GOP Insiders: Avoid Same-Sex Marriage Issue

Jan 12, 2013 Full story: nationaljournal.com 56

National Journal's Political Insiders moved closer to embracing gay marriage, in the wake of historic ballot initiatives that legalized same-sex marriage in some states November and the first endorsement from a sitting president.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#1 Jan 12, 2013
"We can’t be a party that supports a zone of personal freedom and then try to use federal power to curtail it," one said. "Plus, we increasingly look prejudiced, and not a little stupid, on this issue."

No kidding.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Apparently the chairman of the GOP in Illinois is a step ahead of them already by endorsing marriage equality as a conservative principle.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#3 Jan 12, 2013
My personal favorite:

""Wouldn't it be fascinating if for once the Republicans were on the front side of a historic wave, rather than thrashed around in the undertow?" one GOP insider asked."

“Ebola spreader-in-chie f needs ”

Since: Mar 09

to ban travel from Ebola land

#4 Jan 12, 2013
A Republican that supports gay marriage isn't a Republican...he's a RINO who's corrupting and sabotaging the party. No REAL Republican would support such insanity.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Yeah right, Dick Cheney is a RINO..
American_Infidel wrote:
A Republican that supports gay marriage isn't a Republican...he's a RINO who's corrupting and sabotaging the party. No REAL Republican would support such insanity.

this one

#6 Jan 12, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Those of you who want to see the Republican Party to slip into complete irrelevance in pursuit of ideological purity, please follow this kind gentleman in the foil hat. Mr Infidel, can you please wave your arms maniacally so the lemmings know which way towards the cliff?

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Those of you who want to see the Republican Party to slip into complete irrelevance in pursuit of ideological purity, please follow this kind gentleman in the foil hat. Mr Infidel, can you please wave your arms maniacally so the lemmings know which way towards the cliff?
Um....the majority of Americans feel the same as I do so go back to your fantasy land where gays rule the world.

LOL

#8 Jan 12, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
Yeah right, Dick Cheney is a RINO..
<quoted text>
Dick Cheney doesn't support gay marriage, liar.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#9 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he does.......he's evolved to just like the President did:-)

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has revealed that although he has long been a supporter of same-sex marriage, he did not speak out in support of the issue during the 2000 presidential campaign because it could have harmed former President George W. Bush's chances of winning.
Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/dick-che...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#10 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he does. His daughter is gay.

this one

#11 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Um....the majority of Americans feel the same as I do so go back to your fantasy land where gays rule the world.
LOL
Hon, did you sleep through the last election? I don't imagine we rule the world, just have an equal right in it whether you like it or not. The reality is that you and your ilk no longer rule the world or even much of it and the undertow of history is about to sweep you out of our way once and for all. So if you would kindly lead the rest of the useful idiots over the cliff of ideological purity we'd be greatly appreciative.
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#12 Jan 13, 2013
I don't know why republicans would be against gays. After all, didn't they once have a dick armey?

El Paso, TX

#13 Jan 13, 2013
Oh, and so does Laura Bush.
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 13, 2013
You post this like you think this guy wants to hear the truth. He doesn't, but thanks for trying.
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he does.......he's evolved to just like the President did:-)
Former Vice President Dick Cheney has revealed that although he has long been a supporter of same-sex marriage, he did not speak out in support of the issue during the 2000 presidential campaign because it could have harmed former President George W. Bush's chances of winning.
Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/dick-che...

#15 Jan 13, 2013
You know fake marriage aka gay marriage is a bad thing when even the FRENCH are showing up in masses to protest it!!

MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!

http://www.france24.com/en/20130113-huge-crow...

#16 Jan 13, 2013
Maybe there is hope for France,afterall...

You've angered a sleeping giant with your force feeding of your fake lifestyle, phoney marriage.

"An estimated 340,000 people gathered in the French capital on Sunday to voice their opposition to President François Hollande’s controversial “marriage for all” bill, which seeks to extend equal rights to same-sex couples. "

#17 Jan 13, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
Oh, and so does Laura Bush.
<quoted text>
Laura Bush is a sweet lady, she loves everybody but

thousands upon thousands of FRENCH oppose fake marriage aka gay marriage.

MERCI BEAUCOUP, VIVA LA FRANCE!!!

lol

#20 Jan 13, 2013
Strawberry Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
In a sick sordid way they actually corrupt the world through Follyhood. The same Follyhood run by zionists. The bank that prints the dough. The wars we fight for Ishrael. The states with most delegates, NY & CA, broke, run by who? The puveyors of queerness. The preposterous concept of ss parenting.Gaydays@disney. These sick freaks assist the work of the devil himself.
End the fed and I can assure you the rest of the tentacles to the octogan of wickedness will drop off one by one.
The Natives deserve more of there land back after what we have done here in as many decades. Greedy bassturds!
Um keep your paranoid schizophrenic "Jews World Domination" conspiracy crapola to yourself. Go take another hit and chillax.

#21 Jan 13, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
You post this like you think this guy wants to hear the truth. He doesn't, but thanks for trying.
<quoted text>
I already know the truth. Youre the one who has your head up the arse....and I mean that literally.

haaha
Boris

Moscow, Russia

#22 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I know I do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min HOLME 50,773
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 15 min HOLME 25,541
Gay Ukip MEP: same-sex marriage supporters are ... 1 hr Hoyt 5
UT/TT Poll: Conditional Support for Same-Sex Un... 1 hr Belle Sexton 12
Hayworth features gay son in ad 1 hr Belle Sexton 27
Ukip's David Coburn, who describes himself as "... 1 hr Belle Sexton 8
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr disappointed 31,323

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE