Child flown to Louisville after crash at CWB/ KY 439 crossing

Jan 15, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Columbia Magazine

Links below. -CM UPDATE at 5:02pmCT, January 14, 2009: Chief Mark Harris of the Columbia Police Department says this is the fourth accident at the intersection.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 09

Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

I am a professional driver and 1 of the most irritating things I see is the lack of patience illustrated everyday on our highways! Even law enforcement tailgates to get around the car in front of them, creating dangerous situations constantly!!!
curious

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Big Allen wrote:
I am a professional driver and 1 of the most irritating things I see is the lack of patience illustrated everyday on our highways! Even law enforcement tailgates to get around the car in front of them, creating dangerous situations constantly!!!
Have you visited the intersection where this accident occured? I really don't think it had anything to do with lack of patience or tailgating.

Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Yes, I went past this accident immediately after it happened. There is a stop sign which is clearly visible, so I assume that Ms. May totally disregarded the stop sign. If I am approaching a major intersection, I am going to slow down considerably before proceeding because I am a defensive driver! I have over 500,000 safe miles in the last 5 years so I feel that I am an authority on this subject!!
i know

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Big Allen wrote:
Yes, I went past this accident immediately after it happened. There is a stop sign which is clearly visible, so I assume that Ms. May totally disregarded the stop sign. If I am approaching a major intersection, I am going to slow down considerably before proceeding because I am a defensive driver! I have over 500,000 safe miles in the last 5 years so I feel that I am an authority on this subject!!
Let me guess you would like a pat on the back. But always remember accidents do happen, and when you climb in your vehicle there is a big chance that you could have an accident. So if I were you I wouldn't continue to brag, or the good lord may just show you that you aren't perfect. That's just my opinion. I drive very careful and guess what I have had an accident. Also I don't think Ms. May is ther only accident that has happened there. There has actually been 8 accidents since October and 5 were injury accidents. They have investigated and are probally either going to put in a caution light or stop light.
Night

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Well, regardless of how it happened, I hope that child is getting better! Has anyone heard if they have gotten any better or not?
yeah

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Night wrote:
Well, regardless of how it happened, I hope that child is getting better! Has anyone heard if they have gotten any better or not?
She is doing alot better and will probally get to come home soon! I agree that is the main focus.

“IRISH HELLION”

Since: Dec 08

NIRVANA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

The number one cause of tailgating is SLOW drivers in the fast lane who wont move over. Congratulation to Big Allen for being the very bestest driver in the whole wide world. IKNOW is correct, accidents do happen no matter how good a person is at driving.
Mother

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

Trauma R N wrote:
The number one cause of tailgating is SLOW drivers in the fast lane who wont move over. Congratulation to Big Allen for being the very bestest driver in the whole wide world. IKNOW is correct, accidents do happen no matter how good a person is at driving.
Please pray for the 2 year old. She's NOT out of the woods yet!
Friend

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

This thread is not to put blame or for us to make judgement on how this accident happen or who is to blame. The 2 year old was injured very badly and nearly lost her life. Wouldn't it be easier if we would all put more energy into "Prayer" for this child and her family than trying to recreate an accident, there are people that get paid to do that. Accidents do happen and I don't know of anyone who intentionally hits someone. Please pray for this little girl to be healed and leave the rest alone.
Friend

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Sorry I repeated myself with who is to blame, I was typing too fast I guess.
oh my

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

Trauma R N wrote:
Disagree...even if the driver in front is slow,it is the choice of the person behind who is tailgating! Everyone always blames someone else for their mistakes. Tailgating is dangerous. Had nothing to do w/ this accident, but even if someone is slow, what good does it do to ride their tail? It isn't going to make them move.
Stupid

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

i know wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess you would like a pat on the back. But always remember accidents do happen, and when you climb in your vehicle there is a big chance that you could have an accident. So if I were you I wouldn't continue to brag, or the good lord may just show you that you aren't perfect. That's just my opinion. I drive very careful and guess what I have had an accident. Also I don't think Ms. May is ther only accident that has happened there. There has actually been 8 accidents since October and 5 were injury accidents. They have investigated and are probally either going to put in a caution light or stop light.
I agree with yu 100%. whomever this person is that is patting self on the back and bragging about his 500,000 safe miles better hope that his/her luck holds out, accidents happen all the time. To point fingers of blame at someone who had an ACCIDENT and I am sure is probably torn all to pieces over the child, is a showing of an ignorant small person.
unreal

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

Why is everyone being so hard on the original poster? Why be so defensive, unless you are one of those he is speaking of? He is 100% correct. People are in way too much of a hurry these days and have become wreckless in their driving. They are too concerned about their cell phones to pay attention to the roads, and it's usually the innocent that end up hurt or dead. I say this because I used to be one of those people, and it took surviving a very serious accident a few years ago to get me to SLOW DOWN. I've only lived here a few years, and I can't believe the number of people who just simply disregard traffic lights and stop signs. In fact, rarely do I see someone actually coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, and here the yellow light means to speed up to make it through the intersection. People cut through parking lots speeding just to avoid a red light. Are we in that much of a hurry? I realize our police force may be limited in this small town, but where are they???
the shadow

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

Big Allen wrote:
I bet your are a legend around your house and in your own mind.
help

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

i know wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess you would like a pat on the back. But always remember accidents do happen, and when you climb in your vehicle there is a big chance that you could have an accident. So if I were you I wouldn't continue to brag, or the good lord may just show you that you aren't perfect. That's just my opinion. I drive very careful and guess what I have had an accident. Also I don't think Ms. May is ther only accident that has happened there. There has actually been 8 accidents since October and 5 were injury accidents. They have investigated and are probally either going to put in a caution light or stop light.
just pray

Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

Trauma R N wrote:
Thank-you for the compliment. All I am saying is that people should use common sense. If logic had been used here, this incident would have never occurred! I hope everyone involved is okay.

Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Judged:

Life is way too short already! Whatever is so important that makes you feel rushed, usually does not mean a thing in the big picture of life. Hasty decisions and actions cause poor judgement. We are all guilty of this, but please slow down and enjoy life. It goes by way too fast anyway!
sassy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

unreal wrote:
Why is everyone being so hard on the original poster? Why be so defensive, unless you are one of those he is speaking of? He is 100% correct. People are in way too much of a hurry these days and have become wreckless in their driving. They are too concerned about their cell phones to pay attention to the roads, and it's usually the innocent that end up hurt or dead. I say this because I used to be one of those people, and it took surviving a very serious accident a few years ago to get me to SLOW DOWN. I've only lived here a few years, and I can't believe the number of people who just simply disregard traffic lights and stop signs. In fact, rarely do I see someone actually coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, and here the yellow light means to speed up to make it through the intersection. People cut through parking lots speeding just to avoid a red light. Are we in that much of a hurry? I realize our police force may be limited in this small town, but where are they???
I totally agree. it should be against the law to be talking or texting on your cell phone when driving. Sit at red sometime and count the people who pass that r on their phone. I guarantee half of them r yakking on the phone.
there is a lady that passes me almost everyday that has a terrible case of road rage. I am driving 60-65 m.p.h (i am speeding also). U can see her throwing her hands up and shaking her hand when she gets behind someone that isn't moving as fast as her. This one day she decided to pass a semi that had gotten over in the left lane, because the right lane was ending and this woman, drives this road every day and knew the land was ending. Well she was gonna get around him no matter what. The semi was running about 60 and he couldn't stop and she would not give up an inch of road. She ended up passing him on the shoulder. This lady does not need to be on the road. I have seen her do all kinds of crazy stuff. When I see her coming I just pull off the road and let her around.
Unreal

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. it should be against the law to be talking or texting on your cell phone when driving. Sit at red sometime and count the people who pass that r on their phone. I guarantee half of them r yakking on the phone.
there is a lady that passes me almost everyday that has a terrible case of road rage. I am driving 60-65 m.p.h (i am speeding also). U can see her throwing her hands up and shaking her hand when she gets behind someone that isn't moving as fast as her. This one day she decided to pass a semi that had gotten over in the left lane, because the right lane was ending and this woman, drives this road every day and knew the land was ending. Well she was gonna get around him no matter what. The semi was running about 60 and he couldn't stop and she would not give up an inch of road. She ended up passing him on the shoulder. This lady does not need to be on the road. I have seen her do all kinds of crazy stuff. When I see her coming I just pull off the road and let her around.
Sassy, I dont blame you at all for pulling over to let her by. Passing on the right can be a deadly mistake! If she wrecked, and you were close by, you would be involved too! This woman probably leaves her house late for work every day. I used to be like her years ago. I even got pulled over speeding and I had my infant child (in a carseat) with me. I got a hefty fine and a rude awakening. What was I thinking putting her life in danger like that? I realize accidents can happen no matter how careful you are, but why take chances? Changing my schedule and getting up earlier is better that taking my or someone elses life in an accident.

If you see her on a regular basis, you can call the police on her. Tell them what she is doing. Maybe you'll help save someone's life, even hers.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Tailgaters blow. Tailgaters are oppressors. They are dangerous... think'n by follow'n dude too close, that they'll speed up... but what if they brake u? If u hit them in the back, then its your fault...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••