of the coast of alexandria along with the lighthouse at pharos due to an ancient earthquake...my only problem with cayce's theory is that when and how was it moved to the sphinx as there are no warning signs for an earthquake unlike say a hurricane or tornado.....
he also predicted that atlantis would rise sometime in the 60-70's...which is about the time the "Bimini Road" was discovered in the caribbean...have you ever tried the program Google Earth...it is a most enlightening little program in that you can actually look at the bottom of the ocean...well what they have "found" with sonar...funny thing is that you can see the floor of all the caribbean EXCEPT for where the Bimini Road is....then it is just satellite pics...however if you look at the caribbean around puerto rico/cuba there are some rather interesting "formations" to be seen that look like it could be something...there is also some interesting things off the coast of africa close to the azores i think although it may be the canary islands...without looking cannot be sure...they are to the left and slightly south...it looks like roads, etc...really interesting
i totally agree with you in that if the vatican did have copies of documents they will never release it...they have so many secret archives it isnt funny and it is very hard to gain access even to those items they allow viewing of...they are such a tight lipped secretive bunch dont you think...but that is how they have managed to be the "controlling" religion for centuries all under the guise that it would be too much for humanity to handle....say who i personally would love to see some of it brought to light...in this day and age i do not think it would rock the prbverbial boat as much as they think it would...LOL
Irish Banshee

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

yorick not sure when you were at Loch Ness but i have read where they are going reall touristy around Castle Urqhuat...seen pics of some of the renovations...i actually like that particular skyline with the castle ruins..find it rather hauntingly beautiful
I love MacBeth...and find the true story of him very interesting...Castle Glamis is also an interesting place in that i believe legend has it that one of the owners played a game of cards with the devil and that room is now walled up but is said to be haunted...the castle has a dark dark past...
also isnt alestir crowley/jimmy pages home close the the loch...now crowley is an interesting character...lol...for that matter so is jimmy page...LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of47
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 26,163
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr gogetter 81,541
Crews working fatal accident on Southern Parkway 3 hr Phoenix97 9
a virtual fitness studio (Aug '11) 5 hr FitnessPrincess 2
Male / Male Massage Exchange (May '12) 6 hr lexm4m 12
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 7 hr Truth 97
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 8 hr Disgusted 269
•••
•••