Churches changing bylaws after gay marriage ruling

Aug 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KIMT

With gay marriage now legal in 13 states, some churches think it is only a matter of time before they are sued by gay couples.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2013

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

They're trying to play the victim, even though NO CHURCH has EVER been forced to marry ANYONE they didn't want to.

EVER.

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Why would LGBT individuals even want to members of these churches? Members attend churches where they feel welcomed. Changing by-laws shows that these churches are not welcoming at all.
Sparkle

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Like anyone LGBT even wants to marry in a fucktard christard church........
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The church has the first amendment, that's all the law they need.
Sparkle

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

no one has ever sue them here anyway.. cause we don't care about them or want to cheaper our marriages with there mythical superstition

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

What is the source of this opinion?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Gee, every gay couple I know is just dying to get married in a church that hates them.

Geesh. A church is in NO WAY required to marry someone, particularly someone who is not a member.

These people are crazy.

Now, if they offer services for hire to the general population, and then try to deny those services to only gay couples, lawsuits will follow.

As they should.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Quest wrote:
Gee, every gay couple I know is just dying to get married in a church that hates them.
Geesh. A church is in NO WAY required to marry someone, particularly someone who is not a member.
These people are crazy.
Now, if they offer services for hire to the general population, and then try to deny those services to only gay couples, lawsuits will follow.
As they should.
Church people are just not smart enough to understand the laws and principles of public accommodation. They're too zoned out on superstitious brainwashing
They really should hire gay people as consultants to advise them as they struggle along their rocky primrose path
Streight outta Hell

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

God will never recognize you butt pumpers in marriage, give up and get ready for hell.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
They're trying to play the victim, even though NO CHURCH has EVER been forced to marry ANYONE they didn't want to.
EVER.
Absolutely correct.

A church was sued for refusing to rent out one of it's public facilities, but never for not performing a wedding or refusing their main church building. That is all as it should be.

I would vehemently oppose any attempt to sue a church for refusing to perform marriage services to anyone they did not wish to.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Streight outta Hell wrote:
God will never recognize you butt pumpers in marriage, give up and get ready for hell.
GOD doesn't sell $35 marriage licenses
County courthouse clerks do

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Rainbow to the Angels wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD doesn't sell $35 marriage licenses
County courthouse clerks do
That's right.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
The church has the first amendment, that's all the law they need.
Correct. Which is why adding religious exemptions to laws is a bad idea.

Churches are free do do as they wish within their own congregation. But when they enter into the public sector as businesses they must obey secular laws as scripture says they should.

102 Bible Verses about
Obeying Authority

http://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_auth...

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Streight outta Hell wrote:
wrong.

John 1:3
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Colossians 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

http://biblehub.com

Hebrews 2
10 God is the One who made all things, and all things are for his glory. He wanted to have many children share his glory, so he made the One who leads people to salvation perfect through suffering

Isaiah 40:26 ESV

Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Isn't Isaiah a great poet!

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

snyper wrote:
Isn't Isaiah a great poet!
I can almost hear Dr. King's voice in my head as I read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••