Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongl...

Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote against same-sex marriage in Croatia

There are 175 comments on the Examiner.com story from Dec 1, 2013, titled Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote against same-sex marriage in Croatia. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Croatian lawmakers called for a Dec. 1 referendum on a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages in the predominantly Roman Catholic country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Sigh Nope Fairy Tale

Beverly, MA

#132 Jul 11, 2014
Hans wrote:
It's refreshing to see there are still countries left that have morals and decency and care about preserving family traditions and protecting children.
Um, have you visited? Children are victims of land mines over there. Where was the concern and protection then?

What a farce.

Heterosexuals are the worst examples of family traditions. Especially France, where taking a mistress appears to be the right of every man.

There are no family values among heterosexuals. It is a smoke screen and a bunch of lies.

Heterosexuals are dysfunctional liars who get married and accidentally procreate and then regret it seeking out distractions.

At least if homosexuals decide to marry and then have kids, it is not an accident. They purposefully form very nice families that are far superior to the hapless heterosexual messes I have seen.

And where do you think all those orphans come from whom Homosexuals adopt?
Magyar 101

Europe

#134 Jul 11, 2014
I think you need help!
Although remaining single, i am still heterosexually inclined.

Since: Dec 12

Penshurst, Australia

#135 Jul 12, 2014
Sigh Nope Fairy Tale wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, have you visited? Children are victims of land mines over there. Where was the concern and protection then?
What a farce.
Heterosexuals are the worst examples of family traditions. Especially France, where taking a mistress appears to be the right of every man.
There are no family values among heterosexuals. It is a smoke screen and a bunch of lies.
Heterosexuals are dysfunctional liars who get married and accidentally procreate and then regret it seeking out distractions.
At least if homosexuals decide to marry and then have kids, it is not an accident. They purposefully form very nice families that are far superior to the hapless heterosexual messes I have seen.
Do these comments apply to your parents as well and how many children have you brought up ??
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#136 Jul 12, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, he is same generation as me ( 7 years younger).The difference is that he is "reformed Commie " meaning that he suffered from delusions of youth and all of the sudden saw the light whereas people like me were never in the dark and saw misgivings and advantages of the old regime and only objected to social injustices and some ideological nonsense ( like one party system )..Also, dear real Croatian , take on board that membership of Communist Party was around 5 % of population and that population had strong influence over regime ergo giving us reasonable individual rights and the benefit of even more reasonable social structure (free education and health care, my mothers legacy, 9 month maternity leave and 1 month annual holiday fully paid for and democratic election of local and republic leadership) ensuring decent standard of living.Federal government was under full control of KPJ and Tito was installed as benevolent dictator/figurehead ( rightly perceived by rest of the world ).So if you take into account that federation comprised of 5 naturally incompatible nations, the whole thing was a miracle in itself.As for Tomic, well it is a democracy so let him blab.
Whatever positives there may have been those 45 years contained negative aspects that left a legacy of pinning Croat vs Croat and a world full of subsequent generations full of real Croats born some place else. When you next want to rag on real Croats from the dijaspora recall that real Croat Josipovic is a negative influence who continues to divide Croats with nonsense like I mentioned in my previous post and, guess what, he walks on Croatian soil and breathes Croatian air everyday.
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#137 Jul 12, 2014
Sigh Nope Fairy Tale wrote:
<quoted text>
What a farce.
A former member of parliament here in my province and his partner adopted two small children a few years back. Fast forward to about 18 months ago and the news that his partner went missing and was found hiding in a field somewhere in the countryside. Fast forward once again to about 8 or 9 months ago when that partner committed suicide. In the aftermath of all of this it was revealed he was a manic depressive and this former member of parliament a former heroin addict. Never would a heterosexual couple with this kind of background been the right to adopt children. It's too bad that making a political statement came before the well being of these two children.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#138 Jul 12, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Do these comments apply to your parents as well and how many children have you brought up ??
He is mentally ill and stupid. Homosexuality is one of those cause that destroyed the family.

Location hidden

#139 Jul 12, 2014
causes*

Penshurst, Australia

#140 Jul 12, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever positives there may have been those 45 years contained negative aspects that left a legacy of pinning Croat vs Croat and a world full of subsequent generations full of real Croats born some place else. When you next want to rag on real Croats from the dijaspora recall that real Croat Josipovic is a negative influence who continues to divide Croats with nonsense like I mentioned in my previous post and, guess what, he walks on Croatian soil and breathes Croatian air everyday.
All systems of the world have positive and negative aspects so Croatia can't be different.There is yet another election around the corner so let's see who will win .As for Josipovic, he is president elect but did you really understand my comment ??
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#141 Jul 12, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
All systems of the world have positive and negative aspects so Croatia can't be different.There is yet another election around the corner so let's see who will win .As for Josipovic, he is president elect but did you really understand my comment ??
It wasn't written in "Yugoslavian" that a real Croat like me wouldn't understand. haha!!
:-)

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#143 Jul 13, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
People that are happy with themselves have no need to parade.
People that are happy with themselves have every reason to celebrate. We don't "need" our Pride events. Just like the Irish don't "need" St. Pattie's Day parades and residents of New Orleans don't "need" Mardi Gras.

But I do like that our parades get you all worked up.

Location hidden

#144 Jul 13, 2014
Jooosh04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just a personal thing for me, I don't think sexuality of any kind should be put on show for all to see is all. But if that stuff makes you happy then go for it..
Those that it does make happy do go for it. As they should. And those that don't want to see it aren't mandated to attend, watch or participate in any way. And absolutely nothing is ever "forced down people's throats" as you so elegantly stated.

“Make burek, not war”

Since: Oct 13

Costa del Coventry

#145 Jul 13, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
People that are happy with themselves have every reason to celebrate. We don't "need" our Pride events. Just like the Irish don't "need" St. Pattie's Day parades and residents of New Orleans don't "need" Mardi Gras.
Fair enough, I suppose. In London we also have an Afro-Caribbean parade (Notting hill carnival) so I see your point.

Location hidden

#146 Jul 13, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those that it does make happy do go for it. As they should. And those that don't want to see it aren't mandated to attend, watch or participate in any way. And absolutely nothing is ever "forced down people's throats" as you so elegantly stated.
You are disgusting and a lier.
Pedos and sicko criminals. what are you doing in public, exposing your genital and disgusting highly deviant behavior?!
Nobody s perfect, but when you expose your insanity and present it as normality then you should be eliminated.
sava

Hawthorn, Australia

#147 Jul 13, 2014
i have worked with two old gays (music/drama teachers)....every year they love to take gay cruises
their best EVER cruise was the adriatic....they love...love.. LOVED venice, zadar...and dubrovnik
my advice to croatians is...be nice to poofs...the pink dollar is easy money.
the average poof earns 1.3 male wages...2 poofs / no kids on 2.6 average wages is obscene
let the poofs marry..you can become a gay wedding / honeymoon mecca

Arncliffe, Australia

#148 Jul 14, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your parades really do not concern me.If you opt to expose yourself in public that is your problem.

Location hidden

#149 Jul 14, 2014
_Adi_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are disgusting and a lier.
Pedos and sicko criminals. what are you doing in public, exposing your genital and disgusting highly deviant behavior?!
Nobody s perfect, but when you expose your insanity and present it as normality then you should be eliminated.
If homosexuality is not normal, please present the scientific research that supports your claim.

Waiting....

Waiting.....

Waiting.....

And who exactly is exposing their genitals? You fundies sure do talk about this a lot. Seems to be all that's on your minds. Sickos.

"you should be eliminated"? Wow. You fundie Christians sure do love the idea of genocide. Probably because your Hebrew god engaged it in so many times. What lovely people you are, talking about the "elimination" of hundreds of thousands of people. Simply lovely. So Christ like.

Location hidden

#150 Jul 14, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Your parades really do not concern me.
Your posts specifically addressing them would indicate otherwise. Is it typical of you to talk out of both sides of your mouth?
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
If you opt to expose yourself in public that is your problem.
Who said anything about exposing themselves in public? Oh, that's right. You and the other fundie Christians.

Sickos.

Arncliffe, Australia

#151 Jul 14, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts specifically addressing them would indicate otherwise. Is it typical of you to talk out of both sides of your mouth?
<quoted text>
Who said anything about exposing themselves in public? Oh, that's right. You and the other fundie Christians.
Sickos.
Listen very carefully because I am going to say this only once : If you are a human being ( and indication is that you might be ) then you already have same rights as me and your sexual orientation is accepted ( although very much a minority )so what else do you want ??
And brush up on manners because if I start insulting you, you will never recover.

Location hidden

#152 Jul 14, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen very carefully because I am going to say this only once : If you are a human being ( and indication is that you might be ) then you already have same rights as me and your sexual orientation is accepted ( although very much a minority )so what else do you want ??
And brush up on manners because if I start insulting you, you will never recover.
What are we doing here?! What do they want??
Seek and destroy, this is the target! We are afraid nowadays to tell the truth, or we would ne accused and persecuted. Around the bush, around the bush, all the time, instead of telling the truth.
You have your principles? aint that good, not good at all, mister. You're a criminal, can't we see it?!

Location hidden

#153 Jul 14, 2014
their mission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 hr dollarsbill 19,229
News It's Time For Israel To Recognize That Diaspora... Sat yidfellas v USA 1
News Westboro Baptist Church heading to West for fir... (Apr '13) Apr 20 vaginal odor 41
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... (Jun '17) Apr 20 Anonymous 23
News Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in A... Apr 19 Wondering 3
News Colorado Springs' 'church of misfits' Apr 15 jac 1
News Missouri governor's scandal ensnares unwitting ... Apr 15 RustyS 1