Police clear officer in shooting of teen

Police clear officer in shooting of teen

There are 65 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Nov 3, 2007, titled Police clear officer in shooting of teen. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

After a six-month investigation, Louisville Metro Police Chief Robert White has exonerated Officer Thomas Hodgkins of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of 16-year-old Evan Harlow on April 30. via The Courier-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

#43 Jun 20, 2009
No but I have read the police report where it not once states he was in possession of a weapon.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#44 Jun 20, 2009
Obviously the little punk was doing something he shouldnt have been doing..IMO he got what he deserved.

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#45 Jun 20, 2009
triple6vamp wrote:
Obviously the little punk was doing something he shouldnt have been doing..IMO he got what he deserved.
yup, damn straight. If you obey the law you never have to worry about getting shot

Why do these people think you can run, shoot at cops and rob people and its ok?
Never Forgotten

Louisville, KY

#46 Jun 20, 2009
What do you not understand about he was not robbing anyone or shooting at the police?

So if you burn music you deserve to be shot? That is breaking the law.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#47 Jun 20, 2009
Never Forgotten wrote:
What do you not understand about he was not robbing anyone or shooting at the police?
Again,how in the hell do you know what he was doing.

You're fighting a losing battle here until you show some proof.

And with that I say au revoir.

No Im not french just though it sounded cool..HaHa !!

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Level 1

Location hidden

#48 Jun 20, 2009
Never Forgotten wrote:
if you burn it to resell it... then yes... get shot.

Criminal behavior doesn't have degrees Oo
Never Forgotten

Louisville, KY

#49 Jun 24, 2009
If it is in the police report that a weapon was NEVER found what more proof do you need? I am not here to argue with someone that thinks they know 100% of the truth because of what they heard. That is all hearsay so if you choose to believe what you hear over the actual facts than you are just as good as the piece of shit cop that got away with murder.
RIP Little Brother!

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Level 1

Location hidden

#50 Jun 24, 2009
Never Forgotten wrote:
If it is in the police report that a weapon was NEVER found what more proof do you need? I am not here to argue with someone that thinks they know 100% of the truth because of what they heard. That is all hearsay so if you choose to believe what you hear over the actual facts than you are just as good as the piece of shit cop that got away with murder.
RIP Little Brother!
Yea screw the little brother bullshit. It was a kid doing something stupid. period. You guys need to get the hell over the whole world is out to get you thing. Do you really think a police officer wants to deal with the administrative hassles that come with shooting one person? Your little brother is dead because of his own damn stupidity. "oh noes, its a cop... RUN AWAY!"
michael

Louisville, KY

#51 Feb 24, 2010
no fukthis guy
Timothy

Louisville, KY

#52 Apr 24, 2010
Marcmorr6 u dont know nothin so keep ur mouth shut ur prolly one of these little pricks that have fun with runnin ur mouth but the truth is that u was prolly one of those little kids that got bullied in school ha and to let every body kno if u dont kno what happened then keep ur comments to ur self i read the police report i read the coreners report and 17 gun shot wound is very un called for thats just rage and second it was a friends grandmas house that he was staying in oh an when they said he had a gun then why didnt they find it on his possesion? and the officer was on the radio said he is down we have him restraind then next thing u kno they say shots fired suspect down i would love for any body to tell me how that happend.. but i love and miss u evan harlow
ftp

Prospect, KY

#53 Apr 24, 2010
agree
Timothy wrote:
Marcmorr6 u dont know nothin so keep ur mouth shut ur prolly one of these little pricks that have fun with runnin ur mouth but the truth is that u was prolly one of those little kids that got bullied in school ha and to let every body kno if u dont kno what happened then keep ur comments to ur self i read the police report i read the coreners report and 17 gun shot wound is very un called for thats just rage and second it was a friends grandmas house that he was staying in oh an when they said he had a gun then why didnt they find it on his possesion? and the officer was on the radio said he is down we have him restraind then next thing u kno they say shots fired suspect down i would love for any body to tell me how that happend.. but i love and miss u evan harlow
i agree with you sounds like a wannabe if you think its ok to put 17 hot ones in a 16yr old kid for running not shooting thats part of the problem
timothy

United States

#54 Apr 26, 2010
ftp wrote:
agree <quoted text>i agree with you sounds like a wannabe if you think its ok to put 17 hot ones in a 16yr old kid for running not shooting thats part of the problem
thanks bud i just had to say it
Louisvillegirl

Louisville, KY

#55 Jul 8, 2013
Marcmorr6 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea screw the little brother bullshit. It was a kid doing something stupid. period. You guys need to get the hell over the whole world is out to get you thing. Do you really think a police officer wants to deal with the administrative hassles that come with shooting one person? Your little brother is dead because of his own damn stupidity. "oh noes, its a cop... RUN AWAY!"
I hate people like you. If it had been your best friend or brother whatever you wouldnt be sayin that shit. and you can go ahead and deny all you want but you know its true. i didnt know evan but i did go to school with him and he was on house arrest think it was a month before he got shop sumthin like that, i was standing with some of my friends and he came up and started talking about how he was scared this cop was after him because every time he would see evan he always told him "im going to get you one day." he was a 16 year old boy he did not shoot at the cop and i dont think he had a gun. I understand a cop has to defend himself and if someone shoots at him then by all means shoot back but for him to have shot him that many times is ridiculous its almost like he got satisfaction out of killing him. I hate it and i hate people like you that make disgusting comments on shit you know nothing about why dont you just cut your hands off so you cant type that shit nomore. RIP Evan and every other person who was wrongfully killed.
Louisvillegirl

Louisville, KY

#56 Jul 8, 2013
oh yeah and marcmorr6 i think you are a cop or if you arent then you could be one cuz you definitley got the cocky bitch ass personality of one. i love how you people live in a fairytale and think "oh its a cop so perfect and innocent." nah theyre people just like you and me but they have the authority to carry guns and walk around in a uniform getting rid of criminals. Dog the bounty hunter is better in my opinion juss sayin at least he dont go around shooting people 17 times and he gets the shit done, he even lets them smoke a cigarette before they go into the jail. and no im not sayin all cops are bad cuz we need cops, we just dont need the ones that do crimes themselves and get away with the shit cuz theyre "Cops." didnt you hear about the cop that was charged with sexually harrasing a teenager in louisville by texting her nasty messages on her cell phone and she was a minor hmmm but you know what he got away with it cuz he didnt know no better hes a cop. i love how society treats them like 3 year olds lol lets just pat them on the hand and say dont do it again heres a cookie. im done just wanted to make a point. not all cops are good.
Louisvillegirl

Louisville, KY

#58 Jul 9, 2013
Hippopotomonstrosisman wrote:
<quoted text>
I got news for you and I suggest you listen up.
Cops aren't the only ones licensed to carry and kill. There are thousands of us lawful, abiding citizens who thru our 2nd amendment have the right to carry concealed and sometimes open carry in states that allow us to.
There are "stand your ground laws".
"Castle doctrine laws".
"Right to bear laws".
It's us you need to worry about.
You seem to think the police have an easy job out there on the streets protecting "you".
If you're sick of the way cops are treated and they are "untouchable", feel free to pack your shit and gtfo of the country.
It's white trash filth like yourself that spews hate behind your keyboard towards men and woman that put their life on the line everyday. You make me sick.
I hope someday you get gang raped and robbed by some thugs and you choose not to dial 911 because you think some crooked cops are going to show up and say you deserved it.
Fu(k off skank.
i hope somebody does try and do that shit to me cuz it wont be the cops ill be callin :) and why would i leave my own country theres cops everywhere even in other countries and im sure they are worse than here. Im not spewing hate im just stating the facts i didnt say i hated cops i just said when they do shit thats uncalled for they dont get in any trouble, i like the good cops the ones that actually do their job and the right thing. Im not a skank thats your mama and you can fuck off and have a nice day!!
Politically incorrect

United States

#59 Jul 9, 2013
I agree with ya Louisville girl. One poster said "obey the law and you wont get shot. " this Guy forreal? What about the 2 women those cops shot looking for Chris Donner? I'm sure someone will post other cases, if not look em up. What a bunch of government worshipping fools!
Louisvillegirl

Louisville, KY

#60 Jul 9, 2013
Politically incorrect wrote:
I agree with ya Louisville girl. One poster said "obey the law and you wont get shot. " this Guy forreal? What about the 2 women those cops shot looking for Chris Donner? I'm sure someone will post other cases, if not look em up. What a bunch of government worshipping fools!
well atleast someone agrees. i usually dont post on these cuz i kinda think its stupid but this i had to cuz it made me mad how people are on here sayin "oh i hope he didnt have any brothers or sisters." or "he deserved it." if that was their baby or loved one they wouldnt be sayin that shit. No respect. But thanks for backing me up cuz someone needs to say something nice.:)
pastedfromanothe r

Georgetown, KY

#61 Jul 9, 2013
the 4 rules of gun safety, taught to every single cop:
1 - treat all guns as if they are loaded.
2 - Never point the weapon at anything you are not willing to destroy.
3 - Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4 - Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

again Rule # 4 - Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

and now for more good police work:

http://rt.com/usa/florida-man-police-kill-325...
at 1:30 am, a perplexed Florida man answered the door to see what kind of unannounced visitors were outside. Holding a gun for security, 26-year old Andrew Scott was instantly shot dead by police after he opened the door.
The police department says it would not have opened fire if the man had not been holding a gun, but neighbors want to know why the authorities didn’t identify themselves at the door.

http://gawker.com/5941416/nypd-officer-shoots...
A Bronx bodega employee was shot and killed by a police officer early this morning as he was fleeing a robbery inside the store.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story...
Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House
L E B A N O N, Tenn.
A 61-year-old man was shot to death by
police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug raid on the wrong house.

http://commonsenseconspiracy.com/2013/04/cops...
King County, Washington. Apparently, police busted in and shot this man sixteen times in his bed. For no reason except they “felt threatened.” It turns out, predictably, that the man was completely innocent, was not he subject of an investigation, and there was no warrant involved with it.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/11051/fort-worth...
had gone to bed Monday night like they always did. Shortly after midnight, they were woken by a neighbor’s burglar alarm and bright light. Like a good neighbor, Waller grabbed his handgun and went to his garage to investigate the alarm. Waller lives across the street from the where the alarm was sounding. He was still behind his own house when the next thing he knew, two rookie police officers had opened fire on him, shooting him 6 times in the chest. Waller was instantly killed.
enjoy

Georgetown, KY

#62 Jul 9, 2013
http://www.informationliberation.com/

it's long past time to shoot back.

get an AK, they're inexpensive, reliable, the round won't be stopped by vehicle doors, vehicle glass, vests, or even walls.

quit fking around and start taking care of business.

you can find out how to easily build a homemade silencer on youtube.

silencer, scope, shoot, repeat.
FuckThePolice

Louisville, KY

#64 Nov 17, 2015
Funny how eveyone seems to know the facts in this lol. I read that actual police report and autopsy report... The don't match. I see Evan getting chased by the cops he had no weapon. I even heard the shots it was nonstop till the end had about minute break then another shot was fired I'm assuming that magical 38 special that said he had. Evan Harlow was murdered point blank. I would so more but I know too much and don't want them to set me up like they did him. Hope Officer Tom sees that dead child everytime he closes his eyes. I hope it haunts him every waking day. Probably won't considering he is prone to be being a trigger happy murderer. Class act guy same guy who kicks down his wife's door and beats her up in uniform

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Were They Doing For Seven Years? 1 hr anon 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 1 hr GoodJobSparky 4,132
News Kentucky Could Become The Only State Without A ... 13 hr General Lee 103
News A look side the spirited lives of distillery cats 13 hr Senator Onthedownlow 1
memories of the 60s and 70s growing up in Jeffe... (Dec '08) 13 hr Terry M 1,956
Mohamed Ali was not the best heavy weight of al... 16 hr clinton scum 8
louder than life no strings attached (Oct '15) 22 hr BrentD 4

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages