GOP Insiders: Avoid Same-Sex Marriage...

GOP Insiders: Avoid Same-Sex Marriage Issue

There are 56 comments on the nationaljournal.com story from Jan 12, 2013, titled GOP Insiders: Avoid Same-Sex Marriage Issue. In it, nationaljournal.com reports that:

National Journal's Political Insiders moved closer to embracing gay marriage, in the wake of historic ballot initiatives that legalized same-sex marriage in some states November and the first endorsement from a sitting president.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at nationaljournal.com.

Boris

Moscow, Russia

#23 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
You know fake marriage aka gay marriage is a bad thing when even the FRENCH are showing up in masses to protest it!!
MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!
http://www.france24.com/en/20130113-huge-crow...
Way to go my France!

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#25 Jan 13, 2013
Six Six Six Imperfections wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Who prints the dough? Who runs Follyhood? Who runs [email protected]? Most of the media? Who banters to take away guns? They've been using us to dismantle an entire region, you can't see that?
YO MAMA!

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#26 Jan 13, 2013
Boris wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I do!
That's good to know!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....the majority of Americans feel the same as I do so go back to your fantasy land where gays rule the world.
LOL
So you support marriage equality for same-sex couples just like the majority who voted in Washington, Maryland, Maine, & Minnesota.

Good to see you've finally come around.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#29 Jan 13, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support marriage equality for same-sex couples just like the majority who voted in Washington, Maryland, Maine, & Minnesota.
Good to see you've finally come around.
The majority of Americans oppose fake marriages like ME.

Get with the program or get out. Oh wait, you cant even move to France because they oppose gay marriage, too!!!

QUI QUI VIVA LA FRANCE!!

lol

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of Americans oppose fake marriages like ME.
Get with the program or get out. Oh wait, you cant even move to France because they oppose gay marriage, too!!!
QUI QUI VIVA LA FRANCE!!
lol
And yet the majority voted FOR marriage equality in Maine, Maryland, and Washington, while rejecting a ban in Minnesota.

I do love the irony of you "conservatives" now loving the French- remember the whole "freedom fries" crap?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#31 Jan 13, 2013
And the French don't get to decide what we do here in our great nation. So big whoop!
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Laura Bush is a sweet lady, she loves everybody but
thousands upon thousands of FRENCH oppose fake marriage aka gay marriage.
MERCI BEAUCOUP, VIVA LA FRANCE!!!
lol

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#32 Jan 13, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the majority voted FOR marriage equality in Maine, Maryland, and Washington, while rejecting a ban in Minnesota.
I do love the irony of you "conservatives" now loving the French- remember the whole "freedom fries" crap?
No, they didn't it was force fed upon them by corrupt politicians that were paid off by gay and lesbian groups and fake activist judges sympathetic to your evil gay agenda.

VIVA LA FRANCE!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#33 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't it was force fed upon them by corrupt politicians that were paid off by gay and lesbian groups and fake activist judges sympathetic to your evil gay agenda.
VIVA LA FRANCE!!
Idiot......if ya like France so much, then move there........a protest doesn't mean Marriage Equality won't happen.......just that some don't want it!!!

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#34 Jan 13, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
And the French don't get to decide what we do here in our great nation. So big whoop!
<quoted text>
That's not the point, the point is there is still a large movement that oppose and always will oppose gay marriage.... even in FRANCE!!! So stop beating your chests and prancing around with your accept my lifestyle or die attitude. You people arent all that youre cracked up to be!!

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#35 Jan 13, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot......if ya like France so much, then move there........a protest doesn't mean Marriage Equality won't happen.......just that some don't want it!!!
Why don't you move there...oh wait, they don't like gays just as much as Americans don't!

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#36 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you move there...oh wait, they don't like gays just as much as Americans don't!
VIVA LA FRANCE!!!
Really, then why did the voters pass Marriage Equality in 3 States the past November?

Why would I move to France? I'm an American Citizen and I'm quite happy to be here......you on the other hand seem miserable and maybe a change of scenery might make you better!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#37 Jan 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
You know fake marriage aka gay marriage is a bad thing when even the FRENCH are showing up in masses to protest it!!
MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!
http://www.france24.com/en/20130113-huge-crow...
So, instead of admitting you were wrong about Cheney, you point to bigots in France as role models?

You believe that Americans should always look to France for guidance?

Location hidden

#38 Jan 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
VIVA LA FRANCE!!!
Do you propose that Americans follow the French in all social and taxation issues?

Silly.

Wouldn't it just be easier to admit you were sooooo wrong about Cheney? Changing the subjuct makes you look silly.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point, the point is there is still a large movement that oppose and always will oppose gay marriage.... even in FRANCE!!!......
And the real point is that irrational bigotry against gay people is shrinking rapidly, even among CONSERVATIVES.
Which makes sense of course.
Why would any true "small government" conservative support MORE government intrusion into Tax-payers personal lives?
Frankies Pudenda

West New York, NJ

#40 Jan 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
VIVA LA FRANCE!!
Oh, right..... it's a vast conspiracy of rich gays..... Paranoia much?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#41 Jan 14, 2013
There's no such large movement in this country, that's all that matters at the moment. No doubt you want to have women in burfkahs here too, ain't gonna happen.

No one gives a rats butt about your acceptance of our lifestyle, especially since its virtually identical to every other adult in the nation. I pay my taxes and take care of my home just like any other responsible adult, get over yourself.
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point, the point is there is still a large movement that oppose and always will oppose gay marriage.... even in FRANCE!!! So stop beating your chests and prancing around with your accept my lifestyle or die attitude. You people arent all that youre cracked up to be!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#42 Jan 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
VIVA LA FRANCE!!
So now you're claiming the majority DIDN'T vote to approve marriage equality in Maine, Washington, & Maryland?

Continue to deny reality; it won't stop same-sex couples from marrying.

Up next- Illinois, Rhode Island, Delaware, Hawaii, & Minnesota.

Tawas City, Michigan

#43 Jan 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
And as the votes in Maine, Maryland, & Washington showed, there are even MORE peope who APPROVE of marriage equality.

Tawas City, Michigan

#46 Jan 14, 2013
Natural Law wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing American about you and liberals pandering for what amounts to a pile of excrement wrapped in a box. You bastards call yourselves Americans yet wish to irradicate the 1st and 2nd amendments, among other things, so go to hell where you belong you traitorous cowardly zionist loving poofters!
And yet a majority voted for marriage equality in Maine, Maryland, & Washington!

We kept telling you bigots the country was changing, but you keep you heads stuck firmly in the sand and were suprised by our 4 in a row victories!!

Get ready for more to come with Illinios, Rhode Island, Delaware, Hawaii, & Minnesota all joining the marriage equality club in 2013!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 20 min ramadan 125
News Christine Wicker: Learning to Talk About God an... (Sep '10) 40 min Joy to the World 29
News Bollywood in Taipei 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 2
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 36,031
News No monopolies on bigotry in election lead-up Sat Paddling has its ... 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Fri crucifiedguy 4,328
News Slovenians vote in gay marriage referendum (Dec '15) Fri saharali 6
More from around the web