Church Refuses to Host Troops Over Scouts' New Gay Policy

Jun 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

A Crystal Lake church is reportedly refusing to sponsor a local Boy Scout troop after the Scouts' lifted their ban on openly gay boys.

Comments
141 - 148 of 148 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
asd

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>He could be raped that way for a decade,but would still be straight. I've read of long time prisoners who had ACTIVE gay sex lives in prison, or some other male only circumstance, and when he gets back to day to day society, he puts away his gay activity like an old set of clothes for he was NOT gay in the first place.
You could hook ME up with the most beautiful girl on the planet and she could lie naked in front of me all night and all I would do is offer her a blankie to cover her body.
This is an interesting point you make. But at some point we would have to stop calling it rape n just say ole boy having a good ole time. Probably the second time it happened. After all, been told about a prison saying,"only one chance to make a punk," because of course something like this happens to a normal person they will seek protection. Doubtful any straight person would engage in the deviant activity at all, less known for such a period of time. In that scenario there would likely be other issues.

You also raise an interesting proposition that a person can simply decide, or "choose," what clothes to wear today, or for a decade. And you are right. It is a choice. This is why that community, although certainly entitled to congregate and explore and support common legitimate interests, cannot possibly have any true "civil rights" concerns. Either black or you're not. Either Jewish or you're not. Of a particular nationality or not. Discrimination based on such intrinsic, non-choice, irreversible factors violates Constitutional civil rights. There, they make a conscious choice. It is engaging in the abhorent, deviant activity that determines whether one is or is not.

That's so sweet, that you would offer a blankie.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I have to dumb it down to a level they can understand
Lets see if it works
understood.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

asd wrote:
<quoted text>
You also raise an interesting proposition that a person can simply decide, or "choose," what clothes to wear today, or for a decade. And you are right. It is a choice. This is why that community, although certainly entitled to congregate and explore and support common legitimate interests, cannot possibly have any true "civil rights" concerns. Either black or you're not. Either Jewish or you're not. Of a particular nationality or not. Discrimination based on such intrinsic, non-choice, irreversible factors violates Constitutional civil rights. There, they make a conscious choice. It is engaging in the abhorent, deviant activity that determines .....
One is either gay, or not. And of course it's a civil rights issue, when basic civil rights are abridged without cause.

It's pretty simple, and, yes, intrinsic.

And just what terrible "abhorrent" behavior all of those young gay scouts are engage in?

Earning merit badges and doing community service? Obeying their parents? Mowing the lawn?
Ronald

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what terrible "abhorrent" behavior all of those young gay scouts are engage in?
Earning merit badges and doing community service? Obeying their parents? Mowing the lawn?
F*cking each other up the butt, sucking each other's pen!ses. Shall I go on?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

asd wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an interesting point you make. But at some point we would have to stop calling it rape n just say ole boy having a good ole time. Probably the second time it happened. After all, been told about a prison saying,"only one chance to make a punk," because of course something like this happens to a normal person they will seek protection. Doubtful any straight person would engage in the deviant activity at all, less known for such a period of time. In that scenario there would likely be other issues.
You also raise an interesting proposition that a person can simply decide, or "choose," what clothes to wear today, or for a decade. And you are right. It is a choice. This is why that community, although certainly entitled to congregate and explore and support common legitimate interests, cannot possibly have any true "civil rights" concerns. Either black or you're not. Either Jewish or you're not. Of a particular nationality or not. Discrimination based on such intrinsic, non-choice, irreversible factors violates Constitutional civil rights. There, they make a conscious choice. It is engaging in the abhorent, deviant activity that determines whether one is or is not.
That's so sweet, that you would offer a blankie.
I never said that one can choose. I said that one can engage in a behavior and NOT change. I really think if push came to shove, I would DO a woman...shudder...but it would NO more make me hetero than learning to fly. As for prison sex. It is not about choice or orientation, but opportunity.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! You make it sound as if it is BAD. Woo hoo!

Nothun' better 'n PENIS. You love your own, just think how nice it would be to have TWO involved.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasizing again? What do you care what other people do in their bedrooms? Besides, plenty of straight people engage in anal sex and plenty of gay men do not, does that fact interfere with your fantasy?
Mike

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't be that bad, your mother liked it, and your grandmother did too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••