Wedding crusher

Wedding crusher

There are 172 comments on the The Reporter story from Jun 14, 2008, titled Wedding crusher. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Veronica Stake and Mike Kenyon question Martera Banquets owner, Kathy Martinez, about their wedding plans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
just listening

Downey, CA

#196 Sep 5, 2008
Yes I remmember TC Gators, the owners then changed the name to Aussies Steakhouse in 1993.The business wasn't doing so well,about that time Mike and Kathy somehow took it over,and continued to struggle until it closed sometime later.They had to file for Bankruptcy.It's hard to beleive they would try again in the same location.Who says lighting doesn't strike twice.
Cry Me a River

San Leandro, CA

#197 Sep 5, 2008
Remember TC Gators? "In town long enough?" Hahahaha....I been in town long enough to remember that the first tenant was micro brew pub "Amber Waves"...the what is now Centennial Park was once the sewer ponds; to have eaten at the Remark and drank at Manfredi's Zoo; that Vaca High didn't have AC and that kids hung out on Merchant Street at "The Cruise".

I also know that the blubbering bride in this story is a fat tub of goo.

“Oblabla - You Lie”

Since: Jan 08

Richmond to Buddy

#198 Sep 5, 2008
I remember passing out in Mr Ed's Coffee Shop about 3 in the morning a couple of times. Cry me a river weren't you a busboy there? Amber Waves made some killer brews but bad management was their undoing.
just listening

Rio Vista, CA

#199 Sep 12, 2008
Bad Managment is mostly the cause of a companies down fall.Why were building gas guzzling cars and SUV's,and then buying them,thinking that a gallon of gas was to stay at $1.28 forever.Now american made cars that average 17 miles per gallon are no longer popular?Why did the fiancial banks loan money to people who were buying houses well above the real value.Yet after the collapse...The CEO's still get to keep their $200 million dollar a year salaries & bonuses. It's all bad managment!
Ms- Kay

Suisun City, CA

#200 Sep 24, 2008
Bill and Debbie Kenyon wrote:
As parents of the future Bride and Groom, I am asking for any lawyers, catering business, photographers.....etc. that can step up to help these couples during this time. All of these couples in good faith gave money to Martera Banquet to take care of them for their special day. Money that these poor couples will probably never see again, but money they do not have to start the whole process over again. Please if any one can help them out.....We are seeking help for them.
Hello I would like to help you if I can please let me know if I can be of assistance. Please feel free to share this email address with anyone who may be looking for assistance with there wedding [email protected]
Ms- Kay

Suisun City, CA

#201 Sep 24, 2008
Hello,

I have been reading on this situation. I have been a party planner and cater for 7 years. this is something that I love to do. I usually only do for family members, close friends and my church, But I would love to offer some of you my assistance. I do realize that money is an issue. I am not looking to get rich just want to help some people who were taken for a very bad ride. So with that said if you are reading this and you know someone who would be instrested please email me at [email protected] Please only serious people This is not a joke.. I believe that when you do good for others God bless you.
Cry Me a River

Hayward, CA

#202 Sep 24, 2008
Cry Me a River wrote:
I also know that the blubbering bride in this story is a fat tub of goo.
Yeah! Fatty! Hahahahaha!!!!
Violet Blue

Clarksburg, CA

#203 Sep 25, 2008
If I wanted to get married, we would go to the Justice of the Peace and not invite anybody and then go back to work. lol

True.
Watcher

Vallejo, CA

#204 Jan 11, 2009
I have been following this bankruptcy and just knew it was not going to go through since the Martinez's have a monthly income of over $14,000, Mike has a good salary and Cathy collects social security disability. in 07 that was $23,420. Her daughter got $12,421 in 07. That can buy her a lot of candy. Sure glad my tax money is going to something worth while. the way she was running around getting all the brides to give her money early, you just wouldn't have guessed she was disabled. Anyway, this is all public record. Just go to the sacramento courthouse, the address is 501 I street, and the clerk will give you a copy. They also have 4 rental houses in Texas they are going to keep and of course the large one in Vacaville with the pool they recently put in. Now I wonder where all the deposits went to when no service was performed. If the Martinez's had any integrity they would pay these young couples back. They have a daughter and you would think they would think of how she would feel if someone took her wedding money just before she got married. What goes around comes around, as a Mom I sure would not but that bad karma on my child. In 2007 they lised $150,922. in rental income. It's crazy that the courts are going to grant them the bankruptcy. All you have to show is more debt than income, and they like to spend, mostly other people's money, and a lot of it too.
Watcher

Vallejo, CA

#205 Jan 11, 2009
It gives me the creeps to know a fire fighter has such low moral standards. He took money from these young couples, money they have been saving for some time. and would not give it back to them. We even asked him if we could borrow some of the catering equipment to help with our reception when we found a place. He said "No". plain and simple. He said he was going to sell it and if he didn't take it the bank would. Niether Kathy or Mike tried to help us find a new place for the reception. She was mad we came to her house to get some answers. They had just gotten back from the lake and told us to leave as they were getting ready to entertain family. What a crook. If Mike goes into your house to fight a fire, you better count your jewelry when he leaves.
Bruce H

Vallejo, CA

#206 Jan 26, 2009
I talk with Martinez's all the time and they laugh everytime they read your comments, because they know there is nothing you can do about it. Get over it.
Julie B

Rio Vista, CA

#207 Apr 1, 2013
Mike Kenyon wrote:
We were the ones in the picture, trying to get answers from Kathy and all she could tell us is that they were closed. They have not contacted anyone at all!! We have talked to numerous people involved and she was cashing checks from clients after the place was cleaned out and the doors were shut. In the article it states that she has called people back for events in June and July. WHO???? There has not been one person contacted. We have tried to reach her on the phone and via email and she is ignoring us now for about a month. WHERE IS OUR MONEY???????? Thats the question I think anyone would like to know. If she is not involved in this, then why is she hiding?? You don't hide and try and hit me with your car if you have nothing do with this. Yes she did try to hit me with her vehicle yesterday. They didn't state that or a lot of other facts in the article that they should have. Does everyone know that she has a bankruptcy lawyer and was trying to file in January. She is filing chapter 7 with all us the clients as employees. How does that work. Please anyone involved step forward and lets fight this together. I have spoken to law officials and a lawyer, she can not do this!!!
She works at Fuso in downtown Vacaville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 26 min Rose_NoHo 204
News Baker wants US Supreme Court to hear gay weddin... 7 hr Just Think 8
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge (Aug '15) 9 hr swedenforever 513
News Connecticut's convention-goers head home, many ... 18 hr In Hillary Gays T... 1
News Can a new chief rabbi change the Israeli Rabbin... (Apr '13) Fri indict ELTON JOHN 17
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Fri Eddie Munster 30
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Right On 31,932
More from around the web