Blast hits Lanka passenger bus

An explosion has hit a passenger bus in north-eastern Sri Lanka and casualties are expected, the police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BradbyComet

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jun 14, 2006
LTTE cowards are back at what they do best; killing innocents.
Sam

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#2 Jun 14, 2006
Well........Why civilains, don't they understand in turn the tmail youth in Colombo are going to suffer, cause as usual the GOSL will tighten security as usual and do things that are absolutely inhuman
Deez

Hopewell Junction, NY

#3 Jun 15, 2006
This is not the work of the Tigers! It is not their style! The Tigers don't target civilians en masse. Look at all of the Tigers most daring explosions and raids, they are always directed at government targets.

I also think it is too bold of a move for the government to be involved, even if the government did want an excuse to launch full war or they did want a break down in the peace talks, too many civilian deaths were caused and it is therefore unlikely for the government to be involved.

This is much more likely to be breakaway paramilitary's trying to discredit the LTTE and encourage an attack on them.

It is very very sad!
Deez

United States

#4 Jun 15, 2006
Deez

United States

#5 Jun 15, 2006
Is it right for the SLA armed forces to multi barrel artillery fire on the tamil population?
Is the death suffering and fleeing their homes the sort of thing that all you government supported wish?

http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html...
Deez

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2006
So why is it that the govt can bomb tigers land and tamil people and no one says anything, then as soon as the tigers try to blow up a military commander or kill a truck of soldiers etc the whole world condemns the attacks....

lanka

Montrťal, Canada

#7 Jun 15, 2006
HI Deez Terrorist,
We all know you all ways representing Tamil terrorist. Are you human.
Deez wrote:
This is not the work of the Tigers! It is not their style! The Tigers don't target civilians en masse. Look at all of the Tigers most daring explosions and raids, they are always directed at government targets.
I also think it is too bold of a move for the government to be involved, even if the government did want an excuse to launch full war or they did want a break down in the peace talks, too many civilian deaths were caused and it is therefore unlikely for the government to be involved.
This is much more likely to be breakaway paramilitary's trying to discredit the LTTE and encourage an attack on them.
It is very very sad!
lanka

Montrťal, Canada

#8 Jun 15, 2006
Terrorist web site http://www.tamilnet.com
Deez wrote:
So why is it that the govt can bomb tigers land and tamil people and no one says anything, then as soon as the tigers try to blow up a military commander or kill a truck of soldiers etc the whole world condemns the attacks....
ruwan

Bangkok, Thailand

#9 Jun 15, 2006
Tamils are innocent people. They like to live other happily as they did early days. LTTE is a group of terrorist. They destroy Tamil people, others and their assets. We have no objection live with Tamils happily but not with LTTE murders. Government should catch theses LTTE group and destroy them within one night and let Tamils live happily with others.
Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka. It cannot separate. One government, one flag, one nation. Tamils, Sinhalese, Muslims burger and rest live as Sri Lankan.
If government give the chance to make separate LTTE government then we will wake up don't forget don't forget LTTE only 4% of Tamil population. Rest 8% Tamils are innocent Tamil people. So LTTE not their representative they want to be but cannot and it will never happen. Don't forget rest of Sri Lanka will wake up very soon then every one of them should go to Tamilanadu or somewhere else. Thamilnadu is Tamils country thatís where they came from illegally then as favour government gave them rights to stay legally but now they asking to separate and everything. Oh no GO HOME, GO HOME. Dear all please listen. My parents still live Trincomalee they know exactly what LTTE wants and the history than anyone else. Tamil friends of my parents hate LTTE but if they said that publicly, they will kill them this is how LTTE works.
Deez

United States

#10 Jun 16, 2006
Many tamils were brought from South India by Singhalese and British to work in teas plantations because the Singhalese are too proud and lazy to work themselves. The tamil workers gained citenzenship and started families, therefore Sri-Lanka became their home.....so they can't just leave, because they will be leaving home!

I agree with you in that the tamil civilians are good people and so are the Singhalese civilians good people. But the Ltte and the GOSL are not good, both sides are murderers, both sides play dirty tactics, they are both as bad as eachother.

It would be impossible to wipe out the LTTE...no army has ever been successful against a Guerilla organisation...it will drag on and on and on untill the two parties negotiate together. Many Tiger Cadres are battle hardened and hate the government so much that they want war now. It is the Tiger leaders that know what is best and that is to negotiate peace....but the GOSL is not flexible in their hardline approach, and they have proved time and time again that they do not uphold or stick to the terms they have agreed from past negotiations....so again I say, the GOSL cannot be trusted!!!

One last point, is that whithout the LTTE or some sort of armed forces the Tamils would be victimised by the racist authorities, treated like inferior people who have to do all the crappy jobs that the singhalese don't want to do, unfairly arrested, and generally not given equal civil liberties to the majority Singha.
There is a superiority complex and racism that is inbedded in the Singalese mind-set....this must be changed if SL can move forward.
ruwan

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Jun 16, 2006
Tamils fine they should have rights as same as Sinhalese as all Sri Lankan. Who the hell they are to ask for a separate land, separate police, bank, and flag? They have no rights ask for those things. Instead of childish work .Tamils should push Tamils parliament ministries to get back to work because there are 16 parliament ministries. Yes? Why ltte not giving the chance to them. They are the representatives of Tamils. GOSL has given budget for them to develop the areas.
Are they sleeping? They are getting salary from the government but what they do? Are there any threats from government for them? No, they are lazy group of idiots, they are letting to LTTE to do terrorism and destroy the Sri Lanka.
This is the proper way to get what Tamils want, not the war. As a government GOSL has full rights to control terrorism. Government never threaten to Tamil parliament ministries. Are they? If they have such a threat then they can go to court because as parliament ministries they have such power and rights. This is the way. Isnít it?

If someone doesnít like to live under Sri Lankan government rules as Sri Lankan Citizen then they are not Sri Lankan that means they are displaying they are not belongs to Sri Lanka. Are they? If this is the case where they belongs to? Jaffna?
Kilinochchi? Mulathive? Trincomalee? No those areas are parts of GOSL. so where they belongs to if they donít agree to live as Sri Lankan. If they are saying those areas belongs to them and they want separate. Ok then where my parents belong to? My parentís early generation is the founders of paddy fields in Trincomalee. They are the developers of the Trincomalee? Who the hell LTTE is? My parents are not lazy proud they really struggled with Trincomalle dry soils to grow rice and vegetable and they have use Tamils to work with them not for them. Donít be crazy. And they have been paid and worked as friends and still do. Now LTTE has told my parents to go to inside the country what the rights they have?

You made comment about tea plantation Tamils. Yes they came to plant tea and still they do so. So there is no problem in Nuwara eliya with Sinhalese or Tamils .they live happily with each other. Donít misunderstand. Hill country is different and so far from the north. North is different. Maybe you havenít been Sri Lanka. So before made such a comment please visit Hill country and see how people live there happily. Please donít try to make a problem those areas. Donít just say if you donít know the truth. Have seen any ltte camps in Hill country? Or claymore attacks have done by hill country Tamils? No they are living each other happily. Donít just make comments or travel to SL before write such a comments.
Do you know exactly why colonial rulers brought Tamil from India? Do you know how much they paid? Do you know what happened to Tamilís young girls under colonial period? Do you know why Singhalese refused to work for tea lands? And finally do you know who rescued Tamils from the big disaster in Hill country in the colonial period? Do you know why still hill country Tamils live there without any terrorism? Do you need the answers for all the questions? Then please write to me personally then I will send a book written by Very good Tamil educator. And another book written by British person who was living in the colonisation period in Sri Lanka.
Or just travel to Sri Lanka Hill country and do a research. So basically in this LTTE case nothing to do with Tea planters or Sri Lankan laziness. Wake up. Yes as Sri Lankans all of them are lazy thatís why Sri Lanka still developing country. If you are not a lazy person you should have big money to go to Sri Lanka just now and find out what the truth is. Can you? Are you lazy? Or are you crazy?
Deez

Hopewell Junction, NY

#12 Jun 16, 2006
ruwan I am half tamil and have been to SL many times. The last time I went I travelled all around including Jaffna, Potuvil and all the hill country! So you can first of all shut up with all your crap talk!

When the singhalese were given power what gave them the right to re-name the island as a singhalese name from Ceylon to Sri-Lanka?

When the singhalese came to power what gave them the right to pass the Singhala only law? and they encouraged singhalese thugs to come out and burn tamils out of their homes....this happened in a big way in the hill country and I am sure this is very fresh in many tamil people's minds who still live their....if they survived!

The problem with tamil representatives in parliament is that they have no voice and no power to make any changes....these options have already been exhausted and the answer lies in what BradbyComet has talked about and that is the need for structural changes and changes in the psyche of the singhalese people. So many funds were promised to the north-east for development but these were never realised...the LTTE as a result has had to administer the north completely independent of the government. So if the LTTE lay down their arms and let the govt administer the north there is nothing to say that the govt would do it properly but there is everything to say that the govt would neglect this region! Look how corrupt the govt is...what happened to the billions of tsunami aid that was meant to go to the affected north-east region??? it disappeared into the pockets of corrupt ministers.....and the worst thing is that travelling around SL and talking to singhalese and tamils, they both say the exact same thing!

So please don't talk to me as if I am stupid and know nothing...the way you write makes me think you are stupid!

The LTTE have gone to the negotiating table many times now and the govt always makes promises but never ever delivers! There is no trust in the govt delivering policies that are good for tamil people...so for that reason they see no other option than to arm themselves for war! Have you seen the daily atrocities commited by the government troops against tamil civilians? It makes me sick these policies of shooting tamil youths each day...while the LTTE always targets military personnel....(obviously some singhalese civilians get killed also though but that is war).

To summarise, in my eyes, in many tamil peoples eyes and in quite a few singhalese peoples eyes, the GOSL has never delivered anything substantial to the tamil population to make them feel equal to the rest of the country! and that is the reason that the LTTE don't take or want shit from them anymore....
Even when the govt says they will do something....they never do it! But for people like you that read the govt propaganda media that tells you the govt is giving money to the LTTE for development and schools etc and the tigers are refusing...I'm telling you now that that is lies! I have alot of tamil family and not one of them has ever seen any changes or aid from the govt...all they see is the LTTE succesfully administering the region!!
lanka

Montrťal, Canada

#13 Jun 16, 2006
HI Cryze,
Still you cant undastand the deferane of Tamil peopel and Terrorist.
SLA fire to LTTE (Liberation Tigers of T e r o r i s t Eelam)not Tamils
That is the wish of tamils and sinhales
Deez wrote:
Is it right for the SLA armed forces to multi barrel artillery fire on the tamil population?
Is the death suffering and fleeing their homes the sort of thing that all you government supported wish?
ruwan

Bangkok, Thailand

#14 Jun 16, 2006
Dear,
you try to explain but not giving any answers to my questions. those are facts because my family still there. how you can make a such a story? GOSl should destroy LTTE and let tamil politicains to run the area.they are the real repesentative of Tamils. Not LTTE murder.
You are Half Tamil yes that's right other half Tiger. If you were real tamil you will not make such a story. and you don't see the deffernce of Tamils and LTTe that's normal if you are a half of somethin.
Greg

UAE

#15 Jun 17, 2006
lanka wrote:
HI Cryze,
<quoted text>
Deez
They re-named Ceylon to Sri Lanka because Ceylon is a given name during colonial time when they were under the western occupation. There is nothing wrong in it. Accept the reality. Itís a name that majority wanted. It does not mean to hurt minority. You donít have to hate that name just because you are a minority Tamil. There is no embarrassment for anybody. Thatís the bottom line.
Deez

Hopewell Junction, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2006
lanka wrote:
HI Cryze,
<quoted text>
This is bullshit! I know the SLA have attacked civilian populations...
Deez

Hopewell Junction, NY

#17 Jun 19, 2006
ruwan wrote:
Dear,
you try to explain but not giving any answers to my questions. those are facts because my family still there. how you can make a such a story? GOSl should destroy LTTE and let tamil politicains to run the area.they are the real repesentative of Tamils. Not LTTE murder.
You are Half Tamil yes that's right other half Tiger. If you were real tamil you will not make such a story. and you don't see the deffernce of Tamils and LTTe that's normal if you are a half of somethin.
I am half tamil, half Irish...
LTTE is representative of tamils....LTTE has also a political wing....
The political office was attacked on saturday by SL forces....
This isn't right. Inncoent tamil civilians taking refusge in the church were also attacked and killed on saturday night...This is also not right.
And you are a supporter of this genocide...
You are like a Hitler supporter....
Keep going and wishing death on the tamil people....but I do not want to be associated with you....
ruwan

Bangkok, Thailand

#18 Jun 19, 2006
Deez wrote:
<quoted text>
I am half tamil, half Irish...
LTTE is representative of tamils....LTTE has also a political wing....
The political office was attacked on saturday by SL forces....
This isn't right. Inncoent tamil civilians taking refusge in the church were also attacked and killed on saturday night...This is also not right.
And you are a supporter of this genocide...
You are like a Hitler supporter....
Keep going and wishing death on the tamil people....but I do not want to be associated with you....
Of course I am Sri Lankan but not half so we know all about our country. You should care your problems. We are lucky we have our own country we don't let it to separate whatsoever. We are watching and we have given the chance to SL government to sort the problem if they canít, then no problem we will get the guns whip out every one of them. So don't push us to that situation, yes Tamils wants facilities so we should whip out LTTE 1st.
If Sinhalese stand up then they are the worst guerrillas and terrorist in the world. Remember one time Sinhalese let down SL government as well. So dear think Sinhalese are not stupid people .Tamils can stay as we are that's it. So you should thanks for Sinhalese luckily Sinhalese didn't get guns yet. It will happen LTTE push us more and more. I'm almost ready to fly from Bangkok or France any time if government make rule every Sri Lankan must participate to finish this war. Then what they are going to do? May be I will die so what? If our previous generation did that. Now every thing finished and we know their game so LTTE can not send us around the bend anymore. Now LTTE has to decide what they are going to do. Yes if they want to retaliate yes they can but how they are going to do?
Because LTTE stuck now and cannot get any action. If they do so then every action will get a reaction as big as two times from the SL Army.

So finally I would say LTTE must give their guns and bombs and should come to political stage if they have such a so called Political wing.
Deez

United States

#19 Jun 20, 2006
Ruwan you war-monger! You should be reported for your Genocidal thoughts!

I don't want war, I don't war the tamil people to die...I want the SL govt to start governing better.
ruwan

Bangkok, Thailand

#20 Jun 20, 2006
I don't want war, I don' want LTTE but I want Sri Lankan Tamils to live with us peacefully.
Yeah, now you have to agree with me, yes SL need to start governing better and LTTE Should assist to SL Government giving their all bombs and guns to Sri Lankan Defence. And try to live as General Sri Lankan.
You see what happened today. Now LTTE understood they can't do anymore fights with SL because every single place tight with security. So they committed to peace process but donít forget dear we are not stupid anymore and SL government will not release high security whatsoever.
I don't like war as well but if illegal idiots (LTTE Tigers) want to separate our homeland. Ohh come on we will kill every one of them with no agreement. Better tell your idiots to get their ass act to gather and Agree with what majority agree (including tamils/muslims/sinhalese and burger) not LTTE want.

After everything settle then So called Guerrilla Head Prabhakarn Murder and their so called head idiots murders need to come to SL court to say their not guilty for any thing happened fast 20 years . But will they come? If they don't come, will they stop war? No, so this is their game we know all about those idiots so there is no more chance.
Dear this is their last chance to agree or to die. They only two options to choose 1, is die 2nd is agree there is no chance to win for them. Ok yes you can report to any of your LTTE partners or CID but Sinhalese don't have hidden games like LTTE. So they can catch me anytime I travel very often France, Bangkok and SL via Dubai.
Probably I will be in Dundee to see my friend who is discovering LTTE live activities via satellite. he even can read what the LTTEís vehicle numbers are see we are not stupid. He will be working with SL air force 2007 see we are working and learning to protect our country. So donít think we are backward nation we will be retaliate every single thing.
ĎWe walk very slow but never walk backí

if they want to fight come to face to face why they hide in churches and jungles like animal however they are animals thatís why we called them tigers but no bowls to discuss face to face. All bowls are disabled because they tried to fight with a country that they didnít know how strong the country and people are. If they carry on like this they will loose their ass as well but I donít think they have .Anyway tell them to get their ass act to gather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Western, Sri Lanka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buddhist monk who abducted a 9-year-old boy in ... 2 hr Gorgeous Trisha 1
Best Songs Of Bruno Mars || Bruno Mars's Greate... Oct 2 Foo 1
The Best Of Pitbull | Pitbull's Greatest Hits (... Oct 2 Yang 1
The Best Of Celine Dion | Celine Dion's Greates... Oct 2 Tan 1
Sri Lanka: Terracotta artefacts of folk culture... Jul '14 Tamils r terrorists 7
Sri Lanka: SL Army conducts archaeology, The Hi... Jun '14 Brave Tamil 2
Twin Train Collision Leaves 70 Injured In Sri L... Apr '14 Real arul 3

North Western, Sri Lanka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE