Winchester nursing home sued in man's death

Mar 4, 2009 Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader 135

A troubled Winchester nursing home's failure to assess the respiratory condition of a 54-year-old man led to his death after a six-day stay, according to an attorney representing his family in a lawsuit.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Amber

United States

#124 Apr 27, 2010
Namez wrote:
Can anyone name any "good SRNA's" or nurses who work there?
. I work there and yes I could name several GREAT aides and a few good nurses at WCHR
Amber

United States

#125 Apr 27, 2010
JwS wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither one know their butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to staffing.
. Actually if you don't work there you don't know how good of a job they do! Ihave worked there for almost 2 years and yes Angie didn't do that great of a job but Stephanie does a GREAT job!!!
SAM

Winchester, KY

#126 Oct 5, 2010
Several years ago I worked there. Put in 16 hour weekends and was sent from one wing to another. I started there after my mom passed in another nursing home so I could help those in the same shape she was in. We had some very good aides there but the place ran us to death. Never enough help and a show for the state. They hire outside help with they know they are going to show up. This morning I had a gentleman show at my door who is doing a legal investigation on them in regards to a former patient. It is about time someone started taking a closer look at them.
Curious

Lexington, KY

#127 Oct 5, 2010
First of all let me start by saying 26 years of working in nursing homes have fed my child and kept a roof over his head.I honestly dont know who to thank but he is a grown man now.I go into work every day of my full time sceduele and work right down to the bone.Having realized over time my body has been effected by the pulling stretching and bending i still to this day remind them every time im there that there is somebody who cares and loves them.This has been been hard to accomplish as i have a child on my own who now is an adult.I spread myself thin as a human.But i always knew when the sun came up who they would look for.Now having that said Please remember that there are people that work there or any nursing home that do have their best interest at heart.The resident always picks up whether you want to be there or not.Remember theyve walked many more bridges than we have.I sacrifised alot for these residents and all the hard days that left me telling my son i wasnt feeling well just so i could rest was worth the guilt in knowing i was telling a lie.These people paid their dues.Dont you all think we owe them a little bit of what we have today.
JAMES

Peoria, AZ

#129 Oct 7, 2010
RNz wrote:
Office/facility staff - All the people who are not active RN's, LPN's, SRNA's, or KMA's. Ah, these would be the peopl who use to be RN's and LPN's who have been glorified to an office position, but who think they are still in the nursing field and put their 2cents in as a professional opinions. Sorry to say babe/dude your not in the field anymore. The way I see it if your a pencil pusher, then go sharpen your pencil and doodle or something, and quit telling me how to do something you gave up on. I know this is a fact and can name out names if needed.
If you don't think these problems should close it down, then you don't need to be in the field you are in, if your even in the field to start. RESIDENT CARE IS OR SHOULD BE #1 PRIORITY!!!!!!!!!! NO IF'S AND OR BUTS ABOUT IT.
You can not have excellent care with what I have just told you. If you were to correct the problem say tomorrow. Terminate all the ones that are causing the problems from all shifts. Do you think you would have enough staff to give quality care to the residents? No you would not.
You would only have a handful of total nursing staff to do the job.
This facility has seen brighter days, but that was back when the Administrator was Ms.Castle and the Asst. Administrator was Donna Goodman. If people see the light they will get their loved ones to a facility that can provide excellent care for them, and not just excellent when suzie q or jon doe work.
I can say these things cause I have worked there and know the facts. I have and am in the nursing field with almost 18 years experience as an RN.
ALL FEMALE NURSES ARE PERVERTS AND UNPROFESSIONAL
pissed

Whitesburg, KY

#130 Oct 7, 2010
They killed my grandmother in less than 2 days she was there.We sued and won but our grandmother is no longer with us. We miss her deeply.
OuttaThere

Georgetown, KY

#131 Oct 8, 2010
I am an LPN and I used to work for "Fountain Circle".. during my interview I was asked if I had heard any negative things about the company, and me living in Lexington hadnt heard anything bad about them. It wasnt until after I finished training that I realized this place had been renamed and was actually WCHR. I started working the floor and was allowed to shadow a nurse for 2 days and then they uput me on my own with 18 patients. Needless to say I went home crying everyday because I was so overwhelmed. I had done nursing home things before, but this was much different. I had some wonderful aides, but then again I had some really terrible ones. Same goes for fellow nurses. There were not enough hours in the day to finish everything they expected to get accomplished. Some of the units were turning into mini ICUs and there was no way of getting everything done. I had complained to management that I was afraid that the residents were not able to receive the care the deserved because I had too many tasks to do. I felt terrible, because I didnt feel like I was able to be the best nurse that I could be too them, and I dont half-ass anything. I thought maybe it was because I was still trying to catch on, but I soon realized that FC is a mess. I would hear my alarm go off in the mornings and cry the entire way to work. I was afraid everyday for my license. Upper mgmt are quick to point the blame at the nurses and CNA's. Most of the time a nurse would be pulled and we could have up to 25 patients a piece. Craifg kept telling me that things were going to get better, and things were changing but that never happened. I finally had to leave that place this past summer because I could not emotionally take the stress anymore. I know people will read this and think I am crazy, but it physically made me ill. No job should have to be that stressful! There are plenty of wonderful CNA's and nurses there, and most are working because they have families to support.. they do what they have to do. Someone needs to come in and remodel that run down place, get a new mgmt team and try again. I still to this day cant understand what Dennis or the Assistant Exec Director do... I never saw them, and Dennis was always asleep in all the meetings.. so God Bless those residents, and the good people that are working there!
YUCK

Fairborn, OH

#132 Oct 8, 2010
Amber wrote:
<quoted text>. I work there and yes I could name several GREAT aides and a few good nurses at WCHR
None of the good nurses stay...as soon as they are trained they see what a hell hole it is and get the hell out cause we worked hard for our licenses and would like to keep them. Anddd...theres not that many great aides there! this place is soo awful! as a proud EX employee,( I quit) this place is dog doo. The residents deserve better...and i couldnt bare to watch day after day as the abuse.
need

Columbus, OH

#133 Dec 14, 2010
OuttaThere wrote:
I am an LPN and I used to work for "Fountain Circle".. during my interview I was asked if I had heard any negative things about the company, and me living in Lexington hadnt heard anything bad about them. It wasnt until after I finished training that I realized this place had been renamed and was actually WCHR. I started working the floor and was allowed to shadow a nurse for 2 days and then they uput me on my own with 18 patients. Needless to say I went home crying everyday because I was so overwhelmed. I had done nursing home things before, but this was much different. I had some wonderful aides, but then again I had some really terrible ones. Same goes for fellow nurses. There were not enough hours in the day to finish everything they expected to get accomplished. Some of the units were turning into mini ICUs and there was no way of getting everything done. I had complained to management that I was afraid that the residents were not able to receive the care the deserved because I had too many tasks to do. I felt terrible, because I didnt feel like I was able to be the best nurse that I could be too them, and I dont half-ass anything. I thought maybe it was because I was still trying to catch on, but I soon realized that FC is a mess. I would hear my alarm go off in the mornings and cry the entire way to work. I was afraid everyday for my license. Upper mgmt are quick to point the blame at the nurses and CNA's. Most of the time a nurse would be pulled and we could have up to 25 patients a piece. Craifg kept telling me that things were going to get better, and things were changing but that never happened. I finally had to leave that place this past summer because I could not emotionally take the stress anymore. I know people will read this and think I am crazy, but it physically made me ill. No job should have to be that stressful! There are plenty of wonderful CNA's and nurses there, and most are working because they have families to support.. they do what they have to do. Someone needs to come in and remodel that run down place, get a new mgmt team and try again. I still to this day cant understand what Dennis or the Assistant Exec Director do... I never saw them, and Dennis was always asleep in all the meetings.. so God Bless those residents, and the good people that are working there!
everything you have said is the truth. I have worked there for several years now. and Im quitting too. Its appalling at the neglect that goes on in this facility. I am ashamed that I have ever worked there. Im ashamed to write it down on job applications. Something needs to be done and soon.
I C U for what U R

Paris, KY

#134 Dec 18, 2010
OMG you are all so pathetic most likely you have all been fired from there for being slackers or uneducated rubes (or perhaps the real abusers) and now you are trying to ease your own conscious. You know every business has people like all of you,people that are fired or simply cannot do the job from being lazy or whatever and then they have to try and make themselves look good by trying to make others look bad.This facility has been in business for many years and if it was as bad as a few say it would not still be in business.All hospitals,nursing homes etc have a few bad people they have to weed out like all of you.Grow up please!
Not A Slacker nor a Rube

Winchester, KY

#135 Dec 19, 2010
I C U for what U R wrote:
OMG you are all so pathetic most likely you have all been fired from there for being slackers or uneducated rubes (or perhaps the real abusers) and now you are trying to ease your own conscious. You know every business has people like all of you,people that are fired or simply cannot do the job from being lazy or whatever and then they have to try and make themselves look good by trying to make others look bad.This facility has been in business for many years and if it was as bad as a few say it would not still be in business.All hospitals,nursing homes etc have a few bad people they have to weed out like all of you.Grow up please!
Obviously you don't work there, or you'd have a clue.

The nurses fear for their licenses every time they go to work in that place.
beware

Lexington, KY

#136 Mar 7, 2011
They should spend more time investigating the 5 star facility here in Lexington on the west end of town. Funny goings on there.
Anonymous

Riverside, NJ

#138 Nov 13, 2013
How did they neglect him? They sent him to the hospital when he took a turn for the worse. A nursing home is not a medical hospital. They assume they are "cleared" by the discharging hospital.
Edward

Apache Junction, AZ

#140 Nov 15, 2013
All female nurses are perverts and unprofessional
sosayitbe

Clover, SC

#141 Nov 16, 2013
TO YOU wrote:
UNTILL YOU HAVE BEEN THERE MET THE MAJORITY OF THE CNA'S WHO DO WORK THERE HOW CAN YOU JUDGE THEM. NOT ALL CNA'S ABUSE RESIDENTS! ALSO, UNTILL YOU HAVE WORKED WITH THE ELDERLY AND EXPERIENCED HOW CONFUSED THEY ARE MENTALLY DUE TO DEMENTIA ECT... YOU SHOULD NOT JUDGE PEOPLE UNTILL YOU HAVE WALKED IN THEIR SHOES!!!
please stop this stupidness
BUT I DO JUDGE YOU. YOU HAVE A DUTY OF PROFESSIONAL CARE TO DO. WHAT WOULD A REASONABLE AND PRUDENT NURSE DO. PLUS THE KENTUCKY BOARD OF NURSING. EVEN THOUGH THIS 2009 POST YOUR ATTITUDE TELLS ME YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES WHO SHOULD NOT BE WORKING THERE. HELLHOLE OR NOT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ONES LIFE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate passes controversial transgender restroo... 9 min ranbo 33
hey rick, how does it feel to get raped? 7 hr Bob 1
girly sissy men with long hair (Nov '10) 13 hr you know it 145
Desiree Ritchie (Apr '10) 23 hr maryjane 2
Johnny Masters makes the news again! Fri Mammas boy KJ Deaton 16
chris jones Fri Wonder 14
Survey for the piggies Fri Politically Incor... 1
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Feb 18 Sasha98 266

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at February 28 at 3:07PM EST

Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
6 Best Options to Replace T-Rich This Offseason
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future