Sri Lanka: Denying the truth will not...

Sri Lanka: Denying the truth will not bury it

There are 5 comments on the Amnesty International story from Jun 14, 2011, titled Sri Lanka: Denying the truth will not bury it. In it, Amnesty International reports that:

Tonight Channel 4 screens its harrowing new documentary, "Sri Lanka, The Killing Fields". The film highlights massive human rights abuses and violations of the laws of war by both parties to the conflict.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Amnesty International.

Shocked

Romford, UK

#1 Jun 14, 2011
I just need to take my thoughts on this, no point me making a point on the channel 4 website because i doubt there are any sri lankans on there, i have just seen the channel 4 documentary by chance and i am physically sick. I didn't know much about Sri lanka, but i want to let you know how i feel so i searched sri lanka topix. How can you singahelese majority people feel no remorse for what you have done to the so called tamils during the ending of this war, it reminds me of what happened in cosovo or the nazis, I just don't know what to say,. Absolutely disgusting, I have never seen footage so shocking in my life. I am trying to sleep and i wish i never watched that documentary, You better hope not many westeners see these footages or else the peacefull name usually associated with sri lankans will be finished. They said the tamil tigers caused civilain deaths too but what will stick in my mind is those singhalese soldiers having no remorse for human life, shooting children in the head and the laughter of shooting men and raping women, and i just found out singalese are buddists, what the hell. Let me give you a word of advise to the sri lankan people of those who use this site, footage which has been shown is dangerous, for me it is sickening but for tamils i cannot imagine how they will feel watching it, we have a huge problem of young muslim youths being radicalised through videos just like this and causing innocent death in our western cities, you better pray in hell young tamil men do not get radicalised in this way, many live along side radicalised muslims in western cities and i am sure they can learn the terrorist trade very quick. I do hope it dosn't because islamic terrorism is something we all do not want but something we cannot stop.

“Truth triumphs in the long run”

Since: Apr 10

Truthland

#2 Jun 14, 2011
Shocked wrote:
I just need to take my thoughts on this, no point me making a point on the channel 4 website because i doubt there are any sri lankans on there, i have just seen the channel 4 documentary by chance and i am physically sick. I didn't know much about Sri lanka, but i want to let you know how i feel so i searched sri lanka topix. How can you singahelese majority people feel no remorse for what you have done to the so called tamils during the ending of this war, it reminds me of what happened in cosovo or the nazis, I just don't know what to say,. Absolutely disgusting, I have never seen footage so shocking in my life. I am trying to sleep and i wish i never watched that documentary, You better hope not many westeners see these footages or else the peacefull name usually associated with sri lankans will be finished. They said the tamil tigers caused civilain deaths too but what will stick in my mind is those singhalese soldiers having no remorse for human life, shooting children in the head and the laughter of shooting men and raping women, and i just found out singalese are buddists, what the hell. Let me give you a word of advise to the sri lankan people of those who use this site, footage which has been shown is dangerous, for me it is sickening but for tamils i cannot imagine how they will feel watching it, we have a huge problem of young muslim youths being radicalised through videos just like this and causing innocent death in our western cities, you better pray in hell young tamil men do not get radicalised in this way, many live along side radicalised muslims in western cities and i am sure they can learn the terrorist trade very quick. I do hope it dosn't because islamic terrorism is something we all do not want but something we cannot stop.
Hey!!Befuddled by nonsense don't utter nonsense.Your fabulous stories will be really intriguing to the small children.So,You are engaged far away from reality and fabricating by your imagination.Your hallucination clearly reveals an instilled complex in your mind.Therefore I suggest to meet an able psychiatrist immediately.Lol
vedda

Scarborough, Canada

#3 Jun 14, 2011
well then i am afraid you have come to the wrong place (topix)
vast majority are simply indifferent to the plight of tamil people - they will claim that the whole video is staged to destablise sri lanka and that they fought a 'war on terror'
sri lanka carried a war without witness in the past few decades, essentially denying media to the north and east where the war took place; so, many are not aware of the injustices committed on the Tamil population apart from what the state controlled media dishes out or what the sri lankan government wants you to know
Curse Mohammed

Australia

#4 Jun 14, 2011
"Despite visual evidence that the Tamil Tigers used child soldiers, some Tamil groups continue to deny the practice"

Tamils are criminals and will lie and cheat you as quick as look at you. This "documentary" was well directed and got the Amnesty message out in their usual melodramatic fashion.

Accept that there are just too many people on earth and some need getting rid of. Tamils are in that group. They are terrorists, liars, thieves, and the second lowest life form on earth.
vedda

Scarborough, Canada

#5 Jun 14, 2011
Curse Mohammed wrote:
Accept that there are just too many people on earth and some need getting rid of.
y dun u volunteer urself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sri Lanka cabinet expands with swearing-in of a... (Nov '13) Feb '15 Demalu R killers 3
News Sri Lankan President assures completion of coun... Jan '15 Tamil Chimp 2
News Alien evidence:A team of 'white gentlemen' atte... (Nov '14) Nov '14 CrimeaRiver 1
News Buddhist monk who abducted a 9-year-old boy in ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Punc 4
News Sri Lanka: Terracotta artefacts of folk culture... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Tamils r terrorists 7
News Sri Lanka: SL Army conducts archaeology, The Hi... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brave Tamil 2
News Hardline monks rally Sri Lanka as Buddhist front (Jan '14) Mar '14 Punc 43
More from around the web