Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazar...

Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes

There are 191 comments on the WHAS11 story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes. In it, WHAS11 reports that:

Before he is honored by the PGA in Louisville, former President Bill Clinton will travel hundreds of miles campaigning for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAS11.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
becky

United States

#188 Aug 12, 2014
Kingfish wrote:
<quoted text> Hopefully he's a viable choice.
I agree and hope he takes votes away from Mitch.
Kingfish

Corbin, KY

#189 Aug 12, 2014
becky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and hope he takes votes away from Mitch.
And Grimes. To much in with the good old boys in Frankfort. Despise her Daddy, Jerry Lendegrun.
going down

Radcliff, KY

#190 Aug 12, 2014
It's not looking good for ol' Alison Grimes-Obama!

"McConnell holds small lead in Kentucky

August 12, 2014

PPP's newest Kentucky poll finds Mitch McConnell taking a small lead, with 44% to 40% for Alison Lundergan Grimes, and 7% for Libertarian David Patterson. Patterson's supporters say if they had to choose between the major party candidates they would pick McConnell by a 44/34 spread, and when you reallocate those voters to their second choice it leaves McConnell with a 47/42 advantage.

In early April we found Grimes leading McConnell 45/44. The main thing that's changed since then is McConnell seeing some consolidation in his base. At that point, in the middle of his primary fight with Matt Bevin, he had only a 49 point advantage with Republican voters at 69/20. Now in the two way contest he is up 67 points with GOP voters at 78/11, and when you include the Libertarian his advantage is 63 points at 72/9. That unification of Republicans accounts for most of the change we've seen over the last four months.

This is the first time PPP has looked at approval and favorability ratings for McConnell and Grimes since December, and although he remains unpopular McConnell's seen improvement on that front as well. Then he had a 31/61 approval spread, but now it's improved to 37/54. That shift is also largely a function of movement among Republican voters- he's gone from having just a 47/41 approval rating with them up to 58/30 now. Grimes has seen her name recognition increase from 68% to 86% over that period of time but there's been little shift in her net favorability- she's gone from -6 at 31/37 to -4 at 41/45.

Barack Obama's unpopularity in Kentucky continues to make the landscape difficult for Democrats- only 32% of voters approve of the job he's doing to 63% who disapprove. 38% of the voters who disapprove of McConnell also disapprove of Obama, and among that group McConnell is receiving 20% of the vote, which is how you get to 44% of the vote with only a 37% approval rating.

All said the race remains close and McConnell remains unpopular- and among the undecided voters McConnell has just a 10% approval rating to 66% of voters who disapprove of him. So Grimes should at least have a chance with those folks.

Moving onto next year's race for Governor it's looking like a pretty wide open race. Republicans are closely split on who they want their candidate to be- 25% say Matt Bevin to 20% for James Comer, 18% for Hal Heiner, and 11% for Cathy Bailey. In a head to head Heiner leads Comer 28/22, with 50% of voters undecided. The indecision on the Republican side is a function of the candidates not being terribly well known- even coming right off his Senate bid Bevin has only 50% name recognition and Heiner at 33%, Comer at 30%, and Bailey at 15% are even lower profile than him."

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/...
Unbelievable

United States

#191 Aug 12, 2014
Senator Mitch McConnell's father-in-law, Captain James S.C. Chao, has fifteen ships in his fleet today, but that's going to change. That's because Chao has eight more ships ordered which are expected to be added to his fleet by 2016. That would bring his total to twenty-three. That's all according to a July 24, 2014 article appearing in Tradewinds. Chao's status as one of, if not the, biggest customer for the Asian shipbuilding industry is not a new thing. When China's former Premier Wen Jiabo welcomed Chao to the Great Hall of the People of Beijing in 2006, Chao was acknowledged for "becoming the biggest American customer for the Chinese shipbuilding industry."

American customer, well kind of. Chao's a U.S. citizen, but his ships fly Liberian flags.The Republic of Liberia is in west Africa. Foremost Maritime Group is not. By flying Liberian flags, Chao avoids paying U.S. taxes.
going down

Radcliff, KY

#192 Aug 12, 2014
Unbelievable wrote:
Senator Mitch McConnell's father-in-law, Captain James S.C. Chao, has fifteen ships in his fleet today, but that's going to change. That's because Chao has eight more ships ordered which are expected to be added to his fleet by 2016. That would bring his total to twenty-three. That's all according to a July 24, 2014 article appearing in Tradewinds. Chao's status as one of, if not the, biggest customer for the Asian shipbuilding industry is not a new thing. When China's former Premier Wen Jiabo welcomed Chao to the Great Hall of the People of Beijing in 2006, Chao was acknowledged for "becoming the biggest American customer for the Chinese shipbuilding industry."
American customer, well kind of. Chao's a U.S. citizen, but his ships fly Liberian flags.The Republic of Liberia is in west Africa. Foremost Maritime Group is not. By flying Liberian flags, Chao avoids paying U.S. taxes.
Why are you such a Chinese hating racist bigot? Is this the KKK mentality that Alison Grimes' supporters have?
I am Thickkk

Radcliff, KY

#193 Aug 12, 2014
going down wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you such a Chinese hating racist bigot? Is this the KKK mentality that Alison Grimes' supporters have?
KKK is that Kickball King Kentucky
Tee party

Shelbyville, IN

#194 Aug 12, 2014
Fedup with Obama liberals wrote:
I wonder how many 'Lewinskys' she had to perform to get Bill "Sexual Predator" Clinton's support?

How could anyone vote for Grimes...Democrat or not.....and who cares if Clinton supports her.
I am Thickkk

Radcliff, KY

#195 Aug 13, 2014
Tee party wrote:
<quoted text>
How could anyone vote for Grimes...Democrat or not.....and who cares if Clinton supports her.
whites, blacks, women, men in unions, blacks in west end, women, gays, democrats, middle class blacks, whites, Republican Mayor of city who said it is time for a change, things have gotten worst in Mitch's 30 years, liberals, conservatives that have had enough, a better question is who will vote for this man?
Grimes works for Obama

Louisville, KY

#196 Aug 21, 2014
Looks like the criminal apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

"Politico has reported that Alison Lundergan Grimes' campaign potentially received illegal gifts and services from the corporation owned by her father, Jerry Lundergan, in clear violation of FEC campaign regulations. Kentuckians should be alarmed at the clear disregard for ethics shown by Alison Grimes and her campaign."
Grimes works for Obama

Louisville, KY

#197 Aug 21, 2014
Billy

Chardon, OH

#198 Sep 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think 94% of the streams are "dead waters" you haven't been to very many streams I eastern Kentucky. You are just spouting the same democrat talking points that have just about shut down the coal industry. This rightl here is the kind of stuff that democrats do throw out a bunch of crap saying somebody is against coal and they are not but what they really believe is what the NY Times tells them. We don't need the NY Times to tell us what to do, like Grimes apparently thinks.
Democrats and and will continue to shut down coal.
GRIMES = OBAMA
City people don't understand the Coal mines nor the water in Eastern Ky,,,,, some of the water does has sulfur in it

But the mountains have seams of coal 15 feet thick inside them that contain Sulfur,,,,,, so almost any water in Eastern Ky will proably have some Sulfur content in it naturally from the coal seams that crop out of the mountains

No our Streams aren't dead ,,,,, and as far as the water,,,,,, its ok to drink running right out of a mine,,,,, Cool and clear ,,,,,

City Water ????,,, that gives me a problem ,,, I don't like drinking it ,,,, Some cities use river water and others use recycled Sewer Water,,,,,, I had rather drink water from a mine any day ,,,, it is bacterial free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feed Me On the Couch 45 min Daddy 16
song title game 57 min play along 17
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 3 hr texas pete 9,509
Doris Campagna Wrote Her Book 3 hr Callahan 7
Chriztian h vause at cardinal aluminum 3 hr Sara rijone 1
Chris vause from cardinal aluminum on preston hwy 3 hr Sara rijone 1
Discreet affair 6 hr Anon 5

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance