North American Old Catholic Church to ordain transgender priest in Minneapolis

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: City Pages 85

During the run up to the November election, some Minnesota Catholics openly expressed displeasure with their church's gay unfriendliness .

Full Story

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#22 Jan 11, 2013
These people aren't Catholics.

The North American Old Catholic Church (NAOCC) claims to be Old Catholic, following the teachings and polity of the Union of Utrecht. However, the jurisdiction is not a member of the Union, and the Union does not recognize the NAOCC as a representative of Old Catholicism in the United States. Officially, the Union of Utrecht maintains a presence in the United States only through the Episcopal Church.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#23 Jan 11, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance is often bliss. If there is no after life, 95% of the world's population has been hoodwinked. The odds my friend, are not in your favor.
"The way is narrow and few find it."

DEFINITELY FAR FEWER than congratulate themselves that they have.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24 Jan 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"The way is narrow and few find it."
DEFINITELY FAR FEWER than congratulate themselves that they have.
To which I would respond, I agree!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#25 Jan 11, 2013
If you're going to Heaven, lots of better folks will be moving out...

Location hidden

#26 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>To which I would respond, I agree!
But what are we agreeing to?

Location hidden

#27 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>Or the Gospel of John.
The same piece of writing.

Location hidden

#28 Jan 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
But what are we agreeing to?
Many are found, few are chosen!

Location hidden

#29 Jan 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The same piece of writing.
To some, perhaps!
Fr Sam

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Jan 11, 2013
Old Catholic is not Roman Catholic., its like and apple and an orange. Two whole different religions in practice , beliefs etc

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

#31 Jan 11, 2013
Fr Sam! Good lord, Schamhl, is nothing sacred to you?
LEM

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Jan 11, 2013
It is amazing reading all the ignorance of people and sand their aposts and their self righteous indignation. I am glad th Old Catholic Church does not fall under the authority of the pope. If you hypocrites will remember they still have failed to address the child sexual molestation issues. I am proud of this man pledging his service to the the love and service of Jesus Christ.
Pe sha do

Warwick, RI

#33 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>Ignorance is often bliss. If there is no after life, 95% of the world's population has been hoodwinked. The odds my friend, are not in your favor.

95% of the world doesn't believe in a god or even multiple gods. That is a figure you pulled out of no where but your mind. 99.8% of everything that has lived on earth is extinct!! So these invisible people have made no effort to help us or save there loyal billions as you have it.

Location hidden

#34 Jan 11, 2013
Pe sha do wrote:
<quoted text>
95% of the world doesn't believe in a god or even multiple gods. That is a figure you pulled out of no where but your mind. 99.8% of everything that has lived on earth is extinct!! So these invisible people have made no effort to help us or save there loyal billions as you have it.
You have twisted the comment I made to serve your cause, which is very typical of those who can't comment straight up. What I said was:If there is no after life, 95% of the world's population has been hoodwinked. The odds my friend, are not in your favor. Where did I mention God or multiple gods? You chose not to believe, that is your business, but it would appear based on the number of religious sects around the world, more than you think, are believers of some sort. Just a fact Jack!
Idi Amin Dada

Warwick, RI

#35 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>You have twisted the comment I made to serve your cause, which is very typical of those who can't comment straight up. What I said was:If there is no after life, 95% of the world's population has been hoodwinked. The odds my friend, are not in your favor. Where did I mention God or multiple gods? You chose not to believe, that is your business, but it would appear based on the number of religious sects around the world, more than you think, are believers of some sort. Just a fact Jack!
Well there are 29000 deities worshipped on this earth today. So that means my dunce pal that one group is right or none of them are. Throw that in with zero contact from the gods who only talk to people who ask you for money in gods name. He made the universe but just can't handle money. You need to rely on yourself not things that are as real as mother goose stories. You are a typical dope who really believes that something is controlling your life. You control your life not that nasty Satan or a false god.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#36 Jan 11, 2013
Those same odds you write about don't have ANYWHERE near that percentage for your specific God...

Odd, you're either unaware of that reality or a complete pompous fool....

I'm going with pompous fool, based on your postings.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#37 Jan 11, 2013
Idi Amin Dada wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there are 29000 deities worshipped on this earth today. So that means my dunce pal that one group is right or none of them are. Throw that in with zero contact from the gods who only talk to people who ask you for money in gods name. He made the universe but just can't handle money. You need to rely on yourself not things that are as real as mother goose stories. You are a typical dope who really believes that something is controlling your life. You control your life not that nasty Satan or a false god.
You should just go crawl back into your dark, dark hole and continue playing with yourself.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#38 Jan 11, 2013
Like you did when you "reached" Sea-Tac hertz ???

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#39 Jan 11, 2013
When it comes right down to it, this whole thing is moot. There is no such thing as transgender. You are born either male of female. Chromosomes and DNA don't lie and at this time we don't have the technology to make that go away. (yet)
Idi Amin Dada

Warwick, RI

#40 Jan 11, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>You should just go crawl back into your dark, dark hole and continue playing with yourself.
You are a credit to your race!!!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#41 Jan 11, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
When it comes right down to it, this whole thing is moot. There is no such thing as transgender. You are born either male of female. Chromosomes and DNA don't lie and at this time we don't have the technology to make that go away.(yet)
then what do you call those born with BOTH genders?
http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex “Intersex” is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside. Or a person may be born with genitals that seem to be in-between the usual male and female types—for example, a girl may be born with a noticeably large clitoris, or lacking a vaginal opening, or a boy may be born with a notably small penis, or with a scrotum that is divided so that it has formed more like labia. Or a person may be born with mosaic genetics, so that some of her cells have XX chromosomes and some of them have XY.
the last sentance also refers to those who are born as human http://io9.com/5911357/theres-a-good-chance-y... Chimerism, the phenomenon of having parts of a body made from a completely different being, is a much more common occurrence than previously thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 1 hr Christian Trucker 216
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 1 hr Rick in Kansas 57
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 1 hr Switches 42
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr hal 26,909
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMare 51,285
After 16 years, Tony and Tina calling it quits? (Jul '09) 18 hr Sublime1 40
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Thu Rotten to the Core 31,555
More from around the web