Is Pre-Marital Sex Always Wrong?

Is Pre-Marital Sex Always Wrong?

There are 6 comments on the DFW Catholic story from Sep 4, 2013, titled Is Pre-Marital Sex Always Wrong?. In it, DFW Catholic reports that:

It seems like a simple enough question - is pre-marital sex always a sin? The answers to that question given by Catholics might shock you .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DFW Catholic.

Beena pandey

Ashburn, VA

#1 Sep 5, 2013
Hey! Koi hai
Rahul

Hyderabad, India

#2 Sep 5, 2013
Beena pandey wrote:
Hey! Koi hai
Hi beena
eric cartman

Federal Way, WA

#3 Sep 5, 2013
Only if you re a christian. So why ask us? we are all sinners here

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#4 Sep 5, 2013
This article explores the stats surrounding Catholic's mass attendance and those “Catholics who struggle with their sexuality.” Over 70 percent of those attending weekly mass do not agree with the Church's definition of “chasity.” The article goes on to say,“Sex should be saved for marriage.” Where the OT never mentions marriage (marriage is not a word in the ancient Hebrew language) it becomes a doctrine established as a sacrament (Council of Trent). Man's percption of a relationship symbolized by a marriage covenant, associated with a personal God.

It is always interesting how an article takes me into a study on religion, the Bible and theology. And, this article is about religion, first and foremost. From reading this article I immediately thought that the real perspective was about what religion wants one to believe, not that pre-marital sex is a sin. My study took me to understand the emphasis on chastity and left me with understanding the difference of theonomy and autonomy. I began to relate to what is called the,“personal God.” I realized more fully, who I consider to be the greatest theologian of all Christian history, Paul Tillich. The study took me to a greater acceptance of Faith and, as opposed to Catholic Faith. One begins to see that what used to fulfill a Christian’s need to identify with an infinite God is nolonger enough. So to, this identifying with pre-marital sex as a sin falls alongside those that find their Christianity failing them. It is not about “Catholics who struggle with their sexuality and controlling their desires,” it is about Catholics struggling with Catholicism. The Song of Solomon portrays this articles life long commitment spoken of in this article but 8:12 relates to pre-marital, sexual intercourse as to what constitutes a marriage. It is the only act in the Bible that can be related to what we call a marriage, the act of intercourse. Given that marriage is not an ancient Hebrew word. Given that marriage was never established within the Church until the Council of Trent. Given that marriage or, a civil contract governing property was the original intent. God did not establish marriage nor are their any guidelines that establishes a marriage. Marriage is therefore a construct, precept of the Church, of religion, man’s perception.

“Depravity abounds...”

Since: Mar 13

Orlando, FL

#5 Sep 6, 2013
No, what's wrong is leaping into a marriage blind, see divorce rates.

Even automobile purchases come with a test run and those are FAR less of a commitment.

Old ways be damned.

Since: Jun 13

Anchorage, AK

#6 Sep 6, 2013
TwistedHubby wrote:
No, what's wrong is leaping into a marriage blind, see divorce rates.
Even automobile purchases come with a test run and those are FAR less of a commitment.
Old ways be damned.
TwistedHubby, I agree and that is how the Song of Solomon reads in the OT.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 57 min Rose_NoHo 4,335
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 3 hr giftstar 127
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 hr toabhah 36,046
News Bollywood in Taipei 6 hr TW_sugar_daddio 4
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 7 hr longtime Boro res... 31,919
News Christine Wicker: Learning to Talk About God an... (Sep '10) 9 hr True Christian w... 30
News At gay pride parades, large crowds and increase... 23 hr OUCH 4
More from around the web