Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky.

There are 20 comments on the Times Herald story from Jul 29, 2014, titled Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky.. In it, Times Herald reports that:

Sarah Peacock, of Louisville, Ky, puts a ring on Kristy Sturgill's, of Bardstown, Ky, finger alongside her daughter Lanie Peacock and Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Herald.

It does not have to

Frankfort, KY

#50 Aug 2, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats weird
Its not on the sin list:
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
No. 4 makes it pretty clear that a family consists of a father and mother (i.e., man and woman). No where does it say to honor your father and father or mother and mother.
Read it

Louisville, KY

#51 Aug 2, 2014
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death;....

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#52 Aug 2, 2014
Read it wrote:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death;....
We are NOT governed by the Bible or the Old Testament for starters and unless you are following ALL of the bible word for word, you CAN'T expect others to!!!

Please go crawl back into your cave.....we are in the 21st Century, NOT the Dark Ages!!!
an observation

Louisville, KY

#53 Aug 2, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
It also considers roadkill an entrée and moonshine a cocktail. And it actually takes pride in being home to the Creation Museum. So there's not much cause for concern, at least not on our part.
I didn't realize Bullittsburg was in eastern Kentucky - looks like it is the far northern part of the state to me.

Then again I'm using actual language in describing where it is located - perhaps now it is wrong to describe "North" as being north - perhaps now it can be said to be east. After all, if it makes sense that two men can married or two women, even though it is not possible for them to be husband and wife, then so that does that.

And so the assault on the concept of language continues... Those who understand the concept of language are bigots, haters, etc.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Aug 2, 2014
Read it wrote:
You don't adhere to the proscriptions set forth in Leviftycuss.(You're no orthodox jew.)

That's a genuine sort of sickness to trumpet some passage for others to follow when you explicitly don't follow the same book yourself.

Again, we see it's not about the buybull. It's about a psychosexual illness finding whatever "justification" it can. Complete hypocrisy.
Grow Up

United States

#59 Aug 2, 2014
It does not have to wrote:
<quoted text>No. 4 makes it pretty clear that a family consists of a father and mother (i.e., man and woman). No where does it say to honor your father and father or mother and mother.
So, do you follow all the commandments so righteously? Never had sex outside of marriage? Never lied about anything, to anyone (called in fake sick to work)? I call BS.
The bible says MANY, MANY things. I'm fairly certain you do not follow every one of them 'religiously'.

Anyway-- we're not talking about religion here. We're talking about law. In case you didn't realize it, there is a separation of church and state. Keep your church out of my congress.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#65 Aug 3, 2014
Read it wrote:
This is one of my favorite buy-bull babble bits to debunk. SO easy.

Since I'm a gay man, I do not "lieth with a woman" to begin with. It's not in my natue and it's not how your God made me to be. Therefore, it's not possible for me to lieth with a man as I "lieth with a woman" because (drumroll) I do not (crescendo) lieth with women AT ALL.(Cymbal crash!).

See how that works?? You're misinterpreting your buy-bull in a manner that makes absolutely no sense at all. Clearly, this verse is telling straight guys not to fool around with other guys as straight guys DO "lieth with a woman." Or, at least, they want to.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#66 Aug 3, 2014
<quoted text>
No. 4 makes it pretty clear that a family consists of a father and mother (i.e., man and woman). No where does it say to honor your father and father or mother and mother.
When straight couples quit having babies they don't want and dumping them on society to raise, then you can get all righteous about "a mother and a father." But until then, you're just yelling down an empty well. If straight people can't be bothered to raise their own spawn, you have no room to whine about gay couples stepping in and doing the job for them.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#69 Aug 3, 2014
<quoted text>
But nowhere does it way they are married, because that mother was quite likely to be a concubine or a slave. And/or one of several.

Try again.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#70 Aug 3, 2014
Read it wrote:
Another so called Christian cherry-picking the Bible.

Dear, you can ONLY quote Leviticus against gay men who are also Levite priests. These rules were for them, and are not followed in total by ANY Christian today.

If you are the exception, please explain, in detail, how you personally follow each rule in the Holiness Code.
passing by

Salina, KS

#72 Aug 3, 2014
Quest wrote:
Hmmm, then why are so many white children in foster care?
Maybe I should give him a link to a story that happened in Salina earlier this year. The adorable White and heterosexual couple that starved their infant to death, so they could get back to playing video games and partying without having to worry about the baby. At least they were smart enough to not take what they did to trial.
Don

Sioux Falls, SD

#77 Aug 3, 2014
As far as secular versus Biblical laws are concerned, many nations follow secular laws. The Muslem nations are an exception in that they follow laws of the Koran. Where gays are concerned, if they live in the "secular" nations they can do as they please.

However, if gays think there won't be consequences for their actions, they are mistaken. Aids is one example of consequences. God's pronouncement of judgement on gays for disobeying His laws is another.
Fundie Sniffling

Philadelphia, PA

#80 Aug 3, 2014
Don wrote:
As far as secular versus Biblical laws are concerned, many nations follow secular laws....Aids is one example of consequences. God's pronouncement of judgement on gays for disobeying His laws is another.
Western democracies favor lgbt rights, Cletus.

AIDS is overwhelmingly a disease of heterosexuals and is spread by heterosexual intercourse. Overwhelmingly to the tune of tens of millions of deaths.

By the tenets of your own religion - which you do not adhere to, you pick and choose - you are not the personage in that religious belief system who decides individual's fates. You are speaking heresy and ignorance. Also, everyone is a sinner. There are many unrepentant sinners.

You merely have a purely personal, psychological issue with homosexuality. You're an uneducated bigot who dissembles non stop. You're sick.
me thinks

United States

#81 Aug 3, 2014
Don wrote:
As far as secular versus Biblical laws are concerned, many nations follow secular laws. The Muslem nations are an exception in that they follow laws of the Koran. Where gays are concerned, if they live in the "secular" nations they can do as they please.

However, if gays think there won't be consequences for their actions, they are mistaken. Aids is one example of consequences. God's pronouncement of judgement on gays for disobeying His laws is another.
Pure ignorance. Apparently my punishment for being a straight white woman is having the ability to read the trash you post. Total garbage.
BTW- it's AIDS. It stands for something. In your complete ignorance you stated something more like God's punishment for being gay is providing an assistant. Dumbass.
God says your wife's punishment for being straight is HAVING YOU.
Don

Sioux Falls, SD

#84 Aug 3, 2014
Fundie Sniffling wrote:
<quoted text>
Western democracies favor lgbt rights, Cletus.
AIDS is overwhelmingly a disease of heterosexuals and is spread by heterosexual intercourse. Overwhelmingly to the tune of tens of millions of deaths.
By the tenets of your own religion - which you do not adhere to, you pick and choose - you are not the personage in that religious belief system who decides individual's fates. You are speaking heresy and ignorance. Also, everyone is a sinner. There are many unrepentant sinners.
You merely have a purely personal, psychological issue with homosexuality. You're an uneducated bigot who dissembles non stop. You're sick.
You need to do some reading on the beginning of AIDS. Sickness is lying with another person of your gender.
Fundie Sniffling

Philadelphia, PA

#85 Aug 3, 2014
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to do some reading on the beginning of AIDS.
You don't know anything, Cletus. You make up and repeat "facts" that flatter your various bigotries.

Like most human epidemics, AIDS started from ingesting (or raising) meat products. It killed tens of millions of heterosexuals in Africa. Gay men didn't take AIDS to Africa. That's where it began.

Filth. You have a sexual fixation that will probably be terminal. But not soon enough.
Don

Sioux Falls, SD

#94 Aug 7, 2014
Fundie Sniffling wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know anything, Cletus. You make up and repeat "facts" that flatter your various bigotries.
Like most human epidemics, AIDS started from ingesting (or raising) meat products. It killed tens of millions of heterosexuals in Africa. Gay men didn't take AIDS to Africa. That's where it began.
Filth. You have a sexual fixation that will probably be terminal. But not soon enough.
You have some serious issues. I will tell you that God's Not Dead and He loves you enough to send His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you. The resurrection of Christ can be yours as well. As Christ rose from the grave, you can rise from your grave which is now your home. It's your call, accept Him as your savior or remain separated from God for all eternity.

“Unconvinced”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#95 Aug 7, 2014
Don wrote:
However, if gays think there won't be consequences for their actions, they are mistaken. Aids is one example of consequences.
The consequences of AIDS can be prevented through a little piece of latex. Monogamy also works, as it has for my partner whom I've been with for 10 years.
Don wrote:
God's pronouncement of judgement on gays for disobeying His laws is another.
So, God wants gay people to be celibate and lonely? He'll punish them if they pursue the same human desires for love and companionship which everyone else is free to purse? This is a horrible example of "justice". It is not how human beings should be treated.
Don wrote:
I will tell you that God's Not Dead and He loves you enough to send His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you.
I'm not a parent, but I would imagine that if I were, sending my son to DIE would be the last thing I would choose to do. Why does Christianity have to be so morbid?
Don wrote:
The resurrection of Christ can be yours as well. As Christ rose from the grave, you can rise from your grave which is now your home. It's your call, accept Him as your savior or remain separated from God for all eternity.
If any of this were true, it would be the most important message that could ever be delivered to humankind. And what does God do? Instead of delivering it personally, he puts this message in the hands of other humans to deliver to each other. Even though humans are capable of lying, of fooling themselves, of being deceived by others, and of poorly analyzing the world around them. He allows OTHER humans to run around the planet teaching OTHER messages about OTHER religions. He wraps his message in magical and supernatural events, like talking animals, super-powered hair, and resurrected dead people. He fills it with endorsements of slavery, misogyny, and bears tearing children apart for teasing a bald man.

And the people who find this story to be implausible are the ones to blame?

How completely awful. Religions rots your brain. Find reality, man, and stop blaming people for things which are not crimes.
Grow up

Bowling Green, KY

#96 Aug 7, 2014
Don wrote:
<quoted text>You have some serious issues. I will tell you that God's Not Dead and He loves you enough to send His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you. The resurrection of Christ can be yours as well. As Christ rose from the grave, you can rise from your grave which is now your home. It's your call, accept Him as your savior or remain separated from God for all eternity.
Did this guy's post say anything anti-religious? Oh, wait, all your bible fanatics thinks anyone who isn't anti-gay is anti-religious!
Grow up

Bowling Green, KY

#97 Aug 7, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>The consequences of AIDS can be prevented through a little piece of latex. Monogamy also works, as it has for my partner whom I've been with for 10 years.

Don wrote, "God's pronouncement of judgement on gays for disobeying His laws is another."

So, God wants gay people to be celibate and lonely? He'll punish them if they pursue the same human desires for love and companionship which everyone else is free to purse? This is a horrible example of "justice". It is not how human beings should be treated.

Don wrote, "I will tell you that God's Not Dead and He loves you enough to send His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you."

I'm not a parent, but I would imagine that if I were, sending my son to DIE would be the last thing I would choose to do. Why does Christianity have to be so morbid?

Don wrote, "The resurrection of Christ can be yours as well. As Christ rose from the grave, you can rise from your grave which is now your home. It's your call, accept Him as your savior or remain separated from God for all eternity."

If any of this were true, it would be the most important message that could ever be delivered to humankind. And what does God do? Instead of delivering it personally, he puts this message in the hands of other humans to deliver to each other. Even though humans are capable of lying, of fooling themselves, of being deceived by others, and of poorly analyzing the world around them. He allows OTHER humans to run around the planet teaching OTHER messages about OTHER religions. He wraps his message in magical and supernatural events, like talking animals, super-powered hair, and resurrected dead people. He fills it with endorsements of slavery, misogyny, and bears tearing children apart for teasing a bald man.

And the people who find this story to be implausible are the ones to blame?

How completely awful. Religions rots your brain. Find reality, man, and stop blaming people for things which are not crimes.
OMG- heck yes!! Would it be inappropriate for me to say "can I get an amen!!!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What time can inmates make calls from Louisvill... (Jul '14) 13 hr PsT 10
Baltimore can just disappear 13 hr hello 1
cts russell halfway house barbara strahm on com... (May '11) 16 hr jeffrey7754 132
Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight? 17 hr tom 2
old women sluts (Aug '11) 18 hr Boyd 72
Need Dope 18 hr Boyd 2
How do you get a job at the Ford plant? (Aug '10) 19 hr Bbb78 25
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]