Housemaid 'forced to swallow six nails'

Housemaid 'forced to swallow six nails'

There are 562 comments on the news.ninemsn.com.au story from Nov 14, 2010, titled Housemaid 'forced to swallow six nails'. In it, news.ninemsn.com.au reports that:

Sri Lanka is probing allegations that one of its nationals employed in Jordan was forced to swallow nails, in the third case involving alleged torture in three months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.ninemsn.com.au.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 15, 2010
So you want to show yourself that Muslims are torturers huh! This story has nothing to do with Islam. How do you know they're Muslim? We treat the vulnerable with kindness because we fear God, unlike you. Prophet Mohammad PEACE BE UPON HIM said to a disobedient servant "If it were not for the fear of retaliation on the Day of Resurrection, I would have beaten you with this miswak (tooth-cleaning twig)"

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2 Nov 15, 2010
Sarah ___ wrote:
So you want to show yourself that Muslims are torturers huh! This story has nothing to do with Islam. How do you know they're Muslim?...
Because she read the story?

from ninemsn:

"The report came as another Sri Lankan housemaid who had been working in Kuwait accused her employer of driving 14 wire nails into her body as punishment for failing in her work ...

"In August, another housemaid complained her Saudi employer drove 24 nails into her arms, legs and forehead as punishment. Most of them were removed by surgeons in Sri Lanka."

I've been in both countries and most, if not all, of the citizens of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are muslims, and this wouldn't be the first time non-muslim foreign "employees" have complained abt abuse from their muslim employers.

Location hidden

#3 Nov 15, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she read the story?
from ninemsn:
"The report came as another Sri Lankan housemaid who had been working in Kuwait accused her employer of driving 14 wire nails into her body as punishment for failing in her work ...
"In August, another housemaid complained her Saudi employer drove 24 nails into her arms, legs and forehead as punishment. Most of them were removed by surgeons in Sri Lanka."
I've been in both countries and most, if not all, of the citizens of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are muslims, and this wouldn't be the first time non-muslim foreign "employees" have complained abt abuse from their muslim employers.
They're not muslim and non-muslim and they weren't tortured because they were infidels. Islam asks Muslims to treat their housemaids with kindness.

Germany

#4 Nov 15, 2010
Sarah ___ wrote:
We treat the vulnerable with kindness because we fear God, unlike you.
Permit me to roll on the floor and die of laughing!

Location hidden

#5 Nov 15, 2010
Marie-Luise wrote:
<quoted text>
Permit me to roll on the floor and die of laughing!
You may roll in the mud. Our prophet peace be upon him once said to his disobedient servant "If it were not for the fear of retaliation on the Day of Resurrection, I would have beaten you with this miswak (tooth-cleaning twig)". We are not allowed to beat anyone.
george whyte

UK

#6 Nov 15, 2010
Qur'an 9:5 "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
george whyte

UK

#7 Nov 15, 2010
Qur'an 8:12 "Your Lord inspired the angels with the message:'I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes."

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#8 Nov 15, 2010
Sarah ___ wrote:
<quoted text>They're not muslim and non-muslim and they weren't tortured because they were infidels. Islam asks Muslims to treat their housemaids with kindness.
Treat housemaids with kindness but kill infidels. LOL

Germany

#9 Nov 15, 2010
Sarah ___ wrote:
We are not allowed to beat anyone.
Anothe big LOL

Except the wives, I guess;)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#11 Nov 15, 2010
Sarah ___ wrote:
<quoted text>They're not muslim ...
Those employers most certainly ARE muslims.
Riyaz khaleed

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#14 Nov 15, 2010
Sarah ___ wrote:
So you want to show yourself that Muslims are torturers huh! This story has nothing to do with Islam. How do you know they're Muslim? We treat the vulnerable with kindness because we fear God, unlike you. Prophet Mohammad PEACE BE UPON HIM said to a disobedient servant "If it were not for the fear of retaliation on the Day of Resurrection, I would have beaten you with this miswak (tooth-cleaning twig)"
If we want to judge Islam dont look at the people instead look at the authentic source i.e quran and the Hadith of prophet Muahmmed.

Very often the western media pickup the black sheeps in a muslim community and portrays them as exemplary muslims to maligned Islam.

If Islam degrades Women why is that 3/4th of the new converts to Islam since 9/11 are women?
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Nov 15, 2010
These weird nail stories are just like the strange newsbits one sees in US newspapers.

I hope the perps of these things are prosecuted.

I don't think the rights of minorities or the low paid are well guarded in muslim places.
simi

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#17 Nov 16, 2010
travel marriage wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh.. The one that join are taqiya victim. They being only told good parts , the whole teaching are given after they become fanatic.
See my post #10, i already gave sample of quran and prophet example of treating women. The male Muslim that rape maid are just following Muhammad example. Safiyah are one of those example how Mohammad treat women.
The black sheep is good Muslim. And others are moderate that polluted humanist value.
Can i know what the fck are u talking in first place?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#18 Nov 16, 2010
Riyaz khaleed wrote:
<quoted text>
If we want to judge Islam dont look at the people instead look at the authentic source i.e quran and the Hadith of prophet Muahmmed ...
Indeed, what 3-step procedure does the qu'ran allow a muslim husband to do with a wife who has displeased him?

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#19 Nov 16, 2010
Riyaz khaleed wrote:
<quoted text>
If we want to judge Islam dont look at the people instead look at the authentic source i.e quran and the Hadith of prophet Muahmmed.
Very often the western media pickup the black sheeps in a muslim community and portrays them as exemplary muslims to maligned Islam.
If Islam degrades Women why is that 3/4th of the new converts to Islam since 9/11 are women?
Why in the world wouldn't we judge Islam by what it produces?
When my TV won't produce good sound, I say I have a bad TV?
Why should Islam get a pass. I can't read Arabic and I'm told you have to read the Quran in it's original language to get the 'True Meaning'. Well I assume the OBL reads the Quran in Arabic and look what it has done to him.
And they you end your post with a totally baseless statement about women and you wonder why we judge Islam the way we do,
Riyaz khaleed

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#20 Nov 16, 2010
Wilberhum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world wouldn't we judge Islam by what it produces?
If so why shouldnt we too judge for example Christianity by what the people of this faith had produced?

Who was responsible for world war 1 & 11? not muslims.
Who killed 6 million Jews in germany? not muslims
Who killed millions in Vietnam & Korean war? not muslims.
Who killed each other in IRA war over britain? not muslims.
Who starved and fcked the people of Iraq in pretext of Weapons of Mass destructions? not muslims.
Who bombed the Civilians of Afganistan? not muslims.
How many millions the christian tyrant Mussolini muredered?

FOR ALL THE CRIME COMMITTED AMOUNTING TO HALF A BILLION CASUALTIES BY CHRISTIANS IS IT PRUDENT FOR ME TO JUDGE CHRITIANITY FAITH BY WHAT THEIR FOLLOWERS HAD PRODUCED? NO!!!!!!!
I judge any faith by what the message it offers to humanity.simple
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#22 Nov 16, 2010
Who killed who in the Iran/Iraq war?

Who gassed the kurds in Iraq?

Who invaded India, Europe, Spain, etc. killing millions?
Soulja

Maple, Canada

#23 Nov 16, 2010
Wilberhum wrote:
<quoted text>
Treat housemaids with kindness but kill infidels. LOL
Religion of Peace, Huh. The Prophet Mohamed killed Thousands of innocent Jews simply because they refused to believe in his Satanic religion.
Soulja

Maple, Canada

#24 Nov 16, 2010
Riyaz khaleed wrote:
<quoted text>
If so why shouldnt we too judge for example Christianity by what the people of this faith had produced?
Who was responsible for world war 1 & 11? not muslims.
Who killed 6 million Jews in germany? not muslims
Who killed millions in Vietnam & Korean war? not muslims.
Who killed each other in IRA war over britain? not muslims.
Who starved and fcked the people of Iraq in pretext of Weapons of Mass destructions? not muslims.
Who bombed the Civilians of Afganistan? not muslims.
How many millions the christian tyrant Mussolini muredered?
FOR ALL THE CRIME COMMITTED AMOUNTING TO HALF A BILLION CASUALTIES BY CHRISTIANS IS IT PRUDENT FOR ME TO JUDGE CHRITIANITY FAITH BY WHAT THEIR FOLLOWERS HAD PRODUCED? NO!!!!!!!
I judge any faith by what the message it offers to humanity.simple
Grand Mufti of Jerusalem with Hitler
http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/galler...

What does the religion of violence teach about:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-v...

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most of the verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that the historical context is not embedded within the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. This proclivity toward violence - and Muhammad's own martial legacy - has left a trail of blood and tears across world history.
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

#25 Nov 16, 2010
Soulja wrote:
<quoted text>Religion of Peace, Huh. The Prophet Mohamed killed Thousands of innocent Jews simply because they refused to believe in his Satanic religion.
Sap headed duffer, why are you harping on the same sting? you must diversify your beliefs otherwise it will cause your mind to loose reality and manifest your own visions... they may appear as though they are from God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Western, Sri Lanka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sri Lanka cabinet expands with swearing-in of a... (Nov '13) Feb '15 Demalu R killers 3
True stroy given by KARUNA about achivement of ... Feb '15 Sekvam 1
News Sri Lankan President assures completion of coun... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tamil Chimp 2
News Alien evidence:A team of 'white gentlemen' atte... (Nov '14) Nov '14 CrimeaRiver 1
News Buddhist monk who abducted a 9-year-old boy in ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Punc 4
Best Songs Of Bruno Mars || Bruno Mars's Greate... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Foo 1
The Best Of Pitbull | Pitbull's Greatest Hits (... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Yang 1
More from around the web