Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazar...

Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes

There are 191 comments on the WHAS11 story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

Before he is honored by the PGA in Louisville, former President Bill Clinton will travel hundreds of miles campaigning for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

Unemployment

London, KY

#66 Aug 8, 2014
Teddy wrote:
<quoted text>
McCornhole=Bush and they both suck...
The economy here was a lot better when Bush was in office than it is now. Grimes will do like all democrats do, whatever Obama and Harry Reid tells her.

Grimes = Obama
Hazard Hick

United States

#67 Aug 8, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/mitch-mcconnell-s-wife-...

A must read for educated people in Eastern Kentucky...
OpentheAirWick

London, KY

#68 Aug 8, 2014
Cuz sniff sniff-it smells like the HYPOCRICY of grandiose delusional donkey dung, dirtbag jackazz entitleMentalcase chit!
liberals are morons

Radcliff, KY

#69 Aug 8, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/mitch-mc connell-s-wife-sits-on-the-boa rd-of-a-group-working-to-kill- the-coal-industry-041726501.ht ml?soc_src=mediacontentstory
"Chao was paid $9,400 in 2012, according to its annual filing with the state of New York. Its report for 2013 is not yet filed. McConnell's 2013 financial disclosure report shows only ranges of payments to his wife. For the Bloomberg group, the payment was "over $1,000" in 2013, the report shows."

WOW, a whole $9,400 for one year and $1000 the next. That really sounds like a lot of "anti-coal money" in the scheme of things when you consider how all the left wing loons have been going on non-stop about the Millions they claim her family makes, not to mention the millions McConnell has. I'm pretty sure that doesn't even pay the property taxes on their house. What a pay off! Another non story exaggerated by the desperate and pathetic liberal media.
liberals are morons

Radcliff, KY

#70 Aug 8, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/mitch-mc connell-s-wife-sits-on-the-boa rd-of-a-group-working-to-kill- the-coal-industry-041726501.ht ml?soc_src=mediacontentstory
A must read for ACTUAL educated people in Ky with an iota of common sense -

"McConnell spokesman Don Stewart told Yahoo News that Bloomberg Philanthropies' decisions on the anti-coal grants were made before Chao joined the organization's board.

"She played no role in the decision to grant them," Stewart said. "Sen. McConnell has a longstanding, principled record of defending coal families and jobs. Decisions made by a board before Sec. Chao ever joined do not change that and as the Obama administration will tell you, he hasn't let up an iota in his defense of Kentucky coal families and jobs."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/pol...
liberals are morons

Radcliff, KY

#71 Aug 8, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
Another must read for educated people in Kentucky -

"Ky. Senate candidate's dad brings connections, baggage"

"Jerry Lundergan's legal troubles could be fodder during daughter Alison Lundergan Grimes' campaign against Sen. Mitch McConnell."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
Hazard Hick

United States

#72 Aug 8, 2014
liberals are morons wrote:
<quoted text>
Another must read for educated people in Kentucky -
"Ky. Senate candidate's dad brings connections, baggage"
"Jerry Lundergan's legal troubles could be fodder during daughter Alison Lundergan Grimes' campaign against Sen. Mitch McConnell."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
No big deal you ignorant hick. I wonder how it's going to feel on election day when Alison licks Mitch in the nuts?
Hazard Hick

United States

#73 Aug 8, 2014
The McConnell family has benefited significantly from Chao’s work with Wells Fargo. As a member of the board of directors, Chao received $332,350 in 2011 through compensation, stock and fees, according to a Wells Fargo stockholder report from March 2012.

I don't this is much money either inbreed hick?
Fat and happy

Hyden, KY

#74 Aug 8, 2014
Miss Perfect wrote:
Anyone that cares about the environment and the beauty of nature should vote for Mrs. Alison Grimes. The coal companies and these worthless, toothless illiterate inbred miners have raped the mountains and murdered millions of innocent creatures all for the poison they call "black gold".
As Mrs. Grimes so poetically stated in New York alongside our beautiful First Lady Michelle Obama - the coal industry's time is gone. Those that destroyed the beauty of the mountains will suffer for their crimes.
Time to finish off the destructive coal industry once and for all. The thought of coal miners and their children going broke, homeless, and unemployed is amusing. After all the death and destruction miners wreaked upon our beautiful mountains, they should suffer.
Grimes '14!! Time to Ditch Mitch!!
normally I would not respond to your ignorance but I thought u were dead. After raping the forest to build all of those nice big homes which I am sure u and people like Grimes would never live in a home I mean. This is just stupid humans as a race are a cancer on this planet. Everything we touch eventually turns to shit so get off your high horse dumbass. I am sure many beautiful creatures were killed to build all of these cities and resorts but no one says anything about that. The only thing worse than a tree hugging hippy is a ignorant one. Oh by the way hope your family starves and dies.
liberals are morons

Radcliff, KY

#75 Aug 8, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how it's going to feel on election day when Alison licks Mitch in the nuts?
Probably the same way it felt when she "licks Clinton in the nuts" to get his support. Lmao
liberals are morons

Radcliff, KY

#76 Aug 8, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
The McConnell family has benefited significantly from Chao’s work with Wells Fargo. As a member of the board of directors, Chao received $332,350 in 2011 through compensation, stock and fees, according to a Wells Fargo stockholder report from March 2012.
I don't this is much money either inbreed hick?
So what? I wasn't aware that Wells Fargo was anti coal.
Hazard Hick

United States

#77 Aug 8, 2014
liberals are morons wrote:
<quoted text>So what? I wasn't aware that Wells Fargo was anti coal.
You need to get up to date and educate yourself dummy.
liberals are morons

Radcliff, KY

#78 Aug 8, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get up to date and educate yourself dummy.
"Educate myself" on what exactly? Care to expound?
Hung like a Hampster

United States

#79 Aug 8, 2014
Alison Grimes will do a great job after she's elected in November.
Hung like a Hampster

United States

#80 Aug 8, 2014
FRANKFORT, Ky.(AP)- A trade group representing Kentucky's coal industry is defended Republican Senator Mitch McConnell after a published report that his wife is a board member of an organization that has spent $50 million to close coal-fired power plants.

Yahoo! News reported Friday that Elaine Chao sits on the board of Bloomberg Philanthropies. Former New York Mayor and media mogul Michael Bloomberg founded the charity. We asked McConnell about this during a stop in Pike County.

"First of all the article is inaccurate," said McConnell. "Second: If I were my opponent and had a father like Jerry Lundergan, I don't think I would want to be taking shots at Mitch McConnell's wife."

The Kentucky Coal Association says Bloomberg's contribution was made before Chao joined the board in April 2012.

The eastern Kentucky coalfields have lost 7,000 coal-related jobs since January 2012. That's an issue at the center of McConnell's re-election bid against Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.

The Kentucky Coal Association says McConnell has done everything possible to protect the coal industry.

How low will Mitch get? Grimes didn't write the article and he takes a shot at her dad? Mitch is desperate and it shows.
Hazard Hick

United States

#81 Aug 9, 2014
Hung like a Hampster wrote:
FRANKFORT, Ky.(AP)- A trade group representing Kentucky's coal industry is defended Republican Senator Mitch McConnell after a published report that his wife is a board member of an organization that has spent $50 million to close coal-fired power plants.
Yahoo! News reported Friday that Elaine Chao sits on the board of Bloomberg Philanthropies. Former New York Mayor and media mogul Michael Bloomberg founded the charity. We asked McConnell about this during a stop in Pike County.
"First of all the article is inaccurate," said McConnell. "Second: If I were my opponent and had a father like Jerry Lundergan, I don't think I would want to be taking shots at Mitch McConnell's wife."
The Kentucky Coal Association says Bloomberg's contribution was made before Chao joined the board in April 2012.
The eastern Kentucky coalfields have lost 7,000 coal-related jobs since January 2012. That's an issue at the center of McConnell's re-election bid against Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
The Kentucky Coal Association says McConnell has done everything possible to protect the coal industry.
How low will Mitch get? Grimes didn't write the article and he takes a shot at her dad? Mitch is desperate and it shows.
I agree Hampster.
Obama promised

London, KY

#82 Aug 9, 2014
Before he went into office Barack Obama promised to bankrupt coal. Since Obama became President the coal mines have just about shut down. The EPA is restricting permits, the EPA has tightened restrictions on coal fired plants, the Democrats have preached this global warming nonsense tightening restrictions further on coal fired plants. The result of the only promise Obama has kept is that he is bankrupting coal, it is a fact just look around.
Now a DemocrT who will vote with all the other Democrats in congress is running for office saying that she supports coal. ARE PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT WHEN SHE GETS TO WASHINGTIN, IF SHE GETS THERE, SHE WON'T DO WHAT ALL THE REST OF THE DEMOCRATS ARE DOING AND VOTE WITH OBAMA?
Grimes = Obama
Grimes = further destruction of the coal industry
Hazard Hick

United States

#83 Aug 9, 2014
Obama promised wrote:
Before he went into office Barack Obama promised to bankrupt coal. Since Obama became President the coal mines have just about shut down. The EPA is restricting permits, the EPA has tightened restrictions on coal fired plants, the Democrats have preached this global warming nonsense tightening restrictions further on coal fired plants. The result of the only promise Obama has kept is that he is bankrupting coal, it is a fact just look around.
Now a DemocrT who will vote with all the other Democrats in congress is running for office saying that she supports coal. ARE PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT WHEN SHE GETS TO WASHINGTIN, IF SHE GETS THERE, SHE WON'T DO WHAT ALL THE REST OF THE DEMOCRATS ARE DOING AND VOTE WITH OBAMA?
Grimes = Obama
Grimes = further destruction of the coal industry
At least Obama didn't lie and Mitch literally sleeps with someone who is against coal. I guess that's OK though?
Stop and think

London, KY

#84 Aug 9, 2014
Hazard Hick wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Obama didn't lie and Mitch literally sleeps with someone who is against coal. I guess that's OK though?
McConnell has been a senator through some huge coal booms. Before Obama got in office coal was doing a lot better than it is now. If Mitch McConnell has been sleeping with somebody that's against coal it didn't hurt coal in the past.

Besides when Clinton was President I thought you Democrats David it didn't matter who somebody select with, so why the change now? Just a tad bit of hypocrisy?
Hung Like A Hampster

United States

#85 Aug 9, 2014
Stop and think wrote:
<quoted text>
McConnell has been a senator through some huge coal booms. Before Obama got in office coal was doing a lot better than it is now. If Mitch McConnell has been sleeping with somebody that's against coal it didn't hurt coal in the past.
Besides when Clinton was President I thought you Democrats David it didn't matter who somebody select with, so why the change now? Just a tad bit of hypocrisy?
Can you read and educate yourself? Mitch's wife became a board member in 2011 and made 350,000 from Wells Fargo when coal took a big hit. I swear trying to educate people in rural Ky is harder than humping your pet goat which I guess is what you people do if you're not educated enough to know that Mitch only want's your vote in return you get nothing. What has Mitch done foe Eastern Ky BTW?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Liz Hanes (Jul '17) 2 hr Bread 7
News City of Bardstown, former police chief McKenzie... 2 hr I Eat Poo Poo 24
Danny Phillips 2 hr That dude 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 2 hr Phoenix97 4,302
Truckers in area on dope your about to hire fem... 13 hr Time Traveler 2
jossie crowe stole from officers 13 hr megan 3
missing you best friend soulmate (May '15) Sat Tucker 8

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance