Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

Judged:

I have a litter of Shar-Pei puppies for sale. There are 3 females for $300 each and 1 male for $250. They are CKC reg, chocolate sable in color, eyes have been tacked, they are full of wrinkles, were wormed at 3 weeks and will have first shots and wormed again at 6 weeks old. They will be ready for new homes on January the 19th. If your interested please e-mail me at kbryant0019@mail.com
3dognight

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

warning...
CKC papers are not worth the paper they are printed on. Anyone can get them.
Before you buy a Shar-Pei, make sure you understand the medical concerns and are prepared to deal with it. Investigate, investigate, investigate.
Sorry, Tina, but this is not how a responsible breeder sells pups.
Tina

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

My male is AKC and DNA'd threw AKC. I sale my pups with the understanding by the buyer if for any reason they do not want the pup or can not care for the pup I will take the pup back and give their money back to them. All my Pei's are health checked by my vet and each pup has a health record that is sent with them. Don't tell me I'm not a responsible breeder.
3dognight

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

That is certainly commendable, Tina with regard to a health check, but I still think this is the wrong place to find suitable homes.
And what genetic testing have you done on the adults to assure you are providing the best you can?
3dognight

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

from the Shar Pei Resuce site
"Shar pei can be aloof, independent and not overtly affectionate. Their independence and intelligence can make them difficult to obedience train. They are territorial and may not be friendly to strange people or animals. Shar pei are prone to ear infections, eye problems, kidney disease, debilitating fevers, skin problems, and have poor immune systems. Shar pei, bred for fighting and protection, are extremely strong dogs – a small forty-pound shar pei can easily pull a full-grown human to the ground when on a leash."
3dognight

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

excellent information on identifying a reputable breeder
http://www.cspca.com/PubEd/How%20Much%20is%20...
aaak

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

don't you know how many skin problems those dogs have? their poor eyelashes dig into their eyes too! ouch! that's so mean!
Tina

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

I do know if Pei's are not bred properly they do have skin conditions. I have 2 Pei's in the house and they have never had skin conditions. As for their eyes, so Pei's don't need their eyes tacked because they have less wrinkles than others, some Pei's do have to have their eye's tacked to keep their eyes lashes from rubbing. Pei’s are very love dogs if they are raised right. Like a pit-bull or any other type of dog. I don't have a puppy mill, I don't breed dogs like crazy and make a living off of it, my Pei's cost me more than I'd ever be able to make. I love the breed, their loyalty to their owners, and their personalities. I give people who can't afford the high price of a Pei, a chance to have one. I am sorry I posted to the Louisville site. To put the Pei down in anyway is horrible, they are wonderful dogs.
Justathought

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

please email me at missy.hos@live.com

I am intersted in pictures. I love Shar-Peis. I have always grown up with them and want one myself.

Thanks
gman007911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

3dognight wrote:
from the Shar Pei Resuce site
"Shar pei can be aloof, independent and not overtly affectionate. Their independence and intelligence can make them difficult to obedience train. They are territorial and may not be friendly to strange people or animals. Shar pei are prone to ear infections, eye problems, kidney disease, debilitating fevers, skin problems, and have poor immune systems. Shar pei, bred for fighting and protection, are extremely strong dogs – a small forty-pound shar pei can easily pull a full-grown human to the ground when on a leash."
I have owned several shar pei for 15yrs and never once have i had a problem with this breed being aggressive and they are the most affectionate dogs. Do you homework about the dog that you are buying and the temperament the dog has.
Anyone

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

There are no responsible breeders. Get a real job. Too many pets in shelters... Don't breed or buy while homeless die. There are many many breeds at the shelters too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What time can inmates make calls from Louisvill... 11 min LouisvilleKYreport 4
American Fuji Seal creating 45 new jobs (Jun '12) 55 min Truth 13
Samantha Spade remembered (Feb '08) 6 hr Jeremy spade 50
STUDY: Louisville third most unhappy city in U.S. 8 hr LouisvilleKYreport 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 9 hr Ashby 26,189
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) 9 hr Bingoer 269
Dana "Soserious" Cox. ..... 11 hr Trill2Def 5
•••
•••