North American Old Catholic Church to ordain transgender priest in Minneapolis

Jan 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: City Pages

During the run up to the November election, some Minnesota Catholics openly expressed displeasure with their church's gay unfriendliness .

Comments
61 - 80 of 85 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Natural Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate speech. Gays hate the opposite sex, gotcha!
Nope.

Are you some kind of insect?

Stop being SO binary.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Idi Amin Dada wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there are 29000 deities worshipped on this earth today. So that means my dunce pal that one group is right or none of them are. Throw that in with zero contact from the gods who only talk to people who ask you for money in gods name. He made the universe but just can't handle money. You need to rely on yourself not things that are as real as mother goose stories. You are a typical dope who really believes that something is controlling your life. You control your life not that nasty Satan or a false god.
Once again, for whatever reason you wish to expand the arguement beyond what I stated. You wish to bait me into some insane arguement about the exsistence of God, when it is quite obvious,as previously stated, if there isn't any, then 95% of the world's population has been duped! Oh, I do control my life, with the help of Jesus Christ, my lord and savior, and with his grace, will enjoy my eternal reward at his side. You apparently have nothing to look forward to but death, how hopeless!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "Many are CALLED..."
But I've yet to see that our soteriologies are in agreement.
Ours is that the way is SO simple and uncomplicated that few can actually get their heads around it. They themselves are too complicated as persons, with too many mental encrustations obstructing the purity and simplicity of the way.
You are right, I stand corrected, Many are called, few are chosen. Are you among the chosen, or those who were called?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, I stand corrected, Many are called, few are chosen. Are you among the chosen, or those who were called?
How can you be the former without being the latter as well?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Idi Amin Dada wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there are 29000 deities worshipped on this earth today. So that means my dunce pal that one group is right or none of them are.
You forgot the obvious third option here, that they just might all be right. After all, it's a big universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be the former without being the latter as well?
you answer a question with a question? A sign you not sure what your answer should be!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the obvious third option here, that they just might all be right. After all, it's a big universe.
Once again Can't you bring light to a world of darkness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>you answer a question with a question? A sign you not sure what your answer should be!
Bullshirt. It directly addresses the nonsensical structure of the question posed, and invites the question to correct/clarify.

Yes or no: Have you stopped beating your 2nd wife?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshirt. It directly addresses the nonsensical structure of the question posed, and invites the question to correct/clarify.
Yes or no: Have you stopped beating your 2nd wife?
Is it? The question posed was simply reversed from the statement made. It is not difficult to understand or reply to. Kind of like yes or no, no clarification is required. Simple and uncomplicated!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

He quit women for trolls...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

<quoted text>Is it? The question posed was simply reversed from the statement made. It is not difficult to understand or reply to. Kind of like yes or no, no clarification is required. Simple and uncomplicated!
The problem is your use of "or".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is your use of "or".
For one who proclaims to keep things simple, pure and uncomplicated, you sure get hung up on a lot of different words/slants to words. So here you go, Are you one who was called and has answered the call to be one of the Chosen, or are you one who has decided you're smarter than those called and refuse to be chosen?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>For one who proclaims to keep things simple, pure and uncomplicated, you sure get hung up on a lot of different words/slants to words. So here you go, Are you one who was called and has answered the call to be one of the Chosen, or are you one who has decided you're smarter than those called and refuse to be chosen?
I was all ready to answer UNTIL you ascribed a motivation to the second answer.

C'mon!

In Court that would play, "Objection, Your Honor: Prejudicial and Badgering"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I was all ready to answer UNTIL you ascribed a motivation to the second answer.
C'mon!
In Court that would play, "Objection, Your Honor: Prejudicial and Badgering"
COP OUT!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, you sure did. More than once it seems.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>COP OUT!
Nope. Rewrite the question into a form that I can, in good conscience, answer and I will.

Grow up and join the big boys' table.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Snypers Diaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it allowed in the states?
Pedophilia was acceptable too at one time ya know I believe in the yewish version. Follow common sense and adhere to natural law and we might be ok. Ya know?
show the verse(s). since a good portion of the Jewish books are in the bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Rewrite the question into a form that I can, in good conscience, answer and I will.
Grow up and join the big boys' table.
Big Boys table? Please. I have sat at the table of more theologians than you probably know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

<quoted text>Big Boys table? Please. I have sat at the table of more theologians than you probably know.
Now that would be an accomplishment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that would be an accomplishment.
Not really, at my age and with my associations over the years. However, if you would like to prove me wrong, I am listening

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••