Ex-Detroit mayor to spend weekend in prison

Jan 25, 2013 Full story: News9 Oklahoma City

7, 2013 file photo, former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, center, heads to federal court in Detroit.

Full Story
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Put this punk in a cell with the infamous 'tossed salad man.' Jelly or syrup kwame?
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Jan 25, 2013
Authorities cut Kwame a huge break again. This three day jail time is just the beginning. Kwame must know he only has weeks of freedom left before the federal sentence kicks in. And again they will perhaps cut him a break and give him three months to get his affairs in order. Maybe an appeal will keep him out two years.

The defense team is seriously challenged by Kwame's behavior. The latest excuse is that the MDOC order was about reporting "income", not necessarily "other income." I'm sure this was clearly explained to him in terms of "all income" of any kind.

There's always the ace in the hole on the jury. We don't know whether there is one secure hold-out in the group that will hand this long trial. All it takes is one juror leaning Kwame's way and for a conflict to take place in the jury room that locks that juror into hanging it for spite. Why do I imagine a woman juror? Because it has happened before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 19 min Marvin 33
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Boy G 51,358
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 1 hr Reverend Alan 291
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 1 hr NorCal Native 965
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr Belle Sexton 29,074
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage 2 hr Marvin 57
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr hypocrites and liars 31,723
More from around the web