Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongl...

Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote against same-sex marriage in Croatia

There are 175 comments on the Examiner.com story from Dec 1, 2013, titled Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote against same-sex marriage in Croatia. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Croatian lawmakers called for a Dec. 1 referendum on a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages in the predominantly Roman Catholic country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
truth

Perth, Australia

#1 Dec 1, 2013
perfect
Hans

France

#2 Dec 1, 2013
It's refreshing to see there are still countries left that have morals and decency and care about preserving family traditions and protecting children.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 1, 2013
thank the lord

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 1, 2013
now they can get into more important issues like fixing their economy and stop wasting time on minority issues
Dr Milan Sufflay

Australia

#6 Dec 1, 2013
Zadar wrote:
now they can get into more important issues like fixing their economy and stop wasting time on minority issues
"stop wasting time on minority issues" ???? that comment has wider implications ! would you care to elaborate ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 1, 2013
Dr Milan Sufflay wrote:
<quoted text>"stop wasting time on minority issues" ???? that comment has wider implications ! would you care to elaborate ?
I suspect it will be to decide upon which minority to "cleanse" next.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 2, 2013
Zadar wrote:
Zadar wrote:
Minority issues bad.
Majority rule good!

Yeah, equal representation, that's not a very important issue at all!!!

Bet you're one of them there Xtian fundies.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 2, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you're one of them sh!teating atheist fagg@ts.
Goodness princess, did you learn to talk like that in bible study? Your Jesus must be so proud to have you representing him!
Boycott Croatia

Oulu, Finland

#11 Dec 2, 2013
This shows Croatia shouldn't be a member of the European Union! You don't share the values of the European civilized nations. Shame on you!
Billy

Anonymous Proxy

#12 Dec 2, 2013
I LOVE Croatia!
Dalmatino

Vrhnika, Slovenia

#13 Dec 2, 2013
Boycott Croatia wrote:
This shows Croatia shouldn't be a member of the European Union! You don't share the values of the European civilized nations. Shame on you!
99% of croats are gays
pocahontas

Toronto, Canada

#14 Dec 2, 2013
Hans wrote:
It's refreshing to see there are still countries left that have morals and decency and care about preserving family traditions and protecting children.
Never met a Serbian called Hans.
Dr Milan Sufflay

Adelaide, Australia

#16 Dec 2, 2013
i am all for minority rights in croatia but excluding gays & bi's, they should be treated as lepers & shipped off to isolated ex leper colony island's so they can fend for themselves & die off slowly. Man hating Lesbians can possibly be re-educated
David

Irvine, CA

#17 Dec 2, 2013
I was actually thinking of doing my graduate studies in Croatia, but with the outcome of this referendum, I think I'll have to revise my plans. It's really a shame too because they were making so much steady progress, but this shows that the large majority of Croats still have a backwards, recalcitrant, and reactionary attitude to civil rights. I don't think I could deal with 4+ years of that. Hopefully future generations will take up the mantle for a more tolerant and progressive society, sooner rather than later.
kmicanakreku

Zagreb, Croatia

#20 Jun 8, 2014
David wrote:
I was actually thinking of doing my graduate studies in Croatia, but with the outcome of this referendum, I think I'll have to revise my plans. It's really a shame too because they were making so much steady progress, but this shows that the large majority of Croats still have a backwards, recalcitrant, and reactionary attitude to civil rights. I don't think I could deal with 4+ years of that. Hopefully future generations will take up the mantle for a more tolerant and progressive society, sooner rather than later.
Actually it wasnt a ban on anything it was just an amendment to define marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman.....
majority has spoken

Australia

#21 Jun 9, 2014
David wrote:
So twisted, next a minority will ask that humans can marry animals where does it stop?!
gay people have twisted personalitys and behaviors. gay men over exaggerate female body language and tend to be over the top gossipers and have that bytchy attitude, it's not natural it's like they're fake
gays are over the top perverted doing parades in public areas virtually exposing themselves in front of family's kids
lezos look absurd when they try to be like men
gay people should not be hated but they should be educated on correct conduct and behaviors
majority has spoken

Australia

#22 Jun 9, 2014
Boycott Croatia wrote:
Just because a perverted minority has a distorted view of what is civilized does not make it so
gay conduct contributes higher percent of STDs- aids etc
Let's hope gay parades will one day be banned world wide as these perverted people virtually exposing themselves in front of the public is sick and disgusting.
Constantin

Craiova, Romania

#23 Jun 9, 2014
majority has spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a perverted minority has a distorted view of what is civilized does not make it so
gay conduct contributes higher percent of STDs- aids etc
Let's hope gay parades will one day be banned world wide as these perverted people virtually exposing themselves in front of the public is sick and disgusting.
Any kind of sex parades should be banned (hetero too). the problem is that we see only those gay degenerated parades.
Hetero people dont make any. Hypocrisy, that's it!:))
Constantin

Craiova, Romania

#24 Jun 9, 2014
majority has spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
So twisted, next a minority will ask that humans can marry animals where does it stop?!
gay people have twisted personalitys and behaviors. gay men over exaggerate female body language and tend to be over the top gossipers and have that bytchy attitude, it's not natural it's like they're fake
gays are over the top perverted doing parades in public areas virtually exposing themselves in front of family's kids
lezos look absurd when they try to be like men
gay people should not be hated but they should be educated on correct conduct and behaviors
The biggest dange is that the gay people are attacking the family and the children and they transform the women in ”models”, in walking dead skeletons , puppets and brainless THINGS.
This last thing is always proving how much they understand and love the woman. Exposing their true nature, their hatred.
pocahontas

Toronto, Canada

#25 Jun 9, 2014
kmicanakreku wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it wasnt a ban on anything it was just an amendment to define marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman.....
Something Slovkia just implemented without a referendum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 24 min Wondering 853
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr Bradtop 34,566
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case 2 hr Sneaky Pete 33
News Britney Spears' Brother Bryan Marries Jamie Lyn... (Jan '09) 3 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 4
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 13 hr NorCal Native 466
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 15 hr WasteWater 93
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 15 hr tongangodz 6,636
More from around the web