a Racial slursa aimed at wife draw McConnella s ire

Mar 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lambasted a liberal group on Saturday for criticizing the Asian heritage of his wife, former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, calling its Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell talks with his wife, then-U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao during the Fraternal Order of Police convention in Louisville, Ky., ... (more)

Comments
121 - 140 of 199 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2013
Roger Edgar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
More like 'Vicious anti-Dem Slurs and Spin' v.'Real stuff the GOPee actually DID.'
;)

You go Al Sharpton...keep on keepin on degrading the decent people!!

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You go Al Sharpton...keep on keepin on degrading the decent people!!
Repubbies aren't "decent" any more than I'm Al Sharpton.

Are you playing the race card here, BTW? Why would you compare me to Sharpton?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Squeal With It wrote:
I need to save my breath to blow my date.
I'm sure he'll thank you for your efforts...LOL

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>There is little real discussion on Topix. Lots of hate and childish banter though.
It has taken this slow learner almost 700 posts to figure that out

The concept of paying people to post material in public forums is not new. Nor is it new for public people to opine un pen names, Franklin and Jefferson both had their words submitted that way. So that concept is very believable. This forum might be too far down the food chain to make it sensible, but our Gov't and our politicians have done worse.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Deal With LIttle Boys wrote:
Why it's about damn time I got reacharound from the GOPee side. Well, with the exception of when I'm worshiping teen boys' nut sacks. You may have heard that I changed your mind, but I bet you don't know what did with the diaper!
Or WANT to know, either.
OMG

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I can tell you're still lying. Better luck next time, schmuck!:)
tha Professor is gay?

I'm trying real hard to get this right, TP.
OMG

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

news flash wrote:
I don't know how or why anyone can call social security "government aid". No one ask if they can take that money we earn out of our check, they just do. They promise it will be there for us to collect (or be paid back), when we retire. That is not some generous gift the government just gives us, they are merely paying restitution for what they stole from us all the years we worked and out of every check we ever earned.
Well, it's like this. That money that they stole from you? They already spent it. Really. It's a government run Ponzi scheme.

They don't put the money you gave them aside in an account or invest it somewhere. They spend it and all you REALLY got was an IOU. They're betting that future suckers...er... workers will pay your bill, then future people pay theirs, etc, etc. If you do the numbers, they've promised a lot more than they can EVER deliver.

If Social Security was a private firm, they'd be raided by the FBI, shutdown, their records confiscated and all the executives would be in jail for running a massive fraud.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
tha Professor is gay?
I'm trying real hard to get this right, TP.
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. What are you "trying to get right," your emergence from the closet?:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's like this. That money that they stole from you? They already spent it. Really. It's a government run Ponzi scheme.
They don't put the money you gave them aside in an account or invest it somewhere. They spend it and all you REALLY got was an IOU. They're betting that future suckers...er... workers will pay your bill, then future people pay theirs, etc, etc. If you do the numbers, they've promised a lot more than they can EVER deliver.
If Social Security was a private firm, they'd be raided by the FBI, shutdown, their records confiscated and all the executives would be in jail for running a massive fraud.
Another rightie clone pushing the idiotic talking point that SS is a "Ponzi scheme." Gee, haven't seen THAT lie in, oh, a day or so.

LOL

If lying were a violation of the law, you'd be in prison yourself...:)
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't have to worry about that, at least.
And please - as if Cons don't take unemployment, have abortions, have gay sex, mess around with kids, or fondly accept tax breaks or other forms of government aid! When was the last time any of us saw one of you SOBs turning down Social Security, for instance??
NEVER, that's when. HYPOCRITE!:)
Why would any senior refuse Social Security that he/she probably paid into for thirty or forty years?

The 2004 to 2007 Maxwell Poll shows that 60 to 80 percent of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time workers are evenly divided between parties. Republicans were less than 25 percent of welfare recipients when it comes to government subsidized housing (12 percent), Medicaid (16 percent), food stamps (20 percent), unemployment compensation (21 percent), welfare (22 percent), and disability benefits (25 percent).
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another rightie clone pushing the idiotic talking point that SS is a "Ponzi scheme." Gee, haven't seen THAT lie in, oh, a day or so.
LOL
This is compiled from calculations made in 2010 by David Butler, a small business executive living in Danville, CA.

If you had invested the maximum amount into Social Security over the past thirty years you would have invested about 110,000 and your employer would have invested another 110,000 so your account would be now about 220,000.
The Social Security Trust fund invests in low risk Treasury securities, and those securities earn interest every year. Between 1982 and 2010, the annualized rate on 30-year treasury securities which are ideal low risk securities for SS purposes ranged from a high of 12.76% in 1982 to a low of 4.08% in 2009. If one was to apply these interest rates and accrue the interest once a year your account balance would approach $500,000 at the end of 2010. The interest in 2010 alone would have been $19,000.

Yet most people pay into Social Security for forty to forty five years.Investing the full SS amount at a conservative 4% for the next thirteen years(43 years total) would yield a bit over one million dollars in your account. The interest alone earned on that account in the last year of those thirteen years will be close to $40,000. In contrast,in thirteen more years the Social Security Administration project a monthly benefit of $2,420. This amounts to an interest only return of under 2.7% and when you die all the principal reverts back to the government. You would be making more just in interest each year than your SS benefit from the government and the icing on the cake is you you still have the principal, a one million dollar nest egg.
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, such vulgarity from the Lord of the Flies. Since you seem to lap it to the last drop, the poor flys will starve when you Rhino get together.
Yo' au cuntrare, you really need to stop posting our last sexual encounter in these forums ya' stupid klan ho'.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
OMG

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Another childish liberal who can't do simple math!

Read it and weep, tiny-brained moron:

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/index.html

Or are the public Trustees of the system just "rightie clones" too?
LOL! You are pathetic.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Repubbies aren't "decent" any more than I'm Al Sharpton.
Are you playing the race card here, BTW? Why would you compare me to Sharpton?
You are both idiots, he just has a bigger part of the trough........you're still in diapers and training wheels compared to a parasite like Sharpton.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any senior refuse Social Security that he/she probably paid into for thirty or forty years?
The 2004 to 2007 Maxwell Poll shows that 60 to 80 percent of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time workers are evenly divided between parties. Republicans were less than 25 percent of welfare recipients when it comes to government subsidized housing (12 percent), Medicaid (16 percent), food stamps (20 percent), unemployment compensation (21 percent), welfare (22 percent), and disability benefits (25 percent).
Why wouldn't a hypocrite accept government aid while decrying it? I agree.

Poorer people vote Dem because the Dems help them. They know that Republicans don't want racial justice, don't care about jobs, want to end social programs, etc. Why would these folks vote against their own interests?

Repiglicans work for the rich and big business. They always have.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You are both idiots, he just has a bigger part of the trough........you're still in diapers and training wheels compared to a parasite like Sharpton.
You're still in diapers and training wheels, PERIOD, clueless troll.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Another childish liberal who can't do simple math!
Read it and weep, tiny-brained moron:
http://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/index.html
Or are the public Trustees of the system just "rightie clones" too?
LOL! You are pathetic.
Missed the part where it says SS is a "Ponzi scheme." Could you point me in that direction?

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't a hypocrite accept government aid while decrying it? I agree.
Poorer people vote Dem because the Dems help them. They know that Republicans don't want racial justice, don't care about jobs, want to end social programs, etc. Why would these folks vote against their own interests?
Repiglicans work for the rich and big business. They always have.
As far as the poor goes. Been there done that and decided I did not like being poor.
So I decided to get myself out of poverty.
so if a Dumb conservative like myself. can lift himself out of poverty , why cannot Poor Liberals since they are so much smarter then I am?
OMG

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed the part where it says SS is a "Ponzi scheme." Could you point me in that direction?
Well, child, they don't usually print criminal accusations in a government document. That'd be like pointing fingers at themselves. Besides, since the government is doing it, they get to decide if it's criminal or not. Note that I said "if" this was a privately run corporation, it'd be a Ponzi scheme.

However, the basics of how a Ponzi scheme operates are all there. The government can also execute you for certain crimes. They are not guilty of "murder" if it's done properly. But you are certainly just as dead as if some street thug had "popped a cap" into your head.

And we'll be just as broke when our national Ponzi scheme finally collapses. That it was done "legally" just means we probably won't be able to clap the scumbags who ran it into jail, although they will sorely deserve it.

Have you ANY sort or reasoning powers whatsoever? You could actually read that report and come away smiling? Well, then you are just too stupid for any sort of redemption. I would also point out that the report is based on rosy economic assumptions that have yet to pan out. In other words, the real truth is probably much more grim.
OMG

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

"in a government document" should have been "in a government trustee document"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What time can inmates make calls from Louisvill... 5 hr timer 3
Samantha Spade remembered (Feb '08) 5 hr Jeremy spade 50
STUDY: Louisville third most unhappy city in U.S. 7 hr LouisvilleKYreport 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 8 hr Ashby 26,189
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) 8 hr Bingoer 269
Dana "Soserious" Cox. ..... 10 hr Trill2Def 5
Janelle MacDonald's Big Who Who's (Nov '13) 12 hr Mike 5
•••
•••