Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17554 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#146 Jan 9, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>The gay agenda is trying to gain rights that they do not have by law. Since laws effect everyone,this is a public debate.
Actually, we are trying to obtain equal protection under existing law, as guaranteed by our constitution.

And yes, the public is free to debate. But, when debating, it's always wise to do your research and prove only valid and verifiable information.

Otherwise, you just look silly.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#147 Jan 9, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! Just the same as when you start spouting off that you hate Jews, or blacks, or other minorities and want to deny them an equal place in society.
Funny how promoting bigotry and hatred makes one less popular.
It's soooo unfair!
You never read that I hate anyone. Do you read and hear the news. Because I mention it on this site will not change the news you can read and hear too. Don`t shoot the messenger.
Carol

Orem, UT

#148 Jan 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>One needs a little arrogance to match yours. But you are the one who combines arrogance with the brain of a boiled eggplant.
Let's see I said that;

Mommy and daddy are the standard foundation for the family and should be protected.

Its imperative that freedom of religion and speech are protected....

That one of my favorite relatives was an open homosexual ...that person was loved , accepted by her Christian family and she knew it. I kissed, hugged her even after she acquired a disease... that eventually took her life...

The majority of homosexuals I know have died before 40.

That I don't want to know what homosexuals or hetereosexuals do in their bedroom...

I've said that homosexuals shouldn't be harmed physically and that they should be free to live their privates lives as they see fit...

But they shouldn't be allowed to indoctrinate Americas children that this is a normal lifestyle because the norm is mommy and daddy. Anything else including my widow headed family is abnormal and my kids crave their daddy.

Homosexuals at best can only bring blended families to the table and blended families have a high failure rate.

Homosexuals aren't exactly known monogamous relationships anyway...

I taught my daughter to wipe from front to back because we all know that the anus is for waste material...

That place cannot be sufficiently cleaned for anything other than waste material...

And if it is cleaned the good bacteria that keeps that area from becoming diseased will be eliminated as well opening the door for new super bugs that medical science can't handle.

This is basic common sense, legitimate concerns definitely not bigotry.
Carol

Orem, UT

#149 Jan 9, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we are trying to obtain equal protection under existing law, as guaranteed by our constitution.
And yes, the public is free to debate. But, when debating, it's always wise to do your research and prove only valid and verifiable information.
Actually you're a bully and homosexuals used terms like homophobe to squash any opposing views or legitimate concerns.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#150 Jan 9, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found out from reading many postings and thread that people will have reference to support their posting to still be rejected because it do not fit the objectors belief. I speak from personal experiences and things encounter in reading and hearing over the years. You can accept my posting or reject them. I may respond to some but I will not make a 100 replies when I see there is an outright rejection to my posting from one poster.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#151 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text> I tell you what you can do. You search all of the news websites and prove me wrong.
Done. You're wrong.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#152 Jan 9, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see I said that;
Mommy and daddy are the standard foundation for the family and should be protected.
Its imperative that freedom of religion and speech are protected....
That one of my favorite relatives was an open homosexual ...that person was loved , accepted by her Christian family and she knew it. I kissed, hugged her even after she acquired a disease... that eventually took her life...
The majority of homosexuals I know have died before 40.
That I don't want to know what homosexuals or hetereosexuals do in their bedroom...
I've said that homosexuals shouldn't be harmed physically and that they should be free to live their privates lives as they see fit...
But they shouldn't be allowed to indoctrinate Americas children that this is a normal lifestyle because the norm is mommy and daddy. Anything else including my widow headed family is abnormal and my kids crave their daddy.
Homosexuals at best can only bring blended families to the table and blended families have a high failure rate.
Homosexuals aren't exactly known monogamous relationships anyway...
I taught my daughter to wipe from front to back because we all know that the anus is for waste material...
That place cannot be sufficiently cleaned for anything other than waste material...
And if it is cleaned the good bacteria that keeps that area from becoming diseased will be eliminated as well opening the door for new super bugs that medical science can't handle.
This is basic common sense, legitimate concerns definitely not bigotry.
It's common sense only to those who share your bigotry. There is no evidence to support your assertions, and even a lot of bigots would say your BS doesn't help.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#153 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text> I tell you what you can do. You search all of the news websites and prove me wrong.
You've made the Assertion that such things happen. This means that the Onus Probandi is on you.

You see, I haven't asserted that they didn't happen. I asked for links to sources in support of the Assertion. The "Onus" is on the one who makes the Assertion.

The Onus Probandi rule applies in Law, Philosophy and Debate.

Failure to support an Assertion results in a judgement that "the point" is "unproven", and any conclusions based upon it are rendered invalid.

Debate is fun, but you've got to learn the rules that big boys use.

It isn't just quibbling.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#154 Jan 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Done. You're wrong.
You know you have not search the millions of news websites and article. You know you are lying.
Carol

Orem, UT

#155 Jan 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a context surrounding the story. The fact is that the woman was put on paid leave and then was re-instated. I do not dismiss the stress that added to her life. But you dismiss the fact that these things happen on a regular basis to gay people without such a satisfactory resolution. Indeed, gays in her state can be summarily fired with no recourse whatsoever.
There are many homosexuals in places of authority, who are doing the exact same thing...

I see many positive homosexual characters in the media but attractive, slender blk women like Dianne Carroll, Bernadette Stanis etc ..

were replaced with precious types, ghetto types only fat blk women...

While classy, slender blk women like Kelli Rowland, Jada, Keshia Pulliam, a young Lauren Hill...

Cant get work in the US mainstream media....

I guarantee I can show more negative examples of blk women than you can show of homosexuals as they're being embraced...

I'm told that its homosexual Jews who are destroying the image of not only blk women but heterosexual white men in the media.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#156 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You've made the Assertion that such things happen. This means that the Onus Probandi is on you.
You see, I haven't asserted that they didn't happen. I asked for links to sources in support of the Assertion. The "Onus" is on the one who makes the Assertion.
The Onus Probandi rule applies in Law, Philosophy and Debate.
Failure to support an Assertion results in a judgement that "the point" is "unproven", and any conclusions based upon it are rendered invalid.
Debate is fun, but you've got to learn the rules that big boys use.
It isn't just quibbling.
Quit making excuses and prove me wrong.
Carol

Orem, UT

#157 Jan 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's common sense only to those who share your bigotry. There is no evidence to support your assertions, and even a lot of bigots would say your BS doesn't help.
I notice that this intolerant bigot didn't address any of my talking points...

Homosexuals like him run from a valid debate ...

They bully any opposing views with words like homophobic, bigotry, intolerant...

When homosexuals are some if the most ignorant, intolerant, racist people in the planet.

I find that homosexual whites are more racist than heterosexual whites.
Carol

Orem, UT

#158 Jan 9, 2013
The only reason I enter these threads...

The great great grandkids of Americans living now...

need to see that some fought for their right to have mama and daddy...

Fought for their right to have freedom if religion and speech...

I found out on the Maryland thread that most if these homosexuals here are vicious bullies...

They taunt, call names and gang up on posters, who have a view that mama and daddy are the norm..,

and all other unions aren't the norm nor the best for families.
Carol

Orem, UT

#159 Jan 9, 2013
Nhjeff seems like a fair man but if he wants to throw out the bigot word...

It can be thrown back at him.

Location hidden

#160 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>Quit making excuses and prove me wrong.
Not my burden in this debate.

Location hidden

#161 Jan 9, 2013
Carol wrote:
The only reason I enter these threads...
The great great grandkids of Americans living now...
need to see that some fought for their right to have mama and daddy...
Fought for their right to have freedom if religion and speech...
I found out on the Maryland thread that most if these homosexuals here are vicious bullies...
They taunt, call names and gang up on posters, who have a view that mama and daddy are the norm..,
and all other unions aren't the norm nor the best for families.
They are fighting for their FAMILIES.

You'd probably use a gun.
Carol

Orem, UT

#162 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
As a widow I've been under horrific seige from corrupt monsters...

Who evidently didn't see me and my kids as human...

They saw a blk woman who didn't fit the stereotypes and have tried to viciously destroy me and my kids....

trampled my human, civil constitutional rights...too the point that tears don't matter anymore...

I didn't grab a gun, I hold on to my Christian faith that has kept me sane in the midst of a nightmarish, frightening unreal situation...

and I pray/keep hope/ faith that my beautiful country the USA has due process available for blk women and children.
Carol

Orem, UT

#163 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW anyone who says that mom and dad are the norm for building the basic foundation of a family is called a bigot...

So those who believe in the traditional family are fighting for our families as well.

Location hidden

#164 Jan 9, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
As a widow I've been under horrific seige from corrupt monsters...
Who evidently didn't see me and my kids as human...
They saw a blk woman who didn't fit the stereotypes and have tried to viciously destroy me and my kids....
trampled my human, civil constitutional rights...too the point that tears don't matter anymore...
I didn't grab a gun, I hold on to my Christian faith that has kept me sane in the midst of a nightmarish, frightening unreal situation...
and I pray/keep hope/ faith that my beautiful country the USA has due process available for blk women and children.
Ya know, you could replace "blk woman" with gay/lesbian person/couple and your words would be just as valid for us.

Ever hear about this?

http://thetruthpursuit.com/society/society-bl...

You see, we had our own Tuskegee atrocities, too.

And our assassinations:

But do you also know about this man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Doctor Horndog

Alpharetta, GA

#165 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>The gay agenda is trying to gain rights that they do not have by law. Since laws effect everyone,this is a public debate.
If gay rights have any direct affect on you; then you are self-diagnosed with homophobia disability

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Gay cake' appeal decided 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 29
News Landlord Caught Having Sex In Tenants's Bed 13 hr Parden Pard 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Fri patrol 4,677
News 'Sausage Party': Orgy Of Upset From French Cath... Fri Newt G s Next Wife 1
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Thu hatem 245
News Man who was shot dead by police after 'running ... Dec 1 Ben Ghazi 1
News Utah denies it has anti-gay school laws Dec 1 Toby Stoner 4
More from around the web