Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of17,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Doctor Horndog wrote:
<quoted text>
If gay rights have any direct affect on you; then you are self-diagnosed with homophobia disability
Do they? I mean, specifically?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see I said that;
Mommy and daddy are the standard foundation for the family and should be protected.
Its imperative that freedom of religion and speech are protected....
That one of my favorite relatives was an open homosexual ...that person was loved , accepted by her Christian family and she knew it. I kissed, hugged her even after she acquired a disease... that eventually took her life...
The majority of homosexuals I know have died before 40.
That I don't want to know what homosexuals or hetereosexuals do in their bedroom...
I've said that homosexuals shouldn't be harmed physically and that they should be free to live their privates lives as they see fit...
But they shouldn't be allowed to indoctrinate Americas children that this is a normal lifestyle because the norm is mommy and daddy. Anything else including my widow headed family is abnormal and my kids crave their daddy.
Homosexuals at best can only bring blended families to the table and blended families have a high failure rate.
Homosexuals aren't exactly known monogamous relationships anyway...
I taught my daughter to wipe from front to back because we all know that the anus is for waste material...
That place cannot be sufficiently cleaned for anything other than waste material...
And if it is cleaned the good bacteria that keeps that area from becoming diseased will be eliminated as well opening the door for new super bugs that medical science can't handle.
This is basic common sense, legitimate concerns definitely not bigotry.
You're such a liar, Carol.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
I'm told that its homosexual Jews who are destroying the image of not only blk women but heterosexual white men in the media.
There it is. Scratch a homophobe and find a bigot.

Who told you, Carol? Sponge Bob?
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Horndog wrote:
<quoted text>
If gay rights have any direct affect on you; then you are self-diagnosed with homophobia disability
This issue is not private issue but a public issue. when laws are made it effect everybody. Calling me names will not change what people feel about the gay agenda. Over half of America have laws against gay marriages. You can have a name calling fit but the laws in those states still stand. Don`t tell me that they will be over turn. You will learn that when dealing with people, they do not always do what you think they will do even presidents, senators, governors and judges. Politicians will promise you the world until they get in office and do what they want to do.
AzAdam

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Since homosexuals are dying earlier, at least several I know have died from diseases...
that's nothing to brag about.
You have no argument so you're bringing up AIDS. I see

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>You know you have not search the millions of news websites and article. You know you are lying.
Prove it.
Jayce

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that "stand against wrong" working out for those churches??? 70% of their young mothers having children out of wedlock and raising them with no father in the picture??
I'm thinking that their courageous "stand against wrong" isn't working out so well, is it?
Maybe they should get some education and start living in the real world instead of an ideological world that never has and never will exist....
Like most involved in hate based radical homosexual causes, you are a bigot and a racist.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>This issue is not private issue but a public issue. when laws are made it effect everybody. Calling me names will not change what people feel about the gay agenda. Over half of America have laws against gay marriages. You can have a name calling fit but the laws in those states still stand. Don`t tell me that they will be over turn. You will learn that when dealing with people, they do not always do what you think they will do even presidents, senators, governors and judges. Politicians will promise you the world until they get in office and do what they want to do.
Actually, no, the laws in those states won't still stand.

How do you not see that in America, equality is inevitable?

It doesn't matter what YOU "feel." Your opinion is just your opinion, and it cannot diminish my rights as a US citizen.

My rights trump your feelings.

Discrimination is wrong. Period. Your kind will first be brought into line like the racists were, and then you will be marginalized like the KKK.

Enjoy!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that this intolerant bigot didn't address any of my talking points...
Homosexuals like him run from a valid debate ...
They bully any opposing views with words like homophobic, bigotry, intolerant...
When homosexuals are some if the most ignorant, intolerant, racist people in the planet.
I find that homosexual whites are more racist than heterosexual whites.
Finding you unlikeable does not make anyone racist. It just means they don't like you. It's personal.
Jayce

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel fraud with no real basis in how homosexual live. Homosexuals have overwhelmingly rejected 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.

There is no rational argument in favor of homosexual 'marriage.' It is VERY different from a real marriage in composition, characteristics, frequency, and effects on society.

The government has no legitimate reason to be involved in any legal homosexual relationship. No child is ever born as a direct result.

No such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother.

No such relationship follows a standardized pattern.

No such relationship involves economically unequal genders.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jayce wrote:
Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel fraud with no real basis in how homosexual live. Homosexuals have overwhelmingly rejected 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
There is no rational argument in favor of homosexual 'marriage.' It is VERY different from a real marriage in composition, characteristics, frequency, and effects on society.
The government has no legitimate reason to be involved in any legal homosexual relationship. No child is ever born as a direct result.
No such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother.
No such relationship follows a standardized pattern.
No such relationship involves economically unequal genders.
Tell us why your wife divorced you, David.
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, the laws in those states won't still stand.
How do you not see that in America, equality is inevitable?
It doesn't matter what YOU "feel." Your opinion is just your opinion, and it cannot diminish my rights as a US citizen.
My rights trump your feelings.
Discrimination is wrong. Period. Your kind will first be brought into line like the racists were, and then you will be marginalized like the KKK.
Enjoy!
You can cry all you want and say what will happen but is just your opinion. At this very moment in time you do not have a right under the laws of 30 states to have a same sex marriage. That is a fact and not an opinion. Having an emotional fit will not change it.
Jayce

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us why your wife divorced you, David.
Thank you for confirming that you cannot rationally dispute anything in my post.

Lying about my identity and making up lies about me changes nothing.

I have never been divorced, not that that has anything to do with the truth you cannot refute.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure adult homosexuals choose who they want to be intimate with...they're not being forced into same sex relationships...it is a choice.
Being born with blk skin is not a choice, the average blk person can't hide their heritage.
Poor Carol. You don't know the difference between being sexually oriented toward one gender and choosing a person to go on a date with???

No, of course we're not forced into same-sex relationships. We CHOOSE to be in them, not because we've "chosen" to be gay but because we ARE gay. That part's not a choice.

Tell us, Carol, could you "choose" to be in a loving, caring, committed,*sexual* relationship with another woman (assuming you're a woman) and be fulfilled by it??

If you claim you can, then again, you are NOT straight. You're bisexual. Gay people and straight people KNOW who we are and are not attracted you. You seem to be the confused one here, dear.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you will say this is not related to prop 8 as if that matters...
http://www.newson6.com/story/20525814/gay-mar...
" The nation's top university for the deaf and hard of hearing has reinstated its chief diversity officer, who was suspended for three months after signing a petition circulated by opponents of gay marriage in Maryland."
yes, your side acts like it pretends only the other side acts....
and yes, I love that you felt the need to attack my name, and yes its fantastic that you labeled yourself as poop to do it....
Aw, poor Jane. Poor, poor, pitiful, pretending to be a lawyer, Jane.

What makes you think it was GAY people that was behind her suspension?? You believe that a Chief Diversity Officer signing a petition that promotes the exact opposite of diversity wouldn't automatically attract some suspicion from her bosses, gay or straight??

Poor Jane. SO unable to see beyond her own prejudices....

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

<quoted text>You can cry all you want and say what will happen but is just your opinion. At this very moment in time you do not have a right under the laws of 30 states to have a same sex marriage. That is a fact and not an opinion. Having an emotional fit will not change it.
I didn't notice any emotional fit. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

It's not just my opinion. The facts are clear: there has been strong movement in this country towards correcting the injustice of marriage discrimination, especially in the last few years.

Are you so deep in your bubble that you can't see the recent previous comparable example of interracial marriage? The arguments against it were the same. The path to correct it was similar. The irrational bigots were just as loudly crying as they realized their own irrelevance.

That's the way it goes in this country. The good guys win. Equality wins. Closed-minded bigotry gets rightly trampled.

Enjoy your trampling!
Jayce

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Carol. You don't know the difference between being sexually oriented toward one gender and choosing a person to go on a date with???
No, of course we're not forced into same-sex relationships. We CHOOSE to be in them, not because we've "chosen" to be gay but because we ARE gay. That part's not a choice.
Tell us, Carol, could you "choose" to be in a loving, caring, committed,*sexual* relationship with another woman (assuming you're a woman) and be fulfilled by it??
If you claim you can, then again, you are NOT straight. You're bisexual. Gay people and straight people KNOW who we are and are not attracted you. You seem to be the confused one here, dear.
Are you saying that homosexuals are less than human and cannot choose whether or not to engage in the unspeakable, God-forbidden acts that alone define and identify homosexuals?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding you unlikeable does not make anyone racist. It just means they don't like you. It's personal.
Haha grow up clown, I had a daddy at home, a husband who adored me and kids who tell me they love me everyday....

I don't need or want crumbs from you.

The only reason I came back to be nice to you was because I didn't know if you were one of the fair ones one the Maryland thread...

There was a mix of corrupt feds, hateful homosexuals and a couple of fair folks....

Since you dont have a picture, I can't remember which one you were.

I returned your nastiness then wondered if you were one of the decent ones on the Maryland thread.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is. Scratch a homophobe and find a bigot.
Who told you, Carol? Sponge Bob?
Who is this Blonde old hag girl, the corrupt fed?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no argument so you're bringing up AIDS. I see
You're afraid of my very valid arguments ...but diseases/super bugs are another value concern thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of17,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••