Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17555 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13950 Nov 25, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You said older gay males. Forgive me if I interpreted that as men, not boys.
And you can forget about me clicking on anything you post. If I'm lucky, it will not infect my computer with viruses. But I've seen your posts and your sources. There is nothing to be gained by joining your community of desperate homophobes and racists.
Then you are simply a coward.
80% of the men in that GAY PRODUCED documentary admit to having unprotected sex with men they barely knew. The practice of "gifting" is not only prevalent, but celebrated. To claim otherwise is to be an obscurantist.
http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4093766....
THAT link was from a National New Source. No "viruses"-- except in your partner....

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13952 Nov 25, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
Did I make up this post from the CDC too, or is the CDC racist?
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/racialethnic/aa/
African Americans accounted for an estimated 44% of all new HIV infections among adults and adolescents (aged 13 years or older) in 2010, despite representing only 12% to14% of the US population.
In 2010, black men accounted for 70%(14,700) of the estimated 20,900 new HIV infections among all adult and adolescent blacks. The estimated rate of new HIV infection for black men (103.6/100,000 population) was seven times as high as that of white men, twice as high as that of Latino men, and nearly three times as high as among black women.
Um, can you stay focused dear? It's hard to keep up with your bigotry if you keep switching. Are you here to bitch about gays or blacks? Which is it hon?

Location hidden

#13953 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
How about the American Psychiatric Association?
http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/outrageous...
How about them?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...

The "official classification" that your ridiculous website mentions is completely non-existent. Just another example of how desperate fundies are to promote their agenda.

Hon, this one was way sadder than you NARTH attempt. So pathetic.

What else you got dear?!! What epic fail would you like to set yourself up for next??!!!

Location hidden

#13954 Nov 25, 2013
Sadly, there is a clique of older HIV positive gay males in my school who make a game out of how many "newbies" they can have unprotected sex with. They call themselves the "Bull Riders" because they tend to announce their HIV status during the sex act as in my account above.
I am prohibited by the Administration of warning the other students about their activities because it is felt they would be made to feel "different" or "persecuted" if their HIV status was known.
Can anyone hand OFOTF a shovel? He needs one desperately.

So let's see, the "Administration" at your school is too stupid to know how to address the student board about an issue of health without naming people specifically? Your administration is completely unable to discuss how dangerous certain actions are without mentioning who is engaged in the actions? That seems like a really stupid administration. But one can now see how you would fit right in with such a bunch.

And given how tremendously stupid your "administration is" one can definitely see how your school would have such a high ratio of children that are HIV positive to form such a clique.

Tell me hon, this clique you mention, let me guess, are they all black too?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13955 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone hand OFOTF a shovel? He needs one desperately.
So let's see, the "Administration" at your school is too stupid to know how to address the student board about an issue of health without naming people specifically? Your administration is completely unable to discuss how dangerous certain actions are without mentioning who is engaged in the actions? That seems like a really stupid administration. But one can now see how you would fit right in with such a bunch.
And given how tremendously stupid your "administration is" one can definitely see how your school would have such a high ratio of children that are HIV positive to form such a clique.
Tell me hon, this clique you mention, let me guess, are they all black too?
Of course they're black. They bareback because black skin is allergic to latex. Pay attention. There will be a quiz.

Location hidden

#13956 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
the Onion? I apologize, that link was posted in error. HERE is the accurate link, i believe: http://www.guyspeak.com/answers/i-have-a-craz...
My goodness. You certainly do spend a lot of time reading about fringe sexual practices of others. Have you ever thought about speaking to someone professional about your obsession? Tell me, do you share you little obsession when you are counseling children?

You do realize that spending massive amounts of time searching out information on things you state you find offensive is a sickness, right hon?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13957 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize princess, that providing quotes and then cowardly removing their source doesn't really help you, right dear?!!!
I was protecting the identity of a CHILD.
I realize you'd like to "meet and greet" him, but I'm afraid I can't facilitate that.

Location hidden

#13958 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Could you please evaluate this site for me?
http://www.nowayborngay.org/
I am thinking of making it required viewing at the High School where I work to cut down on deviant sexual activity.
I would say that you should donate as much as you can as soon as you possibly can. That is afterall WHAT the website was created for, and you are WHO it was created for.

The more shills like you, donate to organizations like that, the faster we gays achieve our full equality.

Is there anything else we can help you with?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13959 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you here to bitch about gays or blacks?
Neither. I post the truth, provide evidence, and you deny it.
No wonder your community is so rife with disease.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13960 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I was protecting the identity of a CHILD.
No you aren't. You're sharing sordid fantasies of your own in an inappropriate place with people who really aren't interested.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13961 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>

So let's see, the "Administration" at your school is too stupid to know how to address the student board about an issue of health without naming people specifically?
They TRIED. The local GLADD Chapter filed a legal injunction forbidding them to address the issue. Right now it's tied up in multiple Courts indefinitely. I believe the ACLU also got involved in support of GLADD.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13962 Nov 25, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness. You certainly do spend a lot of time reading about fringe sexual practices of others. Have you ever thought about speaking to someone professional about your obsession? Tell me, do you share you little obsession when you are counseling children?
You do realize that spending massive amounts of time searching out information on things you state you find offensive is a sickness, right hon?
I have research these practices if I intend to warn the students about them, don't I?
BTW, I was able to link that web-site you approved of onto the school computer network. It now appears when each unit is booted up.
I'm glad you found it helpful.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13963 Nov 25, 2013
See Jonah1 and his partner at 3:20 of this video link:

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13964 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I am thinking of making it required viewing at the High School where I work to cut down on deviant sexual activity.
Again......if one reads the "ABOUT" us information you discover this:
About Nowayborngay.org

This site provides educational resources and discussion opportunities related to Christian cultural evangelism.

Additionally, most Christians fail to understand the necessity of confronting evil. While this site is devoted to Christian cultural transformation, another major focus of the site is to provide tools for fighting the gay agenda.

This is an EVANGELISTIC FUNDAMENTALIST anti-gay biased site and it wouldn't surprise me that you would want to use it to promote your HOMOPHOBIC agenda!!!

If you are a High School Counselor as you claim......I'm certainly glad my grandchild WON'T be exposed to your hatred!!!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#13965 Nov 25, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>you must be such a sweet person.
my discussion on this subject has nothing to do with your right to be 'married'.
my discussion is about you insisting that everyone who happens to have a religious conviction based on their understanding of morality must be dragged into servicing and supporting your wedding.
so now you make this claim...
'They still exist in the south and they thrive. They may not have advertising acknowledging it, but they definitely make sure the rules are known. Are you really this stupid?'
how about a link or some kind of proof, or must it be so because you think so?
simple. laws are secular and not favoring any one particular religious viewpoint. or even any religious viewpoint.

religion and the choice thereof is simply a personal choice.

starting and running a business that makes money off the general public due to their patronage is a choice.

following public secular law is not a choice. you break the law, you pay the price. if you're running or owning a business in a particular state, and the business breaks the public secular laws, then the business (or rather the business owner / manager) must pay the price.

for example, if our small business advertised for an open position to hire someone for employment - even here in the state of texas - we couldn't not hire someone because of their gender or race. if that were our excuse, then we'd be hauled into court. by the person wronged. and that person would win in court whatever damages accorded to them by the judge, in accordance with state laws.

in the state of washington, they've added to gender and race discrimination laws another grouping - sexual preference. the law was put into place using correct legal procedures by their law makers in their state. these laws were enacted well in advance of the action taken by the business and it's owner.

while a lengthy explanation, the above should be understandable by even a grade school child or maybe a junior high child. do you understand the above exlanation? if you do, then your discussion would cease. if you don't understand the explanation above, then you'll respond with an equivalent of a "yeah, but...." and some guessing of transpired events or a mis-interpretation of the washington state law, or something similar.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#13966 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
if this is a religious based site, then no.
if this is a site funded by any religious group, no.

go and look at your state's laws to see the restrictions.

Location hidden

#13967 Nov 25, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they're black. They bareback because black skin is allergic to latex. Pay attention. There will be a quiz.
Damn it, I knew I should have brought pen and paper today!!

Location hidden

#13968 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
They TRIED. The local GLADD Chapter filed a legal injunction forbidding them to address the issue. Right now it's tied up in multiple Courts indefinitely. I believe the ACLU also got involved in support of GLADD.
Well then, you won't mind providing a link to the case. Who is the defendant and who is the plaintiff?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13969 Nov 25, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again......if one reads the "ABOUT" us information you discover this:
About Nowayborngay.org
This site provides educational resources and discussion opportunities related to Christian cultural evangelism.
Additionally, most Christians fail to understand the necessity of confronting evil. While this site is devoted to Christian cultural transformation, another major focus of the site is to provide tools for fighting the gay agenda.
This is an EVANGELISTIC FUNDAMENTALIST anti-gay biased site and it wouldn't surprise me that you would want to use it to promote your HOMOPHOBIC agenda!!!
If you are a High School Counselor as you claim......I'm certainly glad my grandchild WON'T be exposed to your hatred!!!
Grandchild? No wonder you're such an angry, lonely old queen.
Why do bitter old queens always end up alone?

Location hidden

#13970 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I have research these practices if I intend to warn the students about them, don't I?
If that's what you need to tell yourself hon, you knock youself out.
<quoted text>
BTW, I was able to link that web-site you approved of onto the school computer network.
Of course you were dear. Whatever you need to tell yourself. Who knew that school counselors had so much time to troll on Topix all day long. Seems the folk in your trailer park should invest into seeing how their tax dollars are spent.
<quoted text>
It now appears when each unit is booted up.
Of course it does dear. Because in all schools, the school counselor is also the IT manager. You're stories absolutely ring of truth and honesty OFOTF. You don't need to try so hard to convince us. We've all completely bought your stories. You're such a rich and gifted story teller. I can't believe you don't have books on the shelves at all the major bookstores already.
<quoted text>
I'm glad you found it helpful.
Where did I say I found it helpful? Do you have the post number? No dear, what I said was that you exemplify to the tee the type of person the website was created for. Now hurry, they are waiting for you to paypal them. What are you waiting for hon?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman breaks up with fiance 3 weeks before wedd... 4 hr wichita-rick 4
News Molly Olson: Change Minnesota law to support 'e... (Feb '11) 8 hr QBY 26
News 4 responses to Tim Kaine's claims about Genesis... 11 hr david traversa 1
News Religious Voters May Lean Republican, But Feel ... 13 hr BabyDoll 4
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 16 hr reza_khafan 183
News Tens of thousands march against same-sex marria... Sat david traversa 1
News PHOTOS: For Indonesiaa s Buginese community, tr... (Aug '15) Sat aditya 2
More from around the web