Church Refuses to Host Troops Over Sc...

Church Refuses to Host Troops Over Scouts' New Gay Policy

There are 148 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jun 1, 2013, titled Church Refuses to Host Troops Over Scouts' New Gay Policy. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

A Crystal Lake church is reportedly refusing to sponsor a local Boy Scout troop after the Scouts' lifted their ban on openly gay boys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Phil

Pekin, IL

#1 Jun 1, 2013
No Christian can condone homosexual behavior, but the ban was only lifted on orientation. All sex outside of marriage is still condemned.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2 Jun 1, 2013
It's not openly gay scouts destroying the BSA, but the "entitlement generation" of self righteous bigots doing it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 1, 2013
Boys ... it's time to do some fundraising to build your own clubhouses.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#4 Jun 1, 2013
Phil wrote:
No Christian can condone homosexual behavior, but the ban was only lifted on orientation. All sex outside of marriage is still condemned.
David Moore misquotes the Bible once again. And again tries to be the one person on Earth who decides who is and who isn't a "true christian"

God didn't object when Sarah told Abraham to get the slave woman pregnant.

God didn't object to Lot having sex with his own daughters (are you going to claim Lot married therm first?).

In my 50 some years on this earth, every time I hear someone say they know who is and who isn't a "true christian" there always seems to be a lot of skeletons in the person's closet. They also almost always turn out to be some of the most UNCHRISTIAN like people around.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#5 Jun 1, 2013
My church refused to host the Scouts BECAUSE OF their previous anti-gay policy.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#6 Jun 1, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
Many did just that. Sadly now, they are still stuck because the BSA decided to take a mamby-pamby stance and keep the adult exclusion that re-enforces the stereotype that all adult gay men are pedophiles. I don't think the BSA is going to be gaining much support from it's decision.

It tried to come up with a Solomon type solution, but let's remember that solution would have resulted in the death of the baby.

The anti-gays won't ever admit that by withdrawing their support of the BSA, that it is they who are causing the harm, not the gay scouts now joining, or the GLBT community and our supporters.

I am confident that when the BSA decides to admit adult gay scouts as leaders, they will have far greater support than they have had in years. And those that left won't be all that missed.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#7 Jun 1, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Many did just that. Sadly now, they are still stuck because the BSA decided to take a mamby-pamby stance and keep the adult exclusion that re-enforces the stereotype that all adult gay men are pedophiles. I don't think the BSA is going to be gaining much support from it's decision.
It tried to come up with a Solomon type solution, but let's remember that solution would have resulted in the death of the baby.
The anti-gays won't ever admit that by withdrawing their support of the BSA, that it is they who are causing the harm, not the gay scouts now joining, or the GLBT community and our supporters.
I am confident that when the BSA decides to admit adult gay scouts as leaders, they will have far greater support than they have had in years. And those that left won't be all that missed.
I agree.
Phil

Pekin, IL

#8 Jun 1, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
Then it is bigoted and un-Christian.
Phil

Pekin, IL

#9 Jun 1, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>David Moore misquotes the Bible once again. And again tries to be the one person on Earth who decides who is and who isn't a "true christian"
God didn't object when Sarah told Abraham to get the slave woman pregnant.
God didn't object to Lot having sex with his own daughters (are you going to claim Lot married therm first?).
In my 50 some years on this earth, every time I hear someone say they know who is and who isn't a "true christian" there always seems to be a lot of skeletons in the person's closet. They also almost always turn out to be some of the most UNCHRISTIAN like people around.
Liar.

You can't support your lie that I am the person you falsely claim I am.

You cannot cite even one Bible translation, ancient text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit condemnations of all homosexual behavior, liar.

Your other bigoted hateful trash just displays your bigotry and ignorance, liar.

Now, did you think your lies somehow refuted anything I posted, liar?

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 Jun 1, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
You cannot cite even one Bible translation, ancient text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit condemnations of all homosexual behavior, liar.
Your other bigoted hateful trash just displays your bigotry and ignorance, liar.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Well David all you havce to do is post the Court records you claim to have that prove David Moore doesn't exist. BUT I can look in any phone book and prove David Moore DOES exist.

We all know who you are. Goat-boy of 10,000 screen names trying to convince everyone you're a good soul.

Trouble is you always hang yourself by your own petard.

You are welcome to worship Saul of Tarsus as your savior. But if you do then be prepared to live by ALL of his teachings.

That means when the courts rule in favor of gays and lesbians, you as a 'christian" must follow what Paul said and obey magistrates. as it instructs in Titus.

You must also further CEASE in bringing you righteousness before the people since Jesus says we should do that in private.

But we know you are who you are. A hateful, jealous, arrogant, poorly educated, sad little person with a chip on his shoulder because the priest didn't think you were cute enough to molest.

Then when wifey left you and took the kids......

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#11 Jun 1, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
The other problem you face is the number of people who worship the same God you do.

You know the one. HE insists on body modifications of males then says you can't defile the temple of the body with piercings and tattoos. The same one that is so all powerful the only way he gets folks to worship him is by threats and prizes.

Go ahead and worship a book that was put together by man under a another man's orders (Constantine and King James). You worship those passages more than you do Jesus.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#12 Jun 1, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The other problem you face is the number of people who worship the same God you do.
You know the one. HE insists on body modifications of males then says you can't defile the temple of the body with piercings and tattoos. The same one that is so all powerful the only way he gets folks to worship him is by threats and prizes.
Go ahead and worship a book that was put together by man under a another man's orders (Constantine and King James). You worship those passages more than you do Jesus.
I choose "Door Number Three", Alex !

:)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13 Jun 1, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose "Door Number Three", Alex !
:)
Pastafarianism.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#14 Jun 1, 2013
I can just imagine some of the conversations going on now.

Billy: Hey John how come you missed scouts today?

John: My Dad is afraid I'll turn gay and pulled me out.

Billy: You know that can't happen, right?

John: I know but my Dad is on his high horse again.

Billy: That sucks Dude, now you're going to miss out on the upcoming jamboree camping trip.

John: Tell me about it. And now both rents are ragging about all the money they 'wasted' on camping gear.
Phil

Pekin, IL

#15 Jun 1, 2013
LiarDNF wrote:
<quoted text>Well David all you havce to do is post the Court records you claim to have that prove David Moore doesn't exist. BUT I can look in any phone book and prove David Moore DOES exist.
We all know who you are. Goat-boy of 10,000 screen names trying to convince everyone you're a good soul.
Trouble is you always hang yourself by your own petard.
You are welcome to worship Saul of Tarsus as your savior. But if you do then be prepared to live by ALL of his teachings.
That means when the courts rule in favor of gays and lesbians, you as a 'christian" must follow what Paul said and obey magistrates. as it instructs in Titus.
You must also further CEASE in bringing you righteousness before the people since Jesus says we should do that in private.
But we know you are who you are. A hateful, jealous, arrogant, poorly educated, sad little person with a chip on his shoulder because the priest didn't think you were cute enough to molest.
Then when wifey left you and took the kids......
All you've done is post more lies.

You have FAILED to refute even one thing I've posted.

You have FAILED to cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition to place in question the many passages cited proving that all homosexual behavior is repreatedly condemned in both Testaments.

Does lying make you feel better about your hell bound choice, liar?
Phil

Pekin, IL

#16 Jun 1, 2013
LyingDNF wrote:
<quoted text>The other problem you face is the number of people who worship the same God you do.
Your post is completely idiotic, liar. If you reject the Bible, with its many condemnations of all homosexual behavior, just what is your source of information about Jesus, liar? It would appear that you have made an idol more to your own liking, liar.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#17 Jun 1, 2013
Is David, posting as Phil, honestly asking someone to point out any lie?
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jun 1, 2013
Well then both organizations might lose members, that's ok with me.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 2, 2013
PARENTHETICALLY :

"Phil" is just trying to divert the discussion (again and again and again) from the topic.

Ignore him. He contributes NOTHING to the topic discussion. "Europa Report" (aka FaFoxy) is little different.

Neither of them can kill the thread alone.

Location hidden

#20 Jun 2, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Many did just that. Sadly now, they are still stuck because the BSA decided to take a mamby-pamby stance and keep the adult exclusion that re-enforces the stereotype that all adult gay men are pedophiles. I don't think the BSA is going to be gaining much support from it's decision.
" ... THE ANTI-GAYS WON'T EVER ADMIT THAT BY WITHDRAWING THEIR SUPPORT OF THE BSA, THAT IT IS THEY WHO ARE CAUSING THE HARM, NOT THE GAY SCOUTS NOW JOINING, OR THE GLBT COMMUNITY AND OUR SUPPORTERS ... "

Perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 42 min Carmel 5,942
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... Mon overlord 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sun Truth to Power 31,985
News Church 'rejoices' after decision to offer same-... May 20 Grief Counselor 1
News Local Brides Say Photographer Owes Them Wedding... (Aug '08) May 19 Meethead 619
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... May 19 Christian Taliban 31
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... May 18 The Stealth 2
More from around the web