HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers

Aug 29, 2013 Full story: EDGE 1,122

Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Wednesday presented state lawmakers with a draft of legislation that would legalize gay marriage in Hawaii.

Full Story

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1007 Sep 13, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Many denominations and congregations already treat gay people as fully equal and have been blessing their unions in their churches for decades.
What did you expect to happen? With all those Catholic child molesters being outed the Pope had to do something to get them off the hook or they would lose their revenue.
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kailua Kona, HI

#1008 Sep 14, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Many denominations and congregations already treat gay people as fully equal and have been blessing their unions in their churches for decades. Churches are still free to discriminate against any person for any reason they choose. That is not the issue.
The issue is equal treatment of those marriages by the government, under the laws currently in effect for opposite sex couples. Refusal to do so is a violation of the 5th and 14th amendments.
I ultimately believe that the notion of "marriage" flies in the face of liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage as a social institution should be abolished, and government should not recognize any rights beyond what contracts offer. If a company or government chooses not to offer benefit packages that include a "spouse," then there would be equality. Benefits should be limited to just the employee, and include no family members, not even children.
Neither should government recognize any "marriages," because the "individual" is the basic unit of humanity. Government should get out of the bedroom, and laws should only protect people individually.
Imposter Alert

Honolulu, HI

#1011 Sep 14, 2013
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ wrote:
<quoted text>I ultimately believe that the notion of "marriage" flies in the face of liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage as a social institution should be abolished, and government should not recognize any rights beyond what contracts offer. If a company or government chooses not to offer benefit packages that include a "spouse," then there would be equality. Benefits should be limited to just the employee, and include no family members, not even children.
Neither should government recognize any "marriages," because the "individual" is the basic unit of humanity. Government should get out of the bedroom, and laws should only protect people individually.
Another flip flopper living by the sea. Gay and Lesbian marriages scares the dickens out of him.
Imposeur Alert

Kailua Kona, HI

#1012 Sep 14, 2013
Dickensian!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1013 Sep 14, 2013
Muay Thai Champs wrote:
If you feel that Russia got it right, why don't you go live there.........I'm sure that Putin will embrace your hate and bigotry!!!
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kailua Kona, HI

#1014 Sep 14, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel that Russia got it right, why don't you go live there.........I'm sure that Putin will embrace your hate and bigotry!!!
I think you really need to embrace pedophile priests because they are victims of the systemic oppression against Gays that has been so intransigent in society.
If you'll just suspend your incredulity for a moment and reflect:
Imagine being "born that way" into a strictly religious, God-fearing family. You go to church every Sunday, and have Bible Study Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Catechism every Wednesday.
You never showed an interest in girls through intermediate or high school, and on your 18th birthday announce to your parents you want to enter the Seminary.
All those secret urges you held in about the cute boy you sat next to in 4th grade, or the teacher who took you "under his wing" in 6th grade will be cured by a life of Holy obedience, right?
Wrong.
You find that the priesthood is full of temptations, from choirboys, to vulnerable kids in crisis who are brought to you for counsel, to other priests who commiserate about their struggles and demons.

Think about it: Pedophile priests are victims of the anti-gay social stigma, and should therefore be embraced by the LGBT Movement.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1015 Sep 14, 2013
Why would I embrace pedophiles? or Child Molesters? Pedophiles are unfortunately hard-wire that way, but NOT will act on those feelings......that's why they can't be "cured" of it.......however Child Molesters are a whole other animal.......they need to be punished severely because they prey on vulnerable children!!!

Pedophile Priest are NOT victims of anything but having some attraction to pre-pubescence children, regardless of gender and should be severely punished IF they cross the line and become Child Molesters!!!

Again you are confusing Pedophiles with being Gay and it's NOT the same thing......Gay men are attracted to other ADULT Gay men, NOT boys.....when are you idiots going to realize that the gender of the adult and the gender of the child, if male DOESN'T make it a Homosexual abuse......it makes it Male/Male Molestation.......why? Because it DOES NOT mean that the adult is Gay, it just means that the boy was a victim of opportunity and NOTHING else!!!

No matter what you believe......I WILL NOT EMBRACE ANY ADULT PERSON REGARDLESS OF THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION MOLESTING A CHILD, frankly in my opinion......harm a child, and you should suffer great pain and be in agony for the rest of your life!!!

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#1016 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text> I think you really need to embrace pedophile priests because they are victims of the systemic oppression against Gays that has been so intransigent in society.
What a silly thing to say. Do you also demand that every straight person who wishes to marry must embrace people who molest and harm children of the opposite gender?

You must be a lot of fun at parties ...

Rhoadesville, VA

#1017 Sep 14, 2013
Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares? You do not. Russia got it right. You and your ant-human campaign will not be sustained.
So, loving one's spouse and family and legally marrying is "anti-human", and Russia, who has been viciously persecuting gay people and their families, has the right idea?

I feel sorry for you, if that's how you see others.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1018 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>I ultimately believe that the notion of "marriage" flies in the face of liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage as a social institution should be abolished, and government should not recognize any rights beyond what contracts offer. If a company or government chooses not to offer benefit packages that include a "spouse," then there would be equality. Benefits should be limited to just the employee, and include no family members, not even children.
Good basic libertarian argument.

That said, it's never going to happen, mostly because society benefits when families are taken care of. Therefore, it's in the interest of society to encourage that through our state & federal laws.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1019 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text> I think you really need to embrace pedophile priests because they are victims of the systemic oppression against Gays that has been so intransigent in society.
Imagine being "born that way" into a strictly religious, God-fearing family. You go to church every Sunday, and have Bible Study Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Catechism every Wednesday.
You never showed an interest in girls through intermediate or high school, and on your 18th birthday announce to your parents you want to enter the Seminary.
All those secret urges you held in about the cute boy you sat next to in 4th grade, or the teacher who took you "under his wing" in 6th grade will be cured by a life of Holy obedience, right?
Wrong.
You find that the priesthood is full of temptations, from choirboys, to vulnerable kids in crisis who are brought to you for counsel, to other priests who commiserate about their struggles and demons.
Think about it: Pedophile priests are victims of the anti-gay social stigma, and should therefore be embraced by the LGBT Movement.
How does that explain those pedophile priests who target young girls? Or the millions of pedophiles in society in general who target young girls?

I think you're confusing pedophiles (those who target pre-pubescent children) with hebephiles (attraction to early pubescent children) & ephebophiles (attraction to mid-late pubescent children); that's a common mistake people make.

Most of the sexual predator priests are technically hebephiles & ephebophiles, and some of those COULD be a result of the unnatural suppression of natural sexual attraction due to anti-gay bias in society. But again that doesn't explain the incidence of heterosexual hebephilia & ephebophilia which is rampant in society as well.

Most child sex abusers prefer children over adult sexual partners.

There is simply no logical reason to attempt to link pedophilia with homosexuality any more than you'd link it to heterosexuality; but the bigots keep trying.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1020 Sep 14, 2013
Wrong.
Btw, I didn't respond to this post because it brought up any valid point, but rather to explain the common misconceptions the anti-gays have about pedophilia.

Sexual attraction is impossible to change- it is hard wired in all our brains. Straight people don't suddenly become attracted to the same sex; gay people don't suddenly become attracted to the opposite sex; and child sex offenders don't suddenly become attracted to adults.
BebeDeez

Honolulu, HI

#1024 Sep 14, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, loving one's spouse and family and legally marrying is "anti-human", and Russia, who has been viciously persecuting gay people and their families, has the right idea?
I feel sorry for you, if that's how you see others.
I agree Gays have been taking in the Azz for too damn long now!
BebeDeez

Honolulu, HI

#1025 Sep 14, 2013
Agent SHIELDS wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is not inborn, no genetic causation. It is a developmental character behavioral flaw. It would be like a girl who crawls at age 19, choosing that over walking. She may not have learned to walk, but she has two healthy legs and prefers to crawl.
Thats so true Gays love bending over on the knees!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1026 Sep 14, 2013
Agent SHIELDS wrote:
We have already proven that there is no medical or scientific evidence that anyone can be born gay. No genetic causation and no hormones identified.
Actually you'd be wrong......it has been proven that one's sexual orientation is innate, it is also complex and that it involves genetics, biology, hormones and environmental factors in the womb!!!

There is NOT a single gene, like you want to claim.....just like there is NO gene that decides if one will be straight.......but genetics do play a part in it:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/01/...
Bebedeez

Honolulu, HI

#1027 Sep 14, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you'd be wrong......it has been proven that one's sexual orientation is innate, it is also complex and that it involves genetics, biology, hormones and environmental factors in the womb!!!
There is NOT a single gene, like you want to claim.....just like there is NO gene that decides if one will be straight.......but genetics do play a part in it:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/01/...
Thats not true! Daisy dukes cut jeans on another man have been reponsible for more seed to be spilled than Muhhamad Ali with birdfood.

Rhoadesville, VA

#1028 Sep 14, 2013
Agent SHIELDS wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is not inborn, no genetic causation. It is a developmental character behavioral flaw. It would be like a girl who crawls at age 19, choosing that over walking. She may not have learned to walk, but she has two healthy legs and prefers to crawl.
Prove that sexual orientation is developmental and a character flaw.

Opinions don't count.

Rhoadesville, VA

#1029 Sep 14, 2013
Agent SHIELDS wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, all gays are bigots only matched by the fools who support the nonsense.
As soon as a person starts whining that everyone in a group is bad/evil/etc, you know they are a bigoted idiot.

If you can't see individuals as individuals, there is a flaw in your mind. Resorting to insults only makes it more apparent.

Rhoadesville, VA

#1030 Sep 14, 2013
Agent SHIELDS wrote:
<quoted text>..
Like I can not make the claim that homosexuality is caused by anal sex and the image of that sick act. You can not prove conclusively that it is not.
Since the majority of gay people do not engage in anal sex, and a huge percentage of the straight populations have tried it, I think that is all the proof needed. Care to try again?

And you might start by explaining why your mind is focused on sex on a thread about marriage? Have this always been the case for you, and what happened to you to make you this way?

Rhoadesville, VA

#1031 Sep 14, 2013
BebeDeez wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Gays have been taking in the Azz for too damn long now!
That seems to be your obsession. Why? Does the image interest you that much?

You have to know that your obsession with anal sex that you think others might be having is downright creepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 25 min Switches 49
Religious freedom bill coming to Indiana 42 min WasteWater 11
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 47 min WasteWater 26,979
Egypt cuts jail terms in gay wedding case 2 hr Belle Sexton 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Jonah1 51,295
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 4 hr KiMare 69
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 10 hr The Real Karen 229
More from around the web